New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Superheroes of the Fused World [IC]

Ran protectively used his body to shield his mistress from any flying debris and got a couple of small rocks and fist sized chunk of building hit his back. "Are you alright milady?" He asked Kurami who had found herself taken by surprise and had frozen in place clutching her naginata hard when the building came crashing down. She slowly nodded her head.

"I'm fine Ran...but that thing...they mentioned...is underneath that.."
    She half whispered in shock of what just happened.

"That odd thing I saw inside, sacrificed itself for everyone,"
    His words heavy with...something. "At the most it deserves a proper hero's burial." Even though his hands hurt a bit, he would still assist in digging out, looking for Viktor's body.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

A massive robotic fist suddenly punches out of a the rubble. It waves around for a few seconds, before giving a thumbs up.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Specter doesn't waste even one second making a witty quip about-

"Alright Viktor! You rock!"

...Okay, ONE quip, but you can barely call that one intentional. Regardless, he helps toss aside the rubble covering up the bot.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Nazura grinned.

" I second that."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

I dashed over to help clear the rubble as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

There was a look of relief on the two's faces, particularly on Ran's, as with signs the robot thing was still functioning removed the rubble quicker, casually tossing larger pieces to the side.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

The available firemen work on clearing the rubble as well. Eventually, Viktor emerges. His metal's pretty banged-up but the actual burger that is Viktor is totally unharmed.

Mike blinks and processes this situation.

"You know...I'm guessing you might just be the winner of today's 'officially the weirdest day' contest."

Because you can say a lot of things about being a cat and being dead and so on...Even, like Naz, being in a strange world... But being a burger? He was sort of assuming that Viktor was a human being at one point, like everyone else.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The giant metal robot rises triumphantly from the rubble.

He then takes a moment to stoop down, and pick up his severed right arm. Holding the metal limb in his left hand, the robot turns from side to side, allowing the sentient cheeseburger inside to look through his viewport at all the people standing around him. "Oh good, da keeds are hokay. Well dat was fun. What we do next?" he casually asks, completely ignoring the fact that sparks are pouring from several gashes in his armor, and his robot body is missing a limb.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

"...Holy crap dude." The ironically mortified Specter says. "You are....so...AWESOME."

Specter floats up to the battered burger bot, like a kid in awe of his favorite superhero.

"Dude, you held up an entire burning building, and SURVIVED after it collapsed! That's...you're the coolest burger-powered robot I ever met! Heck even regular robots don't compare, that was the coolest!"

Looks like Viktor has a new fan.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

"...Are you...gonna be OK? Those aren't meant to have feeling in them, right?"

Mike poked the metal arm. He'd decided that the course of action was to assume nothing. Then again, the burger-guy didn't sound like he was in any pain.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

As the burger-bot emerged from the rubble, I stepped back and just stared in ... not so much awe as 'holy crap'. After a moment, I shook myself back to my senses and looked around, keeping my senses wide open for any more signs of danger. After all, it wasn't like I could talk to these people or anything, unless they spoke cat.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the excitement and danger had died significantly it would seem. Ran stood there with a small relieved smile as he looked upon the robo burger fellow, a real hero there.

Kurami was just glad that was all over, she felt a shower was needed after this, a shower before questions, questions could wait.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Viktor chuckles heartily at all the comments and concerns. "I am being fine, there is no reason to being worried. Arm is just just metal, not actually me. Actually me is sentient burger made from interesting mix of magic, fast food, and expensive Russian vodka," the burger-bot explains. He then points at the glass porthole in his chest, using his severed right arm for the actual gesturing. Sure enough, there's a burger in there. And it's currently waving a piece of lettuce in what looks like a friendly gesture. "See? I iz burger. Safe and sound; robot suit just keep me from being smoosh-ed. And I get to punch thingz, heh heh..."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

"An acceptable amount of heroism, for both you and him, Mistress. And your henchman made it out unscathed! Justice has been served! ...You ought to recruit the burger; he'd make a good henchman, too."

This seemed to catch Mike off-guard.
    "So, you were born *today*?"
    More than alarmed, though, he seems...Impressed. And a little concerned, for reasons to get through.
    "You need a place to stay?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #165

Griffon

In any other situation Nazura would have piped up and offered the space. But from what she knew about Jesse, he would've had a cow.

Best to try and make a decent first impression on the ole' counterpart right?

Looking around she noticed that though everyone had banded together and saved the innocents they didn't even know each other's names yet.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

In any other situation, I would have piped up and offered the space. However, given that I literally could not talk right now (at least, not in the human tongue), that was out of the question. With a sigh, I idly wondered if I could understand cats now, and if maybe I should just depart the scene.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

"...Wait...you...you're a burger...a living burger...inside of a giant metal robot?"

Specter processes the level of absurdity going on over a few seconds.

Then flashes a great big gleaming grin.

"That...is...AWESOME. That is the most awesome thing ever! Ahahaha, Oh god you really ARE a burger bot!"

Specter finds himself laughing aloud at the fantastic absurdity of this awesomeness, feeling like nothing at all could possibly ruin his day.

Which is when he hears the horn of a 2005 Prius blaring out at full pitch from behind.

He turns around, and if he weren't already white as a ghost, by the look on his face, he would be now.

"Oh no...she found me...I don't know how, but she found me...guys, hide! HIDE!"
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Viktor holds out his severed right arm. "QWUIK HIDE IN MY ARM!!"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    "...Wait...you...you're a burger...a living burger...inside of a giant metal robot?"

Specter processes the level of absurdity going on over a few seconds.

Then flashes a great big gleaming grin.

"That...is...AWESOME. That is the most awesome thing ever! Ahahaha, Oh god you really ARE a burger bot!"

Specter finds himself laughing aloud at the fantastic absurdity of this awesomeness, feeling like nothing at all could possibly ruin his day.

Which is when he hears the horn of a 2005 Prius blaring out at full pitch from behind.

He turns around, and if he weren't already white as a ghost, by the look on his face, he would be now.

"Oh no...she found me...I don't know how, but she found me...guys, hide! HIDE!"
    My hackles raised as I heard the warning. Immediately, two thoughts flashed through my mind. One, there was no way I was hiding in this form. I may be a cat, but I was the size of a horse! And two, if I couldn't hide, there was only one thing I could do, and that was buy the others time to escape. My hackles sparked as I tapped into my newfound qi energy, ready to hold off whatever new threat was coming.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "An acceptable amount of heroism, for both you and him, Mistress. And your henchman made it out unscathed! Justice has been served! ...You ought to recruit the burger; he'd make a good henchman, too."

"Eh?..."
    Kurami grimaced as she stared at her talking naginata, she had so many questions. "I...whatever....nevermind...uhm...thanks.." She said awkwardly since she knew she hadn't initially decide to this for the heroics, saving the old man and going through all that trouble and near smoke suffocation sorta just happened, she'll just blame Ran.

And then Specter and the 2005 Prius thing happened. Kurami just stood there, frozen in whatever, blinking confusedly. "Why?..." She didn't know this Specter, she didn't know why she should hide. Ran however was kinda on the ball and took a defensively position in front of her like a good bodyguard.

21. - Top - End - #171

Griffon

Nazzy just stood there.

Arms folded.

Broken. Bruised. Without inner backup.

She didn't care.

Bring it on.

Smirk.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

The door to the Prius opened up, and out came a long, feminine leg, standing in a high-heeled white shoe that matched the Prius to a T. From the way it lifted the body of the individual up, she meant serious business.

"Sorry guys, there's nothing you could've done to prevent this, we're just going to have to bite the bullet...and hope she doesn't kill us all."

She slammed the door forcefully, giving everyone a good look at her. It was not so much that she was tall, in fact she was only a little above average for a woman her age, but the way she stood, and the way she walked straight towards Specter with determination showed she meant business.

The way she was dressed helped too, with a business skirt that was short, but conservative, and a blouse and vest that managed to keep her bothersome busom under control. She wore no tie, but she had a scarf on in its place, as well as a large magatama stone hanging from a necklace, along with two matching earrings, and she kept her long brown hair very well-groomed, despite clearly having been in a rush to get here.

She marches straight up to Specter, looking him straight in the eyes. The ghost boy, for his part, sinks down to eye level with her, and shrugs his shoulders as if to hide in his hoodie, speaking in a low, muffled voice.

"...Hi sis...how'd you find-"

"Your teacher was looking everywhere for you. The school called us at home, and our parents called me. I'm the first one who found you, and by the look of things, it's lucky that I did. Specter, PLEASE tell me you had nothing to do with the rubble that used to be a building behind you."

"What? Sis no, you got it all wrong! I was-"

"No tricks, Spect-"

His sister went to tug his ear. She had done it before, perhaps more often than she should have. And she was as surprised as Specter when her hand passed right through his head, giving both brother and sister a moment to pause.

In that moment, the cold expression on his sister's face turned to fear, and concern, as she took a real, honest look at the brother before her, and for the first time really understood what she was looking at.

"...Specter...what in the world happened to you..."

He thought. He really had no idea what he could say to her to make it less of an impact...so he decided, perhaps better to play it the way he always does.

"Heh...cool huh sis? Now I can really haunt the church on halloween! Oooooo~ Spooky!"

His sister was far, far less than amused, and finally turned her attention to the rest of the group.

"So who are you all that have pulled my poor misguided brother into an act of petty arson? And before you answer, let me remind you that I am a lawyer, and I can and will use what you say in the court of law."
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

I gave Specter a deadpan look of, 'Really?' before turning my attention to the lady in front of us. I really wanted to point out that as a lawyer, she shouldn't be jumping to conclusions, and indeed had no reason to assume the ghost boy actually did anything wrong, and that as his sister she should be more focused on the fact that her brother is now a freaking ghost. However, a meow barely escaped my lips before I realized, oh wait, I can't talk. I let out a small hiss of frustration before turning to walk away.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Mike burst out laughing. It was a good, deep laugh, right from the diaphragm. After a day like today, one lawyer was not scary. He'd been bitten near in half by a flame-lizard-thing...
    Oh, wait. Yeah, that happened. His body suddenly remembered that his midsection had no business moving. He folded up, grabbing himself and wincing.

"Ow. Ow. Ow...."

After a moment of that, he straightened back up, with some effort.

"Mike Nelson, Argent City Fire Department, ma'am. Actually, your brother was assisting us in removing all civilains from the premises, under heavy literal fire from literal fire-monsters. He was part of a group that contributed directly to the saving of 6 lives."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Viktor bellows out a big laugh of his own, and proceeds to point at Specter with his severed limb. "Hah! Ghosty-boy here did good deed! Saved cheeldren from fire breathing leezards! He is hero! No need for involvement of lawyerness."

The hulking burger-robot suddenly turns to look back at the smouldering remains of the ruin. "Hokay aktually no, da peeple livingz here will likely be in needz of good legal advize in terms of insurance coverage, liability, and other thingiez like dat."

Wut.

Viktor turns back to the lawyer-lady. "Maybe good lawyer like you make good work here, eh? Brudder saves the peeples, den da sister helps them get they legal and financial help dey needz? Eh, eh? Everybody happy."

Wut.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

"...A hero? My brother?...I find that a little hard to believe...but regardless, I'm not exactly the lawyer you're looking for."

"Aw, c'mon Mia! These people need-"

"A lawyer who knows insurance policies. I focus on civil suits and you know that, Specter. Now, if their insurance refused to pay for their fire and animal damage, and yes they are still animals, there IS legal precedence for strange and abnormal growth and mutation, then they would indeed want to seek me out, or perhaps a lawyer who isn't still a paralegal."

"So...what about you two?"
    Mia asked, looking at the other two heroes who had yet to speak up. "I assume you all were just performing your civic duty, and won't be blamed for these damages either?"
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

I turned back as I sensed a question directed partially at me. I nodded my head with an affirming meow.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Griffon

" I don't care if I am or not. Being new to this world, I didn't have to lift a finger but I did." For his sake...

"Everyone's safe and that's the only thing that should matter!"

Naz tossed her head, her hair flaring up in the wind like a long blue satin ribbon.

" I can't believe it takes a group like us to have some compassion towards those in most need of it!" Maybe it was a bit of a sore subject but it was one she was passionate about.

I will protect my home. But this isn't my world it's Jesse's so how can I being to feel this way?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    "So...what about you two?"[/COLOR] Mia asked, looking at the other two heroes who had yet to speak up. "I assume you all were just performing your civic duty, and won't be blamed for these damages either?"
    Kurami felt herself annoyed by this woman's...attitude as she stepped out in front from behind the large six foot something Ran. She handed her talking naginata to Ran to hold. She narrowed her eyes slightly and held her chest up. Despite being a little dirty from the smoke she held herself with a dignity and elegance that had been instilled in her since childhood.

"While I do not like your tone or attitude, miss, yes, you can say I was just performing my civic duty.."
    Although she hadn't been too keen on doing it in the first place. "Any damages to this building were beyond anyone's control, if anyone were to get the blame it would be whatever those things were that started it."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

With her hands to her hips, surveying the 'heroes' gathered in front of the burned-down building, the attorney's grimace turns to a bit of a smile.

"Well...six collaborating stories will certainly hold up in the court of law, if anyone tries to contest your claim. Not to mention the people you saved today."

Her expression warms considerably once she has learned that these people have not gotten her brother into trouble. If anything, they've done the exact opposite.

"Sorry for putting you all through the ringer. But believe me, I have seen worse cases brought to court for liability, and I had to check each of your stories. Especially since you were with my brother at the time. I'm Mia Phenton, paralegal at Argent University. Pleased to meet all of you." She offers, to anyone wishing to take it, her business card.

"Wait, sis, are you really offering your legal services at a time like this? When half of us have turned into crazy robots and monsters and...and other stuff?"

She gives her brother a firm, serious look into his eyes.

"Yes, right now it is absolutely important, I think, for all of you to have legal representation. The rights and privileges of a United States citizen are fairly well-covered by our laws, but less so are the rights and privileges of citizens from other worlds, of other species and...ah...particularly the rights of sentient foods, I think, would require the oversight of a seasoned lawyer."

"Paralegal."

"Non-profit, paralegal, and I'm betting most of you don't have much of an income to cover any other kind of lawyer."

"So, what do you all say? In need of some legal aid?"
    Spoiler
    Show