New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: (PF) Hollow's Last Hope IC thread - party 2

"Well I'm not sure if I can do anything to help treat the disease, I've never heard of anything by that name; but many diseases are called different things in different regional dialects. Perhaps I could talk to the herbalist, if you could point the way." He, no doubt, had not heard of the disease, but several times, as he traveled with the caravan had been able to treat different injuries and maladies, as if it were second nature to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if it would be heal or Knowledge (Nature) to determine if I know anything about the Blackscour Taint, but here goes:

(1d20+2)[16] (this is for Knowledge (nature), if it's heal, add 5 to the roll); The divine inspiration is just fluff, on how I describe he has a Heal bonus, because, well Sarenrae.
    Last edited by KobaldMinion#32; 2013-01-19 at 06:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forcing down his laughter at the look on everybody's face, mostly because he's probably the only person in line that hasn't drank from Brookman's Well in the past several weeks.

"No Bartley I haven't been drinking from Brookman's Well. I spend so much time in the forest I don't have much reason to use it. Interesting that she's the one that figured out what was causing. I wonder how she figured it out since Blackscour fungus doesn't grow around here. I'll have to make sure to ask her once I get inside. Thanks for the information Bartley."
    "“If I need you I'll give you a signal.'
    What signal?"
    I'll imitate the scream of a terrified little girl”
    Jim Butcher
    Jim Butcher Quotes

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Saris' Knowledge check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recall that blackscour is a tiny mushroom that grows near water. Hard and bitter-tasting, it has sharp gills that make it difficult to harvest. Those who eat the fungus or who drink water contaminated by it often find, to their horror, that blackscour also grows readily within their bodies. Such unfortunates do not usually survive - when they attempt to cough up the fungus, the sharp edges of the blackscour cuts up their innards, causing internal bleeding.

Blackscour has no known medicinal or culinary properties. You have never heard of it growing in the Darkmoon Vale region before.

Lavin and Saris:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Sheriff gives a wry smile that has no mirth in it. "Miss Laurel can be found at her shop. S'called Roots and Remedies. Just turn and head northward up the road. You'll know it when you see the store with the long queue outside."

Zarik:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No problem, Mister Olmwith. We all gotta look out for each other now." Bartley nods sagely, undisguised relief on his face. "I'm just thanking the Gods that Miss Laurel knows what she's doing. She's right smart, even though she never got no proper medical training. Not like that dumb cleric down at the temple. All fancy armour and prideful ways, and she hasn't cured nobody yet!"
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death