Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Serby's MHR: Explosion in Stamford (OOC)

Out of Character Thread is here.
    In Character Thread is here.

Original-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Go ahead and post your datafiles and we can discuss Milestones, choose text colors, and everything else that needs to be done before we play. As long as I can understand/read the format, it'll be fine.

Any questions or notes before we start?

(Actually, I have one) - I was thinking I would change the title for each act, but would it be too confusing for people if I changed "Road to Civil War" to reflect major events (either the big, game-changing moments or stuff like closing your Milestones - shocking moments in the character's history) in game?

Game updated to: Post #153

Current Heroes:
    piemaster (She-Hulk)
    Spoiler
    Show
    PP: 12
    XP: 14

She-Hulk

ManifestPR (Thing)
    Spoiler
    Show
    PP: 11
    XP: 24

Thing

omnitricks (Deadpool)
    Spoiler
    Show
    PP: 4
    XP: 14

Deadpool

Aquateenflayer (Agent Coulson)
    Spoiler
    Show
    PP: 8
    XP: 9

Agent Coulson

Note that these will require some explantion, but if it sounds good and you don't qualify, we can work on making it so that you do. Also, some will be added as they become possible.
    Experience Rewards:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 XP...
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Gain 1 PP

5 XP...
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Replace a Distinction
    • Add or Replace a Limit
    • Switch Affiliation Traits
    • Gain an empty Power Set
    • Gain Influence in Atlantis (can change close decisions)
    • Family has connections in Atlantis
    • Unlock Black Panther as Player Hero or as a Resource for Act II
    • Gain Wakandan Arsenal
    • Get Shutdown Codes for A.I.M. tech
    • Buy standard A.I.M. tech as a resource
    • Hydra helps you in an Action Scene
    • Reveal yourself as a Life Model Decoy (since any time up to the start of the Act)
    • Hold a story or photo for a few days
    • Gain Hero for Hire benefits as d6 Resource
    • Hire an unaligned hero to perform an Action
    • A Mercenary Hero shares a Specialty for a Transition Scene or provide a Resource for one Action Scene

10 XP...
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Add a new SFX
    • Add a new d6 Power Trait
    • Step up a d6 or d8 Power Trait
    • Remove a Limit (if two or more Limits)
    • Replace a Power Set for Mark I Fantasti-Car (with Mutually Exclusive)
    • Replace a Mark I Fantasti-Car for a Mark II
    • Unlock Prince Namor as a Resource or as a Player Hero for Act II
    • Considered Ally of Atlantis (as long as you're not invading Atlantis, they'll help - and even that could work)
    • Revealed to be part Atlantean
    • Unlock Black Panther as Player Hero or as a Resource for Act II, and he helps you for a Scene
    • Gain blessing of the Panther God for the rest of the Act
    • Gain Wakandan Arsenal, plus training to repair it
    • Buy advanced A.I.M. Tech as a resource
    • Madame Hydra helps for an Action Scene
    • Reveal a dead character was a Life Model Decoy (and is unlocked)
    • Gain Stark Industries power upgrades
    • A story or photo is kept private
    • Gain Hero for Hire benefits as d8 Resource
    • You already hired a character in the Scene and they become an ally for the Scene
    • Mercenary Hero shares a Specialty for a Transition Scene and provides a Resource for one Action Scene, or is an allied Watcher character for an Action Scene

15 XP...
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Step up a d10 Power Trait
    • Replace existing Power Set (of roughly the same power)
    • Add or upgrade an Expert Specialty
    • Gain significant aid from Prince Namor (including leading a squad of Atlanteans)

20 XP...
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Replace an empty Power Set for Mark II Fantasti-Car

Previous Heroes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RossN
    Spoiler
    Show
    PP: 5
    XP: 2

Spider-Woman

Last edited by Serby; 2013-05-05 at 10:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Serby's MHR: Road to Civil War (OOC)

My datafile is athttp://marvelplotpoints.files.wordpr...kdatafile2.jpg and my starting milestone will be Identity Crisis, as for the other points I'll be taking Green text for obvious reasons and I would be fine with changing titles.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'm sticking to the Basic Game datafile I like the Milestones of that version better than the Civil War one and for text I'll pick dark orange (c'mon what other color did you expect).

Datafile:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliations:
    Solo d6 Buddy d10 Team d8

Distinctions:
    It’s Clobberin’ Time!
    I’m a Monster!
    Wotta Revoltin’ Development
    d4 (+1 PP) or d8

Power Sets:
    ROCKY ORANGE HIDE
    Godlike Durability d12 Godlike Strength d12
    Enhanced Stamina d8

SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 to your pool and keep +1 effect die.
    SFX: Collateral Damage. Instead of spending 1 PP, add d6 to the doom pool to create a Rocky Orange Hide stunt.
    SFX: Haymaker. Double Godlike Strength for an action, then add second-highest rolling die from that action to the doom pool.
    SFX: Invulnerable. Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress or trauma unless caused by mystical attacks.
    Limit: Moody. Earn 1 PP and step up emotional stress caused by doubt, guilt, or selfworth by +1.

FANTASTI-CAR MKII
    Comms D8 Enhanced Durability D8
    Sensors D8 Subsonic Flight D8

SFX: Mini-Plane. Spend 1 PP to split off one of two Mini-Planes with Comm D6, Enhanced Durability D8, Subsonic Flight D8 and "Limit: Gear. Shutdown Mini-Plane and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover, or during a transition scene."
    SFX: Reroute Power. Step down a Fantasti-Car power to step up another Fantasti-Car power. Activate an opportunity to recover or during a Transition Scene.
    SFX: Room for Everybody. Spend 1 PP point to remove you and one other character from the Scene. Other characters may tag along for 1 PP from each of them.
    SFX: Sensor Suite. Spend 1 PP to add Sensors (or step up if already in your pool) and reroll all dice on a reaction.
    Limit: Mutually Exclusive. Shutdown ROCKY ORANGE HIDE to activate FANTASTI-CAR MKII. Shutdown FANTASTI-CAR MKII to recover ROCKY ORANGE HIDE.

Specialties:
    Combat Expert d8 Cosmic Expert d8
    Psych Expert d8 Vehicles Master d10

Milestones:
    THE HEART OF A PRINCE
    1 XP when you first use your powers to give a support asset to an ally.
    3 XP when you either take trauma to save a non-combatant or convince an opponent to attack you rather than a non-combatant.
    10 XP when you either sacrifice yourself for your allies or fight until you’re the last hero to fall.

FEET OF CLAY
    1 XP when you activate your Moody Limit.
    3 XP when you take offense when none is offered.
    10 XP when you either leave your team due to your monstrous appearance or allow others to convince you to join a team in spite of your appearance.

XP: -1
    Trauma: d4 Emotional
    PP:11
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-05-17 at 10:57 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm cool with the title changes, sounds fun.

Except for going with Triple Agent rather than S.H.I.E.L.D Super-Agent I'm sticking with the Basic datafile also. Jessica will speak in blue.

Datafile:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliations:
    Solo d8 Buddy d6 Team d10

Distinctions:
    Alluring
    Private Investigator
    Triple Agent
    d4 (+1 PP) or d8

Power Sets:
    BIO-ELECTRIC METABOLISM
    Flight d6 Superhuman Stamina d10
    Venom Blast d8

SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma or complications from toxins, radiation, or disease
    SFX: Pheromones. Add D6 and step up effect by +1 when using any powers to inflict mental stress.
    Limit: Uncontrollable. Change any BIO-ELECTRIC METABOLISM power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.

SPIDER-POWERS
    Enhanced Senses d8 Superhuman Reflexes 10
    Superhuman Strength 10 Wall-Crawling 6

SFX: Second Chance. Spend 1 PP to reroll when using any SPIDER-POWERS power.
    Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any SPIDER-POWERS power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Specialties:
    Acrobatic Expert d8 Combat Expert d8
    Covert Master d10 Menace Expert d8
    Mystic Expert d8 Psych Expert d8

Milestones:
    BETRAYL OF TRUST
    1 XP when you convince another hero to buddy up with you.
    3 XP when you abandon that buddy in the middle of a fight.
    10 XP when you either choose to betray your buddy to keep S.H.I.E.L.D status or give up your S.H.I.E.L.D status in order to rescue your buddy.

BLAST FROM THE PAST
    1 XP when you declare a hero or villain to be an old foe or flame.
    3 XP when you either deal emotional stress to your old flame or deal physical stress to your old foe.
    10 XP when you either give up something important to be with your old flame or forgive your old foe.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-03 at 03:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, part of the reason for posting is that it can change.

RossN - You're missing a d10 affiliation.

piemaster - Just so I'm sure, Rage Boost won't cause Emotional Stress, meaning that it won't cause a d4 that gradually leads to Trauma; but also can't be switched through a Plot Point. Is that how you were reading it, or did you understand it differently?

ManifestPR - I like the orange, but depending on the angle of my computer screen and how high up I'm sitting, I suspect it's going to blend in almost perfectly to the post. We can try it, but I think DarkOrange would make it a bit easier to read while still fitting the theme.

I guess I should get the first Scenes posted up. Have to decide how helpful I'll be towards your XP (Just by who's in what Scene, I can practically guarantee 3XP to two of you without trying)

Since the notes on the datafiles are relatively minor, I'll see about getting the IC thread up as soon as I can. Just want to give it the attention it deserves.

6. - Top - End - #6

BlackDragon

Thanks. Team affiliation should have been d10, so I've fixed it now.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Serby View Post
    ManifestPR - I like the orange, but depending on the angle of my computer screen and how high up I'm sitting, I suspect it's going to blend in almost perfectly to the post. We can try it, but I think DarkOrange would make it a bit easier to read while still fitting the theme.
    I went ahead and changed it. No problem.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Yes that's how I read it too granted I wasn't 100% sure

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Everything looks good, so here's the first Scene.

Go ahead and add whatever details in how you got there. If you want to interact with people, feel free to run the NPCs, until Stark arrives / you get into the plane.

Remember, you all start with 1 plot point (and if you would include that in your post, it would be helpful).

10. - Top - End - #10

BlackDragon

Okay I'm thinking Jessica is going to try to inflict Emotional Stress on the Crusader's Cultists here through mocking them.

So I'm imagining her dice pool being...

Spoiler
    Show
    One Affliation die: She's solo so D8
    One Distinction: I'll go with her Alluring distinction and make it D4 rather than D8 since I see her sex appeal as being a complicating factor dealing with these zealots ("Jezebel!")
    One power from each of my Power Sets: I'll go with 'Superhuman Reflexes' (D10) and 'Superhuman Stamina' (D8)
    Specialty: Psych Expert (D 8)

That right Serby?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

That is the right way to do it - Those agents are unhelpful, and I can see the Alluring as a d4. Psych Expert definitely would fit, but I'm not sure how you're planning to include the powers.

Reflexes, maybe, if you are taunting, only to disappear when they look your way. For your Bio-Electric Metabolism, did you mean Superhuman Stamina (a d10) or Venom Blast (the d8) - I can't quite tell how you are planning to have these be useful in mocking to get them angry/afraid/insecure/flustered.

What is your ideal result in this? - is the cultist questioning himself and stands back from the conflict (which I see as an Emotional Stress Out), are you trying to confuse him enough to get in close and take him out (a possible Mental Stress Out), or something else?
    If you go with Mental, you would be able to include the Pheromones (for an extra d6), and it's been mentioned that Stamina was the intended power to apply them - that would also mean that any effect die (except Alluring's d4 or a default, if you roll that poorly) would take out a Cultist if they fail their reaction.
    If you do that, remember that you can use 2d6 instead of 1d8 for your Psych Expert - still large enough to Stress them out with pheromones.

Also keep in mind that unless you spend a Plot Point (and have four+ dice that aren't 1s), you'll only be able to take out one of them.

With that noted, if you are going to use your reroll, go ahead and do the reroll here and then edit in the result that is actually used.

12. - Top - End - #12

BlackDragon

Ah... I thought I had to include diece from my Power sets and I was sruggling how to to fit them in. I'll give it a bit of thought.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Building dice pool to follow things example and bean Titanium Man with part of the pillar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Affliation: Buddy D6
    Distinction: Savage for D8
    Power Sets: Superhuman Strength at D10 times 2
    Specialty: Combat Expert for D8
    Pillar Slab: D8
    Titanium Man stress: D10
    Last edited by piemaster; 2013-02-08 at 09:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

BlackDragon

Right Jessica's die pool for taking on the Crusader's Cultists. She's going to try to inflict Mental Stress on them by pointing out flaws in their leader's doubtful theology - hopefully causing them to stand aside when she takes on the Crusader himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    One Affliation die: Solo D8
    One Distinction: Alluring D4 (+1 PP)
    Power Sets: Enhanced Senses D8 - I'm taking as Jessica looking for any signs of hesitation from one of the Cultists (a slight trembling of the hands or a bead of sweat on their forehead) and making a spilt second decision to focus on this 'weak link'.
    SFX: Pheromones D6
    Specialties: Psych Expert D8

So total = D8 + D4 + D8 + D6 +D8
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-05 at 07:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

@RossN - Right. You don't ever have to include a die in the pool. It's just if you want it to mechanically help you.

Second pool - Looks good to me. Go ahead and make your post and roll. When you get the results, edit in your choice for total and effect die. Remember, choose two results for your total and one die (ignoring the result on it) for the effect, then step up the effect die. You can spend PP to add an additional result to your total, or add an additional die as an effect (taking on multiple cultists at once) as long as you have the dice unassigned to do so.
    Once you're all done, go ahead and choose who goes next (cultists or Crusader).

@piemaster - Having the first action makes the Affiliation a little iffy. You probably thought of it, but I should mention - if it were (almost) anyone else, or the situation was reversed, Solo would be reasonable.
    Savage d4 seemed a little odd at first, but I can see it. Make sure to include that, and you can go ahead and take your Plot Point for it.
    Mechanically, are you looking to damage a power trait (a d10 Concussive Blast) or just deal Stress (and are just trying to get him to go after you rather than Stark)? You can just mention with the post, though.

Then choose the next person in that fight (Thing, Tony, or Titanium Man).

Also, so that it's explicitly stated - Tony is known to be Iron Man, but does not have the Extremis version yet. If you don't know it, don't worry about it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

So... you guys are doing better than I am with rolling. I put the v on the wrong side.

Cultist-
    Affiliation (Team): (4d6)[1][4][5][1](11)
    Distinction (Zealous): (1d8)[6](6)

Crusader-
    Distinction (Swordsman): (1d8)[2](2)
    Power Set - Power of Spirit (Sword): (1d8)[4](4)
    Specialty (Combat Expert): (1d8)[7](7)
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-05 at 10:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

And I missed one of them when I reposted... Arg.

Affiliation (Team): (1d6)[2](2)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

I gave savage a D4 due to She-Hulk forcibly taking over and starting a fight in a public place also yes I'll take the larger die thanks.
    Last edited by piemaster; 2013-02-05 at 11:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright. And after the reaction, that seems like it's going to fit well.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alright let me build my dice pool (first time doing this so please bear with me)

Affiliation – Buddy d10
    Distinction – Wotta Revoltin’ Development d4
    Power Set – Godlike Strength d12
    Specialty – Combat Expert d8

Does this look right? I'm charging/bulldozing Titanium Man.

Do you want us to roll here and post the results in the IC thread or just roll everything in the IC thread. Also, I'll keep track of my plot points in the IC thread for both of our sakes.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Keeping track of plot points is appreciated. For everyone - if you roll an opportunity, feel free to assume that you'll get a plot point; if you roll multiple and how many plot points you get matters towards how you'll spend them, let me know here.

I think I would prefer the rolls be in the IC thread - I only rolled here because I messed up my rolls there.

Looks like a good, straightforward dice pool. A little sad to not see It's Clobberin' Time (or the Haymaker), but can understand both. I'm guessing that you're going for Physical Stress as well?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Looks like a good, straightforward dice pool. A little sad to not see It's Clobberin' Time (or the Haymaker), but can understand both. I'm guessing that you're going for Physical Stress as well?
    Yes I'm going for Physical Stress and I figured It's Clobberin' Time will get plenty of use in the future.

23. - Top - End - #23

BlackDragon

Jessica is using her Second Chance SFX to reroll her Superhuman Strength:

Spoiler
    Show
    (d10)[4]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually, Second Chance has you reroll your entire dice pool. That would include the other 3d8 and the 1d10.

If you want to reroll, you can go ahead and do so here and apply the effects to your post - possibly getting a chance to use a PP to counterattack with that kick.
    If you want to keep your first set of rolls, that's three opportunities and a tie for the total - meaning that you would take d8 physical stress (or could spend a PP to switch that to Mental or Emotional).

I'll go ahead and switch to the other fight before your post affects the Doom Pool.

25. - Top - End - #25

BlackDragon

Okay I think I'll re-roll the lot:

Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliation: Solo (d8)[6]
    Distinction: Triple Agent (d8)[3]
    Power Set: Superhuman Strength (d10)[2]
    Specialty: Combat Expert (d8)[6]

Not sure if I should re-roll the Asset I created. If so Uncertain Loyalty (d10)[3]

Edit: Sorry I misinterpreted the rules there; I'd assumed Crusader had missed and was thinking 'this is Jessica's attack' rather 'this is how Jessica reacts to Crusader's attack.' Got to read the rules closer.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-06 at 12:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

BlackDragon

Did you see I edited the IC rolls Serby?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, the Asset would be rerolled. The nice thing is that it's an Asset that is likely to stay present - unless Crusader either does a recovery to heal them, or an attack to kill them.

And the roundhouse kick is perfectly fine - it just doesn't cause stress unless you pay the Plot Point.

EDIT: I saw - and 12 is enough to avoid the blow.
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-06 at 12:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

EDIT: I saw - and 12 is enough to avoid the blow.
    Huh? That was the same total as last time though - I though Spider-Woman took D8 stress from that. Sorry I think I'm a bit lost here.

Oh and I guess I'm paying that PP for the kick to do something.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-06 at 12:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah! There's the problem.

Your rolls were [1][1][1][3][8] - a total of 11.
    You rerolled the d10's [1], getting a [4] for a total of 12, but that was actually an incorrect use of your Second Chance SFX.

So my comment was based on the original roll (11, with 3 opportunities) rather than the posted reroll (12, with 2 opportunities).

Also, when you reroll, the opportunities are unavailable, so you don't get the Plot Points for them. So I was trying to figure out how many PP each of you should have. If everyone could double check theirs:

Everyone starts with 1.
    Turning a Cultist: +1 d4 distinction, +1 opportunity, -1 to add a third die to your total = 2
    Takedown Titanium Man: +1 d4 distinction, +1 opportunity = 3
    Bodyslam Titanium Man: +1 d4 distinction = 2
    Create an UNCERTAIN LOYALTY Asset: -1 = 1
    Avoid Crusader's Sword - reroll: -1 = 0
    Roundhouse kick reaction: +1 by shutting down Wallcrawling, -1 to apply effect die = 0
    Invulnerable against the Slam: -1 = 1
    Resist Force Bands: +1 d4 distinction = 2
    Resist Force Bands: +1 opportunity = 4
    Take out Crusader: +1 d4 distinction, +1 opportunity, -1 to add a third die to your total = 1
    Control the Plane: +1 d4 distinction, +1 opportunity, -1 to add a third die to your total = 2
    Falling Pillar: +1 opportunity, -1 to add a third die to your total, -1 to use effect die as an asset = 3
    Attempt to get the Plane out: -1 to add a third die to your total = 1
    Falling Pillar: +1 opportunity, -1 to use effect die = 2
    Pillar Bat: -1 to add a third die = 1
    Congressional Assault: +1 d4 distinction, +1 Moody = 3
    Smashing unknown window: +1 opportunity = 2
    Identifying threat: +1 d4 distinction, -1 stunt, +1 opportunities = 3
    Stubborn Politicians: +2 d4 distinction = 5
    Flying Kick: +1 opportunity = 4
    Agents: +1 d4 distinction = 5
    Agents Controlling electricity: +1 opportunity = 6
    Punch Flurry: -1 Second Chance, -1 Add a third die to total = 4
    Lightning vs. Lightning: +1 opportunity = 5
    Fantasti-Car Resource: -1 Vehicle Master = 4

So, I'm not sure how you got a second Plot Point, ManifestPR. I could just be missing something.
    As for yours, RossN - that seems to be my fault. Luckily you do have a Limit that can take care of it easily enough. So unless you can spot one I missed, if you can choose a Spider-Power to shutdown (until a Transition Scene or you take an opportunity to recover it) or a Bio-Electric Metabolism to turn into a Complication (either taking an opportunity or removing the complication to recover), that would be appreciated. My suggestion is Wallcrawling.
    You could do that twice to counterattack.

You do need to choose one to counterattack. But your totals come out right.
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-03-12 at 01:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

BlackDragon

Cool, I realise where things went wrong there. :)

So Spider-Woman's Wallcrawling is currently Exhausted and her Venom Blast becomes a complication due to Uncontrollable, freeing up the necessary PP.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-06 at 12:39 PM.