attack
    (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage
    (1d20+8)[14]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dreams of Power

Shift ported after his foe, appearing in front of him, "Ah ah ah. I'm not done with you just yet." he sarcastically quipped as he kept up his assault.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage: (1d20+7)[22]
    Affliction: (1d20+7)[23]
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Ghost caught the vampire with another hail of bullets, just in time for Shift to appear and smash him with his staff. Down went the vampire.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

The ghost twirls her pistols and holsters them. Then she floats down towards shift.
    “Let’s get this one back with the others. I’m sure we’ll want to question them when they’re back up.”

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Sounds like a plan." Shift said as he grabbed the downed vampire by his arm limply, before porting back over to the rest of his team. "Sup guys? Me and Ghost made sure this one didn't get away." he said as he tossed his beaten foe towards the others. "Did I miss anything?"

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

You can hear sirens approaching. The promised backup should be here shortly.

The trapped vamps are struggling amusingly against Nolan's containment, but don't seem to have anything useful to contribute to their team's goals at this stage.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Returning from her venture out to help shift, the ghost floats down out of the skies.
    "Well, looks like I haven’t missed anything”, she says as she stops about a foot off the ground.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

"You certainly have not, friend. Gentleman Avenger, do you know how to find the Necromancer guy?"
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jerry looked from looking busy. As far as he could tell, there wasn't anything special about the vampire Shift and Ghost were tangling with. He scrawled some last notes on the borrowed notepad and tore them out to stuff into his pocket.

"Every now and again, stuff outta Halloween comes traipsing outta the woodwork. Then they send guys like me and their other investigators to have themselves a peek," Jerry scratched his chin with the end of a pen. "Usually, it's tied to the Necromancer. My first encounter was a circus of zombie clowns tearing apart downtown a year or so ago. It was in the news." The Gentleman looked thoughtful. "Caused a bit of a row, it did."
    I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.
    - Shane "Footsteps" Falco

I like my action the way I like my juice; Pulpy!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

A few minutes later, the police backup arrives, spreading out to secure the area and get their guys taken care of. Shortly thereafter, SIDE gets there. It's a standard combat unit, two teams of four agents, led by a power armored elite. They fly in, each team driving an Aerial Combat Vehicle, flying cars that can take on most tanks.

The ACV's land on the street, the SIDE agents exiting rapidly. One of the leaders goes to speak with the police. The other heads towards you guys.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Shift leans over and whispers to his team, "Pst, here come the stiffs to clean up after we do all the hard work."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

'Smasher whispers back, "I'm sure they got here as fast as they could, it's not their fault that we're amazing"
    Last edited by HopeHubris; 2013-04-08 at 01:37 AM.
    Show

Former Characters

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

The SIDE elite nodded respectfully to the group as she reached them. "Looks like the Corps chose well. What's the status here?"

Ghost:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear a voice in your head, a smooth monotone. ~Emily Baker.~

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

"Greetings officer! We have just dealt with some, uh, vampires, Gentleman Avenger seems to know all about them, I'm sure he can explain it all"
    Show

Former Characters

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

The agent nodded, turning to Jerry. "What have you got. Kings?"

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

16. - Top - End - #166

MonkGuy

Jerry leaned closer, as if peering at the place where the agent's name would have been stenciled on her breast-pocket.

"Willis, izzat you? Can't tell underneath all the armor, which is quite nice. That the new 'Superbia' pattern?"

He rested his walking stick on his shoulder and stretched. "As for a sitrep, not much. The MO's consistent with the Necromancer; a fatality within a certain time frame, Eddies that match his usual descriptor, now that poor fellow," the Gentleman nodded at the fallen police officer, who was being wheeled away on a gurney. "Most notable thing here was the live capture of most of the hostiles and a rather effective showing for the new task force, if I do say so myself." Jerry looked serious. "If you do the usual interrogations, you will keep us posted, right?"
    I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmhmm. And here I was hoping to give it a proper test run," she said with exaggerated disappointment. "And yeah, but if it is the Necromancer, I don't expect to get much. Still, can confirm..." she walked over to the trapped undead. "Alright, whichever of you want to prolong your existences, start talking."

The vampires didn't get a chance. A vacant look came over all their faces, and in eerie synchrony, they replied in an identical voice, a smooth monotone, "We're sorry. The vampire you are trying to reach is currently disconnected. Please do not try your call again."

The vampires no longer moved, just staring blankly ahead. They appeared truly dead, although being undead in the first place, it was kind of hard to tell for sure.

Willis just shrugged. "Yep, that's him." She did not sound happy with the discovery. "We've never been able to get anything out of his goons. Any ideas?"

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

18. - Top - End - #168

MonkGuy

Jerry scratched his head with the G at the end of his cane. "Short of giving them to the SIDE spooks and having them peel apart our new friends? I got nothing." The masked Gentleman turned to Nolan.

"How about you, Brains? Maybe you know a guy who has a cousin who can get 'em to spill on their boss?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

The ghost
    Completely ignoring the conversation with the SIDE officers and the rest of the group, The Ghost stares off into space. It’s obvious to anyone noticing her that she’s focusing on something else.

“Who are you?, How do you know that name?!” she demands, trying to force her thoughts to push out of her mind and make contact with the disembodied voice.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Ghost:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ~Oh, it was not easy to learn, even with my powers. I've been hoping to contact you long before this. They call me the Necromancer, which will do for now. I have some business I would like to discuss, ideally in private and in a more comfortable setting. Would you be amenable?~

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

The ghost
    An eyebrow rises at the drop of the Necromancer’s name.
    “… maybe…It would depend on the nature of the business… but a meeting would not be impossible.” The Ghost thinks back to the Necromancer, trying to conceal her other thoughts from any sort of telepathic probe.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Ghost:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ~I think you'll find it worth discussing. It's a little matter of vengeance. Will tomorrow evening be good for you?~

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

I see, I think I can meet you in that case. How about we meet at 1313 Mockingbird lane in, Arbera city. It’s a big old house near a cemetery; it’s been abandoned for years. It should be nice and private and… appropriate.”

The Ghost replies, still trying to avoid drawing attention to herself. she doesn't know if the Necromancer is watching or not, so she needs to keep this private for now.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2013-04-17 at 05:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Ghost:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ~That sounds fine. I look forward to it, talk to you then,~ he replied. He'd wait for a response, but unless the Ghost had anything else to discuss or ask, she would hear a soft click in her mind, oddly like the sound of a phone hanging up.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

The SIDE agents started securing the vampires for transport. They were cautious about it though, taking one at a time under heavy cover. None of the undead creatures moved. It did appear that they were no longer animate.

"This is the lot of them, yeah?" Agent Willis asked. "We'll run them through the ringer, but I don't expect much. If we do learn anything, we'll let you know. We can expect the same?"

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Shift stepped up to agent Willis and cleared his throat, "Well, technically one of them did get away."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh? Well now, that we might be able to work with," the agent said, then ordering through her commlink. "Team one, back and in the air. We have a runner. Scan for a visual presence without a heat signature. Base, I need a stealth flyer dispatched ASAP." She looks back to Shift. "How long, and did you catch what direction it was going?"

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Evil-Smasher summons up a large beam of light to help SIDE find the last vampire
    "I may be able to help with this, agent, my eyes of justice never fail to see evil! And the light of, uh, truth! Will show you the way"

Spoiler
    Show

Can Smasher still see it?
    If so, the light follows the vampire, pinpointing it's location, otherwise, it's kind of an arrow, pointing to where he last saw it
    Last edited by HopeHubris; 2013-04-20 at 12:52 PM.
    Show

Former Characters

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Agent Willis nodded. "Thanks." As her team returned and began climbing into the ACV, she told them, "Follow the light."

Spoiler
    Show
    Unlikely, it's been a few minutes at this point and they move quickly. You can spend a Hero Point to Edit Scene to say it got out of immediate danger but didn't go too far for ES to keep tabs on, if you want.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ghost

The ghost rolls her eyes at Evil-Smasher’s comic book statement. She decides to keep the news from the Necromancer to herself until they were in more secure surroundings.