New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Completely Dysfunctional Handbook [3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    Also, taking 15-20 in a bit.
    OK — I'll update the index when this is done.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Equipment|Garrote (Song and Silence)|Can't use Death Attack, requires grapple on classes that are terrible at grappling|2|15|3.5
    PrC|Blighter (CDiv)|Have Speak With Dead Animal, but no way to actually communicate with animals lacking a language (all of them, in short)|2|16|3.5
    Combat|Grapple|Helpless creatures don't auto-fail grapple checks|2|16|3.PF
    Monster|Earth elemental (MM)|No tremorsense, so blind while earth gliding|2|16|3.5
    Monster|Desmoderu Hunting Bat/War Bat (MMII)|Blindsense, and no other vision mode, so total concealment against all targets in the dark|2|16|3.5
    Monster|Amethyst Dragon (MMII)|Bonus on saving throws against force effects; listed example doesn't allow save|2|16|3.5
    Monster|Zombie (MM)|After an active zombie has rotted long enough, it appears to be a skeleton, but retains its own stats|2|17|3.PF
    PrC|Totem Rager|Grants literacy|2|17|3.5
    Spell|Anger of the Noonday Sun|Targets sighted creatures, but has rules for affecting oozes/fungi|2|17|3.5
    Spell|Bestow Greater Curse|Transmutation, instead of Necromancy|2|17|3.5
    Equipment|Stone Salve (DMG)|Has flesh to stone prerequisite, despite reversing the process|2|18|3.5
    Combat|Bullrush|Large creature rushing a line of medium must fit into two squares, but can't|2|18|3.5
    Monster|Glaistig|Can't move more than 100' from pool, but has LA|2|19|3.5
    Monster|Vivacious creatures|If aura suppressed, 1 Str damage/round, but has no Str score|2|19|3.5
    PrC|Chaotician (PlH)|Babble 1/day with no listed duration|2|20|3.5
    PrC|Sand Shaper|Can make items in negative time|2|20|3.5
    Monster|Cat|No ranks in Tumble, so accidental falls will usually kill them|2|20|3.PF
    Race|Elf|Immune to ghoul's touch, but not ghoul touch|2|20|3.PF

Also, the bit about elephants being good at jumping is apparently belied by a line in the MM about them specifically being bad at jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Fixed with the spell Total Repair.
    Spell Forced Manifestation can help...
    Post those in the other thread, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Fixed with the spell Total Repair.

Spell Forced Manifestation can help...
    You are welcome to bring these to this thread where they are open for discussion, but this is just the compilation.

Edit: ninja'd by tuggyne. It was using the text above for cover.

Second edit: Hey, I figured out how to format my earlier post! That should make matters simpler.
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2013-03-04 at 01:52 AM.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

OK I've updated the Collection

Highlights
    1st entry for a Race
    1st entry for Truenamer - surely we have slipped up here ?
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Warped Druid Handbook

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    OK I've updated the Collection

Highlights
    1st entry for a Race
    1st entry for Truenamer - surely we have slipped up here ?
    I think everyone just assumed the Truenamer went without saying.
    Jude P.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I think everyone just assumed the Truenamer went without saying.
    Everyone assumed that the Truenamer was such an obvious choice that someone else would have said it first.

But otherwise, the list is mostly LITTLE things that are either quirky or dysfunctional, whereas the Truenamer is an entire class that, at best, functions poorly and/or is difficult as hell to keep relevant. (I recall reading a thread on this board where one person forced themselves to play it just for the experience, and highlighted most of it's few good points)

Edit: also, I'm not certain I understand the issue about the elf-racial immunity
    Last edited by Deepbluediver; 2013-03-04 at 01:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not called common because the sense is common, it's called common because it's about common things.
    Homebrew Extended Signature!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deepbluediver View Post
    Everyone assumed that the Truenamer was such an obvious choice that someone else would have said it first.

But otherwise, the list is mostly LITTLE things that are either quirky or dysfunctional, whereas the Truenamer is an entire class that, at best, functions poorly and/or is diificult as hell to keep relevant. (I recall reading a thread on this board where one person forced themselves to play it just for the experience, and highlighted most of it's few good points)
    I played one once in a 16th level one-shot with a low-op group. Turns out with high levels of optimisation they can keep up with poorly-built characters from functional classes.
    Jude P.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

I was also surprised when compiling from page 30 that we hadn't included Truenamer yet.

Minor quibble again, the gate description should say "plane" and not "lane."

This handbook is I think one of the better things to come out of the playground.
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deepbluediver View Post
    Edit: also, I'm not certain I understand the issue about the elf-racial immunity
    The italics in ghoul touch got left out by mistake; the thing is that while elves are immune to the paralysis of a ghoul (but not a ghast), they're not immune to the paralysis of the ghoul touch spell.
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll take pages 21-25, inclusive. As always, feel free to leave whatever you don't feel is dysfunctional.

Base Class|Dread Necromancer(HoH)|Has poison, a spell with a save keyed off of Wis in a class that casts off Cha*|2|21|3.5
    PrC|Topaz Guardian(LoM)|NPC has 10 levels of a 5 level class|2|21|3.5
    Spell|Freedom of Movement|Has a somatic component, caster cannot free self|2|21|3.5
    PrC|Bladesinger(CWar)|Gives ability to cast quickened spell without changing casting time|2|21|3.5
    Maneuver|Iron Heart Surge|Requires ability to move; cannot undo many statuses that prevent movement*|2|21|3.5
    Feat|Vow of Abstinence|Gives bonus on saves against poisons and drugs, lost if one fails save against drug*|2|21|3.5
    Base Class|Swordsage|Gains 6 times normal skills at first level instead of 4 times|2|21|3.5
    Spell|Awaken|Animates Trees, but gives them no constitution score|2|21|3.5
    Races|Dvati|Too, poorly defined, e.g. dragonborn Dvati; 1 being or 2?|2|23|3.5
    PrC|Runescarred Berserker(UA)|Impossible to qualify for|2|23|
    Monster|Undead Swarms|Distraction Save DCs are Con based|2|23|3.5
    Spell|Mirror Move|Spell can consume armor, entire oceans as material components|2|24|3.5
    Spell|Giant Vermin|Does not specifically make vermin Monstrous, no stats for non-Monstrous|2|24|3.5
    Monster|Bleakborn(LM)|Cannot be destroyed with hp damage|2|24|3.5
    PrC|Seeker of the Misty Isle|Gives bonus to non-class skills|2|24|3.5
    PrC|Vigilante|Allows feint as a move action, does not have bluff as a class skill|2|24|3.5
    Spell|Snake's Swiftness|Can be used to prevent creatures from making more than one additional attack per round|2|24|3.5
    Templates|Lich|Grants bonus to listen, even if ears have rotted away*|2|25|3.5
    Monsters|Dragons|Qualify for anything that requires dragonblood subtype, no mention of meeting other prerequisites|2|25|3.5
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2013-03-15 at 05:26 PM.
    Awards

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

There are two rules that bug me:

1. Track. You can only track at half speed. So you're travelling corss country at a speed of 15' while your quarry is moving at 30', all other things equal, you never catch them. You never catch anything!

2. Arcane spell failure and shields. A heavy steel shield has an ASF of 15% on Somantic spells in the equipme t chapter, the requirement for somantic spells in the spells chapter is one hand FREE. So you can't cast at all, never mind the 15%. But wait, what about divine spells, can you cast them while holding your heavy shield, as most of the dnd artwork showing paladins and clerics indicates? Not according to the 'one hand free rule'. But what about a wizard with a shield in one hand, but nothing in the other, he has one hand totally free, but still has 15% chance to fail the magical gestures, which doesn't apply if one hand is free and the other is holding a weapon or is severed at the bloody wrist.

Bonus:
    3. Shields and weapons. If you are sword and boarding, you have a +2 AC. If you're disarmed, you get -4 AC for not having a melee weapon. So you're better off declaring your shield as a weapon than as a shield, because it will negate -4 AC which is better than its own +2, but then you lose your shield bonus against ranged attacks, even though the shield is still there

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TentacleSurpris View Post
    There are two rules that bug me:

1. Track.

2. Arcane spell failure and shields.

3. Shields and weapons.
    These should properly go in the Dysfunctional Rules Collection Thread. This thread is exclusively for the summary of all the discovered dysfunctions, not for discussion of the individual dysfunctions. We'll discuss there.
    Blank 3.5 Character Creator Iron Chef Style Tables (in Google Sheets)

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier.

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

OK I've added the next tranche to the Collection.

I've also updated the Category page with a table showing how many of each type we have found.

The grand total is 258 Dysfunctions over one and a half threads.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

OK, I'm going to pick up pages 26-30

ALL EXAMPLE CHARACTERS in a nice big 72pt font in the dysfunction archive|2|29|3.0

Skills|PH is ambiguous on the subject of untrained skills*|2|26|3.5
    PrC|Survivor class from savage species can counter its own pre-reqs*|2|26|3.5
    *Spell*|Invoke Magic doesn't work|2|26|3.5
    PrC|Dragon Compendium, Shaper of Form Renaissance ability is poorly defined|2|26|3.5
    Race|Elves sleep like everyone else|2|26|3.5
    Item|With a Scrying shard anyone can cast scry. It's supposed to just be a portable focus|2|27|3.5
    Psionic|Lion's Charge: Lasts forever, doesn't grant Pounce|2|27|3.5
    PrC|Dragonborn paladin may not know who to smite|2|27|3.5
    Feat|Vow of Purity prevents you from casting all manner of spells|2|28|3.5
    PrC|Tainted (from Dragon #302) is another Schrödinger's PrC|2|28|3.5
    Feat|Martial Strike allows infinite healing|2|28|3.5
    Spell|Absorb mind/body require youto consume the focus|2|29|3.5
    Monster|Hairy spiders (3.5 update to monsters of faerun) have LA of +0 as vermin|2|29|3.5
    Item|Fire lance is more useful when it's broken|2|29|3.PF
    PrC|Lion of Talisid has dysfunctional Wild Shape|2|29|3.0
    Maneuver|Many ToB Maneuvers only work when you have an enemy target|2|29|3.5
    Combat|Grapple: Infinite characters can be in the same square and move with infinite speed|2|29|3.5
    Misc|Walking is more tiring than combat|2|29|3.5
    Spell|Opalescent glare[SpC]: Infinte duration|2|30|3.5
    PrC|Jade Phoenix Mage does not progress pre-req skills|2|30|3.5
    Base|Dread Necromancer can cast corrupt spells only it has none|2|30|3.5

I'll update the collection shortly
    Last edited by nedz; 2013-04-14 at 10:43 AM.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll take 31-35.

Quick note: Death Master should be under Base Classes, not Prestige Classes; Desmoderu Hunting Bat should be Desmodu. [/nitpick]

Misc|Armor imposes ASF, but gauntlets do not|2|31|3.5
    Misc|Ability Scores|NPCs can have Int<3*|2|32|3.5
    Misc|Forced March|Nonlethal damage is healed as faster than it comes after level 6|2|33|3.5
    Base Class|Knight|Code of Honor does not forbid poison, unlike Paladin's Code;Knights cannot deliver coups de grace*|2|31|3.5
    Power|Psionic Dimension Door|Can be used as move action, but cannot act afterwards|2|31|3.5
    Spell|Baleful Polymorph|Creatures with shapechanger subtype can revert back to natural form, but lose subtype if changed|2|32|3.5
    Spell|Uncanny Forethought|Allows casting of spells as full round action, even if normal casting time is longer|2|32|3.5
    Combat|Death from Massive Damage|Impractically low threshold*|2|32|3.5
    Template|Lich|Fear Aura incapable of affecting appropriate level PCs or animal companions|2|32|3.5
    Monster|Badger|If it survives combat, rages until death*|2|35|3.5

Edit: Oh dear. I'm very sorry. I didn't see you there, tuggyne. Removed the duplicates
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2013-05-05 at 02:07 AM.
    Awards

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

36-40, here I come!

Archetype|Wanderer Monk|Longstrider SLA doesn't stack with Fast Movement|2|36|PF
    Base Class|Sha'ir|Starting gear is not enough to summon gen, required for any casting|2|36|3.5
    Spell|Sanctify the Wicked (BoED)|Applies a template to any evil creature, even those that the template cannot be applied to|2|36|3.5
    Template|Sanctified (BoED)|Has text explaining what happens to tanar'ri, baatezu, yugoloth subtypes, but template cannot be applied to any creature with those subtypes|2|36|3.5
    Monster|Barghest (MMI)|"Can claw and bite" in any form, but can't "use any natural weapons" in goblin form|2|36|3.5
    Monster|Locathah (MMI)|Entry states it has no teeth, but picture clearly shows prominent teeth|2|36|3.5
    Monster|Myrmixicus|Wields four same-size scythes in four arms with no special ability to do so|2|36|3.5
    Base|Crusader (ToB)|Doesn't qualify for Diehard*|2|36|3.5
    Race|Lupin (DrC)|MonHu, but allegedly descended from one or another Humanoid race*|2|37|3.5
    Prestige|Sacred Fist|Code of conduct forbids them from using weapons (including unarmed strike)|2|37|3.5
    Monster|Steel Dragon|Likes to blend in with humanoids, but has to use 1 min/level polymorph to do so|2|37|3.5
    Prestige|Pale Master|Undead Graft prosthetic arm gives, among other things, bonus to Jump, resisting trips, and so on|2|38|3.5
    Spell|Meld into Stone (PHB)|Doesn't give you the ability to breathe in stone|2|38|3.PF
    Prestige|Renegade Mastermaker|Gives (Living Construct) as capstone type; may disqualify itself if it becomes Construct (Living Construct)|2|38|3.5
    Spell|Polymorph etc|Disallow changing into forms smaller than Fine, but there aren't any such possible, because Fine includes everything smaller than Diminutive|2|39|3.5
    Base|Dread Necromancer|Negative energy burst can harm the DN|2|39|3.5
    Combat|Tower shield|No rules/penalties for using a tower shield while mounted|2|39|3.PF
    Skill|Tumble|Can Tumble while wearing tower shield, maybe even while gaining total cover|2|39|3.PF
    Prestige|Shadow Thief of Amn|Bonus feat list at 2nd includes prerequisite|2|40|3.5
    Skill|Spellcraft|Can identify all discernible illusions with a fairly low DC*|2|40|3.5
    Prestige|Kensai (CW)|Instill ability can push BAB above normal cap|2|40|3.5
    Last edited by TuggyNE; 2013-05-04 at 07:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm doing 41-45.

Spell|Repair X Damage|Newest version only allows healing if target has >0 hp, so no usage on disabled living constructs|2|41|3.5
    Spell|Awaken Undead|Allows skeleton to regain abilities that depend on organs*|2|43|3.5
    Spell|Explosive Runes|Damages "anyone close enough to read them" so can damage creatures very far away if they have spyglasses or the like*|2|44|3.5
    Class|Monk|Both can and cannot use unarmed strikes in flurry of blows|2|42|3.5
    Skill|Track|Requires DC 60 check to identify kind of creature from tracks*|2|45|3.5
    Misc|Lava and Magma|Fire resist 1 provides immunity to magma and lava; can drown in lava, but not magma; only creatures immune to fire can drown in lava|2|42|3.5
    Misc|Slow Suffocation|Small amounts of healing can negate it indefinitely|2|42|3.5
    Misc|Heavy Smoke|Creatures that produce heavy smoke vulnerable to their own smoke effect|2|42|3.5
    Misc|Regeneration|Vorpal weapons cannot kill unless the right type of damage|2|42|3.5
    Misc|Senses|Undead can use a sense until they lose the sensory organ, skeletons have no sensory organs*|2|43|3.5
    Monster|Protean|Nothing overcomes its regeneration; can and cannot shift into incorporeal forms|2|43|3.5
    Monster|Succubus|Has bonus to disguise when using alter self, does not have alter self|2|44|3.5
    Soulmeld|Incarnate Weapon|Does nothing if neutral character learns by shape soulmeld|2|44|3.5
    Soulmeld|Various|Give fly speed equal to 5*essentia invested, if 0 invested, can hover|2|45|3.5
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2013-05-12 at 06:30 PM.
    Awards

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

I'll do 46-50, and then compose the whole lot then.

Skill|Tracking|You can track a creature without knowing what it is|2|46|3.5
    Combat|Feint|-4 against humanoids|2|46|3.5
    Equipment|Armour|Defined by type not body shape|2|46|3.5
    Spell|Shivering Touch|It's damage has a duration|2|47|3.5
    Equipment|Armour|Crafting rules error|2|48|3.5
    Combat|Thrown Weapons|Range does not depend on Strength|2|48|3.5
    Combat|Splitting Raptor arrows|Splitting bow and Raptor arrows interaction|2|48|3.5
    Creature|Nezumi|Nezumi can't speak Common|2|48|3.5
    Creature|Familiers|Familiers can have LA, but you still can't play them|2|49|3.5
    Class|Ranger|Favoured Enemy issues|2|49|3.5
    Creature|Flayerspawn Psychic|Channels power points into Illithid Blast, but how ?|2|49|3.5
    Class|Soulbow| Soulbow doesn't stack with Soulknife for special ability bonuses|2|49|3.5
    Misc|Carrying|Grappling ignores weight when moving|2|49|3.5
    Misc|Carrying|Items in bags of holding etc. still count against capacity|2|49|3.5
    Combat|Fear|Effects can be permanent|2|49|3.5
    Last edited by nedz; 2013-05-16 at 04:50 AM.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Index complete up to the end of thread 2.

Monk and Dread Necromancer now tie on 4 dysfunctions each. Be careful about playing a grappling monk however, since Grapple has six dysfunctions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Viscount View Post
    Quick note: Death Master should be under Base Classes, not Prestige Classes; Desmoderu Hunting Bat should be Desmodu. [/nitpick]
    Thanks for catching these — fixed now.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

I've got 1-5 of 3.

Race|Shifter|Razorclaw trait doesn't function like normal natural attacks|3|1|3.5
    Item|Bag of Holding|Suffocates creatures in 10 minutes, regardless of size or number of creatures; creatures that don't breath air or have bottle of air still have 10 minutes|3|1|3.P
    Monster|Undead|Can speak and use spells with verbal components, even if they don't have vocal chords.*|3|2|3.5
    Monster|Lycanthrope|Cannot assume form of templated creature, its own forms are those of a templated creature.|3|5|3.5
    Class|Swordsage|Has incorrect BA in chart|3|2|3.5
    Template|Several|If type is changed, different knowledge skill for same information*|3|2|3.5
    Template|Symbiote|Allows swarms to be added; other problems|3|4|3.5
    Misc|Tripping and Falling Prone|Both function as normal in water, if you fall prone in the air you teleport to the ground|3|3|3.5
    Misc|Falling Objects|No rules for falling creatures, objects less than one pound cause no damage|3|4|3.5
    Spell|Deafening blast|Deafens caster as well as enemies|3|5|3.5
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2013-05-27 at 12:30 AM.
    Awards

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Actually, you can make Ride-By charge attack and move after.

You must have a clear path toward the opponent, and nothing can hinder your movement (such as difficult terrain or obstacles). Here’s what it means to have a clear path. First, you must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent. (If this space is occupied or otherwise blocked, you can’t charge.) Second, if any line from your starting space to the ending space passes through a square that blocks movement, slows movement, or contains a creature (even an ally), you can’t charge. (Helpless creatures don’t stop a charge.)
    Closest space, depending on your position, doesn't have to be right next to your opponent, especially, if you have reach (and lance have). Let's say, that a Paladin Paladinson, Sir Charge-A-Lot have Ride-By Attack, Spirited Charge, he is mounted (for a sake of simplicity let's assume that he is a halfling on a medium mount), wield lance and begins in a C5 square (X). In a E1 there stand poor Mooky McMookerty (O) and it's not his turn. From a description of a Charge action first what our paladin have to do is move to the closest space from which he can attack, which is a C3 square marked by asterisk (remember, that he has a lance - reach weapon), then attack and can continue (per Ride-By Attack feat) straight line of movement up to double that of his mount. He can do that even without reach weapon, though it's more restrictive that way, and do not provoke AoO from target of his charge.

Granted, that you couldn't always move like this, but it's makes it rather situational feat than dysfunctional (wouldn't be the first one for melee guys :) ). Oh, and if you kill your opponent or knocked him out, you could totally move through his square.

{table=head]A|B|C|D|E|F|G
    1| | | |O| |
    2| | | | | |
    3| | * | | | |
    4| | | | | |
    5| |X| | | |
    [/table]
    Last edited by MirddinEmris; 2013-05-27 at 12:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I don't think that +32 in Colossal vs Fine is dysfunctional, after all, grapple check comes after successful touch attack, which can be very difficult. So, this bonus used after "I've got you!" moment.

What i would call dysfunctional is that attacks keyed of strength and the bigger the monster is, the MORE PRECISE his attacks are (Str bonus grows more quickly that size penalty), so they have no trouble making aforementioned touch attacks.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

You'll want to take it up in this thread, friend. This one is just for compilation.
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2013-05-27 at 12:33 AM.
    Awards

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

OK, updated the index.

Incidental we already had the falling, though not the tripping.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll do 6-10 of 3.
    PrC|Disciple of Ashardalon|Becomes Outsider at 12th level, becoming vulnerable to frightful presence*|3|6|3.5
    PrC|Apostle of Peace|Entry mentions use of protective magic items; character is prevented by Vow of Poverty, a pre-req*|3|7|3.5
    PrC|Corrupt Avenger|Fear aura renders shaken with no duration; gets aura that "unnerves", -4 penalty on things stacks with shaken|3|7|3.5
    PrC|Master Transmogrifist|Has abilities that work on favored shapes assumed by spells such ss alter self and shapechange,former cannot be used to assume a favored shape, latter cannot be cast by MT|3|7|3.5
    PrC|Scarlet Corsair|Frightful Lunge renders target shaken with no duration|3|7|3.5
    PrC|Walker in the Waste|Allows for creation of Salt Mummies, with no mention of how, with what, out of what, or how quickly|3|9|3.5
    PrC|Divine Mind|Pain and Suffering Mantle gives +1 on weapon damage rolls against "wounded" foes, does not define wounded|3|9|3.5
    Feat|Willing Deformity (Hands) and (Mouth)|Deal same damage for all size categories|3|6|3.5
    Monster|Undead in HoH|Can beresurrected if willing, no mention of requiring destruction|3|7|3.5
    Monster|Wyvern|Has full attack including wings and talons, states can only use talons in a flyby attack|3|7|3.5
    Monster|Velroc|Has full attack of 4 talons at 4 iteratives|3|7|3.5
    Template|Tainted Minion|Fear aura renders shaken with no duration|3|7|3.5
    Template|Unholy Scion|Gains ability scores and SLAs keyed off of HD when a fetus, no indication of how many HD a fetus has|3|7|3.5
    Template|Vampire|Can be killed by a stake through the heart, no mention of how to do this|3|10|3.5
    Equipment|Deity specific holy symbols|Some grant bonus to caster level when turning or rebuking, which does not depend on caster level|3|6|3.5
    Equipment|Mithral Chain Shirt, Elven Chain, Mithral Breastplate of Speed|Give Medium creatures 30ft (20ft for breastplate) movement speed and Small creatures 20ft (15 for breastplate) movement speed, no exceptions.
    Equipment|Fire Coral Poison|Nauseates with no duration|3|8|3.5
    Equipment|Flying Carpet|Different sizes have different densities|3|10|3.5
    Base Class|Death Master|Allows extraction of approx 1 pint of blood from a Diminutive or Fine creature*; allows wizard to copy spells from death masters' spellbooks instead of death masters from death masters|3|6|3.5
    Base Class|Dread Necromancer|May or may not have access to Fire in the Blood and Oath of Blood|3|7|3.5
    Base Class|Alchemist|Defoliant Bomb deals extra damage to plants, but is poison effect, which plants are immune to|3|8|3.P
    Race|Darfellan|May or may not have aquatic and darfellan subtypes; may or may not have bonus on handle animal|3|7|3.5
    Spell|Wish|Can wish for magical item without regards to cost|3|8|3.5
    Spell|Web|Unclear what happens to creature who enters web after it was cast|3|8|3.5
    Spell|Slow|Unclear what is meant by "normal" speed|3|8|3.5
    Spell|Mass Curse of Ill Fortune|Is a necromancy spell, but Curse of Ill Fortune is transmutation|3|9|3.5
    Spell|Dark Way|RAI for bridges, can make walls, effect exceeds range|3|9|3.5
    Spell|Gust of Wind|Effect can exceed range|3|10|3.5
    Misc|Killing a Fiend|Always a good act, veterans of the Blood War are evil outsiders who have killed many fiends|3|7|3.5
    Misc|Flying|Quadrupeds can carry more than bipeds when flying|3|9|3.5
    Misc|Armor Check Penalty|Even the most restrictive of clothes impose no ACP*|3|10|3.5
    Misc|Armor|Within a size category, almost all armor is one size fits all|3|10|3.5
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2013-06-02 at 06:21 PM.
    Awards

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

The "Feint" description is improperly worded. It should be "Non-Humanoids can feint Humanoids at no penalty, but take a -4 penalty against their own type"
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Viscount View Post
    I'll do 6-10 of 3.
    Updated — Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    The "Feint" description is improperly worded. It should be "Non-Humanoids can feint Humanoids at no penalty, but take a -4 penalty against their own type"
    Thanks — there is a lot of this stuff to proof-read.
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

I've got 11-15 of thread 3.

Base Class|Inquisitor|Possibly weaker as multiclass cleric than with no cleric levels*|3|12|PF
    Base Class|Divine Mind|Gets PP at level 1, but has nothing to spend them on|3|15|3.5
    PrC|Drunken Master|Deals extra 1d12 with improvised weapons, even if improvised weapons are heavy enough to deal more damage|3|11|3.5
    PrC|Necrocarnate|Necrocarnum Soulshield has no listed duration|3|13|3.5
    PrC|Radiant Servant of Pelor|Is worse at healing at levels 6-9 than at earlier levels|3|15|3.5
    Monster|Molydeus|Attack routine is problematic, bites either 2 or 3 times in full attack|12|3.5
    Monster|Solar|A Chaotic Good Solar can have access to the Law Domain|3|13|3.5
    Monster|Terlen|Cannot breath underwater|3|14|3.5
    Monster|Blighted Bloodfire Ooze|Loses ooze traits, though it is still oozelike|3|14|3.5
    Equipment|Armor|Within a size category is one size fits all|3|12|3.5
    Equipment|Magical Ranged Weapons|The way properties act on weapons and their ammunition is dysfunctional; you can generate arbitrary number of magical arrows, then sell them for a profit|3|13|3.5
    Skill|Sleight of Hand|Can be used to conceal Spellcasting, foes detect whispers with Spot*|3|13|3.5
    Skill|Sleight of Hand|Foes can notice theft with Spot, but cannot stop it from happening|3|13|3.5
    Misc|Ability Scores|Ability modifiers of higher than 5 may be impossible|3|11|3.5
    Misc|Ability Damage|A creature with Dex 0 may or may not be paralyzed, as the condition|3|14|3.5
    Misc|Magic/Psionics Transparency|May or may not apply when crafting items|3|14|3.5
    Misc|Positive Levels|Do not affect undead properly|3|15|3.5
    Spell|Geas/Quest|Average damage inflicted if prevented from acting is less than damage healed every day*|3|13|3.5
    Spell|Oath of Blood|Significantly cheaper than Create Undead, Geas may no longer be in effect*|3|13|3.5
    Spell|Shieldbearer|Can travel infinite distance to protect a creature instantly|3|14|3.5
    Spell|Vile Spells|Some require both Undead and Fiend|3|15|3.5
    Maneuver|Mithral Tornado and Adamantine Hurricane|May or may not function with reach weapons, only extend to adjacent squares*|3|14|3.5
    Feat|Invest Armor|Increases armor bonus by 3 indefinitely|3|14|3.5
    Template|Telthor|Creature cannot leave certain area, but LA+2|3|14|3.5
    Template|Lycanthrope|Can change type to things like CE, even though all animals are N| 3|15|3.5
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2013-06-30 at 04:32 PM.
    Awards

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pesimismrocks View Post
    Two simple ones: Evil Wild defenders (Ranger Variant) get smite evil.

A barbarian in the middle of a dungeon can take a level in druid, instantaneously learn how to read and write in any language and gain a new one too.
    Cool, but can you post it in this thread please ?
    This is just the compendium, we have 120 pages of this stuff
    π = 4

Warped Druid Handbook

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

I realized that we never classified the dysfunction with flicker. Shadow magic spells are called mysteries, so I guess we need a little section just for flicker.

Posting description for convenience.

Mystery|Flicker|Invokes 50% miss chance if cast in response to attack, standard action to cast|1|34|3.5

Taking 16-20 in thread 3.

Spell|Liveoak|Ambiguous what happens to trees when released|3|16|3.5
    Spell|Gust of Wind|Affects flying creatures, but not jumping creatures|3|17|3.5
    Spell|Bone Chill|Affects undead, but Fort negates*|3|18|3.5
    Spell|Remorseless Charm|Affects creature you show painting to, painting is material component and so is consumed|3|18|3.5
    Prestige Class|Stormlord|Table gives "Elemental Conflagration," text disagrees|3|16|3.5
    Prestige Class|Vermin Lord|Table gives "Pincer Claws," no such ability|3|16|3.5
    Prestige Class|Wavekeeper|Table gives 9/10ths Casting, Text says nothing|3|17|3.5
    Feat|Wild Cohort|Gives no way of replacing dead Cohort|3|17|3.5
    Misc|Carrying Capacity|Cannot be determined for creatures with more than four legs or less than two|3|16|3.5
    Misc|Jumping Leg Graft|Gives penalty to movement speed due to mismatched-ness, penalty only increases with two of them*|3|16|3.5
    Misc|Wounding(Monster Ability)|Can affect plants, constructs, elementals, undead, oozes, other creatures with no blood*|3|19|3.5
    Skills|Jump|If hit with conditions like daze mid-jump, you are stuck in the air|3|17|3.5
    Template|Soulfused Construct|Is LA+1, but only applies to constructs with Int -, which are all unplayable.
    Template|Dustform|Is LA +2, but is Int-|3|17|3.5
    Template|Vampire|Vorpal weapon is stated to affect it, but doesn't say how|3|18|3.5
    Template|Dragonspawn|Gives Death Throes, does not say they activate on death; Gives access to "dragon feats"|3|18|3.5
    Template|Xorvintaal Dragon|Gives bonus on saving throws equal to age category|3|19|3.5
    Base Class|Truenamer|DC to identify some mundane items is higher than nonmagical items|3|16|3.5
    Equipment|Spiked Armor|You can be disarmed of spiked armor|3|17|3.5
    Equipment|Surprise Weapons|Can be used two-handed, DC to find is 15 regardless of size|3|18|3.5
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2013-07-28 at 12:32 PM.
    Awards