New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Superheroes of the Fused World [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Kurami seemed to grimace and roll her eyes at the whole breathing exercise thing.

"Is that it? Just a weapon come to life? Then why the changed appearance?"
    She demanded of it. "Is it supposed to mean something?"
    "...On this, your memories are addled, Milady. I have been as I am for generations upon generations! You have been slacking in your history, perhaps?"

The weapon took its usual bravado-filled, snippy tone... But then it paused. The pause was a long one, and seemed full of thought. After a while, it continued.

"...But then, my memories of Milord's death...Are also addled, perhaps. I believe your account. However, that is not the way I remember Milord to have died.
    Why my memories are very clear on one thing, and yours clear on another... I do not know."

No one knew -- not enough to make sense of it, or publicly enough that others would know -- about the two worlds. Not in such a way that the subjective "this is what the world was like" could be untangled and made sense of.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "...On this, your memories are addled, Milady. I have been as I am for generations upon generations! You have been slacking in your history, perhaps?"

The weapon took its usual bravado-filled, snippy tone... But then it paused. The pause was a long one, and seemed full of thought. After a while, it continued.

"...But then, my memories of Milord's death...Are also addled, perhaps. I believe your account. However, that is not the way I remember Milord to have died.
    Why my memories are very clear on one thing, and yours clear on another... I do not know."

No one knew -- not enough to make sense of it, or publicly enough that others would know -- about the two worlds. Not in such a way that the subjective "this is what the world was like" could be untangled and made sense of.

"So, milady...essentially...you are possibly from a parallel world and because....this is just a theory.."
    Ran said politely to the Naginata as he observed the scene from the background. He was sitting down crossed legged having had meditating a little. "Two exact objects cannot exist in the same exact space, so when this...event happened, your existence in this world cancelled out the existence of the naginata of this world to avoid a paradox."

"...That's kinda of a morbid thought Ran,"
    Kurami replied with a frown.

"My apologies, tis just a theory...a guess like all theories."
    Ran bowed his head.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

"...But why would two objects exist that are the same object? Also...
    ARE YOU CALLING ME AN OBJECT, LACKEY?"

Tamamo-no-mae shouted, shaking a bit in place from the sheer effort of the cry.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

"...But why would two objects exist that are the same object? Also...
    ARE YOU CALLING ME AN OBJECT, LACKEY?"

Tamamo-no-mae shouted, shaking a bit in place from the sheer effort of the cry.

"Hauh....?"
    This seemed to have startled the large eye patching ex gangster. "No no Miss...forgive my foolish tongue, I will perform 99 tongue lashings upon myself."

Kurami broke her composure and snickered a little.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Jesse grinned. " Awesome." Sneaking a glance over at Specter, a soft expression came into his eyes for a moment. His fans, even Mimi would could it had been just a shadow.

He leaned over and opened the case that was lying in the car. " Brand new 9mm Sigsauer. Beautiful huh?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Viktor was more than happy to fill the bowls for the firefighters, even using his telekinesis to casually fling some spoons their way. "I am hoping you are all finding chili to your liking. May have put too much spice. But hey, youz guyz can handle a little heat, yeah?" the sentient cheeseburger asks, his tone jovial and imparting a sense of camaraderie. He may be talking food, and most folks would consider such a thing bizarre or alien even in this new bizarro-world, but amongst his firefighter friends, he's "just one of the guys."

And then Specter's sister showed up!

"Hah! Miss Phenton!" the hulking "robot" jovially greeted her. "So nice to be seeing you again. What is bringing you around these parts? Would you be liking some chili? Careful! Heh heh, iz spicy!" he warns with a goodhearted chuckle.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-05-06 at 05:10 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

"Er um...yeah that's...look I'm not even going to pretend like I know my Glocks from my Colts, let alone a Sigsausage." Specter explains. "All I know is it's a gun and it shoots bullets."

-------------------------------------------------

"Ah, no thanks Viktor, I already had lunch." Mia explains. "Just thought I'd come by and see how you're adjusting to your new life."
    Last edited by Trobby; 2013-05-06 at 05:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

8. - Top - End - #218

Griffon

Jesse threw back his head and laughed. " It's alright Spec. There are some I've read about who don't know that much."

In laughing, he had sent a few girls' heads turning toward him again. In typical fashion they "Kyahh'd" all over the view. You could practically see the little red hearts coming out of their eyes.

" Mimi, keys." Without a word she handed them to him and got into the passenger seat after sliding the gun case to the back.

Jesse of course slid into the leather driver's seat. " We'd better get moving Spec."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Specter has vanished...

Or has he?

The car quite suddenly revs up, of its own accord, as Specter's voice emerges from all around.

"Way ahead of you Jesse. Heh."

Of course, operating an entire car is a bit much for him, but he can still start up the engine easy enough.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the High School

Mimi gasps as the car decides to start acting on its own.

"...Do you have a license, Mr. Phenton?"

--

Firehouse

Mike wiped some chili from the sides of his mouth. He'd been mid-bite when she'd come in, and stood up. The rest of the men stayed eating.

"He's doing really well; he's a big help...Makes good chili, too."

Mike rubbed the back of the head and looked worried.

"...But... No one's said anything. About his legal status, I mean."

----
    With Kurami

"Good, good." Well, it sounded satisfied enough.

---

Room 408, Davidson Hall, Argent University

Cid Manx's class had begun 45 minutes ago; he did have classes, in theory. In practice, he sent Tony to actually run it, like a good graduate student. As a result, his note-taking had been slowed a bit; he'd just have to remember it for later. It was a solid test, anyway.

Sitting on a tall desk chair was a red-and-white corgi, wearing glasses that didn't fit quite properly, dressed in a sweater. He was not sure about the sweater; it was rather precious, and anyway, not very comfortable. But he did want to show willing. Hmph.
    He was looking over a battered-looking book, lost in it except for the momentary unease of turning a page with his nose. The rest of the desk was covered in open books and photographs of some old tablets, many of them fragmented.
    Last edited by Deme; 2013-05-07 at 07:52 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the High School

Mimi gasps as the car decides to start acting on its own.

"...Do you have a license, Mr. Phenton?"
    "...No. And I can't really move all the parts of the car at once. But I also can't just sit down in the back either. Can't a guy have a little fun though?"

Firehouse

Mike wiped some chili from the sides of his mouth. He'd been mid-bite when she'd come in, and stood up. The rest of the men stayed eating.

"He's doing really well; he's a big help...Makes good chili, too."

Mike rubbed the back of the head and looked worried.

"...But... No one's said anything. About his legal status, I mean."
    "It's...still a highly disputed topic." Mia explained. "And until laws are passed to resolve the legal status of a non-human intelligent being such as Viktor, and we come up with a better term than the one I just used to describe Viktor, he's in a bit of a legal limbo I'm afraid."
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Viktor gives a low chuckle. "Just means Viktor is special, is all. Besides," he gives a small wave of a robotic hand, which is a much larger and more animated gesture than he probably intend, "Iz not like I am to be causing trouble. I help with the fighting of the fires and the saving of the kittens from trees. No reason for lawman to look my way, yes?"

13. - Top - End - #223

Griffon

Jesse sighed. " Spec, she's my favorite, you know that so since you're not the best at this yet, how 'bout letting me handle it?"

He gave the keys a small twirl in the air.

"Just to be on the safe side."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

"...Yeah okay. I see your point. I DO need something to possess though, or she'll go right through me." He points out.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, hopefully... "

Mike looked dubious that things would work out forever...But for now, everything was OK.

"But if they don't have anything that says what you can do, they don't have any way of saying what they can do to you..."

He looked at Mia.

"...Right?"

----

Mimi snatched the keys from Jesse's hand. She was the driver here, after all. If Jesse wanted to drive home from school, he could park in the lot with the rest of the plebians.

"Your father hired me for a reason, sir. And one of those reasons is driving the car."

The other was keeping an eye on Jesse, but she never said that. Out loud.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Mia grimaced. This was not going to be pleasant.

"Unfortunately...that is not true. Because there are not yet any laws declaring the rights and privileges of...of a sentient hamburger...any court could rule that he has as many rights and privileges as an inanimate object. No more or less than a sandwich."

She then turned to Mike. This...was going to be even less pleasant.

"And you aren't in the clear either. There are already cases in court challenging the legal standing of non-humans. I wish I had better news for you two...but the truth is, neither of you are safe."

She didn't have the heart to also tell him that there was a sizable push to have him and other non-human sentient beings treated as wild animals in court...or that it was starting to gain ground.

"You...both of you...may want to seek legal representation. Just to be safe."

---------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but it IS his car, and he should get to drive it.

Thinking this, Specter decides to try to quickly possess the keys and pop them out of Mimi's hand, back over to his pal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Possession: (2d6+2)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Viktor just goes back to stirring the chili. "Eh, so we just need to be on best behavior, she we iz good peeple. Peeple-things. Whatever we iz. Show dem we good and nice-like, no reason to give problems to us. Though yes, leegal person-lawyer-thing might be good idea. Who would be suggesting?"

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Room 408, Davidson Hall, Argent University

Cid Manx's class had begun 45 minutes ago; he did have classes, in theory. In practice, he sent Tony to actually run it, like a good graduate student. As a result, his note-taking had been slowed a bit; he'd just have to remember it for later. It was a solid test, anyway.

Sitting on a tall desk chair was a red-and-white corgi, wearing glasses that didn't fit quite properly, dressed in a sweater. He was not sure about the sweater; it was rather precious, and anyway, not very comfortable. But he did want to show willing. Hmph.
    He was looking over a battered-looking book, lost in it except for the momentary unease of turning a page with his nose. The rest of the desk was covered in open books and photographs of some old tablets, many of them fragmented.
    Kat presently found herself in the gym, finishing her workout. Recently, she'd found out she had to be careful with her practicing on the dummies here, otherwise she might accidentally unleash her qi energy and destroy them. The first time that happened was rather embarrassing, she admitted.

After she finished her workout, she decided to visit her uncle. She was a little worried about him, since unlike her, he still had to deal with living on four legs. So after her shower, she made her way towards her uncle Cid's office.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Viktor just goes back to stirring the chili. "Eh, so we just need to be on best behavior, she we iz good peeple. Peeple-things. Whatever we iz. Show dem we good and nice-like, no reason to give problems to us. Though yes, leegal person-lawyer-thing might be good idea. Who would be suggesting?"
    "I'm...Mostly human. Ish. I just need bigger hats."

This was true...Mostly. It was really just a small pair of horns. It was a darn useless random addition.

"Anyway, I think she's suggesting her... Hey, should we think about those other people? From that day? Your brother and the rest?"

----

The corgi looked up from his work at the sound of his niece's knocking. Actually, now that he thought about it, he'd smelled her a little while ago. That would explain why he was wagging to the point that his chair was starting to wiggle.

"Ah, come in! Come in."

--------------

Mimi tried to hold the keys harder.

(2d6)[8]

They flipped out of her hand and into Jesse's.

"Fine. Fiiine. As long as you don't mind this being..."

She glared sourly. It was one thing to have to put up with teenagers -- the things she did for money -- but this....This was too much. Luckily, she was not without power.

"In my report."
    Last edited by Deme; 2013-05-10 at 03:39 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

The corgi looked up from his work at the sound of his niece's knocking. Actually, now that he thought about it, he'd smelled her a little while ago. That would explain why he was wagging to the point that his chair was starting to wiggle.

"Ah, come in! Come in."
    "Yo," Kat said, stepping inside. "Just popping by to see if you need anything. I know how difficult it can be to get around on four legs and all."

As an aside, she did manage to keep her amusement in check, reminding herself that it was likely a pretty bad situation for her uncle. If she cracked, it would be rather embarrassing.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm...Mostly human. Ish. I just need bigger hats."

This was true...Mostly. It was really just a small pair of horns. It was a darn useless random addition.

"Anyway, I think she's suggesting her... Hey, should we think about those other people? From that day? Your brother and the rest?"
    "I need to talk to them too. My brother already knows a little bit, though I'm not sure he's taking it as seriously as I'd hope he would...but Viktor concerns me more than anyone else because...well, I hate to put it this way, but he may very well be the worst off in securing his legal rights. A set of horns might get overlooked, but it would be much harder to make a case for sentient food."

Mimi tried to hold the keys harder.

[roll0]

They flipped out of her hand and into Jesse's.

"Fine. Fiiine. As long as you don't mind this being..."

She glared sourly. It was one thing to have to put up with teenagers -- the things she did for money -- but this....This was too much. Luckily, she was not without power.

"In my report."
    "Hmm...what do you think, Jesse, a little fun in your car worth getting written up over?"
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

With Kurami

"Good, good." Well, it sounded satisfied enough.
    Ran bowed his head, though now he was unsure of how to seque back to his topic he was discussion. Kurami sensed this and naturally she changed the subject to something else, because hurr hurr.

"So...you....is it possible for you to take on other forms?...Like...less conspicuous forms? I find the image of me walking about with you in such a......gawdy appearance...to be...distracting."
    Kurami knew she was likely going to get some complaining and what not for her word choice, but she wasn't up for caring about that at the moment.

23. - Top - End - #233

Griffon

Jesse sighed deeply, frustrated that as always he felted caged. Being able to do what he wanted when he wanted was such a pipe dream. He may be rich but life was far from ideal. In his mind an image of his dad cropped up and he realized the cons would definitely out the pros.

" Not if I risk having to have one of those fun convos with dad. "

He quickly switched places with Mimi, who got the lambo started and drove off to the gun range.

Gazing out the window, he glimpsed his reflection in the rearview mirror. That's me, always the good boy. Sigh.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Specter sighed inwardly. He had a feeling he might buckle in. Again. One of these days, he really hoped that Jesse would stand up to his dad. Dude can't keep his son under his thumb forever.

He hopped into a seat, literally, and rode alongside Jesse. He could tell right away that Jesse was getting all contemplative, which was something that had to be fixed right away. A change of topics would help.

"Say Jesse, you remember Naz? That cool dragon lady I told you about?"
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    "I need to talk to them too. My brother already knows a little bit, though I'm not sure he's taking it as seriously as I'd hope he would...but Viktor concerns me more than anyone else because...well, I hate to put it this way, but he may very well be the worst off in securing his legal rights. A set of horns might get overlooked, but it would be much harder to make a case for sentient food."
    "Well, not just that...Your brother and I are still American Citizens. Social security numbers, all that. They've got to make new rules before we can work differently...
    But...
    When someone's brought to life on United States Soil, is that the same as being born?"

Ah, citizenry debates.

-----

The Office

"Ah, you didn't need to worry about me....Mostly. You can, though, get me a book from one of the higher shelves."

He didn't seem particularly bothered by it, or maybe he was just better at hiding his feelings than most.

----

....Where is this even?

"Ah, but of course."

It twitched slightly and...Folded would be the wrong word. It didn't really fold, so much as shift through space. It moved in some unknown way and...Looked much more like an ordinary, if somewhat ornate, naginata.

"Will this do?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

The Office

"Ah, you didn't need to worry about me....Mostly. You can, though, get me a book from one of the higher shelves."

He didn't seem particularly bothered by it, or maybe he was just better at hiding his feelings than most.
    "Oh, sure," said Kat, walking over to the bookshelf. She should probably get him a corgi-friendly ladder or something, she thought, it shouldn't be too hard to make. "Which book do you want?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Viktor chuckles. "I iz Russian-speaking cheezeburger born in USA. Sounds like start to joke or something," the burger-bot muses to himself.

He then turns back to Mia, and telekinetically pulls a soda out of the nearby refridgerator. The drink is set down on the counter near her, and Viktor gestures a robotic hand at it. "Хотите чего-нибудь выпить?" he asks in perfectly spoken Russian, his tone and manner of speech much more suave, almost erudite, compared to his usual boisterous, butchered English.

Spoiler
    Show

"Would you like something to drink?"

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately, Russian is not one of Mia's strong suits, so she has to give Viktor a bit of an odd stare when he asks her something in perfectly unbroken Russian.

The gesture makes sense though, so she nods in approval, popping open the can to have a drink.

"That is one major concern, yes. Citizenry is difficult enough for those claiming to have another name, who are not identifiable by their photo ID, let alone those who were freshly-created in this land..."

Mia giggles a bit, because a very bad joke just occurred to her. One that doesn't even quite make sense. She has, perhaps, been listening to her brother a bit too much.

Or maybe the way Viktor is taking it so well is helping her relax too.

"In any case, keep him working here, and we can play up the people he saved from that building. The hero card will be pretty valuable should anything come up. Especially since people are still worried about enforcing order in the chaotic aftermath."
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Office

"Third from the right, the big red one. The Mitchell."

His books were often the sort without anything more than an author or translator's name on the spine, when they weren't dog-eared paperbacks coming principally from dodgy old book stores -- or becoming, after a certain time in his possession, material for dodgy old book store.

--------------------

Firehouse

"Right. So he could get deported to Russia. And who knows what they'd do about him."

Face-palm. He just sighed a little and considered returning to his chilli.

"No one's said anything, and we've got him listed as a volunteer firefighter...For the moment."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

"That's..a bit optimistic, actually. Our best hope would be to try to apply for his citizenship in America. Better to not get international politics concerned at all...I have a feeling things are just as bad across the ocean."

"In any case, if he's listed as a volunteer, that's already a step in the right direction. a public service position, even as a volunteer, gives him some much needed identifying documentation. Really, anything we can do to legally prove he belongs here is a step forward. Try to keep as much paperwork as you can."
    Spoiler
    Show