New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

biggrin Recapture Waterdeep!

you are approached by the three remaining members of the Waterdeep royal family, "we have heard of your accomplishments, and we are here to offer you a chance for glory, gold, slaughter, and target practice, as you probably understand, Waterdeep was take by a goblin/demonic army, and we would like to retake our city, save our people, and beat the demons off, back into the abyss. will you help us?"
    There’s an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom and consolation to the soul in times of need Allons-y!

my wonderful avatar by ceika (all i had to do was teach it the four elements)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Recapture Waterdeep!

Your city is not far from our own homes. If someone does not repel the demon army, then likely they will spread, and we will be one of their targets.

On a personal note, demons have no place in the natural world. I will assist you in ridding our plane of thwir corrupting presence.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

i am most certainly in, i like the squeal of dying goblins

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

it would be an honor to assist you, could you, however, should we recapture the city, i imagine some stations would be available that we would be able to fill, such as weapons master... hmmm

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Alav was leaning carelessly against a carriage.

"I assume you have some kind of plan or idea, and the incentive to make it worth our while?"

EDIT: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=499433
    Last edited by Umoon; 2013-01-21 at 03:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Umoon View Post
    Alav was leaning carelessly against a carriage.

"I assume you have some kind of plan or idea, and the incentive to make it worth our while?"
    of course, you have the drow, so skullport is open to you, and we will give you positions of some prestige in our court, and your pick from our personal army, along with the prestige that comes with reclaiming a major city for the forces of good, im sure the church of helm will reward your sacrifice (not meaning your life, but injury and effort, of course) to close the gate to the abyss, we would recommend you reclaim an outlying farm and use that as a rallying point to strike out from, remember, the goblins will probably have looted our armories, feel free to recapture and re purpose those arms and armor.
    There’s an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom and consolation to the soul in times of need Allons-y!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunyar

The dwarf sniffs a bit before answering, "Fine fine fine, what is your latest intelligence? How many goblins? Who rules there now? What sort of resistance are we looking at?"

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by shugyosha View Post
    Grunyar

The dwarf sniffs a bit before answering, "Fine fine fine, what is your latest intelligence? How many goblins? Who rules there now? What sort of resistance are we looking at?"
    one of the nobles, the oldest, turns to another and says "i like this one, he has his prioritys straight". he then turns to grunyar and says "we know that the goblins number in the tens of hundreds, and there is about one demon to ten goblins, and that this entire army is controlled by a vrock named ezecraviel, and that few demons leave the keep, as, while they are on this plane via the portal, they die as if they were in the abyss" any other questions, those are the basics.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunyar

"Five of us against thousands of goblins and hundreds of demons... No great odds..." he looks at the others then asks, "What's a Vrock?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Grunyar

"Five of us against thousands of goblins and hundreds of demons... No great odds..." he looks at the others then asks, "What's a Vrock?"
    why would we face them all at once, now five of us, against thirty goblins, those are satisfactory odds she says smirking confidently also, a vrock is a form of vulture-like demon, very destructive, they can fly, the drow often use them against svibnerblin settlements, the end result is rather difficult to describe while in proper company she jerks her head in the direction of the royal family, suffice it to say, it is dangerous
    Last edited by Stake A Vamp; 2013-01-18 at 09:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

PirateGuy

Windfall

Well, we can't know anything until we start. And very goblin patrol killed is one less for their army. Let's see about retaking some farms, eh?
    Last edited by Quakes; 2013-01-20 at 04:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

12. - Top - End - #12

the nobles turn to you and say "good work, the drow should be able to get you as far as skullport , from there there is a series of tunnels that lead to the surface, from there, farms are scattered every which way"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Alav straightened his posture and strode around the caravan.

"Well the good news is, if its actually a vrock, it shouldn't be that hard to outmaneuver."

14. - Top - End - #14

confused Re: Recapture Waterdeep!

one of the nobles turn to alav and say "you do realize that it can fly...right?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Johysis turns and begins walking toward her house (well, camp in the woods on the outskirts of the village) and shouts back "i'm going to get my stuff, then i will be at the docks, aranging our transport to skullport when you are done asking questions, get over there and fill me in, please get your stuff first." and trots off

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by tardisvalkyrie View Post
    one of the nobles turn to alav and say "you do realize that it can fly...right?"
    Alav smiles and responds, "Why, yes of course."

17. - Top - End - #17

Alav smiles and responds, "Why, yes of course."
    one of the nobles smirks and says "then, outmaneuver seems a rather poor choice of words."

18. - Top - End - #18

(also, could we all edit our first post to include our character sheet at the bottom)

and has anyone got ranks in knowledge (local) or knowledge (nobility)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunyar

"Does any know what hurt and kill these demons?" he asks.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Grunyar

"Does any know what hurt and kill these demons?" he asks.
    "Cold Iron or a blessed weapon would sting a little more than normal."

Alav turned to the remaining nobles. "How come there hasn't been an attempt to take the city back yet?"

21. - Top - End - #21

"Cold Iron or a blessed weapon would sting a little more than normal."

Alav turned to the remaining nobles. "How come there hasn't been an attempt to take the city back yet?"
    "im afraid there has, the nearby nations attempted this, and were turned back by the horde" they say uneasily "but that was twenty years ago, the time is ripe for another try."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunyar

"What did that nation send?" the dwarf asks skeptically. "An army or just a scouting party?"

23. - Top - End - #23

"well, i wouldn't exactly say an army, so much as a large contingent of their forces..." the old man says "besides, you are an elite strike force, not a bunch of blundering commoners recruited right from the farms."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunyar

"No matter how good we are, its still 5 against thousands, an army would have a better chance. We'll go, but you better find some reinforcements that we can call upon." He looks at the other, "Ready?"

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by shugyosha
    Grunyar

"No matter how good we are, its still 5 against thousands, an army would have a better chance. We'll go, but you better find some reinforcements that we can call upon." He looks at the other, "Ready?"
    we don't expect you to fight them all, just destroy the portal and assasinate their leaders

Posted from Giantitp.com App for Android

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by tardisvalkyrie View Post
    we don't expect you to fight them all, just destroy the portal and assasinate their leaders

Posted from Giantitp.com App for Android
    He smirks at Grunyar and remarks, "Now that seems up our alley. Let's meet back up at camp and discuss our plan. We'll probably want some kind of reconnaissance to begin with."

With a nod to the noble Alav began walking away.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunyar

"Yes, but let's meet up with our Drow at the docks. That ones better at being sneaky."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

We arrive at the docks.

29. - Top - End - #29

PirateGuy

What he said ^
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

30. - Top - End - #30

you arrive at the docks to find johanis attempting to skewer a local vagrant, and lanlis trying to talk her down "one more time " the drow yells "i told you last time that if you ever did that again i would skewer you, and then you did it again, ill feed you to the sharks!" and the vagrant yelling "i didn't mean anything by is, honest"