The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Crossroads: The New World

Well, the intent of the Spirit-Born PrC is to better emphasize their be still and spiritual natures. I'm not sure if it should be done in a 5 level or 10 level class. I may also have one for the Tunnit that makes them hardier and more resilient.

What do you think on those ideas?
    --------------------------------------
    I'll get that info as soon as possible.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chewy, if you were a real Drow, you'd be a Sorcerer/Alchemist with a nack for explosions and a prechant for won ton destruction and joyful mayhem. ~ My drunken DM

Originally posted by BRC
    Few people who want to play a monk actually want to play a monk (as in a semi-mystic kung fu master). What they (or at least I) want to play is somebody who can punch a dragon to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Raptors are serious business.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Firbolg in the Playground

I suppose I'll just have to see what you come up with. I don't really have a coherent image of what you're gonna do.

-----

Reiterating so the post doesn't get lost on the last page:
    If you want to take part in the skype thing saturday, please PM me your skype info so I can add you to my contacts.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Orc in the Playground

I'm currently trying to install Skype on my computer, but it doesn't seem to recognize my wife's microphone, or be able to connect calls with anyone else. I might be able to use my wife's mac, if necessary.

In happier news, I've talked with another of my coworkers (besides KungFuLobster, whom you may have met), who is an artist of some skill: he's expressed interest in doing some illustration - and perhaps even typography/book-design - for Crossroads! I've asked him for some preliminary sketches of Trollkin (male and female), Thunderbirds, and Uktena*, and I'll keep you posted on what he shows me.

This setting is catching fire! Everyone I tell about it gets excited about it (or at least, excited for us)!

Eldest: Taking your suggestions on my spells into consideration, I'm rewriting and reformatting them, adding schools, casting times, refining the language, etc. Once I've done a bit more with them, I'll add 'em here for your consideration.

Aux-Ash and AdmiralSquish: Same goes for the maps I'm working on. First draft of Tuniitaq is done, but I want to make it larger and add cities/settlements/major landmarks before I turn it in.

---------------

*I asked him to draw an Uktena because I've been thinking that Uktena could be made to fill the role of dragons in Vespuccia! Think about it: they're giant, intelligent, flying reptiles with magic powers, and a gaze attack in place of a breath weapon. They could even be divided into age-categories just like dragons are. I just haven't been able to offer any stats for 'em yet because of that age-category thing: designing dragons means creating and balancing twelve different iterations of the same monster, plus more if there's more than one species. So whaddaya think, guys?
    Last edited by SuperDave; 2014-01-23 at 10:53 AM.
    My Homebrew Projects

Crossroads: The New World - Tribes, colonists, trade confederacies, and empires both new and old collide in an alt-history North America, circa 1750 A.D. (On the road to publication!)

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I'm currently trying to install Skype on my computer, but it doesn't seem to recognize my wife's microphone, or be able to connect calls with anyone else. I might be able to use my wife's mac, if necessary.

In happier news, I've talked with another of my coworkers (besides KungFuLobster, whom you may have met), who is an artist of some skill: he's expressed interest in doing some illustration - and perhaps even typography/book-design - for Crossroads! I've asked him for some preliminary sketches of Trollkin, Thunderbirds, and Uktena, and I'll keep you posted on what he shows me.

This setting is catching fire! Everyone I tell about it gets excited about it (or at least, excited for us)!

Eldest: Taking your suggestions on my spells into consideration, I'm rewriting and reformatting them, adding schools, casting times, refining the language, etc. Once I've done a bit more with them, I'll add 'em here for your consideration.

Aux-Ash and AdmiralSquish: Same goes for the maps I'm working on. First draft of Tuniitaq is done, but I want to make it larger and add cities/settlements/major landmarks before I turn it in.
    Ok. Skill Tricks, if you choose to look into them, are from Complete Scoundrel.
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #1145

So, I just posted the stats I drew up yesterday for the Thunderbird, go check 'em out! I suspect there will be a significant bit of editing done before it's over, but you can still enjoy what has been put forth thus far. I'm thinking the feathers should have some sort of value beyond just trade. Maybe they can be used in magical rituals or something, or perhaps optional spell components that empower any air-based or electricity-based spell?
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I sure wouldn't want to fight one of these. On that same note, I have made it my goal to take one down.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chewy, if you were a real Drow, you'd be a Sorcerer/Alchemist with a nack for explosions and a prechant for won ton destruction and joyful mayhem. ~ My drunken DM

Originally posted by BRC
    Few people who want to play a monk actually want to play a monk (as in a semi-mystic kung fu master). What they (or at least I) want to play is somebody who can punch a dragon to death.

7. - Top - End - #1147

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Chewy View Post
    I sure wouldn't want to fight one of these. On that same note, I have made it my goal to take one down.
    Killing one's certainly not the end of an adventure, just the start. Now you've gotta deal with furious natives, angry spirits, and fight off everyone else who wants part of the body's value.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Killing one's certainly not the end of an adventure, just the start. Now you've gotta deal with furious natives, angry spirits, and fight off everyone else who wants part of the body's value.
    Everyone else who wants part of the body's value... That's a good point, although I suppose it means fighting off anyone and everyone that's not in the party. On the bright side, more XP and loot to sell.

Oh, and lest I forget the natives... Now that's a problem that can only be explained through a high impossible to believe diplomacy check.
    --------------------------------------

P.S. When's the Skype thing going down?
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally posted by BRC

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

In happier news, I've talked with another of my coworkers (besides KungFuLobster, whom you may have met), who is an artist of some skill: he's expressed interest in doing some illustration - and perhaps even typography/book-design - for Crossroads! I've asked him for some preliminary sketches of Trollkin (male and female), Thunderbirds, and Uktena*, and I'll keep you posted on what he shows me.

---------------

*I asked him to draw an Uktena because I've been thinking that Uktena could be made to fill the role of dragons in Vespuccia! Think about it: they're giant, intelligent, flying reptiles with magic powers, and a gaze attack in place of a breath weapon. They could even be divided into age-categories just like dragons are. I just haven't been able to offer any stats for 'em yet because of that age-category thing: designing dragons means creating and balancing twelve different iterations of the same monster, plus more if there's more than one species. So whaddaya think, guys?
    That sounds awesome! I also do art, and have spoken to Admiral Squish about the book in the future. It excites me that I'm not the only one wanting to contribute.

I suppose I'll just have to see what you come up with. I don't really have a coherent image of what you're gonna do.

-----

Reiterating so the post doesn't get lost on the last page:
    If you want to take part in the skype thing saturday, please PM me your skype info so I can add you to my contacts.
    I wish I could got to the skype event, but I seem to be extreamely busy that day. Figures. Stupid life. Haha.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I wish I could got to the skype event, but I seem to be extreamely busy that day. Figures. Stupid life. Haha.
    I'm sure there will be more down the road. So you'll make it eventually.

11. - Top - End - #1151

I'm sure there will be more down the road. So you'll make it eventually.
    There will most likely be more, though the existence/frequency of future such events depends largely upon the success of this one.

The plan is currently for tomorrow at 3 PM, EST. If you want to take part, you'll have to contact me before then.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Orc in the Playground

I'm glad to hear people are excited about the kickstarter idea! I'm trying to not get my hopes up too high, but it's not going well.
    What exactly do you mean by that? Is there a problem already?

Personally, I think that we should hold off on actually creating the Kickstarter campaign for a while, at least until we've done a little research into how to actually run a successful campaign, how to cook up stretch goals, etc.

Are we supposed to have the whole project is done and ready for print, or is it expected that we start the Kickstarter while still in the development stage? (See? This is something we'll need to know.)

Canal:
    I think that having the canal be complete would change history in dramatic and unpredictable ways. But having the canal be under construction offers a wealth of story-hooks. Do the players work with the Aztecs to sabotage it? Do they protect the workers from Maya raids? Attempt to free the slaves being used to dig it? Or do they allow it to be completed, then take it over and sell it to the highest bidder?

Spells:
    I think it would be totally appropriate for there to be certain spells that only certain cultures know, but I'm not sure there would be a way to represent it mechanically. Perhaps the player could just be required to justify how they know such an exotic spell by writing it into their character's backstory somehow.

Oh, and regarding ironwood. I have this idea of a cahokian druid casting ironwood on a seed, planting it, and the resultant tree growing as an ironwood tree. It's too tough to chop down, but a druid can use wood shape to knock it down and process it into various ironwood goods. It would be super-cool if we could get that wall of logs in cahokia to be made entirely of ironwood.
    That could actually be the reason Cahokia survives. In the real world, their giant defensive palisade around the city had to be completely replaced every few years as the wood rotted, which caused massive deforestation and eventually led to the ecological problems that caused the city's extinction. Ironwood solves the problem nicely.

I think that woodshaping ironwood would be a completely reasonable use of the spell. But the seedling would have to recieve regular infusions of the spell in order to make it part of the sapling's nature. Otherwise, a druid could just cast ironwood on one basket of seeds every day, and in a few years he'd have a whole ironwood forest.

Racial PrCs/Racial Base Classes
    Paragon classes or racial prestige classes would be great. But to clarify, we don't really need any new races, we have plenty as-is. I think racial base classes may be a bit much.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I kind of agree. I feel like giving the Tuniit a racial paragon class would make them seem less fully human.

Thunderbirds look bada**, by the way. Kudos, AdmiralSquish!

3PM tomorrow is fine by me. I can use my wife's mac.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 2014-01-24 at 07:58 PM.
    My Homebrew Projects

Crossroads: The New World - Tribes, colonists, trade confederacies, and empires both new and old collide in an alt-history North America, circa 1750 A.D. (On the road to publication!)

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

What exactly do you mean by that? Is there a problem already?

Personally, I think that we should hold off on actually creating the Kickstarter campaign for a while, at least until we've done a little research into how to actually run a successful campaign, how to cook up stretch goals, etc.

Are we supposed to have the whole project is done and ready for print, or is it expected that we start the Kickstarter while still in the development stage? (See? This is something we'll need to know.)
    Ok, Kickstarters are very, very difficult. I am a co-owner of a small game design company that's looking into doing one for a project, and the statistics of those that crash and burn are suprising.
    LGBTA+itP

14. - Top - End - #1154

To clarify, I did not mean the kickstarter was not going well, merely that my attempts not to get my hopes too high was not particularly successful.

I think we pretty much have to have to have the game at a playable level of completion before we can start the kickstarter. The financing isn't quite the final stage, but it should be after all the major additions/revisions are complete. If it's not at least mostly done, we don't really know how much we're gonna have to raise. Plus, that gives us the time to really research kickstarter and stretch goals and price points and so on and so forth.

Ironwood:
    I dunno, if it's a permanent spell, the sapling shouldn't need any more doses of the magic if it's strong enough to support itself. And it wouldn't be making a whole basket o' seeds, you only get a couple slots of the appropriate level, even at higher levels. Four or five at a time, maybe, tops.

Thunderbird
    Thanks! I'm a little saddened that nobody's commented on their thread yet, I think I've got 'em pretty balanced, but with no PC-available flight, the rules are different at higher levels.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yeah, I kind of agree. I feel like giving the Tuniit a racial paragon class would make them seem less fully human.
    I see the point here. I'll start trying to re-work my Spirit-Born PrC.
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally posted by BRC

16. - Top - End - #1156

so, the skype meeting this was quite enjoyable and rather productive. We didn't stay on topic very well, but that's somewhat to be expected. We discussed a lot of things, talked for two hours, and ended up coming with a bunch of ideas and things to do.

Few things that we should discuss in the thread:
    Removing quetzals. I was really fond of the idea of telekinetic naga when I first came up with the idea, but I can't really think of how to make them fit into the world anymore. Making them directly related to quetzalcoatl is a bit more divine influence on the world than I would like, and making them just coincidentally similar to the myths is a bit odd.
    Removing the Adlet. I was never really fond of them as a race. They felt sorta boring, less interesting than the other races. They didn't really have any unique abilities. But now as we have the spirit-born, it's entirely possible that we could just have a tribe of Dog spirit-born known as the adlet.
    Bringing back the Innunguaq race idea. Stone warforged animated by complex patterns of runes and energy conduits. I think they're interesting and unique, but it may just be too magical. I may have to finish the rune-magic system before I can make them, though.

Other things:
    Redwood Dryads
    Fossilized Undead
    Supersized canoes made of solid redwoods.
    Making the great basin uninhabitable due to lingering supernatural feeling of dread that affects everyone who enters. Sorta like a less-overt mourneland.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

so, the skype meeting this was quite enjoyable and rather productive. We didn't stay on topic very well, but that's somewhat to be expected. We discussed a lot of things, talked for two hours, and ended up coming with a bunch of ideas and things to do.

Few things that we should discuss in the thread:
    Removing quetzals. I was really fond of the idea of telekinetic naga when I first came up with the idea, but I can't really think of how to make them fit into the world anymore. Making them directly related to quetzalcoatl is a bit more divine influence on the world than I would like, and making them just coincidentally similar to the myths is a bit odd.
    Removing the Adlet. I was never really fond of them as a race. They felt sorta boring, less interesting than the other races. They didn't really have any unique abilities. But now as we have the spirit-born, it's entirely possible that we could just have a tribe of Dog spirit-born known as the adlet.
    Bringing back the Innunguaq race idea. Stone warforged animated by complex patterns of runes and energy conduits. I think they're interesting and unique, but it may just be too magical. I may have to finish the rune-magic system before I can make them, though.

Other things:
    Redwood Dryads
    Fossilized Undead
    Supersized canoes made of solid redwoods.
    Making the great basin uninhabitable due to lingering supernatural feeling of dread that affects everyone who enters. Sorta like a less-overt mourneland.
    I definitely agree with your thoughts on Adlet, and Quetzals too, to a lesser degree.
    I also support reviving playable Inunguac. That would just be so cool.

I like everything in the other things section.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

I enjoyed listing to everything that was thrown around, although I wish I could have participated more. On that side note, I figure out what my problem is. My wi-fi kept kicking me off due some weird protocol.

Note; That girl I was talking about, she's drawing up some concept art for me to upload right now, so when I get the chance, I'll get it to one of you.

Serious though, Skeletal T-rex is pretty terrifying.
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally posted by BRC

19. - Top - End - #1159

Quote Originally Posted by zzuxon View Post
    I definitely agree with your thoughts on Adlet, and Quetzals too, to a lesser degree.
    I also support reviving playable Inunguac. That would just be so cool.

I like everything in the other things section.
    Well, if we can reinvent the quetzals to make it work, I could certainly see 'em sticking around. But adlet, you can make a spirit-born that does the job of being an adlet better than the adlet.
    Innunguac are gonna be awesome!

I enjoyed listing to everything that was thrown around, although I wish I could have participated more. On that side note, I figure out what my problem is. My wi-fi kept kicking me off due some weird protocol.

Note; That girl I was talking about, she's drawing up some concept art for me to upload right now, so when I get the chance, I'll get it to one of you.

Serious though, Skeletal T-rex is pretty terrifying.
    Hopefully your mike really works next time.

Great! I look forward to seeing what she comes up with!

Yeah they are!

----------
    I'm working on a thread to recruit the playground's homebrewers to help us fill in that big ol' list of monsters. I've got a pretty solid draft, I think, I just have to add in brief descriptions for all the monsters. There are a lot of monsters. Plus, most of the people who would be helping out have no idea what a haakapaizizi is, so I think without descriptions, it'd be hard to see the critter as more than just a string of letters. I'm offering credit in the finished bestiary in exchange for people to help.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hopefully your mike really works next time.

Great! I look forward to seeing what she comes up with!

Yeah they are!
    I'm going to go purchase a new one for the Mac; I was trying to use my Vita because it actually has a microphone, but my Wi-Fi kept throwing me off due to some strange protocol.

She wants to know if their is anything specific you'd like her to try and draw?

The only thing scarier than that would be a skeleton Velociraptor. Swift, Undead, and in a pack, unbelievably terrifying and deadly.
    Last edited by Chaotic Chewy; 2014-01-27 at 01:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally posted by BRC

21. - Top - End - #1161

Yeah, I get the general idea. Still, though, you being restricted to text DID make it easier for me to go back and remember the various points we discussed in the conversation.

Hmm... I don't know... Let's go with something relatively simple. Have her draw up a mammut, a domesticated mastodon.

I don't know, real velociraptors were about the size of turkeys. Granted, they'd still be quite frightening, particularly in numbers, but I don't think they can quite match the trouser-soiling terror of a fossil T-Rex looming over you.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks for suggesting these, Megalagoras! I had thought that a few of them were already on the main page, but on closer inspection, it turns out I hadn't added them yet. Except for the 'Mizhi Pizhew', which we're calling Mishipeshu, and actually plays a major role in the spiritual world of this setting as the Spiritbeast of Water.

It's proving difficult to learn more about some of them. For example, 'Ganiadwaidhegowa' only produces a single Google result, which is for this very page. 'Black Tanamous' doesn't return anything except a heavy metal band. Could you tell me a little bit more about these monsters? Like which tribal mythology they're from, or what type of monster they are? The lack of standardized spellings for many Native American languages makes text-based online research difficult.

Some of these monsters you mentioned are actually fearsome critters (beasts from lumberjacks' tall-tales), not true indigenous American monsters. Some of them may have their place in the setting, but so far I've been reluctant to add them because they're actually from a different era (the early 1800s), and were created by a subset of working-class European culture which didn't exist at this point in history.
    Sorry. It's actually Ganiagwaidhegowa. I misspelled it. It's the first word I heard for this:

http://www.native-languages.org/naked-bear.htm

As for Tamanous, http://www.mythicalcreatureslist.com...Black+Tamanous
    http://arcana.wikidot.com/tamanous

This is a good website I just recently found that has tons of creatures, I haven't finished looking through it yet. There might be some good ones there.
    http://www.native-languages.org/monsters.htm

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yeah, I get the general idea. Still, though, you being restricted to text DID make it easier for me to go back and remember the various points we discussed in the conversation.

Hmm... I don't know... Let's go with something relatively simple. Have her draw up a mammut, a domesticated mastodon.

I don't know, real velociraptors were about the size of turkeys. Granted, they'd still be quite frightening, particularly in numbers, but I don't think they can quite match the trouser-soiling terror of a fossil T-Rex looming over you.
    Well, when my parents went out to the store they bought a giant, 100$ screen, instead of the proposed 50/50 Screen and the Mic, so yeah.

Alright, I'll let her know the next time I get the chance to talk to her.

Well... I suppose you learn something new everyday. I always thought they where bigger than that, but still, in numbers I would be scared. However, I see your point with that, nothing says scary like a giant fossil T-Rex.
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally posted by BRC

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

The velociraptors in the Jurassic Park movies weren't really wrong per say, they just weren't up on the most recent classification by the time the movie was made.

The raptors in the movies are Deinonychus antirrhopus. At the time the book Jurassic Park was being written there was a debate going on about their classification and one of the suggested names was Velociraptor antirrhopus because of their similarity to Velociraptor mongoliensis. So now people just really like to laugh about the movie being wrong because V. mongoliensis is the size of a turkey, without being aware that there was ever a debate over the name of D. antirrhopus, who is actually quite large.

Edit: Raptors are serious business.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-01-27 at 04:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

So, what I've learned is this;

1. Velociraptors (at least the one's of common knowledge) are actually fairly small, but still deadly.

2. The "Velociraptors" in Jurassic Park, are not actually Velociraptors but instead a similar species.

3. Velociraptors are serious business. (P.S. That's going into my signature because, why not.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally posted by BRC

26. - Top - End - #1166

I was aware that the velociraptors in the movie were deinonychuses (deinonychusi?) but I was not aware of the debate about the classification of the deinonychus. I am aware that utahraptor is about the size of the velociraptor depicted in the movie.

I was actually just discussing feathered raptors earlier today and how the feathered models get ragged on for being somehow 'less scary'. Feathers can be terrifying. Terror birds have terror in the freakin' name!

----------

I ran a whole bunch of numbers recently, so I'm getting a decent idea of how much money we're gonna need for the art and printing. For the cultures and the races, it's about $1500. We can probably get the art for all the monsters, chapter splashes, and flavor art for about $4500, so that's a total of $6000. I ran a hypothetical book through a couple of self-publishing sites. For 100 copies of a 300 page book of appropriate size, color, and binding, the price is around $7200-$7300. If you add 10% for kickstarter's cut, and a few hundred for a margin of error, the total comes in at $15,000.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2014-01-27 at 05:43 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

I ran a whole bunch of numbers recently, so I'm getting a decent idea of how much money we're gonna need for the art and printing. For the cultures and the races, it's about $1500. We can probably get the art for all the monsters, chapter splashes, and flavor art for about $4500, so that's a total of $6000. I ran a hypothetical book through a couple of self-publishing sites. For 100 copies of a 300 page book of appropriate size, color, and binding, the price is around $7200-$7300. If you add 10% for kickstarter's cut, and a few hundred for a margin of error, the total comes in at $15,000.
    Well, I have an idea to propose; Have you thought about publishing a single copy and possibly going through a business that does independent publishing? The only reason I mention it, is because one of my friends got her book published through the local Postnet. (It's a national chain, w/ individually owned stores)

Edit: Y'know, to cut down price and show it around to a few people, maybe get some friends to start checking it out, and seeing what they say? (Again, just an idea to throw out there)
    Last edited by Chaotic Chewy; 2014-01-27 at 07:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally posted by BRC

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I have an idea to propose; Have you thought about publishing a single copy and possibly going through a business that does independent publishing? The only reason I mention it, is because one of my friends got her book published through the local Postnet. (It's a national chain, w/ individually owned stores)

Edit: Y'know, to cut down price and show it around to a few people, maybe get some friends to start checking it out, and seeing what they say? (Again, just an idea to throw out there)
    Pricing for books does not go down significantly with number printed. The main cost is setting up the press, the actual materials and time is fairly cheap. So it would remain very expensive.
    LGBTA+itP

29. - Top - End - #1169

Actually, the places in question often do photobooks and such, so the cost for a small run of books is relatively low. Granted, there are bulk discounts in play at higher numbers, but you could get a handful of books for a few hundred.
    HOWEVER, we're going to have to include the price of some books in the kickstarter goal if we want to be able to give some of them away as backer rewards.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Actually, the places in question often do photobooks and such, so the cost for a small run of books is relatively low. Granted, there are bulk discounts in play at higher numbers, but you could get a handful of books for a few hundred.
    HOWEVER, we're going to have to include the price of some books in the kickstarter goal if we want to be able to give some of them away as backer rewards.
    That's true.

Side note; The girl I had drawing the Mammut, is currently down with bronchitis. So that drawing is going to have to wait.
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally posted by BRC