New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Completely Dysfunctional Handbook [3.5]

Pages 46-49 next

Monster<<Dragons||Hoards are too small for them to sleep on||5||46||3.5>>
    Combat<<Grappling||Very low strenght characters become more mobile when pinned||5||46||3.PF>>
    Combat<<Reach/Throw||Colossal character have greater reach than their thrown weapon range||5||46||3.5>>
    Spell<<Memory of Function||Mends things, temporarily||5||46||3.PF>>
    Manouvre<<Island of Blades||Unusable by tiny or smaller sized characters||5||46||3.5>>

PrC<<Order of the cockatrice cavalier||Challenge ability only works on self||5||47||3.PF>>
    Misc<<Candle||Can hide in candlelight, even in daylight||5||47||3.5>>
    Item<<Various Kits||Inconsistencies between UE and AGC kits||5||47||3.PF>>
    Spell<<Mind Blank||Blocks True Seeing ? Various interpretations||5||47||3.5>>
    Misc<<Sickened||Doesn't stack with itself||5||47||3.5,3.PF>>
    Misc<<Rot Grub Swarm infestation||Disease gains victim's energy resistance||5||47||3.PF>>

Item<<Physician's Spectacles||Give constant effect detect poison and diagnose disease, which are instantaneous effects||5||48||3.PF>>
    PrC<<Anima Mage||Gets Metamagic vestige with no listed uses, until the next level||5||48||3.5>>
    Item<<Crucifixion Cross||Takes 10 hours to kill you, regardless||5||48||3.5>>
    Spell<<Sanctify the Wicked||Changes target's alignement in the Law/Chaos plane, but also doesn't||5||48||3.5>>
    template<<Sanctified||Changes target's alignement in the Law/Chaos plane, but also doesn't||5||48||3.5>>
    PrC<<Spelldancer||Can enhance spells from the School of Invocation||5||48||3.5>>

Spell<<Lava Splash||Deals 1d4 points of fire damage per level, max 15d6||5||49||3.5>>
    Spell<<Heat metal, Chill metal||Unattended objects get no save, but it only targets attended objects||5||49||3.5,3.PF>>
    Spell<<Heat metal, Chill metal||Unattended objects have no size limitation||5||49||3.5,3.PF>>
    Spell<<Heat metal, Chill metal||Extend spell would cause weird effects||5||49||3.5,3.PF>>

#1401 I'm not sure that this one is actually a dysfunction — just overpowered.
    Spell<<Diagnose Disease||Spell is overpowered||5||47||3.PF>>

I'll pick up page 50 when the threads done and then update the tables
    Last edited by nedz; 2014-09-12 at 10:10 AM.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Pages 50-51 now

Spell<<Revive undead||Targets have to be willing||5||50||3.5>>
    ACF<<Favored of the Fiends||Does not require evil alignment; yet it gives you evil claws||5||50||3.5>>
    PrC<<Pyrokineticist's Nimbus ability, sets you on fire and increases your Charisma||5||50||3.5>>
    Feat<<Extra Panache||Increases Panache indefinately||5||50||3.5>>
    Monster<<Inferno Spider||Does fire damage to characters who hit it with missile weapons||5||50||3.5>>
    archetype<<Brawler-Exemplar ||Grants Teamwork feats gained from Martial Flexibility. Martial Flexibility can't grant Teamwork feats||5||50||3.PF>>
    Feat<<Improved Familiar||Grants a template which gives CR based SR to Familiars, who don't have CR||5||50||3.PF>>
    Feat<<Celestial Servant||Grants a template which gives CR based SR to Animal companions, who don't have CR||5||50||3.PF>>
    Template<<Entropic Creature||Can be applied to inappropriate creatures||5||50||3.5>>
    Template<<Vivacious Creature|Can be applied to inappropriate creatures||5||50||3.5>>
    Template<<Bloodhulk||Does not care about base body||5||50||3.5>>
    Class<<Monk||Unarmed attacks being considered manufactured lead to various strangeness||5||51||3.5,3.PF>>
    Spell<<Memorize Page||Page is undefined||5||51||3.PF>>
    Spell<<Modify Memory||Can remove a Page of information, but is defined by time||5||51||3.PF>>
    Template<<Bhaalspawn||PCs get fewer benefits than NPCs||5||50-51||3.5>>
    Spell<<Cry of Ysgard||Summons 2d4 Bariaur defenders, but controls at most 4||5||51||3.5>>
    Feat<<Truename Training||Weird interaction with Able Learner||5||51||3.5>>
    Last edited by nedz; 2014-09-21 at 04:45 PM.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Warped Druid Handbook

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

I'm in the process of updating the Handbook, but I have a couple I don't understand

Blood Moon sign — anyone know what this is please ? Is it a class feature, a feat or ... ?
    ???<<Blood Moon sign||Raging makes you comatose||5||38||3.5>>

Which class does this apply to ?
    ACF<<Favored of the Fiends||Does not require evil alignment; yet it gives you evil claws||5||50||3.5>>
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Favored of the Fiends is an alternative class feature of Favored Soul.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Blood Moon sign is a sign that an Elder Evil, the dread Hulks of Zoretha, stir once more.

That is to say, it's a thing from the book Elder Evils, and probably doesn't get sorted more cleanly than 'sign of an apocalypse.' It's sort of like mystical weather.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

In BoVD, there is a race that is just like humans, only they get a bonus vile feat at first level. Humans can also choose to get a bonus vile feat at first level. This race is a direct downgrade to humans.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Threads made due to my misreading of a rule: 2

One of my favorite hobbies is criticizing popular members and moderators for anything they do wrong. So nothing personal.

I know I promised to stat a lot of things, but my life got busy and, well, my life got busy. I'm not very active on the forum for now, but I will be fulfilling my promises later.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    In BoVD, there is a race that is just like humans, only they get a bonus vile feat at first level. Humans can also choose to get a bonus vile feat at first level. This race is a direct downgrade to humans.
    Wrong thread, friend. This is just a compilation thread. You'll want this thread, the current version where we post dysfunction.
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks guys, Handbook should now be up to date.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Factotum's Cunning Strike does not specify a duration. RAW, the sneak attack die lasts forever.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Again, wrong thread.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

These two seem to have been missed

PrC|Pure Legion Enforcer|Made to stamp out divine casting. Gets divine SLAs|5|25|PF
    PrC|Pure Legion Enforcer|Gets bonus to determine if a spell is divine, but there's no check to tell if a spell is arcane or divine to apply it to|5|25|PF

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks — tables updated.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

OK — time to catch up with Thread 6.
    I'll grab pages 1-5

Feat<<Truename Training||Less useful if you already took Able Learner||6||1||3.5>>
    Monster<<Stench ability||Effects you even if you can't smell||6||1||3.5>>
    Spell<<Polymorph||Weird interaction with Shapechangers changing back||6||1||3.5>>
    Monster<<Undead mount||Have special riding rules which match the standard undead control rules||6||1||3.5>>
    Spell<<Toothed Tentacle||Requires the Swift Concentration skill trick if you want the spell to work||6||1||3.5>>
    PrC<<Beloved of Valarian||Many Beloved of Valarians cannot ride their own unicorn||6||1||3.5>>
    PrC<<Wild Mages||Can cast spells with a CL of 0 or less||6||1||3.5>>
    Monster<<Sunfly Swarm||Has two SLAs: Detect evil and Detect evil||6||1||3.5>>
    Race<<Subtypes||Can have the same sub-type twice||6||2||3.5>>
    Feat<<Obscure Personal Truename||Makes it harder to speak your own truename||6||2||3.5>>
    Class<<Healer||Many Healers cannot ride their own unicorn||6||2||3.5>>
    Combat<<Charging||Double damage depends upon being mounted not upon speed||6||2-3||3.5>>
    Monster<<Tarrasque||A no-save-just-die will work on the Tarrasque||6||4||3.5>>
    Class<<Cleric|with the Artifice and Rune domains get Instant Summons, but can't use it||6||4||3.PF>>
    Utterance<<Incarnation of Angels||Grants [Extraplanar] type, which means that they can be banished — but to where ?||6||4||3.5>>
    Class<<Maho-tsukai||Maho metamagic assumes all metamagic feats change a spell's level||6||4||3.5>>
    Feat<<Up The Walls||Requires you to end your turn on a horizontal surface, or you fall||6||5||3.5>>
    Spell<<Shatter||Doesn't define what happens to Objects, when targeted directly||6||5||3.5>>
    Last edited by nedz; 2015-01-18 at 08:21 AM.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

So, are existing entries in the handbook still open to discussion?

I'm asking because I came across the entry for "Brawler-Exemplar", which reads "Grants Teamwork feats gained from Martial Flexibility. Martial Flexibility can't grant Teamwork feats". This is actually not the case: while Martial Flex gives combat feats, there are numerous feats which count as both combat and as teamwork at the same time. So yes, Martial Flex can grant teamwork feats.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    So, are existing entries in the handbook still open to discussion?

I'm asking because I came across the entry for "Brawler-Exemplar", which reads "Grants Teamwork feats gained from Martial Flexibility. Martial Flexibility can't grant Teamwork feats". This is actually not the case: while Martial Flex gives combat feats, there are numerous feats which count as both combat and as teamwork at the same time. So yes, Martial Flex can grant teamwork feats.
    Absolutely: if an error has been made — however if you are arguing about the original definition then it should go in the current main thread. The original post was here.

Ed:
    if the error is in the handbook description then I will pick that up in the next update; speaking of which I'm going to grab pages 6-10 next.

Misc<<Ability scores||Negative adjustments to ability scores: are they Penalties or Decreases ?||6||6||3.PF>>
    Feats<<Weapon groups||Do not contain any Nets||6||6||3.5>>
    Spells<<Research||Cantrips can be researched instantly||6||6||3.PF>>
    Spells<<Research||Research rules grant Sorcerers infinite Spells Known||6||6||3.PF>>
    Template<<Ravenous(Undead)||Skeletons and Fossils can eat||6||6||3.5(Dr#319)>>
    Template<<Fleshvigor(Undead)||Rainment can eat||6||6||3.5(Dr#315)>>
    Spell<<Undeath after Death||Causes application of Crypt spawn template, which is undefined||6||6||3.5>>
    Monster<<Black Dragonspawn||Acid breath does Fire damage||6||6||3.5>>
    Spell<<Shatter||Doesn't define what happens to certain Objects, when targeted directly||6||5-6||3.5>>
    PrCs<<various||Caster Level, Spellcaster Level and Spellcasting Class undefined (Except see Yathrinshee*)||6||7(10*)||3.5>>
    Spell<<Ability Rip||Can turn a creature to wight||6||7||3.5>>
    Spell<<Aboleth Curse||Undefined material component||6||7||3.5>>
    Misc<<Wights||Negative levels applied to an animal produces a Wight, which is not a template||6||7||3.5>>
    PrCs<<Arcane Hierophant||Companion Familiar requires you to dismiss your familiar; but only temporarily||6||8||3.5>>
    Spell<<Burial Blessing||[Good] but can be used by Evil clerics||6||8||3.0>>
    Spell<<Create Chosen One||Sorcerer 5, Wizard 5; but only evil Wizards can cast this spell||6||8||3.5>>
    Spell<<Marked Object||Ranger spell, but they can't use it||6||8||3.5>>
    PrCs<<Warforged Juggernaut||Expert Bull Rush can break down doors, but not walls; no matter what they are made of||6||9||3.5>>
    Trait<<Muscle of society||+2 to break down doors, but not walls; no matter what they are made of||6||9||3.PF>>
    old Misc<<Fire||Can't burn lumber||6||9||3.5>>
    Equipment<<Disguise kit is "exhausted" after 10 uses, not used up||6||10||3.5>>
    PrCs<<Fiend of blasphemy||Sponsor cultist ability has no mechanical effect*||6||10||3.5>>
    Spell<<Animate with the Spirit||Undefined effects realting to innate abilities||6||10||3.5>>
    Spell<<Planar Familiar||Cleric spell which works on a class-feature companion, which Clerics don't have||6||10||3.5>>
    Equipment<<Epic items||Don't contain any alignment components||6||10||3.5>>

ERROR Previous Necropolitan entry should say positive energy and not curing spells 6||6
    Last edited by nedz; 2015-01-18 at 04:10 PM.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    OK — I'm going to do the compositing now.

I'm going to change
    Combat|TWF|Undefined for most ranged weapons, including slings|4|49|3.PF
    to
    Combat|TWF|Undefined for most ranged weapons|4|49|3.PF
    Shout if this is wrong and I'll fix it.
    On the note of errors in the handbook, this error is still there. Slings are still one of the handful of defined ranged weapons.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

You know what would really help? If you turned the thread number and page number (in the list on the first page) into a hyperlink instead. That would make it much easier for people to go from this index to the discussion about a particular dysfunction. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes with a search/replace function to do this.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    On the note of errors in the handbook, this error is still there. Slings are still one of the handful of defined ranged weapons.
    Oops — It will be fixed in the next update, I've just edited the .txt file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    You know what would really help? If you turned the thread number and page number (in the list on the first page) into a hyperlink instead. That would make it much easier for people to go from this index to the discussion about a particular dysfunction. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes with a search/replace function to do this.
    That's a good idea — unfortunately
    • It would break the size limits on the pages.
    • Since there are 270+ pages: that's a lot of edits
    • Some references cover multiple pages
    • It's a lot of work for future references
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

[*]Since there are 270+ pages: that's a lot of edits[*]Some references cover multiple pages
    You could link to the first page that covers it, just as most of the list does now.

It's only six edits actually. That's because all pages of a thread have a similar URL, e.g. www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?372964/page22 - that means that if you search/replace ||6|| (as in "thread 6") by "www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?372964/page", then something like ||6||15 (as in "thread 6 page 15") will automatically become www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?372964/page15 and so forth.

Note that even though the default URL for a thread is something like "372964-Dysfunctional-Rules-VI-Magic-Circle-Against-Errata", you actually only need the numerical part for it to work. HTH!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Well the actual format for the table entries is
    [tr][td]Bleakborn(LM)[/td][td]Cannot be destroyed with HP damage[/td][td]2[/td][td]24[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    the << || >> are just symbols I already edit.

So, specifying the match string is non-trivial.

Also, the space problems are non-trivial.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

21. - Top - End - #201
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Feat|Craft Wand|Wand of Identify requires crafter to drink 50 glasses of wine in 1 day|2|1
    Snip...

This is not a bug, its a feature

22. - Top - End - #202

Beholder

So... Is this thread still being updated? Or do we wait until the thread is done?
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar (not currently in use) by Gurgleflep 15370262 328.
    How to play a monster.

I am currently Very Busy, and having limited D&D activity, so I am currently inactive.
    I got a long signature!
    DFTBA! Smilies!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

It's updated whenever a kind soul takes enough time to compile dysfunctions from the threads (which as you can see is not super often).
    Awards

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Viscount View Post
    It's updated whenever a kind soul takes enough time to compile dysfunctions from the threads (which as you can see is not super often).
    I did a few pages one time- the hardest part is figuring out how to describe often complex problems in less than a sentence in a way that still makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not called common because the sense is common, it's called common because it's about common things.
    Homebrew Extended Signature!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So... Is this thread still being updated? Or do we wait until the thread is done?
    This thread is still being updated — it's just that I've been Ill and also out of the country. Also: it is meant to be crowd sourced, so don't complain, instead pick up five pages and summarise them.

OK — I'm going to pick up pages 11-15

Combat<<Catapults cannot shoot over walls||No indirect fire rules — LoS only||6||10-11||3.5>>
    Spell<<Expeditious retreat||is better at boosting Jump checks than the jump spell until you hit CL 5||6||11||3.5>>
    Spell<<Expeditious retreat||Boosts Jump more for slower characters||6||11||3.5>>
    class<<Succubus racial class||Summon Balor ill defined||6||11||3.5>>
    Spell<<Sanctified spells||Cannot be cast by non vancian casters, even gods||6||11||3.5>>
    Spell<<Sanctified spells||Can be used by non vancian casters with a scroll, but not via other items||6||11||3.5>>
    Feat<<Corrupt Arcana||Can give access to Sanctified spells||6||11||3.5>>
    Invocation<<Eldritch Glaive||Do you add Strength ? Can you Power Attack ? The rules are unclear||6||11||3.5>>
    Spell<<Winged Watcher||Makes your Int 2, which turns you into an NPC||6||11||3.5>>
    ???<<Intelligence||Min 3 int at chargen, even if you manage to get it lower than that||6||12||3.5>>
    Class<<Cleric||Can spontaneously cast Obscure Object and Secure Corpse because they contain the word cure||6||12||3.5>>
    familiar<<Shocker Lizard has the Electricity sub-type, which doesn't exist||6||12||3.5>>
    Weapons<<Light Flail and Halfspear||Can be found in random loot, but not in the weapon table||6||12-13||3.5>>
    Feat<<Deceptive Illumination||Says class level for a racial ability||6||13||3.5>>
    Weapons<<Ammunition||Various disfunctions||6||13||3.5>>
    Spell<<Feline Distraction||Table poorly defined||6||13||3.5>>
    Template<<Dream Element||Removes Wisdom, so you're an object now||6||14||3.5>>
    Race<<Dvati||Have flank bonus, but cannot flank with themselves||6||14||3.5>>
    archetype<<Twlight Sage||Must prepare at least one necromancy spell of each spell level, but often can't. No defined penalty anyway||6||14||3.PF>>
    Monster<<Devourer||Has lesser planar ally as an SLA, but cannot pay anything it calls, as it has no treasure||6||14||3.5>>
    Skills<<Knowledge||DC's confused by Templates||6||15||3.5>>
    Trait<<Twinned Presence||Size bonus to intimidate from your Eidolon, even if it's out of sight||6||15||3.PF>>

Yari of Air, Bo of Water and Tetsubo of Earth from Oriental Adventures (all 6 feet) and Moon Blade from Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (3 feet) are more examples of the "always #' long, no matter what size the weilder is" dysfunction covered in the last thread.

Octopus issues are covered under aquatics already — the problem is wider than you think.
    Last edited by nedz; 2015-04-02 at 06:25 AM.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Spot It's impossible to see the Sun, moon, stars, etc 1;2 2-5,21;2 3.5
    This actually isn't a dysfunction, but an apparent dysfunction that is fixed by a very obscure rule; namely that light sources can be Spotted at 10/5 times their radius of bright/shadowy illumination (DC 20), or are automatically noticed at half that distance; provided they are respectively brighter than the ambient light. It's a rule that I've only ever seen spelled out very sporadically in obscure books (e.g. p. 73 of Cormyr -The tearing of the weave); but it does plug quite a big hole in the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Ugh. For the record, I hate you. I hate you very much.
    The Voidstone Arsenal

The Redeemery

Feat-buying resource

Magical Plants and Where to Find Them

Floating Disk Utility

Taking 10 resource

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

That fixes the Sun and Moon, but not the stars.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    That fixes the Sun and Moon, but not the stars.
    Isn't starlight considered dim light? I vaguely remember something like that in the rules for low-light vision. That would put us within the illumination radius of the stars.

If we're not within the radius, we're at least within ten times the radius, which lets us see the stars with a DC 20 Spot check. Most people wouldn't have good enough eyesight to Spot every star in the sky, but that's normal and expected.
    Last edited by Troacctid; 2015-04-03 at 02:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Erm, can you re-post the above three posts into the current dysfunctional rules thread please.

Ed:

OK — I'm going to pick up pages 16-20

PrC<<Disciple of the Word||Can make a Truespeak check to bypass DR, but no information about alignment based DR||6||16||3.5>>
    Template<<Non-humanoids can become dragonborn and gain the humanoid type while possibly retaining their original type||6||16||3.5>>
    Item<<Anti-Toxin||Can increases the chance that you will die from poison||6||16||3.5>>
    PrC<<Spherewalker||Can turn into a swarm while casting normally, only they suffer the usual penalties for casting from inside a swarm||6||16||3.PF>>
    Spell<<Cape of Wasps||Has a lot of apparently-unintended drawbacks||6||16||3.PF>>
    Book<<Serpent Kingdoms||Whole book is filled with Dysfunctions||6||16-17||3.5>>
    Item<<Injury Poison||If delivered via Unarmed attack can be applied anywhere||6||17||3.5>>
    spell<<Surmount Affliction||Temporarily alleviates numerous conditions many of which would prevent you casting it||6||18||3.PF>>
    Item<<Sugliin||Easier to use of you are not proficient||6||18||3.5>>
    archetype<<Mutation Warrior||Signature ability doesn't work||6||18||3.PF>>
    Misc<<City population||Small settlements can have more people with non-Commoner classes than their population||6||18-19||3.5>>
    Misc<<Followers of Gorum||Forbidden from casting the rusting grasp spell but can still use Transmute Metal to Wood||6||19||3.PF>>
    Misc<<Eidolon||Can have the Sticky evolution on the Slippery evolution and vice versa||6||19||3.PF>>
    Item<<Potions and Elixiers||Potions are Elixiers, only they are not||6||19||3.5>>
    Class<<Gunslinger||Cannot use their Gunslinger's Dodge deed when not wearing armor||6||19||3.PF>>
    PrC<<Horizon Walker||Underground Terrain Mastery is a bit strange||6||19||3.PF>>
    Feat<<Improved Share Spells*||Doesn't require Share Spells, and other issues||6||20||3.PF>>
    Race<<Humans||Are not defined as Humanoid||6||20||3.5>>

Now for pages 21-25

Misc<<Community Wealth and Population||Rediculous number of items available for purchase in most towns||6||21||3.5>>
    Monster types<<Plants||Breath air, with weird interactions with limited air and non-plant creatures||6||21||3.5>>
    Monster types<<Oozes are not immune to Bleed effects||6||21||3.PF>>
    Skill<<Balance||Doesn't scale with size||6||21||3.5>>
    Skill<<Sleight Of Hand||Cannot conceal non-weapon items, even just weapons which are too small for you||6||21||3.5>>
    Item<<Potion of Protection from arrows||Scales with CL, unlike the spell||6||22||3.5>>
    Class<<Monk||Weapons are Confused||6||22||3.PF>>
    Race<<Halfling||Halfling luck bonus is not a luck bonus||6||22||3.PF>>
    Feat<<Graft Flesh||You must be of the specified type to apply Grafts to others||6||23||3.5>>
    Feat<<Heighten Spell||Cannot be used with Divive Metamagic||6||23||3.5>>
    Misc<<Portals, one way||What happens if you stick part of yourself through?||6||23||3.5>>
    Misc<<Manacles||Easy to escape from: just use them as improvised weapons until they break||6||23||3.PF>>
    Item<<Meditiation Crystal channel focus||Only works for Monk's Ki Pool||6||23||3.5>>
    Misc<<Bound||Binding someone's hands paralysises them and well several dysfunctions follow||6||24||3.5>>
    Feat<<Illithid Heritage||Can be, or is always, inappropriate||6||25||3.5>>
    Feat<<Monk Vow||Only works for Monk's Ki Pool||6||25||3.PF>>
    Misc<<Fatigue and exhaustion||Do not make a character more vulnerable to sleep effects||6||25||3.x>>
    Item<<Boomerang, Xendrik and Talenta||Are ranged thrown weapons, but are they light or one-handed, or ?||6||25||3.5>>
    Spell<<Incorporeal nova||Targets undead with a Death effect, to which they are immune||6||25||3.5>>

Pages 26-30 now

Template<<Half-Troll||Makes Outsiders Extraplanar||6||26||3.5>>
    Template<<Incarnate Construct||Can remove the plating of a Warforged||6||27||3.5>>
    Feat<<Elusive Target||Weird interactions with the Grappling rules||6||28||3.5>>
    Misc<<Dwarf||Can throw NI Shields in a round||6||29||3.PF>>
    Feat<<Power Attack||You can Power attack with a regular gauntlet, but not a Spiked one||6||29||3.5>>
    Feat<<Requiem||Bardic music works on undead, but only for half as long as you play||6||30||3.5>>

[tr][th]Utterance[/th][th]Description[/th][th]Thread[/th][th]Pages[/th][th]Version[/th][/tr]
    [tr][td]All LCT/LPM[/td][td]Oddly low level (eg Gate at 4th)*[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Analyse Item[/td][td]May or may not reveal the hidden properties of cursed items.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Analyse Item[/td][td]Does and doesn't work as Identify.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Archer's Eye[/td][td]Shoot things you can't see without penalty.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Ether Reforged[/td][td]Lasts forever and can't be dispelled, causing eternally ethereal opponents and allies that can attack them.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Greater Energy Negation[/td][td]Is written in a stupid way that makes it look like it can resist everything but it can't*.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Hidden Truth[/td][td]Doesn't tell you which knowledge check it's useful for.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Hidden Truth (R)[/td][td]Doesn't last long enough to use properly.*[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Incarnation of Angels (N/R)[/td][td]Can banish creatures to nowhere in particular.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Preternatural Clarity[/td][td]Talks about rerolls you might not have; therefore might grant rerolls but doesn't say it does.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Sensory Focus[/td][td]Infinite-range blindsight*[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Shockwave[/td][td]Has a duration but doesn't use it.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Spell Rebirth[/td][td]Targets a creature but doesn't do anything with it. Functional effect may therefore have unlimited range.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Spell Rebirth (R)[/td][td]Targets a creature so can dispel epic spells with DC 16 check.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Spell Rebirth (R)[/td][td]Funky wording may allow counterspells which can't fail if you make the check.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Transmute Weapon[/td][td]No-one's quite sure what a special material is.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Transmute Weapon[/td][td]What happens if you turn a weapon to Thinaun, it steals a soul, and turns to steel again?[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Word of Nurturing, any[/td][td]Targets one creature and affects another. Functional effect may therefore have unlimited range.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][th]Class[/th][th]Description[/th][th]Thread[/th][th]Pages[/th][th]Version[/th][/tr]
    [tr][td]All truenaming PrCs[/td][td]Don't advance truespeak ability[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Truenamer[/td][td]Capstone may let you keep saying your name as a free action and teleporting next to yourself; never specified what square you end up in even if used normally.[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][th]Misc[/th][th]Description[/th][th]Thread[/th][th]Pages[/th][th]Version[/th][/tr]
    [tr][td]The Law of Sequence[/td][td]Can be turned off with pseudo-heighten[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]The Universe Hears Just Fine[/td][td]You might want to be silenced; unclear what happens with Silent SLA or AMM: Silent[/td][td]6[/td][td]29[/td][td]3.5[/td][/tr]

Pages 31-35 next

Greater Energy Negation is not a dysfunction p31

Template<<Tieflings (variant)||Tieflings don't change the language given||6||31||3.PF>>
    Monster<<Mobs||One special attack effects them all, well maybe||6||33-34||3.5>>
    Monster<<Special Attacks and Special Qualities||Several dysfunctions||6||34||3.5>>
    Monster<<Spellcasting creature||Does no get class features if advanced in a spellcasting class||6||34||3.5>>
    Spell<<Breath of life||Assumes that you died by loss of HP||6||34||3.PF>>
    Monster<<Shadow||Create Spawn Ability works even if the character has been raised||6||34||3.PF>>
    Feat<<Planar Touchstone||Expends the required object which stop this from working||6||34-35||3.5>>
    Feat<<Improved combat reflexes||Infite loop if opponent has Epic combat reflexes and no one has Improved sunder||6||35||3.5>>

The Whole Epic spell system is dysfunctional

Poor Metaphors are not dysfunctions

Pages 36-40 now

The Completely Dysfunctional Handbook: Fling Ally, Banishment/Dismissal, Crack Ice and Darkseed say "Effect" when they mean "Affect".

Spell<<Contact Other Plane||Do you have to take one INT/CHA check, or one INT/CHA check per question?||6||36||3.5>>
    Skill<<Concentration||What makes you "Threatened" or "Distracted" enough to stop you taking 10?||6||36||3.5>>
    Item<<Gnomish Crossbow Sight||Range bounding error||6||36||3.5>>
    Spell<<Touch of the Sea spell||Gives the target a Swim speed and lets the caster use the Run action while swimming||6||36||3.PF>>
    Race<<Hellbred||Never gains negative levels while wielding evil magic items||6||36||3.5>>
    Combat<<Thrown Melee weapons||Several dysfunctions||6||37||3.5>>
    Feat<<Several||Many feats granting skill points don't allow you to spend them||6||37||3.5>>

Spell<<Share Shape||Doesn't work on Familiars because Familiars are never animals||6||38||3.PF>>
    Spell<<Share Shape||Doesn't work on Animal Companions if you have a Familiar||6||38||3.PF>>
    Soulmelds<<several||Provide static Essentia bonuses||6||38||3.5>>
    Feat<<Invest Armor||Has no duration||6||38||3.5>>
    Feat<<Equipment trick||Several possible dysfunctions, well maybe||6||39||3.5>>
    Class<<Master Thrower||Gets Snatch Arrows, but can't use it||6||40||3.5>>
    Item<<Holy Bombs||Don't work against undead||6||40||3.PF>>
    Item<<Kinslayer weapons||Do extra damage against your kin, but don't specify how closely related they have to be||6||40||3.PF>>
    Monster<<Balor||Vorpal sword is an (Su) ability||6||40||3.5>>

Disarm/Gauntlets dysfunction not mentioned in Combat section (Page 27 of thread 1). Well many dysfunctions could be listed under several catagories, but I'll add this one.
    Last edited by nedz; 2015-04-12 at 07:06 AM.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Thread 6 collated up to page 40
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook