Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 85

1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 85

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Main Building]

Jamie holds Sayuri's hand tightly, trying to be comforting to her new friend in her time of fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Building]

Brinika's eyes narrow and her ears droop a little. Her suspicious expression is surprisingly adorable.
    "Okay. Do you accept her apology, Caretaker?"

Statement: I do.
    Addendum: I am willing to believe that I resemble synthetics which have caused her distress.

[Main Building]

Sayuri smiles shakily at the cute little goblin and her floating Caretaker. "...you do look a lot like them. My hunters, I mean... I'm really sorry about that."

Glancing over at Jamie, a faint blush flows onto her face and a bright sparkle appears in her eye. "Thanks. For, ah, stopping me back there and all." Her hand continues to grasp onto her friend's.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Building]

"Hey, that's what friends are for, right?" Jamie asks, smiling. "When we fall down, we help each other up."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Building]

Brinika steps out from behind the table cautiously, Caretaker hovering close.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #34

Spoiler
    Show
    [Main Building]

"Hey, that's what friends are for, right?" Jamie asks, smiling. "When we fall down, we help each other up."
    [Main Building]

Brinika steps out from behind the table cautiously, Caretaker hovering close.

[Main Building]

"Yes... that's what friends are for," murmurs Sayuri with a nod of acknowledgement. She smiles sheepishly at Brinika and calls out to the little goblin girl. "I hope we can still be friends, okay...?"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Kitchen

"Wolfen don't fly! They run!" Lily says. "Except that Waterstrider and Renetta took a cart, because they had baby Flamecrest with them, and because I don't think Renetta could really run far. And Pathfinder took a cart, because of taking Reelshka and Brinika. I wanted to go too! It's not fair! Mom and Dad never let us go anywhere!"

I highly recommend the Hunger Games trilogy. Though I'm not sure how they get away with marketing them as Young Adult books - they are very dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Kitchen

"I suppose, given that the two who live here built their homes out in the forest that they wouldn't have much use for horses or carts. Horses are plains animals, and are poorly adapted for a forested habitat. Do you know if the horses needed training to let Waterstrider and Pathfinder approach them?" Because they're predatory, their scent might have spooked the horses. Although horses are also spooked by the scent of camels.
    Kitchen

Wolfen go most places on foot, eh? Strider, Path, and Justin might have more in common than the Vaultie thought. "They probably just didn't want to let you go without them. It's only because they love you." Justin says, trying to rationalize to the child. "You'll get a turn to visit the Wolfen tribe, I'm sure."

He honestly doesn't have much to say about the horses. Equestrianism is not exactly covered in Vault education.

((My own opinion, for whoever cares, is that I tend to like it when heroes have to supplement their skills with clever showmanship, so I liked the "pandering to the crowd" aspect of the games.))

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Building]

Jamie nods, turning her hopeful smile to Brinika.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Building]

Brinika nods slowly.
    "Okay. You didn't mean it. And those bad robots won't do anything to you while you're here," she says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Romping in the Snow

Keo is outside, in the snow. The little cat girl's cloak is caked with the stuff, but that doesn't seem to phase her. She pushes through snowbanks, building up snow in some places and burrowing tunnels through where it's very deep. she seems quite happy out here!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Kitchen

"I suppose, given that the two who live here built their homes out in the forest that they wouldn't have much use for horses or carts. Horses are plains animals, and are poorly adapted for a forested habitat. Do you know if the horses needed training to let Waterstrider and Pathfinder approach them?" Because they're predatory, their scent might have spooked the horses. Although horses are also spooked by the scent of camels.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Kitchen

Wolfen go most places on foot, eh? Strider, Path, and Justin might have more in common than the Vaultie thought. "They probably just didn't want to let you go without them. It's only because they love you." Justin says, trying to rationalize to the child. "You'll get a turn to visit the Wolfen tribe, I'm sure."

He honestly doesn't have much to say about the horses. Equestrianism is not exactly covered in Vault education.

((My own opinion, for whoever cares, is that I tend to like it when heroes have to supplement their skills with clever showmanship, so I liked the "pandering to the crowd" aspect of the games.))

"They had oxen for their cart, I think," Lily says. She flops down onto the floor and crosses her legs. "I know Mom and Dad love us, but why does it take soooo long to be a grownup?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Kitchen

"My Dad says that childhood is so long because adulthood is so boring, and that I should enjoy being a child whilst I'm still a child to enjoy it. He also says he'd enjoy his childhood a lot more if he had the opportunity to do it again." Natalie will join Lily on the floor, sitting crosslegged. She also shrugs off her rucksack and reaches inside.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #41

Spoiler
    Show
    [Main Building]

Jamie nods, turning her hopeful smile to Brinika.
    [Main Building]

Brinika nods slowly.
    "Okay. You didn't mean it. And those bad robots won't do anything to you while you're here," she says.

[Main Building]

Sayuri breaths a sigh of relief, grinning lopsidedly. "Awesome. Now that that is behind us, what do-" Her voice is interrupted by a loud growl from her stomach. She blushes deep red and gives her new friends a sheepish smile. "I, ah, don't suppose I could try out that wonderful food you guys have, ne?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

Near a Donkey

"As far as I understood he has less experience with non-undeads."

Main Room

Since the scene with the donkey deadtimes for a month Andy can be found here. He is reading the newspaer, but it appears that his mind fokus on other things.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Building]

"Sure, right this way!" Jamie says, turning to lead the way to the kitchen.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #44

"They had oxen for their cart, I think," Lily says. She flops down onto the floor and crosses her legs. "I know Mom and Dad love us, but why does it take soooo long to be a grownup?"
    Kitchen

"My Dad says that childhood is so long because adulthood is so boring, and that I should enjoy being a child whilst I'm still a child to enjoy it. He also says he'd enjoy his childhood a lot more if he had the opportunity to do it again." Natalie will join Lily on the floor, sitting crosslegged. She also shrugs off her rucksack and reaches inside.
    [Kitchen]

"That," Justin says pointing to Natalie. "One day, you wake up and realize you don't get to play anymore, you have to do everything yourself... and you can't just ask your parents for help anymore." He crosses his arms, looks away, and taps his foot. Justin accidentally gave himself a sad. "Do you girls want chairs? I can get you chairs." Justin goes and grabs a chair.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mind-link

Let us see what he desires, and if a deal can be agreed. I am your servant in this, as in all things. Though as Helios well knows, his servant has a mind of her own, and sometimes rebels against his orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Somewhere

Yuki is impressed and intimidated by the obelisk. Her wings wrap around her and she takes a step back, trying to move herself behind Reinholdt a bit. She is glad the voice is addressing him and not her yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Somewhere

Yeesh Yuki. It's only a giant monster obelisk of doooom.

"We're wondering if you've ever seen this logo before." Reinholdt says, going to show Helios the logo if Yuki lets him, or looking to Yuki to show it if that's necessary.

Edit: I don't know what Helios knows, but this doesn't feel like the same Reinholdt he once dealt with.
    Somewhere

The eyes enlarge, seemingly focusing on the logo Yuki is showing. "Possibly, but I might need some context. Such logo's are quite common within the nexus with all it's alternative dimensions and realities. So tell me what you need it for and I might be able to make a more accurate guess. How did you get this logo?" Helios asks the cat.

Mind-link

Of course you are. The god sends back, sounding somewhat amused. Be alert though Simone, the one who have summoned me is a quite socially maladjusted individual. Insane as some might say. He seems different now though, I wonder why that is? Say, how long time was it since you were in the nexus again? Time just fly doesn't it?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-02-08 at 08:39 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

Yuki still looking fairly nervous looks to Reinholdt to see if she should speak. She feels that since she is the one looking for anwsers she should. She worries about saying the wrong thing and screwing up somehow. It seems that if she is going to speak up she might need some prompting.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Building]

Brinika and Caretaker will follow Jamie and Sayuri to the kitchen.

18. - Top - End - #48

Spoiler
    Show
    [Main Building]

"Sure, right this way!" Jamie says, turning to lead the way to the kitchen.
    [Main Building]

Brinika and Caretaker will follow Jamie and Sayuri to the kitchen.

[Main Building -> Kitchen]

Sayuri follows Jamie into the kitchen, looking around in curiosity. "Wow... this place is pretty cool. So then, what would you suggest for me to start off?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Well, I dunno. I could go ahead and fix a full meal if you like," Jamie says.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Brinika starts rummaging through the fridge. "I really like bat sandwiches. But I'm not sure if you'd like them."

21. - Top - End - #51

Spoiler
    Show
    [Kitchen]

"Well, I dunno. I could go ahead and fix a full meal if you like," Jamie says.
    [Kitchen]

Brinika starts rummaging through the fridge. "I really like bat sandwiches. But I'm not sure if you'd like them."

[Kitchen]

"Would you please?" Sayuri gives Jamie a bright-eyed look of joy. "I would so love a good meal..."

"Wait, what?"
    The magical girl gives Brinika a confused look. "What, exactly, is a bat sandwitch? I wouldn't mind trying one, though."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Somewhere

The eyes enlarge, seemingly focusing on the logo Yuki is showing. "Possibly, but I might need some context. Such logo's are quite common within the nexus with all it's alternative dimensions and realities. So tell me what you need it for and I might be able to make a more accurate guess. How did you get this logo?" Helios asks the cat.

Mind-link

Of course you are. The god sends back, sounding somewhat amused. Be alert though Simone, the one who have summoned me is a quite socially maladjusted individual. Insane as some might say. He seems different now though, I wonder why that is? Say, how long time was it since you were in the nexus again? Time just fly doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Somewhere

Yuki still looking fairly nervous looks to Reinholdt to see if she should speak. She feels that since she is the one looking for anwsers she should. She worries about saying the wrong thing and screwing up somehow. It seems that if she is going to speak up she might need some prompting.
    Somewhere

Reinholdt looks at Yuki.

"... Well?" Reinholdt asks a bit irritated after things become a little clear she isn't saying anything on her own. "I don't have these answers and am not the one who even wants to know. If you want to find out you need to answer his questions." Yeesh. Never met an angel that didn't talk.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-02-09 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Mind-Link

"Recovering Aegnor's body." Simone says to Helios. He should easily remember how painful that was for her. Cessie was able to leave her grief behind and find a new partner, but no one would be able to fill Aegnor's role in Simone's life.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

Yuki blushes a bit but speaks up. "Someone drew it after seeing it on a plane. Most likely the plane that I fell from before I lost my memory. I'm hoping to learn more about it."

Yuki is a young woman with large white feathered wings coming out of her back. Dressed in assorted clothes from here in GLoG, boots, jeans and a sweater. She has bright red hair and a very pretty face, statuesque some might say.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin - The Girl's Room]

If either of the twins care to look up towards the window, they'll likely see the face of a young boy, perhaps three years old. given how high it is off the ground, he's like;y pulled himself up, or at least climbed. Notably though, he has black chitin over much of his body, and from his forehead sprouts a single long horn ending in spikes like that of a japanese rhinoceros beetle

Looking in, he taps on the glass a few times to get the girl's attention if he hasn't already done so.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

26. - Top - End - #56

Rowan Cabin - Girls' Room

Prism squeals and tosses a ball of color at the window. Where the window is opaque with frost the lime green sticks, but the clear parts that the boy can see through don't offer any resistance to it, and unless he gets out of the way somehow he might find his face outlined with splotchy green in the shape of ice crystals.

"Bug. Big bug." She whispers, pointing so Scylla can see what she means. She's broadcasting her shock empathically to everyone nearby, which doesn't include their parents at the moment.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "Would you please?" Sayuri gives Jamie a bright-eyed look of joy. "I would so love a good meal..."

"Wait, what?"
    The magical girl gives Brinika a confused look. "What, exactly, is a bat sandwitch? I wouldn't mind trying one, though."
    "Well, if you consider what a bat sandwich sounds like...it's exactly what it sounds like," Jamie points out with a giggle. "And a full meal it is! We'll start with cheese sticks, then go for fried fish and potatoes...oh, word of advice: don't ever suggest onion anything."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin - girl's Room]

Ace just barely ducks the green coloring, though it still hits his horn. curiosity is still with him though, as he peeks back up into the room, looking at Prism incredulously. she'll be able to sense curiosity mixed with apprehension from him.

Scylla doesn't have the same reaction as her twin, instead doing a trick she figured out not too long ago - specifically, making herself stick to the wall so she can climb up it without hassle.

"It's not just a bug, it's a bug boy! And he's flying! Cool!" She rests a hand on the glass, and both Ace and Scylla grin at each other.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Yeah! A bat sandwich has bat in it, like pork sandwich has pork. I really like bat sandwiches," Brinika says, nodding enthusiastically.

30. - Top - End - #60

Spoiler
    Show
    [Kitchen]

"Well, if you consider what a bat sandwich sounds like...it's exactly what it sounds like," Jamie points out with a giggle. "And a full meal it is! We'll start with cheese sticks, then go for fried fish and potatoes...oh, word of advice: don't ever suggest onion anything."
    [Kitchen]

"Yeah! A bat sandwich has bat in it, like pork sandwich has pork. I really like bat sandwiches," Brinika says, nodding enthusiastically.

[Kitchen]

"A bat sandwich, hm?" Sayuri leans back and nods slowly. "Sure, I'll try one."

"Thanks Jamie, I really appreciate it. And why no onions? I like onions..."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2013-02-12 at 04:53 PM.