New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default TMK's Eberron Campaign IC- The Lost Expedition

As you waited in the lobby of the Twelve's Sharn offices, you looked around, seeing a few other people doing the same.

Thinking back to why you came here, you recall the letter sent to you, saying that you were being requested for a brief job, that the branch head wished to keep on the quiet side.

The meeting room's doors open shortly.
    "Ah, the people I contacted. Come in, come in."
    A male voice says in a rather boisterous tone.

Walking in, you scanned the room, seeing a large table in the center, ten chairs around it, with one seat filled.

The man sitting in the chair is old, his hair already graying, and is wearing a practical outfit suitable for wizards to wear at meetings.

"Now then, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Shulal d'Cannith, head of the Sharn branch office of the Twelve." Shulal says, nodding as he does so.

"I called you here because a small... unofficial, expedition that I sent to the Eldeen Reaches a month ago failed to report back on time. I want you to investigate the area that they said they were going to make camp in, and report your findings to me." He continues, setting a simple folder on the table and sliding it to the place closest to you.

"You will be paid a thousand gold each for completing this mission, and a packet containing the information you will need will be given to you to study en-route."

"A map to the location is inside the packet. As for the reason of the expedition... I had heard rumors of an artifact that appeared to date several thousand years there, and I dispatched them to investigate it."

"Unfortunately, our first report from the expedition indicated that scrying and similar methods are not effective in the area around the artifact. In addition, I could only draw upon this branch's mages for my investigations, and they... Tend to be more... Flashy than that." Shulal continues, as though addressing the topic of , before looking around.

"Now, I have arranged transport for you to the point where the expedition split from the main trail. I hope that you have good luck on this mission." He finishes, indicating that the meeting is over.

Arriving at the lightning rail station the next day, tickets in hand, you are guided to a first class car.

Inside the car, there are two free compartments, with the third being entered by a nervous looking gnome carrying a case with the House Sivis coat on its side.

After you're shown where you're staying for the trip, the lightning rail begins moving, carrying you towards your destination.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ask questions in OoC regarding the packet you all were given, and I'll post answers. I'm also setting this up to have an initial combat encounter to gauge strength, roughly. Guess what it'll be.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: TMK's Eberron Campaign IC- The Lost Expedition

A loud, dull, thud rocks the car, and Albaster steps in. "AL-TR42 reporting for this expedition. What are the names and occupations of fellow party members? As mentioned, I am AL-TR42, All-Terrain Reconnoitering unit 42, tasked with Cartography, Conversations, and aiding all members of this task force."

He pulls out a small piece of paper from inside his chest, and prepares to write down whatever may be said.

Spoiler
    Show

Because we all need an excuse to explain ourselves IC.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2013-02-04 at 10:06 AM.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Fir

The pale hooded person, who kept his head down where his face could not be seen under his hood, spoke with a deep chill in his voice. "I am the Reaper. Fir Recant, the Reaper." He turns his gaze out of the window, listening intently while he stared.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fir is not the friendliest person. But he is a good team member nonetheless. I promise
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Maka stood there, towering over most if not everyone. He did not say much but little escaped his eyes. "Whatever it takes will be done."
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Katamok finds Maka to be tiny and cute. After all, he barely fits into the compartment.

Anyway, he lets out a deep belly laugh and claps the fastidious Warforged on the back with an enormous hand.

"I am Katamok of Syrkarn, metal man," says the half-giant, his deep basso voice resonating heavily in the cramped compartment, "late of the 31st Brelish Irregulars. I mostly hit things with my sword."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Lania D'Orien

The rather attractive woman with auburn hair and sparkling blue eyes smiles when the wizard mentions transportation. "Surely you know who I am, since you hired me for this expedition. I trust our transport is through my house? If you'd paid me the sum instead, I could have gotten you a better rate (or at least kept the cash myself)!" Turning to the group, she gives a short head nod. "Lania D'Orien, at your service. I've been running and guarding caravans since I was old enough to walk. I've been to the Reaches for a spell or two, so you're in good hands."
    Last edited by King Tius; 2013-02-03 at 11:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

"It seems that we have a very well-fitted team going. Who might you be, gnome of the House of Sivis?" He turns to the small one, and bends over him, trying his best to keep the retractable blade in his arm from getting caught in the ceiling.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

The trip between Sharn and Wroat goes by quickly.

Arriving, you have a chance to stretch a bit, and walk around.

Lania
    Spoiler
    Show
    While the lightning rail is halted at the station, you notice a few of the boarding passengers. A rather indistinguishable man, getting on a few cars down.

A rather big and thuggish looking human (possibly with some giant blood in him, from the shape of his face), bearing the mark of House Tarkanan, is clambering in to the car behind the indistinguishable fellow.

What appears to be a group of minstrels is boarding further back, carrying instrument cases into one of the cheaper to reserve cars.

Out of the corner of your eye, though, you think you spot a cloaked figure near the furthest end of the station, getting on the last car. Must be someone who doesn't know how to be subtle.

Shortly after the vehicle gets moving again, you hear a rapping at the door of your compartment, before a steward opens it and leans in.

"The first class dining car is open now." He says tipping the front of his cap at you. "Feel free to head there whenever you wish."

...If you recall the layout right, it's in the car one further away from the helm, and not very far. The packet mentioned that dining was covered with the tickets, you remember.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2013-02-22 at 03:52 AM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

"I shall go," says the scout, "What? Are not warforged able to appreciate the sights and smells of a good cook?" He walks through the door, and straight to the dining area without a moment's hesitation.

Spoiler
    Show

Am I correct in remembering that they do not need to eat, or can they? If so, I will.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Glancing around, Maka keeps his guard up as any good bodyguard would do and looks to see what is worth having here.
    Last edited by TerrickTerran; 2017-06-22 at 10:45 AM.
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Lania gives a coy smile as she makes for the door. "There's no such thing as a free lunch, but a prepaid one isn't too shabby either."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Fir Recant

Silently the Reaper followed. He didn't need food, but he followed nonetheless, just for sake of following. He stood at the edge of the dining car, his hood still covering his face, and observed the others.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."