New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoi Chummers IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Hoi Chummers IC

With the dull thumping subsided; Mercurial's drummer notwithstanding, Neimand manages to settle in and relax on one of the sofas. All things considered, the woman's music wasn't so much ear-torture as he made out (still not his flavor though...). He is surprisingly sad when the waitress comes to take them back stage. The bourbon was just kicking in... shame.

Thankful for the silence when the door closes, Neimand takes a chair on the far wall and listens to McCallister lay out the job. Accepting the file, he skims it for relevant information; names, dates, known associates, flight info, data on the people she is supposed to meet, ...

It seems Ms. Craig has fallen into a spot of trouble... I noticed some things missing from your file; namely who employs Ms. Craig. I'm sure they would prefer to remain anonymous but, as you well know, extractions are part and parcel to any corporate environment. Withholding this information makes the task considerably more difficult... and expensive. I'm not saying it cannot be done; just clarifying the particulars. It also doesn't specify Ms. Craig's living arrangements. Did she have an apartment here in Seattle? Friends? Known associates? Having access to some of her belongings would certainly speed things along...

Lastly, and, not to be indelicate but, all things being equal is it more important to return the woman or the objects she brought with her?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Standing near the door they came through, Hiro leans against the wall, crossing his arms and listening intently. Job haggling was never his strong suit, after all. Ad, he could feel his high ebbing. He mentally kicked himself for trying to pocket that gun before this meeting...stupid, stupid, stupid! Always so damn jumpy and impulsive! Idiot. he swallows nervously, and try's to focus on the conversation in the room.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

In reply to 9, MacCallister says "As you might have noticed, the data we have on Ms. Craig is rather sparse. I was of the belief that you're rather good at finding things out. Plus, the world might have changed a lot since I've been doing this, but I'm sure the team still likes to have some backup on the Matrix."

To Neimand, "Difficulty is part of this life, chummer. They call me, I call you, you do the job, and nobody knows anything later. I'm sure if you can find where she was staying, you can find some of her stuff. The one that called me seemed more interested in finding the person rather than the belongings."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"Makes sense, alright." Looking over the picture 9 thinks for a moment. "A reverse image search should give us a blog, or an account on some social network or even a news report. We should start with SeaTac, a couple of bribes or some hacking will get us some video records. With luck she was abducted there, or got a taxi, the former will allow us to track the plates, the latter will tell us where she got off."

9 looks over the schedual again. "Nothing here that's helpful. But, I might be able to recover who she was meeting with."
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

5. - Top - End - #65

Neimand looks about the room and weighs the crew McCallister has assembled; dirty female human youngling, an awakened orc, two human men, and himself ... and a machine that thought it was a person ...

... time to make the donuts...

Well... he begins. It seems we have all we're going to get and as time is of the essence so, unless anyone has anything further..., we should be on our way. Wouldn't want the trail to get cold... Who's mobile and do you have room for 5 passengers .. well, 4 anyway.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Pit-Stop slumps into the backstage area: now shes had her smokes, she snook out back for a few, shes much less jittery. Calm and collected she seems almost bored as she sits in the back of the meeting.

She doesn't say much or ask any questions: till of course Neimand asks who is mobile.

S'pose tha's my job,
    She smiles widely
    She's parked in an alley out back, deffo room f'r y's lot.

Cocking her head she surveys the group.
    Thou' a' cant be the only one that drives can a'?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Saito looks up from his display.

"There is not much information to go off, as I am sure you know. But, I am confidant it is enough for a team of this calibre to work with."

Saito clicks off his commlink display and looks McCallister in the eye.

"There are potential issues, however. You don't know why she disappeared; you seem to be assuming some misfortune has befallen her, or that she was abducted, but it is possible she is fleeing of her own accord. As your client clearly wishes for discretion, we do not have access to sufficient information to rule out this possibility. Finding a missing person is one task. Finding a potential mage who may not wish to be found- and returning her safely to you- is another task entirely. It is more dangerous, and more costly in terms of the resources we must expend. I am sure a man of your experience knows this to be true."

Saito continues, his voice reasonable, level, polite.

"There is also an implied urgency. Are we working to a deadline? Your clients presumably want her and her valuables safely located sooner rather than later, yes?"

He pockets his commlink, glancing back to the others, giving off body language that implies he has their support, even if he doesn't. "As such, I do not think the offered compensation is sufficient. We are definitely the people for the job; as we aptly demonstrated by how quickly we resolved the unpleasant situation with the gunman, we are all capable professionals, and we began working as a unit very quickly upon meeting each other. Once this small issue of payment is resolved, we can start work immediately. Otherwise, I will not take up more of your valuable time; you will be seeking one or more replacements on short notice, and so will doubtless wish to begin looking immediately." he says, courteously, giving a slight bow of the head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Negotiation for MOAR NUYEN, spending Edge to increase dice pool, sixes explode.

(7d6)[6][3][5][3][1][3][5](26)

Rolls for exploding dice, if needed: (7d6)[5][2][4][6][6][2][2](27)

Spoiler
    Show
    Current health: 11/11 phys, 10/12 stun (2 drain)
    Commlink Status: Public, broadcasting "Shadowrunner" SIN (Jun Saito, freelance mage)
    Armor: 5/3
    Status Effects: Counterspell 4 on the team.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Hiro smiles and nods a bit overmuch at Pit-Stop. "Got my own wheels, I can follow, but where we headed first exactly? Airport?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

"That would be the best place to start, yes. Mind if I hitchhike on a commlink? In the meantime, I'll see if I can dig anything out of that schedual."

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

MacCallister sighs. "Hah, you drive a hard bargain. Well, I can't argue with what you said. This is a rush job job somebody who might not want to be found. I can offer you an extra thousand each, but that's it. I can probably get the money from the guy higher up the food chain, but anymore than that and it'll probably start cutting into my fee. For that much though, they'll be expecting good work though, so ka?"

The meetings at 0900 and 1300 reveal [Dad] and [L. N!!#za^%e] respectively.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Hiro raises an eyebrow and nods appreciatively at Saito, with a smirk.

"9, you can ride with me, I suppose."

Spoiler
    Show
    Current health: 12/12
    Commlink Status: Passive, broadcasting SIN: "Hiro Musahi-Kroner"
    Armor: 10/8
    Status Effects: Novacoke (+1 Reaction, Perception, Charisma, High Pain Tolerance 1; 1 hour)
    Last edited by kind_of_a_ROBOT; 2013-02-05 at 06:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks. I managed to get something out of the boot memory, the 9:00 meeting was with her Father. the 13:00 meeting was corrupted, and I couldn't get anything off the 14:00 one. I might be able to uncorrupt the 13:00 meeting info, but don't bet on it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Software + Logic:
    (10d6)[4][2][1][1][2][4][5][3][4][6](32)

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

13. - Top - End - #73

Neimand watches the interaction between the orcs, duly impressed with Saito's negotiating skills. ... take notes, Isidor... When Saito looks in their direction, Neimand nods approval.

Once outside and approaching Pit-Stop's ride he turns to the orc "For a tall-folk, Sie haben die moxie..."

When Pit-stop... stops in front of the Citymaster Neimand begins to think he is out of his league. "Nice ride..." he says "Before we split up let's get some comms info." Niemand beams one of his disposable comms to the group. Once he has their info, he climbs into the transport. "9, I have a second disposable that you are welcome to. Now that that is out of the way I think I'll slip into something more comfortable..." he says and climbs to the back of the vehicle. Reaching into his satchel, Neimand pulls out a roll of clothing which, when unfolded, looks like a child's business suit. He closes his eyes and takes a deep, cleansing breath. As he does, he seems to shrink behind the seat. "AAahhhh... much better" comes a high-pitched voice. There is a rustle of clothing and a small man hops up on the seat. Roughly a meter tall with white hair and a full beard, he smiles up at the group. "So... on to business...

The first order as I see it is tracking down 'dad' and then getting as much from the airport as we can. In all likelihood, Dad has some personal effects we can use to track Ms. Craig. Hopefully there is footage of her abduction/departure that will give us some insight as to who she is wrapped up with. 9, can you wrangle an address for dad? Also, can you handle the airport or will you need meat backup there?
    "

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Pit-Stop smiles proudly as she introduces the group to her baby.
    Team... Meet Alice.
    She pops the side door and allowed them to climb inside.

The interior is setup like a mobile home:
    At the front are two large chairs for the driver and first passenger, the driver with a steering wheel both with a joystick and an impressive array of buttons.
    Behind that are four swivel chairs on tracks in the floor allowing them to be moved around.

As the group enter her ride she comes alive, speaking more in a few moments than she has yet said in the entire time they have been in her company.

Defence! We got an inch a' plate keep ya safe'n'sound, we got four wheel drive, we go surround sensors, run flats, grease spray, nitro injection, smoke and sheer determination!

Offence Bertha's up there and Tinkers in the front.
    She bangs on a large cylinder jutting into the interior in the middle of the ceiling and then points to the dash.
    Gun ports on each side, sharp sticks and harsh language!

As the gnome pulls out a set of clothes and says he wishes to change she interrupts her verbal eruption.

Theres a small toilet over there, privacy if you want to change like.

She falls back in her drivers seat before pulling a lever, the chair slides backwards onto a rail and she moves it over towards the other chairs.
    Knocking a button on the floor with the heel of her boot a table collapses upwards from the floor between all the chairs.

Home sweet home.
    Last edited by Psymple; 2013-02-06 at 11:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

As the team loads into the van, an Afro-descended dwarf walks up. With a trace of a Quebecois accent, he says. "Hold up there, my runner friends. I've got some work you might be interested in hearing about. My name is Laurent Nazaire, and I think you're likely already involved in what I want done."

Discord Tag #4097

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Saito nods to the fixer as he stands to leave. "Wakatta. We will contact you shortly with our progress." He supplies his comm-ID to everyone present, making sure to note down MacCallister's, too, and then heads out with the rest of the team.

He nods appreciatively to 9 at the information about the meetings. "This data, does it appear to have been censored by our employer? Or more likely someone else?"

He raises his eyebrow as the human mage changes both clothing and species before him. I suppose we all have our masks. It is strange. I might die among these gaijin, and never know their true names, nor they mine. He smiles back at the gnome. "It is good to meet the real you, Neimand-san. Yes. It is only proper that someone speak to the girls father."

He looks around inside Pitstop's van, curious. Does the woman live in here, then? "Thank you for inviting us into your home. It looks sturdy, well-protected. You installed these furnishings yourself?"

When the dwarf approaches, Saito falls silent, quietly appraising him. He waits to see how the others react.

Spoiler
    Show
    Current health: 11/11 phys, 10/12 stun (2 drain)
    Commlink Status: Public, broadcasting "Shadowrunner" SIN (Jun Saito, freelance mage)
    Status Effects: Counterspell 4 on the team.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Hiro follows along with rest off the group, whistling when he sees Pit-Stop's ride. He pokes his head in as the rest of the team gets settled, and briefly realizes how exposed his bike makes him, even with an inch of armor under the skin. Oh well, hopefully this job would lead to a few more and he could afford some real combat upgrades...and not just for the bike!

Hiro's hand went subconciously to his temple as he could feel a headache coming on. The show was great. The meeting with McCallister even better. And, man! That real bourbon! But now, he wished for all the world he had remembered to toss some painkillers in his pocket along with that little orange bottle. He actually hoped he wouldn't need to break that drek out...he was beginning to slip into a brief bought of the dreaded self-questioning, when he heard the accented speech behind him.

He turns suddenly and stares down at the dwarf, curiously. "Oh? And how's that, chummer?" he asks suspiciously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Current health: 12/12
    Commlink Status: Passive, broadcasting SIN: "Hiro Musahi-Kroner"
    Armor: 10/8
    Status Effects: Novacoke (+1 Reaction, Perception, Charisma, High Pain Tolerance 1; 30 minutes or so)
    Last edited by kind_of_a_ROBOT; 2013-02-06 at 09:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Niemand pauses at the Dwarf's approach, war of anyone brazen enough to approach a group looking like this openly. "Speak fast chummer, we're on the clock."

Spoiler
    Show
    Current health: 8/8 phys, 11/9 stun (2 drain)
    Commlink Status: Public, broadcasting "Niles Stapier"
    Status Effects: Shapeshifted[Human]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Laurent hands over a business card. "I represent the Atlantean Foundation. We have an interest in Ms. Fiona Craig. Well, not an interest in her, but rather what she was carrying. It is a fist sized chunk of obsidian. My organization is willing to pay you 2000, each, for the successful recovery of the item."

Discord Tag #4097

20. - Top - End - #80

Niemand accepts the card, looking it over while considering. "Well Mr. Laurent... I'm afraid you are an hour late and a nuyen short. We have already contracted for a job. A man can't serve two masters; I'm sure you understand..."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, I would never ask you to do such a thing. I can surmise that you have been hired to find Ms.Craig, but as I said, I am not at all interested in her, but rather what she was carrying. I can also assure that the man financing your job through Mr. MacCallister has little interest in the object Ms.Craig had, but a good deal of interest in finding the woman herself. All I am offering you is a chance to make a good deal of money on the side, and ensure everyone gets what they want. You see, the stone is ours after all."

Discord Tag #4097

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Saito steps forward.

"We will consider your proposal. If the stone is your property, we will of course make sure it is returned to you. Please supply me with your comm details, and I will contact you once the stone is found."

Saito dutifully takes down the man's number.

"May I ask how you knew about this meeting and our mission? Do you have any further information about the woman who has it, or her schedule, would assist us in tracking down your property?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

As Neimand and Saito ambush the man with questions and answers, Hiro simply raises and eyebrow and grins to himself. In no time this job went from 3,000 to a possible 6,000! I don't care who this guy is, if we can find the rock, its his. He crosses his meat arm over his chrome one and leans against the side of the citymaster, watching the rest of the exchange Mr. Laurent silently.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

"When Ms. Craig missed our meeting yesterday, I became concerned. So, I took to listening in on some other people that might be concerned regarding her whereabouts. Sure enough, her father contacted MacCallister, asking for his assistance in this matter. So, I knew the time of the meeting, and I quickly determined the where, leading me to be right here at the right time. Ms. Craig is simply a researcher, one who was contracted to bring an item to us, and has not done so. She is not the type of person to run off with another person's property, so I believe it is safe to assume that some ill fortune has befallen her. The only part of her schedule that concerned me was our meeting, so I know little beyond that."

Discord Tag #4097

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Saito nods.

"MacCallister seemed to believe the same about her. If you are correct that this woman has not already sold the artifact, we will recover it; but it may prove difficult to locate if she is a collector and has any similar objects. Can you describe it? Ideally, I would like to learn its astral signature from you. And is it delicate, or dangerous, or triggered by anything but deliberate intent?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Larent shrugs and puts his hands out, palms up. "I know little about it. That is why Ms. Craig was directed to retrieve it. My organization wishes to find out more about the object."

Discord Tag #4097

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Saito bows.

"Then we will do our best to locate the object for you, Larent-san. I will contact you personally as soon as we have a lead."

Saito turns to go, stepping into the van.

"We are ready to leave. Ms Pitstop, would you allow me or Niemand to cast a Ward upon your van? It would prevent astral eavesdroppers or dual-natured intruders."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Listening in on the conversation, 9 thought about what was said. "We're not going anywhere, not yet. If the Dwarf said what I think he said, then McAllister knows more about our employer than he's letting on. Wait here till I get back."

9 leaves the commlink he was on and reenters the node he accessed prior, using the programme as needed. "Mr MacAllister, I say this with the utmost respect. But where in this god forsaken city is Miss Craig's father? I know he was the one that hired you, so telling me where he is will save an awful lot of time."

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Pit-shrugs at the man's question clearly out of her depth when it comes to magic wards.

Erm... Sure s'pose... don't need to help or owt do a'?
    Cos I really d'no much bout magic or spells...
    Last edited by Psymple; 2013-02-13 at 08:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

MacCallister pops back into the node. "Well, if you're that damn curious, I suppose I could help you out. I don't know where he is, though I'd guess he's in town somewhere. I can give you his number though. Can't imagine he'll be particularly thrilled to hear from you though. You were hired to find his girl, and you've gotten all the information he gave me. Calling him up to say "we've got nothing more than what you told us; help us out" might not look so good."

Discord Tag #4097