New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: (3.5) Escape from the Myst (IC)

"Hm, yes we do have one and it is at your disposal. Though the risk of harming your development does concern me." The Eldest says after a moments thought. "Wyrd-Kir could you do as your companion asks?"

"It is within my abilities." Wyrd replies immediately.

"Here you guys go, I made them my self. I hope you don't need them but better to have and not need and all that." Sindri cuts in as he hands both you, Raven, and Wyrd a necklace each. "They took a bloody long time to get everything for, but they will aid you all greatly. Now why the heck would a bunch of outsiders like us have to know all the political BS anyway."

Spoiler
    Show
    You have gained a Amulet of Devoted Spirit (Novice).

Ingrained within this Amulet is the knowledge for the Iron Guard's Glare Martial Stance. Use it well.
    Last edited by 'Able' Xanthis; 2013-02-16 at 10:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

My rate of develoment is unlikely to matter if we fail, though I certainly thank you for your concern, Eldest.
    *bows*

Sindri... thank you.

*examines the necklace, taking out his copy of The Way of The Not So Peaceful Warrior and examining what it has to say on the matter.*

*Tries to find the chapter on the relevant stance, but fails. Looks confused*

Umm, Sindri, what excatly does this do?
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-02-16 at 10:30 PM.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Eldest waves for the Half-Ogre to go first so he pulls himself to his full height, an intimidating 7' 8".

"This is a teaching aid used for young children on the path, but it can be used to ingrain a skill pattern, specifically the patterns held in the body of a practitioner of the Sublime Way. I used a little known loophole to get skill not my own, and Forged those skills into these items. To this one," He tapped the amulet in your hand, "I have ingrained a set of skills that will allow you to aid us in combat, whilst staying away from the front lines, though I was tempted to go with another I think the Iron Guard's Gaze Stance should aid us all."

"As to why I am telling you all this information, there is a practice that in times of emergencies an informed outsider and a group of their choice would represent the outsiders in the city. I wish for you all to be that Outsider's Council so that the two thrones don't vote one of their puppets in."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

*nods to Sindri*
    I think I understand.

*looks up the mentioned stance*

Ah, I see, basically this necklace allows me to reduce the effectiveness of foes to whom I pose a melee threat, at least when they try to attack anyone other than me.

*looks thoughtful*

Hmm, not sure I like the idea of giving foes more reason to swing at me. Still, I suppose I could make better use of this if I had a reach weapon, right? Granted, I only vaugely know what to do with one, shouldn't matter much. I mean, you've seen me try to use my family sword- a weapon I've actually trained with- I can't use it worth a copper. Hells, if it wasn't an heirloom, I'd probably let it rust in its sheath. So, I doubt my chances of being an effective combatant would be greatly reduced by using a reach weapon I know little about, since I really can't get any worse.

*Chuckles, then goes over what he said*

Not that I mean any disrespect or don't appreciate it, my friend. Indeed, I quite admire the craftman's ship you've shown in this. It's just that, as a... what's the term I'm looking for?... squishy wizard? Yes, as one of those, I really hope I don't end up in a position where it will have any effect.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"You are going into a tight, I'm assuming here, Archive full o books. If it's anything like the libraries you and Raven like to coup yourselves in we're not going to have a lot of space, by my assumption." Sindri said calmly.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

*Nods thoughtfully, then blushes out of embarassment*

Err, point taken. Guess that's the difference between reading about martial matters and being a competent warrior, right there. Heh.

Right, so this outsiders' council... other than us, are there any notable outsiders currently in the city? Also, if we're going to actually represent the outsiders in town, is there anything we should know about them so we can represent them better? I know, it likely doesn't matter in our specific circumstances, but if we're going to act based on the pretense of doing a job, we might as well try to do it, no?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Ah, yes there are the basic traveler's who come and go with time, and then there are the other adventurers like yourselves." She smiles. "I believe you all understand how they think, but other than yourselves I can only think of old Throkmorn as the only other choice."

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Arcana)

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Throkmorn's name catches your ear. A wizard of some age he was once called the Logic Mage, known for breaking down how everything worked. He was the original writer of a lot of the normal Reference section found in magical library. His flaws were that he was incredibly dry, with no emotional connection to his work creating books and thesis' that are hard to read through, and he also had a verbose and condescending writing style, in that if he could write it in one word or fifteen he'd chose fifteen. This does not stop him from being an important traveling sage of magic, even though he himself is in fact a weak wizard.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Throkmorn? I remember reading his Basic Primer on Magic Arcane when I was in school. From what I remember, I was the only member of my class that could read it for more than a few minutes without falling asleep. Not that I didn't occasionally use it to help me enter trance. Still, I'm sure he could be a valuable information resource, if we can get him to work with us.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-02-17 at 01:03 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Yes and whilst most people think he would be more... animated in real life he speaks in the same way he writes. It's hard to be around him without," the Eldest chuckled, "nodding off."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. Perhaps we could have tea when we meet with him, or maybe something abit stronger?

More serriously, is there anything else we should know? If not, then maybe Raven, your acolytes, and I should get on that planar research, and I should get that spymaster's coin scroll started?
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-02-17 at 01:17 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Heh, I have actual coffee for when he come over to visit the church, and I use his monologs to test my apprentices wills." Sindri snorted up half a cup of water he'd been trying to drink. After a few moments of coughing he got himself under control again.

"He can't be as bad you guys are making him out to be." The Half-Ogre said as he looked to Raven, one of the other casters in the room.

"Why are you looking at me, I feel asleep after his analysis of potion ingredients and why they react to one another." The violet eyed woman said as she sipped on a cup of steaming liquid.

"Farther than I ever got..." You hear the eldest mutter, only your close proximity allowing you to here her. "Anyway you are right get going and I'll send off the last runners for a full council meeting."
    Last edited by 'Able' Xanthis; 2013-02-17 at 01:22 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Right.

Umm, where is your quill of scribing and a place I can set it up? I'd like to get that going while we're doing our research. If we finish it soon enough, I'll then scribe another scroll myself, assuming you have the supplies available. Unfortunately, I didn't think to bring large amounts of scribing supplies with me for this trip.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Our temple has a focus on the growth of new magecraft," the Eldest said as she pulls a Peacock feather out of a pouch at her hip, "there are three of these in total within the temple. If you have need to make any more scrolls after the first three you will have to do it the old fashioned way, and I very much doubt you could even dent the scribing storage room."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

*nods*

I had thought that was the case, but I've found making assumptions seldom pays.

Regardless, thank you, Eldest If one of the acolytes could show me to the scribing room and bring me the other quills, I'll get some of those scrolls started, then.

*accepts the quill and bows.*
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Sha' Fosten, will aid you in your duties, Young Lord" A soft tenner voice said from directly behind and to your left. Sindri nearly leapt from his pillows and pointed at the sounds source.

"How long have you been there?" He asks with a growl deep within his chest building up. You hear cloth rustle.

"I have been attending the Young Lord since I learned of his prescience here."

Spoiler
    Show
    No I'm not indicating that you are some form of noblity, though it's not out of the question as you are an elf wizard, and they usually have great backgrounds.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

(Do I recognise the speaker?)
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Perhaps the voice is familiar to you. Perhaps it isn't.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry, but I don't think I recognise you.

*turns towards voice*
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-02-17 at 02:30 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You see before you a red-headed, young man. He wears a thick sapphire tunic, belted at the waist, and his features are sharp and distinctly elven, though he has human shaped eyes. His shoulder bears the woven waves of the Water Warden's badge, his hair falls down his back in a braid, and you note that he has a blackjack at his hip hung in the same way Jack had his tied.

His stance was one that you knew well, an elven tradition of bygone times. His hands were open and held away from the body whilst he held eye contact, showing he had no ill intent.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

*tilts head*

Sha' Fosten, is it? Were you previously masquarading as 'Jack' by chance?

*assumes the same non threatening stance*
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-02-17 at 02:57 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Just a notice to the Mods: This game's dm has had a computer malfunction. It is likely to take several weeks for him to get a replacement. This game is not dead, however. Please don't lock or delete this thread.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me: