New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Seizure of Silara IC

Dennisk stabs the droid again (standard), then cuts the power to his Jetpack (swift action), lands just inside the cockpit, and pulls his knife to a place where he can access it better (move action), in case he needs to drop his spear.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack
    (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage
    (1d8+6)[10]
    if crit
    (1d8+6)[12]
    Requiescat in pace. WELP, nevermind

Spoiler
    Show
    "Evacuate now? In our moment of triumph?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Malcolm Bright- Human Scout
    Dennisk Bri-yon, Bothan Scout/Soldier
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Geoffrey remembers the blaster cannons and decides to disable them first. He sees the ladders next to the boarding ramp and goes up one with Pointbreach drawn. When he gets to the top, he finds two droids and shoots the one defending the gunner.
    --
    Move action to climb the ladder
    Standard action to attack: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: (3d6+7)[21]

+1 atk, +1 dmg for point blank shot
    +1 atk, +1 die dmg from zero range
    +4 dmg from pulse-wave special quality w/in point blank range
    Last edited by Kydell; 2013-01-27 at 06:20 PM.

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    The Witchknife: a Psionic-less Soulknife
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Lenfrey Coyne, Ratfolk Sin Eater Inquisitor
    Mazer Mandrill, Gnome Saboteur Alchemist
    Ridley Rysewell, Half-Elf Carnivalist Rogue
    Star Wars Saga Edition
    Geoffrey Bears, Ryn Scoundrel

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

Dusk clambers up into the cockpit of the shuttle, poking his head out of the hatch, and takes a shot at a battle droid if he can see one, otherwise he'll just shoot the nearest droid.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+9)[18]
    damage: (3d8+8)[18]
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Inside the shuttle:

In the cupola, the droid gunner ignores the death of its guard, choosing instead to focus on the enemies it can see outside.

In the cockpit, the pilot crumples under a blaster shot , and the battle droid under a blow from a spear. The droid commander hoses down both of its attackers on automatic, dealing 9 damage to each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Inside the cockpit, Vo Dusk

"That all you got?" Vo grunts as the concentrated plasma singes his arm.

He returns fire at the droid commander.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+9)[28]
    damage: (3d8+8)[17]
    If the droid commander goes down this round, Dusk will make his way to the blaster turrets. If he doesn't, the mercenary will simply duck back down a rung or two down the ladder to get out of sight.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

EDIT: The below happens in the next combat round.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oww, that stings! Hey, new guy. He can shoot, but looks like we are on the same side for now-though it might be a ruse.

Dennisk, seeing that he has backup, elects not to get into melee. He advances a bit, and stabs from 10 ft with his trusty spear, assuming the commander has survived the mercenary's salvo.
    "Thanks for the aid, gunslinger. Nice shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack
    (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage
    (1d8+6)[14]

My reflex defense has returned to normal this round.

If the commander was downed before my attack, I instead get to the controls, open the ramp, and familiarize myself with the control scheme- thrusters, weapons, comm, everything. I especially look for a way to control the guns from the pilots chair.
    Last edited by Blaknic; 2013-01-28 at 12:15 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lucien
    Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if we need it but
    Initiative: (1d20)[11] + 5

Upon entering the dock, Lucien draws and ignites his lightsaber. Then, he quickly scans the room for signs of injured. If able, he'll move to the nearest with the intent to treat wounds when he's able.

Last edited by Pohtyatoh; 2013-01-28 at 01:09 AM. Reason: rolled in ooc

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koron Dloo arrives on scene and walks closer to his droid foes. A quick wave of his hand, as one droid on the ramp is tossed into another, trying to clear a path.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Object Damage - (6d6)[17]

"It was wrong to just surrender. Action truly can make a strong difference."
    Last edited by Amakule; 2013-01-28 at 06:47 AM.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #69

AssassinGuy

Por La charges forwards and summons the force, projecting it outwards as a massive blast. Five B1s hurl backwards, sparks flying, and crumple as they strike the walls or shuttle.

Maeve lights her saber and charges the remaining droids, effortlessly cutting them both down.

Kerere moves over to the two mercenaries cowering together behind the crates, and persuades them that they are doomed if they stay, and the shuttle is the safest place for them.

Spoiler
    Show
    -sigh-
    This is why I didn't want to adventure with Jedi in the party...

Looking around the battlefield, Lucien is horrified by the carnage. Almost all of the fallen he can see are clearly dead; the shuttle's cannons are not gentle. One mercenary is clearly not dead, as he is clutching a ruined leg and moaning; Lucien also recognises the armor of their clone companion lying prone behind some crates.

The shuttle's cannons bark death; based on their targets, you can conclude that having a lit lightsaber is not a safe course of action. The first one, aimed at Lucien, is a good way off target; however the second one strikes true. Maeve blocks the blast, but the explosion still throws her backwards. She retains her footing, but is clearly seriously, if not critically, injured.
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

10. - Top - End - #70

Inside the turret, Geoffrey steps up behind the gunner, places Pointbreach against it's head and pulls the trigger.
    --
    I'll take a free five foot step to reach him, and if that's not enough, I'll use my move action.
    Standard action to attack: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (3d6+7)[15]
    If I didn't use my move action, I'll use it here to get to and down the ladder as far as I can.

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lucien

Lucien moves to the still breathing merc and drags him to cover with one arm so that he may properly treat the leg wound. He keeps a firm grip on his lightsaber in his other hand should they come underfire on the way.

Spoiler
    Show

<Did that second cannon hit or did Maeve deflect it? They are lasercannons right?>
    <I'm attempting to move the Merc at L-9 to I-8.>

Treat Injury to heal damage:
    (1d20)[13] + 10

12. - Top - End - #72

AssassinGuy

In the cockpit, as the droid commander ducks under Dennisk's spear, it leaves an opening, and Vo Dusk quickly blasts it. As it collapses, he slides back down the ladder.

In the cupola, Geoffrey executes the gunner droid, and then also returns to the main deck. Together with the gunslinger, he prepares to assault the last turret.

Out in the hangar bay, Lucien drags the wounded mercenary behind cover and quickly patches the wound in his leg. The mercenary gives him a grateful smile and staggers to his feet, but he is still clearly badly hurt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Both of the shuttle's cannons have now stopped tracking targets, so those in the bay can do whatever they want (relatively) safely. However, warning klaxons continue to sound, and the shaking of the ship has only increased. Moving at more than half speed now requires a DC 15 balance check; if you fail it, you fall prone.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dennisk continues to familiarize himself with the controls of the shuttle and opens the ramp to let the rest of the party in, or just to facilitate access.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridian enters the hangar with his blaster ready in case of unexpected surprises. He carefuly inspects the place and then looks towards the Jedi, waiting for their desicion. It was already clear, that things were spinning out of control, and something was neede to be done with it
    Would someone care to explain, what's happening? - he asked, adressing no-one in particular
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

15. - Top - End - #75

With a grown Carud returns to the wakened world, the last thing Carud remember is firing at one of the droids and then what felt like a speeder truck and hot poker hitting him in the left side of his head,the left side of his face still felt like it was burning and felt swollen too, making it hard to see out of his left eye. it takes a moment for the fact that Carud no longer hears any blaster fire, but can still feel the rhythmic vibration of a ship under fire, with no clue as to how long he was out for, Carud unsteadily gets to his feet with his blaster in hand, and looks a round in a sort of sell shocked sort a way.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-01-29 at 04:41 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

Vo moves to secure the shuttle, blasting any droid opposition he finds.

As he passes the now open gangway, he'll yell to anyone in the hangar: "Come on! We haven't got all day!"

Spoiler
    Show
    atk: (1d20+9)[27]
    dmg: (3d8+8)[15]

If you want to say we just mop up the rest of the droids with the Jedi's help, I'm more than happy to end combat.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koron Dloo runs inside the entrance to the shuttle and calls out, hoping that the cockpit was under control, "Contact the federation freighter, and tell them to cease fire! The jedi are here and willing to surrender. Negotiate us delivering them peacefully." That ship should have never needed to open fire. Koron looks around to see Carud getting to his feet. Hopefully he'll have some answers as to what happened here.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78

AssassinGuy

The Jedi, and all of the surviving mercenaries, run for the cover of the shuttle. As they enter, Por La briefly braces himself at the base of the cupola ladder, then leaps up, landing acrobatically among the falling remains of the two droids.

Spoiler
    Show
    So that you don't have to all say you get on the shuttle before we can continue, I here assume that everyone runs aboard the shuttle.

The Jedi join Dennisk on the command deck as he opens a channel to the capital ship, and preps the shuttle for takeoff.

"This is Captain Nav'ran. To whom am I speaking?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

....is this thing on? okay...

Denissk clears his throat.

Hello, Captain. I am called Dennisk, and I part of the group of soldiers of fortune who, in fear for our lives, attacked and captured this shuttle. I am making this call due to a change in events that I thought you should be...informed of. You see, the Jedi have decided to surrender in the interest of the lives of the civilians on-board this vessel. They request that you cease fire, and have requested that I negotiate for passage to your quite impressive ship.

(OOC: Nothing I said there was a lie, or even really deceptive, so I don't think I need to make a deception check.)

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

20. - Top - End - #80

AssassinGuy

"Dennisk, you said? It is unfortunate that you decided to take the shuttle, but impressive that you and your men managed to against a full squad of battle droids. We will, of course, have to confirm the identities of the Jedi before we can release the cruiser; however, for now, I will give the order to cease fire. A tractor beam will lock onto this shuttle once you exit the freighter, and guide you to a landing bay, where I will be waiting to take the Jedi off your hands."

"However, there is a risk that this is a Jedi ruse. Know that if it is, you and your crew, as well as the lives on the cruiser, will be forfeit. Also due to this, we will continue to destroy any and all escape pods which are launched, so if you care for the lives of the people on the freighter, I suggest that you hurry."

As you exit the freighter, a horrific sight meets your eyes. The battleship lies at rest immediately above its hapless prey, and seems undamaged. The freighter has not fared well in the engagement; her shields have failed completely, and great rents have been torn in her hull. Clouds of debris surround the ship, testament to the scores of escape pods which have attempted to launch; even as you watch, the battleship's point defence cannons destroy another. Squads of vulture droids circle the freighter at a greater distance, apparently waiting to pick off any pods which should, by some fluke, evade the battleship's weaponry.

21. - Top - End - #81

Carud who had been standing, well more leaning against the back bulkhead of the cockpit or he'd was sure to fall down other wise, looked out at the carnage that his actions had caused and cursed, Osi'kyr! meg'nar ni ani!!.

((OOC: basic translation: Oh Poodoo what have i done.))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-01-30 at 02:07 AM.

Character links

22. - Top - End - #82

OoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry that I haven't been posting. Lots of events Havrok wouldn't do a lot in but watch, and I've been very occupied. I did not honestly expect things to happen so fast. Hopefully, I'll be picking up post rate. Really intrigued in the turn of events this game is taking so early on in the game.

Havrok puts enough pieces together and boarded the shuttle. Despite the possibility of suicidal bounty hunters and mercs being on this flight, he hopes to follow the guns-blazing group to excitement on the planet below - or wherever they're going! This is exactly the situation he left home to experience. Once on the shuttle, he searches for places to stow himself, should the need arise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to search the shuttle (1d20+10)[24]
    Keeping in mind Phase and Cloak when searching for a suitable hiding place.
    Most excellent custom avatar by Kymme!

23. - Top - End - #83

Geoffrey sits in the cargo hold against the wall, hoping nothing more goes wrong. 'Make sure the captain of the cruiser knows not to release any escape pods!' he shouts into the cockpit, 'The last thing we need is more death.'
    Last edited by Kydell; 2013-01-30 at 04:17 AM.

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridian runs into the shuttle in the last moment. Seeing, that nobody cared to answer his question, he decide tojust follow his mentor. Once in the shuttle, he hides himself somewhere near the engine room and awaits further action in meditation.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealth (1d20+14)[29]
    Use the Force to *search my feelings* for this assault on shuttle - DC15 passed automatically
    Use the Force to *sence Force* for Force users in 100 km's - (1d20+14)[16]
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

It would be my pleasure, Captain. Taking off presently, I look forward to meeting you soon.

Dennisk signs off the communicator, then closes the ramp and preps the shuttle for space flight and calls down the hatch:

Anybody else on here, we are lifting off now. Please man all stations- we'll need two gunners, a shield operator, and a co-pilot-an engineer would be helpful, too, if we have enough men. I don't expect to have the opportunity to fight, and I don't want to, but I don't want to be caught with our pants down, either, and I'd like to at least put on a good show before we go down in the event of a fight.

So saying, Dennisk diverts power to the engines, and lifts off once people are in position. The ship felt happily familiar to his old LAAT-i, and he smoothly guided it out of the hanger, where he felt the tractor beam wrest control of his ship from him. He resignedly pulls his hands from the ship's controls and waits for the tractor beams to guide her into the docking bay, hoping that the Jedi thought it was worth it.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk hopped into one of the turrets.

"Sure would have liked to use this to blast away those droids, but, here's hoping I don't have to pull the trigger," he said.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #87

Carud take the copilot's seat to help out.

Character links

28. - Top - End - #88

Geoffrey walks to the cockpit and sits in the shield operator's seat, wincing at the sight of the battlefield, 'I'll take care of shields.'

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

29. - Top - End - #89

AssassinGuy

A couple of the mercenaries who are tagging along with you scamper up the ladder to the other cannon, and await further orders.

As the shuttle glides towards the cruiser, one of the Jedi activates the communicator and begins a frantic exchange with the freighter's captain. In the end, given that he is no longer under fire, he agrees to lock down the escape pods again, but he takes some convincing.

Despite the tension in the air, the ride to the cruiser is completely peaceful. The tractor beam guides you into a bay set into one arm of the massive battleship, in which you see an army assembled to meet you. A human stands at the front, with a neimoidian to his left. The pair is flanked by a quartet of MagnaGuards. Battle droids and super battle droids, interspersed with droideka and droids with heavier weapons, have formed into a half-circle around the place where the shuttle is to land, and although they are not aiming directly at the shuttle or its occupants, they manage to exude an aura of menace.

As the shuttle enters the bay, it is released from the tractor beam, and Dennisk guides it down to a flawless landing at the indicated point. The human, presumably captain Nav'ran, waits patiently for the shuttle to open, and the Jedi to step out. They are politely requested to surrender their lightsabers, which they do, and to permit themselves to be shackled, which they do.

The neimoidian then steps forwards, producing a strange device from within the folds of his robe. He holds it up to each of the Jedi in turn, and looks satisfied when it beeps each time. That done, he returns to the captain and quietly confers with him.

The captain nods once, then... "Open fire."

Blaster fire fills the air, and the Jedi stagger back and collapse under the countless impacts; blaster fire continues to pour into their fallen bodies. At length, the captain seems satisfied, and holds up his hand. Immediately, the firing ceases. Most of the droids disperse; the neimoidian departs; and a trio of droids emerge from the crowd and begin to drag the corpses away. The captain, still flanked by his guards, issues orders that the freighter be released.

Then he turns to Dennisk and smiles pleasantly.

"Thank you for your assistance with this matter. Do you have a moment to discuss some business?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Given that Dennisk has, up till now, presented himself as the leader of the mercenaries, I assumed he would come outside the shuttle. If anyone else has done so, please tell me (IC or OOC).

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Even after all he had seen in the war, Dennisk still had to stop himself from flinching at the massacre in front of him. He maintained control of his face, though, like a good Bothan, and remembered his role-and his mission.

"I always have time for business."
    He replies in a reasonable and smooth tone.
    "How may I be of service?"

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters: