New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

biggrin Instant Anime Plot!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wizard allies can share a spellbook.

Four schoolgirl wizards sharing a single spellbook are friends with eachother and one [love interest?] duskblade protector = instant anime plot

Quote Originally Posted by Crasical

You ****er

I want to play that as a game now
    ---------

Okay, so the purpose of this thread is to come up with low-level party builds (ideally 1st level) such that they become an "instant anime plot".

Have fun!
    The Real Alignments Handbook, Save Points & Strife
    4e-Like Passives for 3.5e, Comprehensive Spell Points Tables, Line-of-Sight vs Line-of-Effect
    Rule #1 for conversing with me: As soon as you use all-caps for an entire statement or clause, you lose.
    Rule #2 for conversing with me: RAW-tards and other close-minded folks automatically lose.

If you're complaining about the OP's premise, please... stop, as you're probably not helping.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Re: Instant Anime Plot!

How many levels of tsundere do I take as a mahou shoujou wizard with long, black hair, glasses, and kendo skills?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Instant Anime Plot!

How long do you think it'll be before someone says something to the effect of

"ToB /thread"

I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

4. - Top - End - #4

If you add Wild Cohort via feats, flaws, or use the ACF that grants an animal companion instead of a familiar, you pretty much have summoned magical animals who guard and protect their squishy caster masters, the basic premise of Zero No Tsukaima.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    *snip*
    Just because it's wuxia doesn't make it an anime plot, as the closest to that would be what? Kenshin?
    Last edited by Maginomicon; 2013-06-17 at 03:41 AM.
    4e-Like Passives for 3.5e, Comprehensive Spell Points Tables, Line-of-Sight vs Line-of-Effect
    Rule #1 for conversing with me: As soon as you use all-caps for an entire statement or clause, you lose.
    Rule #2 for conversing with me: RAW-tards and other close-minded folks automatically lose.

If you're complaining about the OP's premise, please... stop, as you're probably not helping.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Maybe mechas can be built by encasing yourself in an astral construct?

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by centeotl View Post
    Maybe mechas can be built by encasing yourself in an astral construct?
    Only if your GM lets you.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maginomicon View Post
    Just because it's wuxia doesn't make it an anime plot, as the closest to that would be what? Kenshin?
    Heck if I know how people come to that conclusion but they do.

I understand some people even say it's a bit too wuxia too.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Rowdy, exotic magical girl archer.

Elf Cleric 1 CG
    (28 point buy)

Str 10
    Dex 16
    Con 10
    Int 10
    Wis 15
    Cha 14

Diety: Solonor Thelandira
    Domains: Elf and War

Saves: 2/ 3/ 4

Cleric 1 Turn Undead, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (longbow), Rapid Shot

2 attacks at +2/+2

*Note: If you fear to have no target to choose that aren't engaged in melee, you should consider, to avoid the nasty -4 penality for shooting a creature engaged in melee (plus the chance to actually hit the party member engaged with it) replacing the Rapid Shot feat by the Precise Shot one. You'll loose an attack, but will fire at +4, even if the creature is engaged, with no chance to hit a friend doing so. Then when you reach 3rd level, just take Rapid shot as your new feat.
    Taken from the low level class builds compendium.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A party journey's to a city to fight other parties in competition to find 7 cubes that will summon the Death god to grant the winners wishes. In an all out fight to the death to determine who is the Ultimate Fighter.

Fate/Zero, DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, and YuYu Hakisho, eat your heart out.
    I am BoutsofInsanity and my name isn't a metaphor.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

A Cleric, a Wizard, and a Druid who exclusively use Summon Magic team up to win a tournament to be the best Summoning Master of all.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Maginomicon View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wizard allies can share a spellbook.

Four schoolgirl wizards sharing a single spellbook are friends with eachother and one [love interest?] duskblade protector = instant anime plot

---------

Okay, so the purpose of this thread is to come up with low-level party builds (ideally 1st level) such that they become an "instant anime plot".

Have fun!
    Even better. Make those spells tattooed onto the body of a male wizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I can never understand WOTC's reasoning; taking RAW as a whole is like grabbing a book filled with fortune cookie sayings and basing your life off of them.
    My humble efforts at re-cr'ing MM2
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215727

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

You could have each of them specialize in one school of magic and make each of them ban two of the schools others are specialized in. Creating a circle. And like any good anime you could color code their hair.

Or you could let three of the girls specialize in one school and ban two those of the other girls and let one of them specialize in divination, banning an entire different school. That would make the diviner the leader.

Another idea might be to have the leader/one of the girls have [Item Familiar] with the familiar being the spell book they share.
    Last edited by A.A.King; 2013-06-17 at 06:02 AM.
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given

Play-by-Post Characters:

Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Rowdy, exotic magical girl archer.

Taken from the low level class builds compendium.
    from the anime i've seen, having a wisdom of 15 would be too much for them, having a 4 seems about right though.
    Last edited by SciChronic; 2013-06-17 at 06:29 AM.
    A single action cannot and should not define a character's alignment. While a single action can have an alignment, a character's alignment is the culmination of all actions taken, and most importantly the purpose and intent for why those actions were taken.
    My Homebrews:
    Alu-Fiend + Lesser Variant[PEACH]
    Benders, Avatar: The Last Airbender Inspired Classes [PEACH]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

Oh my, I do like the overall idea of this thread.
    Ahem, let me give it a try.

A typical party, consisting of an dwarf fighter, an elven wizard, a human cleric, a rogue and a warrior (yes, he sucks that hard), has a really kind DM and in their campaign they fight for the protection of the kingdom against a blackguard and his monstrous humanoid army.
    *Record of Lodoss War*

This one was pretty straightforward. Let me do another one:
    A powerful Glabrezu with Soul Eater levels has various simulacrums of himself polymorphed into strange catlike creatures. Said simulacrums roam the earth, offering wishes for commoner girls in exchange for "becoming a magical warrior". If they accept to make a contract, the girls get their souls ripped and placed inside gems, becoming Liches. They then must do his bidding and fight against gruesome and evil beings called witches, or perish and suffer.

Btw, on a side note:
    How many levels of tsundere do I take as a mahou shoujou wizard with long, black hair, glasses, and kendo skills?
    Sire, this is outright the most awesome post on this thread.

Edit: Just fixed some grammar mistakes. Curse my flurry of misstyping.
    Last edited by Mystia; 2013-06-17 at 08:49 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

I'm surprised nobody has done this one yet ...

In a world where magic is commonplace young spellcasters are all obsessed with the sport of summon monster battling. Using spells like the summon monster and planar binding line, these young spellcasters set off into the wild and journey from city to city to battle the gym leaders that must be defeated in order to reach the monster battle league. However, not all is well in the world for as these spellcasters fight to claim the title of summon monster master the evil Team Spelljammer plots to steal all the rare and powerful summons and use them to take over the world. Now, the fate of the world rests on the shoulders of a young monster battler sorcerer and his loyal dire rat. Can they save the world from Team Spelljammer and their evil plots?

So painfully obvious, no? Also, somebody should make a wizard who keeps his spellbook in the form of a deck of children's trading cards....and then make his caster enemies do the same. Whenever they go to fight they should actually play out that children's trading card game with their spells...and do it as dramatic as possible. They should draw, but no draw should be random; they will always hand pick the exact card/spell they need. Do that and you have the start of "Yugioh- The RPG"

Also, am I the only one here who wants to see Lucy from Elfin Lied stated out?
    Last edited by Giegue; 2013-06-17 at 08:11 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started at a dinner party in the BBEG's estate.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Mystia View Post
    Oh my, I do like the overall idea of this thread.
    Ahem, let me give it a try.

A typical party, consisting of an dwarf fighter, an elven wizard, a human cleric, a rogue and a warrior (yes, he sucks that hard), has a really kind DM and in their campaign they fight for the protection of the kingdom against a blackguard and his monstrous humanoid army.
    *Record of Lodoss War*
    Wasn't Record of Lodoss War actually based on a light novel which was itself based on one of the author's D&D campaigns? We've gone full circle on this one.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Characters start off as ToB Initiator classes, then have a random lycanthropy where they transform when doused with cold/hot water. Role percentiles on what their alternate form is. Opposite gender is on the list.

Female Warlock character has strange powers she has yet to fully master or even be aware of. Has a crush on a male Swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Four level 1 commoners go about their daily lives and nothing happens.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Four level 1 commoners go about their daily lives and nothing happens.
    Three of them are sisters. The last one's an unrelated male. The male cross-dresses because he has a crush on the eldest of the sisters despite that sister being way too old for him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minami-ke

21. - Top - End - #21

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crinias View Post
    Wasn't Record of Lodoss War actually based on a light novel which was itself based on one of the author's D&D campaigns? We've gone full circle on this one.
    Yep, you are right, it indeed is. I just kinda felt like that someone would mention it sooner or later, so I decided to do it sooner
    Thats why I also felt like it was necessary to create a proper one based in
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica