New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "You forgot to mention the fancy titles you have to call everyone by," Greif remarks with a bemused roll of his eyes. "And the complicated greetings and proper etiquette and all that jazz..."

He gives a dismissive wave of his left talons. "I've been to a social function or two in my time. Wasn't my cup of tea." He smirks, and leans a bit further over the counter. "Though I'm sure you'd have been a big hit at some of the Royal Griffin Galas, all dressed up with your hair done... and your 'Adventure Hobo' act. Heh heh..."
    "It's so tedious, having a social calender!"
    "So tedious!"

They said, as Top Hat dug around in his hat and produced -- still no hornglow -- a small stuffed rabbit for the foal. When he pulled it out of the hat, the paws were danging loose, but when he handed it over, the paws were clutched tightly.

"The real rabbit's on break,"

he explained. And then the tarts arrived!

"What a surprise!"
    "An incredible surprise indeed!"

And they dug in.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Grief's Cafe]

Into the frier the soon-to-be fritters go! Not much longer now and a certain colt will have another tasty pastry to try out! No doubt he must be anticipating this most wonderful of things.

"It makes a ritual out of everything,"
    Tart replies, waving a hoof in a not particularly explanatory fashion. "Sucks all the fun and spontaneity out of an event. Heh... did you hear about what happened when the Elements of Harmony were invited to the Grand Galloping Gala a few years ago? That was a complete riot! I doubt that party has been quite so lively for at least a few hundred years."

Nothing quite like filling the grand banquette hall with a stampede of critters.

A wide grin slowly spreads across Tart's face. "The big griffin shindig, eh? Think you could score me an invitation? Or would I ruffle too many feathers?"
    Greif chuckles. "I'm sure I could get you an invitation if I asked. Though I'm not sure how many feathers you would ruffle. Ponies are an uncommon sight at 'the big griffin shindig,' but it's not unheard of for diplomats to attend as a sign of good relations between the two Kingdoms. Celestia herself has shown up a few times, actually. So no, I don't think you'd cause too much of a scene... as long as you didn't actually cause a scene," he smirks.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Well if my queen denounces them, they should go " And with that he snuffed out the remaining candles in the apartment. The entire house was dark save for the glowing of his horn. "Now let us osculate before I grow sick from yearning."

"Oh you and your ten Bit fancy words,"
    She smirked and shook her head and then kissed him again, as requested.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Grief's Cafe]

Tart gives a GASP! of mock dismay. "Me? Make a scene? Why I would never do such a thing. What do you take me for, some kind of wandering thrill seeking transient?"

Well...

Uuuh...

This IS sort of exactly what she is...

Anywho!

The second batch of fritters are removed from the frier and set on a rack to cool. The aroma of cinnamon and apples is downright heavenly. Won't be too long now...

Tart gives a sagely nod to the young colt. "See? That there is the problem. Not every mare is a Lady and not every stallion is a Gentlecolt. These are things ya gotta strive for, y'know? But if you want to be a Gentlecolt one good way to do it is treat every mare like a Lady whether she acts like one or not."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Oh you and your ten Bit fancy words,"
    She smirked and shook her head and then kissed him again, as requested.
    Grills then pulled Gwynfillion down into a pony hug. "Good night, sugarplum."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Tart gives a sagely nod to the young colt. "See? That there is the problem. Not every mare is a Lady and not every stallion is a Gentlecolt. These are things ya gotta strive for, y'know? But if you want to be a Gentlecolt one good way to do it is treat every mare like a Lady whether she acts like one or not."
    "There's a bit of advice some ponies could stand to learn." Quaver muttered, as she polished off her sandwich.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    "There's a bit of advice some ponies could stand to learn." Quaver muttered, as she polished off her sandwich.
    Greif gives a sagely nod of his own. "That does sound like a pretty wise bit of advice."

He looks over at Quaver, and smiles as she finishes her meal. "Is there anything else I can get for you, ma'am?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

"Tea, Rose if you have it, please." Replied Quaver.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Pale Night happily takes the wabbit and hugs it. "It's soooooo cuuuuuuuute." she says with a smile on her face.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

When she hugs the rabbit, its paws slide open to reveal a little wrapped candy.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    When she hugs the rabbit, its paws slide open to reveal a little wrapped candy.
    Pale Night GAAAAAAAAAAAAAASPS.

"White shocolate twuffles are my favorite! How did you know?" She asks the little wascawwy wabbit.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Because other mommy said so. Duh." Pale Night responds. "A good filly listens to her mommy." she says.

"Sure!" She says enthusiastically with a big smile.
    Heartflight smiled and giggled slightly at the foal's adorableness. "What would you like?" she asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills then pulled Gwynfillion down into a pony hug. "Good night, sugarplum."

"Good night my chocolate chef,"
    She smiled and melted into his warm hug.

============

[Grief's Cafe]
    The second batch of fritters are removed from the frier and set on a rack to cool. The aroma of cinnamon and apples is downright heavenly. Won't be too long now...

"That's what I've been doing, its like telling me thing I already know ma'am,"
    The colt briefly pouted and then opted to suck on his beverage.
    =========

Cadmium smirked at the magic trick and clopped her hind hooves on the ground for short applause. "So when did you two get into stage magic?" She asked the silly couple.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Grief's Cafe]

"Then you're on a pretty decent path, kiddo. Here!"

One of the recently cooled fritters is offered to him.

"Tell me what you think of that."

Suffice to say?

It should be delicious.

Y'know how most cooks say that the secret ingredient is love? That's a little more literal for Tart. It might not be quite like an earth pony touching all their work with their magic, but close enough right?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

"...Ummm...Hmmm..." She thinks for a moment. "Cweam Soda is really good. Especially with a scoop of ice cweam." She says.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

"...Ummm...Hmmm..." She thinks for a moment. "Cweam Soda is really good. Especially with a scoop of ice cweam." She says.
    And one cream soda, with ice cream" Quaver added, addressing the pony taking her order.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

"Call it intuition," said Top Hat, with an exaggerated wink.
    "Intuition!" with a matching wink.

As they dug into their tarts, the eventually came up for enough air to answer Cadmium's question:
    "Hmmm....When I was a colt in school; a sort of magic that sidestepped magic appealed to me, even if my examiners didn't like it."
    That had caused a lot of trouble. He wasn't sure why, when it got the same stuff done.

"I saw a travelling show once as a filly....But it was kind of a difficult path for a young pegasus..."

Silk Scarf's face relaxed enough to see a bit of trouble on it as she spoke, like she was remembering an intense loneliness from across a great distance.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Tea, Rose if you have it, please." Replied Quaver.
    And one cream soda, with ice cream" Quaver added, addressing the pony taking her order.
    Greif nods, and hops over the counter in one fluid, deft movement. He begins to fiddle with the coffee and tea machines, getting the water prepped to boil as he looks around for the rose tea packets.

Spin, meanwhile, begins to prepare the cream soda and ice cream float.

A few short moments later, both orders are placed upon the counter by a griffin griffin and a pleasantly smiling mare.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Greif nods, and hops over the counter in one fluid, deft movement. He begins to fiddle with the coffee and tea machines, getting the water prepped to boil as he looks around for the rose tea packets.

Spin, meanwhile, begins to prepare the cream soda and ice cream float.

A few short moments later, both orders are placed upon the counter by a griffin griffin and a pleasantly smiling mare.
    "Thank you" Quaver replied, hoofing over the bits for the drinks and picking up the two drinks. But instead of giving the smoothie to the filly immediately, she held it back for a moment, choosing instead to give the mysterious child one of her patented teacher's gazes - Good filly edition: Firm, but smiling.

"Now dear, you want this lovely smoothie don't you? I'll give it to you if you make me a promise; that you'll drink it quickly, and once you're done you go find your mommy before she starts to worry about where you've gone."

"It's not nice to make her worry, so, do you promise?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you" Quaver replied, hoofing over the bits for the drinks and picking up the two drinks. But instead of giving the smoothie to the filly immediately, she held it back for a moment, choosing instead to give the mysterious child one of her patented teacher's gazes - Good filly edition: Firm, but smiling.

"Now dear, you want this lovely smoothie don't you? I'll give it to you if you make me a promise; that you'll drink it quickly, and once you're done you go find your mommy before she starts to worry about where you've gone."

"It's not nice to make her worry, so, do you promise?"
    "Yes'm" The filly says. She gives Quaver puppy dog eyes in regards to the drink.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Greif's Cafe

Spark looked at the new batch of fritters in anticipation as he first took a moment to enjoy the aroma. And then...he took a large bite that his cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk's. His eyes lit up as he allowed for his tongue to savory the sweet yet slightly tarty flavors. His eyes rolled back in culinary bliss.

He finally swallowed at some point. "Woweee!...That was mighty tasty ma'am!"
    -

Cadmium tilted her head at Silk Scarf. "I would have to agree with you, outside of weather manipulation, we pegasi aren't too groovy in regards to magic. So, I do find it quite amazing at what you're able to do."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes'm" The filly says. She gives Quaver puppy dog eyes in regards to the drink.
    "Okay" Quaver replied, as she pushed the drink over towards the little filly, smiling all the while. "But remember, it's a promise."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay" Quaver replied, as she pushed the drink over towards the little filly, smiling all the while. "But remember, it's a promise."
    "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." She promises, and even goes through the motions. She then begins drinking her smoothie thingy.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium tilted her head at Silk Scarf. "I would have to agree with you, outside of weather manipulation, we pegasi aren't too groovy in regards to magic. So, I do find it quite amazing at what you're able to do."
    "There's also slight-of-wing tricks; I've got Top Hat sounds beaten on that one!"
    "That's right, that's right! Stage magic is more than mere spellcasting!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #175

[Grief's Cafe]

Aahh...

There it is...

That gratitude for her work. Tart just loves that. The mock-unicorn closes her eyes and smiles, drinking in the feelings of gladness over something as simple as a well-made pastry. This... she likes this.

Being able to trade a meal for a meal certainly helps her to feel like less of a thief. And there's nothing quite like a job well done. Slag the Queen and her crazy pony-replacing schemes. This is the best way to find magic to feed on.

"Glad you liked it, kiddo!" Tart eventually replies with a wide, elated grin. "And glad to know what your favorite style of fritters is."

She glances back and forth furtively before lowering her voice to a playful stage-whisper.

"Now that I know your pastry weakness there will be no stopping me. Bah hahahahaha!"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Grief's Cafe]

"Glad you liked it, kiddo!" Tart eventually replies with a wide, elated grin. "And glad to know what your favorite style of fritters is."

She glances back and forth furtively before lowering her voice to a playful stage-whisper.

"Now that I know your pastry weakness there will be no stopping me. Bah hahahahaha!"
    Greif swoons dramatically, holding his talons up to his forehead. "Oh heavens! The horror!" he laments in a suitably forlorn fashion.

The normally icy Spin cracks a small smirk of amusement at his antics, despite herself.

27. - Top - End - #177

[Grief's Cafe]

This honestly couldn't be going much better.

Well... aside from the maybe-pony that had been invading Tart's mind earlier. She could have done without that. But! What's done is done. Make the best of it and all. Other than her? The ponies here seem friendly enough. Her favorite role seems to be accepted. She has a job and a place to stay.

And the ambient weirdness will no doubt keep attention off her.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

Hmm... what to make next... Maybe some chocolate scones?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "There's also slight-of-wing tricks; I've got Top Hat sounds beaten on that one!"
    "That's right, that's right! Stage magic is more than mere spellcasting!"

"Is it now? How is it so? Does it also involve the whole being theatrical and using your skills to enrapture an audience?"
    The red pegasus asked as she sipped her smoothie.

[Grief's Cafe]

The foal mock gasped. "Curse it all...oh is the woe of woeing woe. You fiend."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight, meanwhile, had knocked over her saddlebag by accident. As she was putting things away, she noticed a copy of Nightmare Night #6 was among them. She stared at the cover for a moment, something about it bothering her, but she couldn't figure out what.

"Is it now? How is it so? Does it also involve the whole being theatrical and using your skills to enrapture an audience?" The red pegasus asked as she sipped her smoothie.[/COLOR]
    "Well, yeah," Heart said offhandedly (offhoofedly?). "It's as much playacting and showmanship as 'magic', especially for non-unicorns."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

LePale Night finishes her drink rather quickly and then just...disappears. She doesn't teleport away, since there'd be a magic aura on her horn if she did, and she doesn't walk out...she's just gone.