The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 52 12345678910112651 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1548
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois

    Default [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    The Bloody Crown


    In that dread desert, beneath the moon’s pale gaze, dead men walk.

    They haunt the shifting dunes of the breathless, windless night, brandishing weapons of bronze in mocking challenge and bitter resentment of the life they no longer possess.

    And sometimes, in ghastly dry voices, like the rustling of sun-baked reeds, they whisper the one word they remember from life. The name of the one who cursed them to their existence of more than death but less than life.

    They whisper the name, Nagash.


    - Ibn Ben Raschid, The Book of the Dead

    OOC Thread

    Aubentag, 1st Nachexen, The Year of Our Lord Sigmar 2523 I.C.

    It was on the track south from the crossroads that they saw the falling star. A hard, glimmering point of light, it slashed across the sky towards the west. Behind it dragged a long tail of faint, greenish flame, rippling like a cavalry standard. It was there for a moment, and then it was gone.

    The men on the wagon were a heterogeneous bunch. Until that point, they had shared the ride in silence. It was better to travel in company than alone, especially when it was dark, but that didn't mean you were obliged to talk to your fellow travellers. They might start thinking you were friends. Worse still, someone else might hear - someone waiting further up the road, perhaps, with a cudgel and some like-minded friends of their own. At the passage of the falling star, however, every head turned.

    There were five of them, plus the wagon driver. Each for their own reasons, they had found themselves heading south off the main road towards the village of Elmridge. Karl, who owned the wagon, apparently had some goods to pick up in the village, and had no objection to carrying them there with him. He was a small, lean man, with a face like tanned leather and a shapeless brown hat. His cart was pulled by a couple of aged-looking mules, and its sides were hung with battered-looking shields like the bows of a Norse longship. Behind the driver's bench there was a rolled-up blanket and an unmarked barrel of something or other, and a lighted storm lantern swayed from a post on the corner next to Karl, but other than that the cart's contents were limited to its passengers.

    They could not have been far from Elmridge when the star passed overhead. On their right, the tall woods from which the village took its name were rising, a low spur of the forest running close enough to the track that the wagon would soon be in the shadow of the trees. The star crossed the woods from east to west, vanishing somewhere beyond the dark hills that rose behind the black wall of elms.

    "Well," said Karl, his deadpan voice sounding rather unimpressed. "There's something you don't see every night."

    The mules had stopped. Looking up over his shoulder, the wagon driver squinted up at the two moons where they hung in the sky. Morrslieb was particularly bright this night. Shaking his head, he turned his eyes back to the road.

    "Walk on," said Karl, clicking his tongue and cracking the reins. Dutifully lowering their heads, the mules pulled the cart trundling forwards once again.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome to the game! Please make a post introducing your character - their physical appearance, perhaps their reason for being on the cart to Elmridge, any words they might have for the others.
    Last edited by LCP; 2013-03-23 at 04:01 AM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

    WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

    Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

    WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Adelbert Schreiber

    A thin, relatively young man, perhaps a shade shorter than average had watched the falling star with fascination and at once moved to mark the event in his diary. The scritch-scratch of quill on parchment broke the silence. It was followed seconds later by an oath as the cart started again and the jolt caused the writer to blot his page, obliterating the entry he had just made.

    "Not the best of omens," he said in annoyance rather than superstition and mostly to himself, though his voice was plainly audible. His accent was that of the southern Empire most likely Averland or Wissenland and clearly refined, though his dark clothing was of no better quality than the others in the cart. His hair was dark brown and he wore the short goatee beard of a would-be rake. As he looked up his shrewd grey eyes scanned the faces of his fellow passengers wondering what they made of the comet.

    Had circumstances been different, he Adelbert Schreiber would have been the toast of Nuln with the Elector Countess herself as patron. Alas circumstances were what they were and the scribe had been forced to desperate measures to make his name in the world of scholarship; desperate measures like traveling to the Border Princes to research a few moldy old ruins in search of the fabled Varagoths, the 13th tribe of the Empire. The Varagoths were supposedly a lost tribe of Sigmar's time that had migrated south out of the Empire (or had been exiled - the sources were maddeningly unclear) despite their chief being the nephew (or cousin - again the sources were vague) of Sigmar himself. Conventional scholarship held that the Varagoths had never existed in the first place and had been invented by the early Emperor Theodahad to give illustrious origins to one of his mistresses who was not so illustrious in reality.

    Adelbert disagreed. He was certain that not only had the Varagoths existed they had left evidence and descendants in the people of the Broken Reaches. He'd find that evidence, rewrite established history and gain the acclaim of the finer minds of the Empire that should have been his to begin with.

    When he had started this journey he had jealously guarded his notebook in case any of them might steal his ideas and publish them first. Sure several looked the very definition of yokeldom but still... Glancing around he cleared his throat before asking: "Have any of you been to Nuln my friends?"

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sodalite's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Two steps beyond Sense
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Wolfgang

    "Nay" said the red-faced man, green eyes subtly darting back and forth, jittered by the bumb in the road. "Though I've heard a little of the place."

    The man was shorter than Adelbert, and younger by small margin. He had taken a brief look at the star, but had not held that gaze. His mind was still set on the events in the past days of his life, his escape from his former home, former life, former business. Burglary had payed well for a while, but that was likely over now. What would he do now, with these strangers he'd stumbled upon? What could he do in where they were going? Puzzled, he put his own question, "What're all of you planning on doing when we come to our destination?"
    A gracious thanks to Bradakhan for the avatar, and Time Walk's card artist, Amy Weber.

    k: ar k ar a rkar k ar k r a kr k a rk r kar k rar kr !

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    C.J.Geringer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    a sturdy youngish, 5' 4" Ash Blonde, Blue eyed man, smiles unselfconsciously showing his snaggle teeth.

    Says to the scribe who had hired him as a local guide and helper:

    Can´t say that I have, do they have a lot of charcoal burners there?

    And why a bad omen? I rather like red myself. The star was a pretty color.

    Besides I doubt something as grand as the skies would have anything to do with someone as insignificant as myself.

    So boss, where to?
    Last edited by C.J.Geringer; 2013-01-14 at 05:51 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheSummoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Sieghard

    It has been a long ride, but Sieghard had been content to ride in silence. Memories of that last disastrous battle still filled his head and he had little desire to talk. The fact was his commander had chosen their latest job poorly and they had all paid the price. Sieghard should've considered himself lucky to be alive - very few of the men he had fought beside for the last few years could boast the same - but the battle still haunted him.

    "You lot would be wise to keep your voices down. You can never be sure what might overhear you. Greenskins, beasts, or worse. I'm sure any number of things might see this wagon and decide we'd make a good meal."

    He didn't believe a word of it of course - if anything was skulking nearby, there would've been some sigh of it by now - but with a bit of luck that would bring an end to the talking.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Adelbert Schreiber


    "I meant the ink splash Brand," Adelbert informed the charcoal bearer and was about to elaborate the theory and superstitions of shooting stars as outlined by the ancient Reman philosopher Mendax (and translated into Reikspiel by one Adelbert Schreiber) but looking at his guide's face thought better of it. Out here they might not have heard of Mendax, or Remas for that matter. "I am sure our driver knows the way at any rate."

    He stroked his goatee beard uncertainly, wondering how much to reveal of his studies to Wolfgang in case he was a spy from Nuln. A very well disguised spy. After a moment he shrugged. "There are always jobs for men of letters and I believe one of the local princes could find use for mt talents." He was going to speak further when Sieghard delivered his warning.

    "Greenskins?" he repeated, suddenly looking a little pale. He shot the mercenary a nervous glance then looked out at the landscape passing by. Maybe it was wiser to keep quiet he thought as he clutched his notebook tightly to his chest like a Sigmarite talisman.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-01-15 at 03:08 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    The wagon went over a rock with a jolt, and a deeper shadow passed over its passengers. The first of the tall elms that had crept up to the roadside was shading them from the moonlight. They were cutting through the outermost reach of the forest: up ahead, the road had trees on both sides, undergrowth spilling out over its poorly-kept edges. Karl hitched his lantern a little higher.

    Turning a bend around the hollow spike of a dead tree, they came to a sudden halt. About twenty yards ahead, there was another figure on the road. A solitary man was leading a horse by the reins, a lighted torch in his free hand. He turned at the sound of their approach, and looked back at them. He looked to be wearing mail, covered by a tabard with some kind of insignia – in the flickering torchlight, it was difficult to discern. At his belt, Sieghard immediately noticed a sword.

    The man noticed them as quickly as they'd noticed him. Turning back, he dropped his torch to the ground, his hand going to the hilt of his sword.

    “Hey!” he called out in locally-accented Reikspiel. “Are you the ones who've been following me?”

    With his eyes on the wagon, he couldn't see the six horned, bestial shapes that were emerging from the shadows on the right-hand side of the road behind him...

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Schrieber - (1d10+40)[48]
    Sieghard - (1d10+37)[44]
    Wolfgang - (1d10+36)[46]
    Brand - (1d10+33)[35]

    Karl - (1d10+40)[49]

    Stranger - (1d10+36)[44]

    Beastmen - (1d10+35)[43]

    So the order is

    Karl
    Adelbert
    Wolfgang
    Sieghard
    Stranger
    Brand
    Beastmen

    We are now in combat time. If you want to do anything, please make sure you let me know what it is in terms of combat actions. Remember, you don't need to 'wait your turn' to post your actions for this round.

    At a glance, you can see that the nearest beastmen look to be wielding axes, but that's about all you can tell in this light and at this distance. You are twenty yards away from the stranger and his horse; the beastmen are emerging from the woods at the side of the road a few yards behind him. A combat map will follow this evening (JST).

    Please roll a Perception check along with your actions.
    Last edited by LCP; 2013-01-15 at 08:58 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

    WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

    Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

    WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheSummoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Sieghard calls to the man in the distance

    "Get to the cart! Hurry if you want to live!"

    He readies his crossbow and fires a shot at the nearest beastial shadow. The light is too low for him to be sure exactly what it is, but the horns are enough to tell him it isn't anything friendly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception test - (1d100)[73]
    (Int: 36)

    Actions
    Ready Crossbow - Free Action (Quick Draw)
    Load Crossbow - Half Action (Rapid Reload)
    Attack - Half Action

    Roll to hit - (1d100)[79]
    (BS: 39)

    And if I do hit, heres my damage before (before toughness and armor)
    Roll for damage - (1d10+4)[5]

    Still new to this, so let me know if I did anything wrong.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2013-01-15 at 09:48 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    "Look out, there are beastmen behind you!" Adelbert cries out. The scribe looks very pale in the light of the moons but reaching into his backpack he pulls forth an old sword and half leaps/half falls out of the cart. Weapon shaking in his hand he moves forward, trying to use the horses as cover from the hideous goat headed creatures.

    "Sigmar protect, Sigmar protect me, oh gods don't let me die," the scribe muttered to himself trying to keep his nerves under control.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception test: (1d100)[19]

    If applicable Adelbert has Acute Hearing (+20 to Perception tests involving listening).

    Actions:
    Draw weapon (Half Action)
    Move four squares forward (Half Action)

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    C.J.Geringer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Brand, seeing that the scribe not only has decided to get himself killed but got a head start.

    Jumps to the front of the wagon and bellows as loud as he can, trying to scare both the horses and the driver to follow his hastily composed half-baked plan:

    "BULL RUSH THE HORSES INTO THE BEASTMEN! IF WE TRY TO RUN THEY WILL JUST GET US"!

    OOC

    Spoiler
    Show
    If possible I also draw my axe
    Last edited by C.J.Geringer; 2013-01-16 at 07:55 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sodalite's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Two steps beyond Sense
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    "And no, we're not following you!" Wolfgang says as he scrambles to pick up the axe he had brought with him, and then to get off the wagon. Once off, he puts his back the side of the wagon opposite the beastmen, and tries to make himself as small as possible.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: (1d100)[47]
    Intelligence is 40.
    A gracious thanks to Bradakhan for the avatar, and Time Walk's card artist, Amy Weber.

    k: ar k ar a rkar k ar k r a kr k a rk r kar k rar kr !

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    The man in the middle of the road made to duck as Sieghard's crossbow swung up to aim - it was only when Adelbert's shouting joined the mercenary's that he realised the weapon was not aimed at him.

    The crossbow bolt went wide, burying itself instead in the trunk of a tree. Turning to follow its path, the stranger gave vent to a colourful curse as he saw the gruesome band that had been creeping up behind him. Pulling his sword from its scabbard, he backed away, raising the weapon hastily in defence.

    Howling sudden war-cries, three of the beastmen came charging after him. The one in the lead swung a clumsy felling axe in both hands, while the other two carried smaller hatchets. They set upon their victim in a wild frenzy of blows, axes swinging. The man knew how to fight, however - he ducked back out of the frenetic whirl of blades, letting them expend their energy against empty air. It bought him a moment of respite, and little more.

    Sieghard's shot had got the other beasts' attention. Grunting to each other, they were spreading out to either side of the road, using the trees for cover. One didn't quite reach the treeline on the other side, standing in the middle of the track and shaking its heavy axe at the newcomers as if attempting to scare them away.

    Brand's nervous shout was the only reply it got. Putting their heads down, the mules started forwards, throwing Sieghard off-balance for a moment as the wheels jolted back into motion. Already unattended, the stranger's horse whinnied and bolted, racing past the encircling beasts and galloping away down the road.

    Karl had produced an alarmingly large crossbow from inside the rolled-up blanket behind the driver's seat, and was in the process of loading it when Brand came scrambling forwards. Almost throwing the weapon down, he grabbed hold of the reins and hauled hard, slewing the cart in a tight quarter-turn as the mules came to a halt. Turning to look at the charcoal-burner from under the wide brim of his hat, he narrowed his eyes.

    "You tryin' to wreck my cart?"

    Picking up the crossbow again, he looked around for a beastman to sight on.

    "You'd best not be tryin' to wreck my cart," he muttered, softly.

    Adelbert
    Spoiler
    Show
    Advancing on the fight that had erupted in the middle of the road, Adelbert couldn't help but feel there was something funny about these beastmen. The flickering light of the fallen torch lent them a frightening quality, but their movements were clumsy, their horned heads curiously expressionless. When they cried out, their voices seemed muffled.

    One of them raced past the fallen torch, and he noticed something else. These beastmen were wearing boots...
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

    WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

    Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

    WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheSummoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Sieghard swears as his first bolt misses.

    "No, DON'T rush the damn beastmen! You'll just get the cart stuck in the trees with them and Sigmar knows what else!"

    He readies his next shot.

    "Get him to the cart and get it moving once he's in!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, so round 2 now, right?

    Not sure if you want us to keep rolling perception tests until we pass one, but if you do, here's my second attempt.

    Perception test - (1d100)[9]
    (Int: 36)

    And for actions...

    Actions
    Load Crossbow - Half Action (Rapid Reload)
    Attack - Half Action

    Roll to hit - (1d100)[4]
    (BS: 39)

    And again, if I do manage to hit, here's base damage
    Roll for damage - (1d10+4)[13]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Adelbert Schreiber

    Adelbert had been left gaping in surprise as the cart had suddenly swerved leaving him out in the open. He didn't stay gaping for long as sometime caught his attention and the scribe gave a disbelieving laugh.

    "Ranald's own luck!" he cried out. "Those are men, not beasts! See they wear boots and masks! We're facing men!"

    Filled with a sudden burst of courage that their foes were not the inhumanly strong minions of the Ruinous Powers the scribe charged, swinging his sword wildly in attempt to rescue the stranger.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert makes a Charge Attack on the 'Beastman' directly ahead of him (the one currently out of combat a couple of squares north east of the stranger.)

    Roll to Hit
    (1d100)[19]

    Adelbert has +10 WS bonus for charging.

    Damage (if he hits!)
    (1d10+3)[7]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    C.J.Geringer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    The flustered Barnd draws his hatchet and advances towards the "beastmen"

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sodalite's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Two steps beyond Sense
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Wolfgang

    "Men, in boots and masks you say?! Wolfgang exclames upon hearing Adelbert. Charged with a bravery similar but lesser than his, Wolfgang moves towards the nearest masked man he can see, carrying his axe ready to strike.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Move towards nearest enemy.
    Half Action: Ready axe.
    A gracious thanks to Bradakhan for the avatar, and Time Walk's card artist, Amy Weber.

    k: ar k ar a rkar k ar k r a kr k a rk r kar k rar kr !

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    "Ranald's own luck!" he cried out. "Those are men, not beasts! See they wear boots and masks! We're facing men!"
    “What? No we ain't!” came a muffled voice in reply. A different voice – just as muffled - called out: “Shut up Hans!”

    Squinting through the dark, Sieghard could see by the dying light of the stranger's torch that the scribe was right. These beastmen did wear boots, on the ends of suspiciously plantigrade legs. When they roared and shouted, their mouths didn't seem to move, and what could be seen of their shaggy faces in the flickering firelight could easily have been crude masks. He shot the nearest one in the left shoulder, and the cry of pain he heard sounded satisfyingly human.

    Seeing Brand and Wolfgang closing on him from the right of the cart, the injured ambusher turned and fled stumbling into the trees, one hand clutching at the crossbow-fletchings protruding from his shoulder. On the other side of the road, Adelbert exulted as his own wild swing found its mark, cutting a shallow wound into his target's hip. The masked brute cursed and stumbled back, raising his dull axe in a defensive stance – and another one slammed into the scribe from the side, burying a short hatchet in the top of Adelbert's leg.

    In the centre of the road, the man who had lost his horse was still fighting, his sword flicking out with impressive speed. His three assailants had him on the back foot, however – circling out of reach, they lunged in as one, two of them occupying the speeding blade while a third dealt him a blow from the side. The short axe sliced a shallow gash in the man's thigh. Nothing fatal, but when it was already three against one, every disadvantage would tell.

    Laying his crossbow down as the man Sieghard had shot fled into the woods, Karl the carter calmly took the reins in both hands again, pulling his mules around to straighten out the cart. He clearly had no intention of turning back. Not for the first time, Sieghard noticed the stocky falchion at the wagon-driver's belt and wondered what kind of skills it took to be a successful coachman in these parts.
    Last edited by LCP; 2013-01-16 at 09:42 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

    WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

    Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

    WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Adelbert Schreiber

    Adelbert's shock that he had successfully wounded the 'beastman' was matched only by his horror as he was wounded in turn. The scribe felt a rush of white hot agony in his leg, which nearly went out from under him then and there. As it was he kept on his feet - just - stumbling to keep his sword level as he desperately looked for his companions.

    Who were nowhere near him. He was alone facing two opponents who mind be mortal men but knew what to do with their axes. Adelbert was beginning to feel he had made a very serious mistake.

    "Gods help me," he said to himself, swinging his sword.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Adelbert makes a Standard Attack on the uninjured 'beastman' who hit him last round (Half Action).

    Roll to Hit:
    [roll0]

    Damage (if he hits!):
    [roll1]

    He thens assumes a Parrying Stance (Half Action.)

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Sorry, messed up the dice there somehow. Here are the rolls again:

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Adelbert makes a Standard Attack on the uninjured 'beastman' who hit him last round (Half Action).

    Roll to Hit:
    (1d100)[27]

    Damage (if he hits!):
    (1d10+3)[7]

    He thens assumes a Parrying Stance (Half Action.)

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheSummoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    (Edit: Did you preview your post? That might've been what caused it. If you want to preview, copy the text beforehand and paste it over whats in the textbox after previewing but before submitting)

    Sieghard laughs

    "The scribe is right, they're nothing more than a pack of bandits dressed like beasts! Run while you can, ya bastards! Do it quick and ya might just live another day!"

    He draws his sword and charges.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard is going to try to intimidate them. He doesn't have the skill, but it's a basic one so he can try it at a penalty. One of them is already running so I figure it's worth trying to make one of the others break.

    Intimidate - (1d100)[94]
    (S: 41. Half of that because of the penalty = 21

    Ok, so all of them are either in melee or really far away so the crossbow won't be as useful. If he's still standing (and hasn't fled. *cross fingers for intimidate*) when my turn comes, I'm charging the one who already took a wound from Adelbert. (Jumping out south of the cart, running east until I have a direct diagonal line and then rushing him). If that one is already down (or running), I'll help the stranger.

    Actions
    Ready Sword - Free Action (Quick Draw)
    Charge Attack - Full Action

    Roll to hit - (1d100)[3]
    (WS: 31. +10 because Charging = 41)

    And if I hit...

    Roll for damage - (1d10+4)[13]
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2013-01-16 at 10:27 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    C.J.Geringer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Brand charges the "beastman" in the square above Adelbert.

    to hit (1d100)[42]

    Damage if sucessfull (1d10+3)[13]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sodalite's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Two steps beyond Sense
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Wolfgang

    Now doubly charged by the masked bandit fleeing, charges at one of the ones who are attacking the stranger, axe held over head, ready to cleave downwards.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Action: Charge Attack
    Attack roll: (1d100)[48]
    WS 41, 51 including charge attack bonus.

    If it hits, Damage roll: (1d10+2)[12]
    A gracious thanks to Bradakhan for the avatar, and Time Walk's card artist, Amy Weber.

    k: ar k ar a rkar k ar k r a kr k a rk r kar k rar kr !

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Wolfgang's blow struck his target in the leg, the man howling out as the axe bit into his thigh. Limping back on his left, he raised his own axe to defend, taking an opportunistic swing at Wolfgang as his attacker got too close. Wolfgang was quick, however, and the axe whistled through empty air.

    In the centre of the battle, the stranger held his ground against two of the men still attacking him, although their attention was no longer quite as concentrated on him. The big brute with the two-hander pressed the assault as vigorously as before, but the man on his right held back a little, all too aware of the presence of Sieghard on his flank. Neither of them could penetrate the wounded man's defence.

    Sieghard's own charge saw his sword-blade meet an axe-haft raised to block, the mercenary striking chips of wood from his opponent's cruder weapon. He had his enemy on the back foot, that much was clear. Next to him, Adelbert swung wildly out again, miraculously managing to land yet another wounding hit – this time on the man who had attacked him from the side. The bandit cursed and lashed out, Adelbert's smallsword managing to deflect the blow more by chance than by skill.

    With a loud cry, Brand came crashing in alongside the scribe, the charcoal-burner swinging his axe madly over his head. Even Adelbert had to duck, but the bandit was just as quick on his feet, darting out of the way of the descending blow. The axe clipped one of the curling goat horns that adorned the man's disguise, and did nothing more than chip off the tip.

    Behind them, Karl was calmly tethering his mules to a tree branch at the side of the road. If the carter was planning on joining the melee, he was taking his time...
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

    WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

    Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

    WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Adelbert Schreiber

    Beads of sweat were beginning to run down Adelbert's forehead. That last strike had come far too close and even with help from Sieghard and Brand he had no certainty he'd survive the next few minutes.

    Mentally praying on every god he could think of from Taal to Verena he lashed out again at his original foe.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert makes a Standard Attack on the 'beastman' he originally charged.

    Roll to Hit:
    (1d100)[17]

    Damage (if he hits!):
    (1d10+3)[9]

    He thens assumes a Parrying Stance (Half Action.)

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheSummoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Though the bandit managed to block his last swing, it was clear to Sieghard that he had the man outmatched. These were novices. Men who took advantage of the fear and confusion their disguises offered but weren't much threat in a straight fight. The stranger had the look of a man who knew battle... So long as his companions could hold out, these bandits would offer little risk.

    Sieghard grabbed the shield from his back and pressed the attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions]
    Ready Shield (Left Hand) - Free Action (Quick Draw)
    Swift Attack - Full Action

    If the wounded one to Sieghard's north-east is in any state to attack next turn, attack him first. If he's dead, running, stunned, disarmed, or anything that would prevent him from attacking next round, aim for the guy to Sieghard's south-east. Per-attack of course.

    First Attack
    Roll to Hit - (1d100)[85]
    Roll for Damage - (1d10+4)[8]

    Second Attack
    Roll to Hit - (1d100)[63]
    Roll for Damage - (1d10+4)[5]

    (And again, WS is 31)

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sodalite's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Two steps beyond Sense
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Wolfgang

    With his adrenaline rush faltering, Wolfgang swings with axe again, weaker. After the bandits reciprocal swing, he shifts his grip, so as to be able to counter the imminent attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Standard Attack
    Attack Roll: (1d100)[45] with WS 41.
    If it hits, and the enemy parry fails, damage roll: (1d10+2)[9]

    Half Action: Enter Parrying Stance.
    A gracious thanks to Bradakhan for the avatar, and Time Walk's card artist, Amy Weber.

    k: ar k ar a rkar k ar k r a kr k a rk r kar k rar kr !

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    C.J.Geringer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Seeing his forcefull attack miss, Brand adopts a more careful tatic.

    He attacks and assumes a parrying stance

    To hit
    (1d100)[17]

    Dmg (1d10+3)[7]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Brand's axe found its mark, striking the masked man a glancing blow across the ribs. Grunting in pain, the bandit made to hit back. Brand raised his weapon to block – but the blow was a feint, drawing his guard high before striking low at his unprotected belly. A last-minute twist of his torso saved him from disembowelment – instead, all he received was a deep, stinging gash in his side.

    The other bandit engaged with Brand and Adelbert was backing up, trying to extricate himself from the reach of Sieghard's flashing sword. He learned to his cost that this hadn't put him out of reach of Adelbert's. The scribe's blade - now noticeably bloody - hacked into his chest, almost knocking him to the ground.

    In the centre of the road, things seemed to be going poorly for the attackers. The stranger had gained the upper hand over the two men attacking him, pushing in close to slash at the arms of the man with the double-handed axe. The man roared and stumbled back, blood dripping from two long cuts. Wolfgang's opponent was faring no better, struggling to land a blow on his wiry attacker.

    Back by the side of the road, Karl appeared from around the tree behind the two men fighting Adelbert and Brand. The little coachman was quiet as the grave. They barely had time to register his presence before his short blade was flashing out, a short, stabbing blow at kidney-height. Reacting with remarkable speed, the bandit jumped back from the blow: the weapon's point missed him by inches.
    Last edited by LCP; 2013-01-18 at 06:20 AM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

    WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

    Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

    WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Adelbert Schreiber

    Adelbert was no warrior (his current performance in the battle notwithstanding) but he was beginning to feel that the tide was turning. Karl had entered the battle now and one of the bandits seemed as if he was about to make a break for it. His sword now slick with blood the scribe made a determined, if still wild attack on the would be retreater.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Adelbert makes an All Out Attack on Bandit#4 (Full Action).

    Roll to Hit:
    (1d100)[94]

    Damage (if he hits!):
    (1d10+3)[11]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    C.J.Geringer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

    Brand tries to ignore his wounds and remain calm.

    Attack and parrying stance.

    To hit(1d100)[59]

    dmg (1d10+3)[5]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •