New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Seizure of Silara IC

The captain smiles. Calmly, as though he were discussing drink selection at a dinner party, he begins to talk.

"If it would not have been costly to us, you would have died here with the Jedi. The fact that you took the shuttle indicates some degree of competence, but that would not have mattered, in the long run."

"As it stands now, there is absolutely no reason that I should let you live. It would cost me nothing to order the point defence cannons to fire, at point blank range, as you flew out of the docking bay."

"I will spare your lives, and permit you to keep the shuttle - taking it back would be difficult in any case - but I will want a favor in exchange."

He folds his arms and stares at you, appraising your reactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Name your price, then, Captain.

Dennisk says, appreciative of the immense firepower at the human's command and more than a little disgusted at how easy he was finding it to play mercenary.
    Last edited by Blaknic; 2013-01-31 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Grammer
    Requiescat in pace. WELP, nevermind

Spoiler
    Show
    "Evacuate now? In our moment of triumph?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Malcolm Bright- Human Scout
    Dennisk Bri-yon, Bothan Scout/Soldier
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

Vo listens in from the turret.

Good, looks like we can still get paid, heheheh.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #94

AssassinGuy

"Good, good. Now then, my proposition is simple. I am in charge of the search for the refugee King. However, all I have been given to search with are droids."

"My terms are simple. I will provide you with whatever help you reasonably desire; you will find the renegade and bring him to justice."

"I currently have a team working on his last known hideout. Why don't you rendezvous with them. Here are the coordinates, and a way to contact me. I shall inform them to expect you."

He hands you a datapad, then turns to leave. A few steps later, he turns back.

"I will be able to contact you via the shuttle. If you disable the radio, or in any other way prevent me from contacting you, I will assume that you have fled, and I will come after you. Dismissed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dennisk turns around, gets into the shuttle, and takes off, headed for the coordinates he was given (assuming that nobody has anything else that they want to do.) Once in space...
    Carud, can you take helm for a while? I want to see exactly what this little ship is made of. Also, she needs a name- anybody have any ideas?

Dennisk hands off the controls, and carefully searches the ship, taking all the time he needs looking for mechanical capabilities, any possible problems, and anything else of interest- hidden compartments, electronic bugs, anything.

(OOC: I take 20 on a search check of the entire craft, looking for electronic bugs, hidden compartments, and determining the capabilities of the craft to the best of my ability. Taking 20, I get a perception check of 20+10 = 30)

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

"Hey skippy, can I have a word with you?" Dusk asked Dennisk as he strode by the turret, falling into step with him.

"I don't trust that captain, the guy was laughin' about something," he said, once they were alone, "probably laughin' about us, and how stupid we are, and how he's gonna wax us just like he did those Jedi, once we do his dirty work for him."

"Just keep yer eyes, and yer options, open, 'sall I'm saying," he added.

"By the way, name's Dusk, Vo Dusk," he said, stopping and holding out a hand.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bri-yon, Dennisk Bri-yon.
    Dennisk says, taking Dusk's hand for a quick, firm shake.
    And I am afraid my options are pretty limited- My loyalties have been placed long ago. There is some information that I think everybody needs to hear, especially if they plan on traveling with us. First, this shuttle has a few redundant tracking beacons on it. I, or somebody else, could remove them pretty easily, but that would let the good Captain know that we know about them, and might be seen as a sign of defiance. We should wait to disable them until an appropriate time. Second- to the best of my knowledge and ability to search, there are no visual or audio recording devices planted on this shuttle- it should be safe to talk so far as we keep the radio off. Third-I don't trust the Captain either, and I am not sure he will wait until we have done his job to off us. It would be in our best interests, I think, if we were to 'die' at some point. He says he'll come after us, but he's going after the King, too, and he needs us for that. It is a big planet, after all, and disappearing isn't hard. I think we should play along for now, but soon, things may change. Oh, and Dusk, great to meet you. This should be an exciting ride.

Dennisk isn't sure how much to tell these people- the mission, his status as a Republic Agent, who the rest of the team is-anything. He decides to talk to the remnants of the original squad first. They need more men, especially with the Jedi dead, and these fighters seemed competent, extraordinarily so for mercenaries, but they were just that-mercenary. How would he know if one of them sold out the mission-and the King? That reminds him- he needs to contact his controller, let the Republic know what happened. They'd probably give up on the mission, with the Jedi dead- Silara isn't big enough for two teams, let alone a fleet- but Dennisk wasn't ready to call it quits yet. If he couldn't make any progress, he thought, surely the Republic could at spare a Citadel Cruiser for evac of the squad.
    Last edited by Blaknic; 2013-01-31 at 10:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridian appeared from one of the access panel with his hands up - a rather bad idea, considering, what happened to the last surrendering creatures - but still, it was his best bet. Of course, there was no death - only the Force, but Vi really didn't wanted to check for himself THAT part of the code - there was enough Jedi deathes for today. Still, sooner or later, he had to deal with those mercs, as well as the Republic soldiers, and he preferred to show up, then to be found.
    Err, hi guys. I kinda caught a ride, when all the shooting started, and I was wondering - maybe I can be a bit useful for you? Well I understand, it's a little strange, but what choise do I have now? You can take my blaster and comlink, if you suspect anything...oh, by the way, the name's Vi - the padawan mostly played idiot for the unrelated mercs - he was sure, that the republic agent and fellow padawan will recognize him, and hoped, the former will think of something to avoid suspicion.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decieve check just in case (1d20+9)[27]
    Stealth check to conseal the lightsaber (1d20+14)[34] - omg, nat 20
    Last edited by Fearan; 2013-01-31 at 10:25 PM.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

"Why would we take your blaster and comlink?" Vo asked.

"Let me rephrase that... you can keep your blaster if you know how to use it," he added with a smirk.

He turned back to Dennisk.

"Dennisk huh, alright, nice to meet you," Vo said.
    "Pretty handy with that spear, got loyalties already? That's fine by me. I happen to be in the market for an employer. Maybe you can put in a good word when all's said and done."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-01 at 12:23 AM.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dusk's got it right, hold on to your gear- from the looks of things, we just might need another blaster. Vi, you said? Welcome aboard, Vi.

Dennisk was impressed at how well the Padawan acted. Heck, he felt like he had never seen him before, after that bit of talking. He just hoped that the rest of his team-mates could keep their mouths shut that well, at least until they had the measure of their new crewmembers.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

11. - Top - End - #101

Dennisk: Carud, can you take helm for a while? I want to see exactly what this little ship is made of. Also, she needs a name- anybody have any ideas?

OK but make sure your back by in time for landing Because i doubt i can land this bird in my condition, i can barley see out my left eye.

((OOC: intil i rest for 8 hours, or get some medical help -10 to all skill checks))
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground

Standing in the cargo bay of the assault shuttle is a gaunt-faced male Ryn with short hair, long eyebrows, ashen-brown skin and yellow-green eyes in dark eye sockets. He wears a white durafiber vest with a pale yellow sleeved shirt, grey spacers trousers and russet bantha fur boots. On his thigh and below his left arm are two pistols.

'Does anyone here really want to work for this piece of s***? It's hard enough to have lost so many people, we don't need to die as well. I don't belong on a leash held by the federation.'

'Also, my name is Geoffrey Bears.'

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    The Witchknife: a Psionic-less Soulknife
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Lenfrey Coyne, Ratfolk Sin Eater Inquisitor
    Mazer Mandrill, Gnome Saboteur Alchemist
    Ridley Rysewell, Half-Elf Carnivalist Rogue
    Star Wars Saga Edition
    Geoffrey Bears, Ryn Scoundrel

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

"Well Bears, I don't particularly want to work for them, but they seem to be the only ones hiring, and they _do_ have the option of blowing us to space dust," Dusk replied, "at the current moment, anyway, so it seems our choices are a bit limited, ya know?"

"And as for so many people dyin' ya can blame the Jedi for not surrenderin' right away, and some poor sap who started the firefight in the hangar," Dusk said, "who was then gunned down, may he, and the Jedi, for that matter, rest in peace. So it's kinda tough to take it up with either of them."

"Oh, and the Confed tin cans for starting the whole thing and doing the actual gunning, let's not forget them," he adds, "but like I said before, they've got the space dust option, so what's say we take it up with them later, eh?"
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-01 at 07:11 AM.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #104

'Well I have a few ideas about that, but we can talk about it planetside. Anybody know anything about this king business?

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, here's what I've heard. This dump was once an independent system, ruled by a popular king- maybe they got a set-up like Naboo, I don't know. Some confederate general decides that farming planets are the new black, and breaks off from the fleet to take it over, declares himself a warlord, and is now kicking back. From what I can tell, the Republic wants to protect its own interests first, the CIS can't spare the troops to fight their own, and the people want their king back-which is probably how he is hiding so well. Heck, there is probably a movement to get the man back on the throne, planetside. Finding out about them should be our first move after we make this rendezvous, whether to hunt the King or to kick the shutta warlord back into space.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

16. - Top - End - #106

'So where does this captain come in? Is he the warlord? If not, why is he looking for the deposed king?'
    Last edited by Kydell; 2013-02-01 at 02:33 PM.

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

"Right," Vo said, "does anyone know the relationship between the CIS captain and the warlord? Are they skirmishing with each other, working together, ignoring each other?"

"Then again, I guess we could just go down to the planet and ask someone," he added, hooking his thumbs into his belt and leaning against a bulkhead.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-01 at 08:54 PM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

My guess is that they are on the same team. Planet's too small for two warlords, I think he'd just go conquer his own backwater farming planet. If he's got ambition, he may coup eventually, but I don't think we are seeing that now. As far as there being more info planetside, you are probably right.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

"Right then, let's get going, unless anyone else has anything to say?" Vo said.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Ready as you are - Vi replied with a rather detached tone. After his introduction to the merc team he just sat somewhere, where he wouldn't get in the way and stared into something distant. Guy looked somewhat sad, yet he looked struggling to hide his sadness under the mask of tough guy
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dennisk finishes his search of the ship- looks up to specs, to him, though the two trackers bothered him, and he'd need to find time to remove the droid rack- no way he was going to let them put battle droids on his ship- but he decided that the ship was, in a word, fine.

Dennisk climbs back to the cockpit, prepping the ship for landing.
    Thanks, Carud. I've got her from here.
    Hey, anybody have name ideas? I'm thinking Fearless. Or maybe Audacity.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

22. - Top - End - #112

Yeah How about Sheer Insanity, for the name say Carud as he hand over the controls.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-02-02 at 03:40 PM.

Character links

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koron can't manage to sit still, walking around the ship with no intent. His mind is focused on the feeling he got when his master died. He searched for there to be more, a further presence of her within the force, finding nothing. Koron could not understand the will of the force, but he went on. Things would become clear with meditation. Unfortunately, his mind was ablaze with stress, and he could not center himself to meditate.

Koron continued his wandering into the cockpit, "I'll agree with Carud on this one. A perfect definition of everything that's happened leading up to this ship."
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dennisk chuckles.
    Heh, I like it. Sheer Insanity she is. Good news is, it will probably be perfectly descriptive in the future, too.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

25. - Top - End - #115

When Carud exits the cockpit, Geoffrey pulls him aside and asks, 'Do you need some help with that wound? I have a medkit on me, and I could do something, although you'll need to seek the help of a professional.'
    Last edited by Kydell; 2013-02-02 at 04:50 PM.

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Blaknic View Post
    Dennisk chuckles.
    Heh, I like it. Sheer Insanity she is. Good news is, it will probably be perfectly descriptive in the future, too.
    Yes, and in a way it how i got my name too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kydell View Post
    When Carud exits the cockpit, Geoffrey pulls him aside and asks, 'Do you need some help with that wound? I have a med kit on me, and I could do something, although you'll need to seek the help of a professional.'

thank you Geoffrey,
    say Carud as he removes his damaged helmet for the first time since the fight, revealing a badly burned ans swollen left eye area.

Character links

27. - Top - End - #117

Geoffrey slightly winces at the sight of Carud's damaged eye. 'I'll see what I can do about this. Hold still.

Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury:
    (1d20+3)[4]

'I forgot to tell you thanks for that distraction back there. If you hadn't, it's likely I'd have ended up looking much like yourself.'

'This is beyond my skill, I'm afraid.'
    Last edited by Kydell; 2013-02-02 at 08:39 PM.

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

28. - Top - End - #118

I still appreciate the attempt, once we land i look forr a doctor.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-02-02 at 07:33 PM.

Character links

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

"Hey Bears," Vo said, spying the Ryn attempting to treat one of the wounded, "who do you got there, I thought we met every-"

Dusk caught sight of Carud and recognition clicked in his mind.

"You survived?" he said, with a mix of incredulity and awe.

"Vo Dusk," he said, once Carud was sitting up, "pleased to meet, you, ya crazy gundark."

Dusk smirked.

"Let me see what we can do about that eye," Dusk said, "can't have you without depth perception, you might _actually_ get yourself killed instead of just trying. Bears, gimme a hand, if you would."

Spoiler
    Show
    treat injury: [roll0]
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #120

Yeah thanks, names Carud Darfett, but just call me Carud. Answers Carud with a smirke also.

Character links