New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5) Escape from the Myst (IC)

Relieved at being able to release the vendor, Peilion lets go of him.

Not being a particularly attentive man, he is barely aware of the conversations around him. However, he watches the Priestess' magic with intense interest.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The spell is a variant of Detect Magic, which you remember being one of the most adaptable spell lines in divination magic, a magic known for adaptability. Where a normal Detect Magic would tell the Priestess what magics were being used this seems to be a way of actually reading a spell already cast and from the way she is writing in her own little notebook she can identify the spell quite easily.

As you are completely entrapped by what you believe to be a custom spell you don't hear either Wyrd until s/he taps your shoiler.

"Did I do good, oh great leader?" s/he says ending with a smile, now in the shape of a comely young woman. The great leader bit is a running joke that most of the good ideas come from the leader, and you have a run of them often enough.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

*Pielion gives a slight start, but quickly realises who's speaking to him*

Yes, very well. It was good to know you were near at hand should things have gone awry. Well, more awry.

*he smiles*
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Turning to the Priestess:

Pardon me, eldest *bows ploitely* What needs to be done to free our friend from this item? Also,

*turns to Captain Jack*

Should that man's stock be siezed for examination? Afterall, if he's trying to sell one cursed item, he might be trying to sell others. I also doubt it would be a good idea to let possibly cursed items to be left unguarded.

Lastly, what are we going to do with him? I'm guessing between you eldest, and your sisters, and the enchantments I can offer, we could make a decent job of interrogating him, if it comes to that. And we had guard approval, of course.
    *Looks to Captain Jack*
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-01-24 at 01:38 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"The use of Enchantment, is strictly restricted to temple grounds, or under the sight of a Justicar." Jack says, he looks to be about to say more, when a guard enters rushing at a respectful pace.

"Captain, you are needed at the docks, a huge ship is on the way. It isn't hailing the Wardens or anything it's just sitting outside the Coral Gate." The guard seemed a bit panicked.

"Calm down, respectfully Eldest, I'll leave this in your capable hands." Jack leaves swiftly with the guard. Eldest Waves at the body and two sisters walk over and drag the vender slightly away.

"The curse is something that can be broken with some effort. We are capable of it, but it will take a little while. You may wish to go out and do something else." The Eldest says as she is still looking over the blade. "I'll have some sister's try to find the venders wares."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you Eldest. Sindri, you'll be ok. Hmm, do you have a cell for this fellow, and if so, would you like us to put him there?

*indicating the vendor*
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-01-24 at 01:56 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sindri, glances about at the fresco's and looks over at Raven and Wyrd.

"Just leave Raven with me. She can explain all this stuff while I'm getting unstuck." He waves at all of the rhing about hear.

The Eldest casts a glowing eye in the vender's direction.

"Sister's have him Held and then place him in a guest room for now. Make sure to have someone glaze the lock." She smiles over at you. "Well go on, Child."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, Eldest. *bows*

Wyrd, care to join me in seeing what that ship's about?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Wyrd, nods his/her head and both of you exit the temple.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

*We head to the docks*

(do we encounter anything of note in route? If not, what do we enounter when there?)
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As you make your way down towards the docks you find yourself swept up in a crowd headed in the same direction. It seems a lot of the common people are interested in the same thing you are. Once you find yourself at the docks you see the boat that he guard spoke of.

It is a massive ship with at least two floors of window-things. It's odd that the massive ship has no sails that you can see.

Spoiler
    Show
    spot check for more details. a Knowledge (Architecture and engineering) check could tell you more about the ship itself.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Looking around, Pielion is unusually observant, this despite his interest in the ship warranting his inspection of his copy of the book "Righting the Angles, Building the Towers."

(He returns his book to his pack when he is finished with it.)
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-01-24 at 02:39 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You note the Water-Warden's getting into their small skiffs to go over to the boat, but something makes you tense as you look at the boat. You are forced to pull out your books, and after a moment you find the page with the relevant page. A drawing of a ship seen in the western sea during a war between the Kingdoms of Dul Shel and another continent.

Broadside, Cannons...

Oh noes...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

whorelice, he curses under his breath.

Wyrd, that's a likely hostile warship. We have to warn the Wardens!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Pielion is far too distracted by the crowd and his growing concern to spot any Warden.

Wyrd, do you see a Warden we can warn?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Wyrd's eyes grow a little, not widen grow, and his/her hair goes white. If it's enough to get your normally calm self cursing, s/he begins rushing down the through crowds and as you watch s/he reform his/her face in flowing change that no one seems to note save you.

Wyrd gets to the docks proper and solders past the last of the civilians. S/he calls out for someone to help him/her, and points at you from a distance while talking fast to the guard.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

*Pielion follows Wyrd and meets the guard*
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-01-24 at 03:02 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

How Wyrd did this you have no idea the body press is insane and you can't get far there than fifteen feet every few moments. (Crowds are considered difficult terrain)

You see the guards coming towards you, maybe you can meet in the middle.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

(I figured that might happen)

*I try to meet the guard in the middle*
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It takes a few moments, but you you finally meet with the guard.

"The young man said you had some info on the mystery ship?" The guard asks, as he glances back at the skiffs that are currently signaling the ship.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

*nods*

Yes, sir. I believe that ship to be a warship similiar in design to ones used against kingdoms of this continent in the last intercontinental war. At least, it has desgin elements conisistent with such... and, a large number of guns.

*pulls out his book and shows him the relevant passage(s)*
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-01-24 at 03:23 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"The heck are 'guns'?" The guard says and takes a look at the book before muttering. "Thunder cannons... Oh Smite me, Gods." The guard turns toward the docks "EVERYONE OUT OF THE WAY! EMERGENCY!"

When the guard started yelling the people parted and you note something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

(What do I note?)
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You barely see the bottom windows open, but not to reveal Thunder Cannons. The holes begin leaking a strange green mist. The Wardens look like they may get caught in it when a man gestures with a staff. The Mist hits something invisible and stops it's advance.

Without even consulting your books you know what it is. Cloudkill, worse by the almost human way the spell is shrouding the port it's a bunch of Living Spell Cloudkills. A chill grips your spine. (Magic of Ebberon. Welcome to the Myst.)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Pielion yells as loudly as he can:

STAY CLEAR OF THOSE CLOUDS, THEY'RE DEADLY POSION!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

People look toward you after your statement and for a few moments there is not but silence. Then a peasant man runs full sprint from the crowd and like the flak of snow that sat wrong atop the mountain everything begins to crumble. Before another word is spoken dozens of commoners are rushing about with blind panic lighting their eyes.

Screams and pleas to over a dozen gods rend the air as you are swept up in the rapids of humanity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Balance Check, please.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Of the guard groups I see, which seems to be the most effective? How far away from me is that group?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You manage to keep your footing as the crowd surges, and pushes against you. Your eyes seek out the nearest guard unit, but they have been compromised in the worst of ways, a few of their men got caught in the initial surge and they are trying to recover those that are getting trampled.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

A peak inside Pielion's Mind:

Spoiler
    Show
    If I had had a couple months to prepare, a hundred archers at my command, and a dispel ward wand, I might be able to sink that ship with explosive rune-laced arrows. As it is, Wyrd and I will have to flee. Maybe I can give at least a few guards a better chance before I go.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-01-26 at 08:26 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrd, I don't think there's anything we can do here. We should flee to the temple to warn the Sisters and Sindri. Let's make haste!

*Cast Haste, Impromptu Extending it, affecting Wyrd, myself, and as many bystanders as I can get within 30ft of both of us.*

Then flees.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me: