New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers Wanted IC

If the group hadn't already turned heads, whelp they sure all did now. Luci's transformation seemed to have startled the elven waiter who dropped their tray, thankfully there weren't any drinks on it at the time.

"Wha-wha...wha....I've seen some odd things but I've n-never seen a changeling...before." He fidgeted and stood there gaping at Luci.

The half orc bodyguard quirked a brow and stiffen in posture as her reaction. There were some gasps from some of the frivolous young ladies who had resigned themselves to sitting at the bar counter. Even the bartender raised a brow and bobbed his head in an impressed manner.

"Wowwee....that was cool....I don't think I've ever seen such a thing....well...I have seen some mages, like one of my older brothers who could change their form with but a series of words from his lips, a series of hand gestures and a lock of hair not his own. But nothing like yours.....yours was more...elegent...I think that's the word,"
    The young Lord Athrun rambled with an excited look in his eyes.

"I always wondered what it would be like to have a twin,"
    He grinned at Luci and grabbed her hands with his both, as if though trying to convey his thoughts of her transforming into him for funsies.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Emily's eyes widened as Luci transformed before her eyes. She placed her hands on the table, realized they'd been protecting her coin pouch.

"Well, I never thought I'd be working with a changeling," she said. "Not after the incident with the tax collector anyway...." she added under her breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

"I see...truly there are wonders in this city I have never seen before." Shokah says to herself in awe. "I am honored to be traveling with you, Miss Luci."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Luci raises an eyebrow at the catgirl. "Tax collector? Pssssh. That shapeshifter needs to be a more ~creeeeee-aaaaa-tiiiiiive,~" she sing-songs in a lofty fashion.

She looks over at Shokah, and flashes another grin. "Oh, the honor is mine. And sorry if I startled you."

And then the young nobleman grabs her hands. She looks down and raises an eyebrow, before looking back up at him and grinning. "A twin, eh?"

See that mischievous flicker in her eyes?

Yeah, that's bad.

Another fwoosh of eerie green flame runs down the Changeling's body. Lord Althrun, if he's still holding her hands, will likely feel that the flames are not hot, but rather that they are cold, and create an odd tingling sensation if contact is made.

In the blink of an eye, Lord Althrun's twin is staring back at him. Only, the doppleganger is different from him in one major way - they're a lady.

"Twins are rather fascinating, wouldn't you say?" Luci asks, her voice very similar to the nobleman's in tone and manner, albeit much more effeminate for obvious reasons. "Also, you should probably be a little bit more specific with your requests, M'Lord." She gives a silly waggle of her eyebrows, just for good-natured fun.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Melindy took a big sip of her wine to hide her big, giggling grin. Oh, this Luci gal knew what was what alright; there might be some hope for this group yet. "I'll have to include a doppelganger clause in that contract freeing us from fake orders, just in case Miss Luci attempts to use her talents to wiggle out of cleanup duties." The halfling winked good-naturedly at the female version of her employer.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

The young lord stared, his mouth agape again as hint of red washed over his cheeks.

"I'm really cute as a lady...."
    He said absentmindedly as he reached up with a hand and touched the cheek of his female doppelganger self. Like a curious one he also touched the hair just to see if it felt real. After his invasion of personal space he snapped out of it and withdrew his hand. "I uh......I'm sorry....its just female me is really cute...is it weird that I think that?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The female Lord Althrun grins devilishly at Melindy. "Oooooo, that's a brilliant idea! I shoulda thought of that!"

She then looks back at Lord Althrun himself, particularly when he pokes her face. After looking slightly startled for a second, she smirks and lets out a soft snicker. "Oh no, it's not weird. Then again, I've seen and done a lot of weird things, so it's probably best not to ask my opinion." She then gives an "if you know what I mean" sort of grin, though it's hard to tell if she's being serious or not.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Anyways, after all the changeling shenanigans, Gabby introduced herself giving out whatever details Becca wants. Afterwards Athrun spoke to them about himself, his motives and reasons and then went all non sequiter with a random story of his childhood.

After an hour or so chatting, drinking (non alcohol drinks were available) and getting to know each other, Lord Athrun decided that it would be best to go have fun, partake in the festivities, live it up a little, because well, such revelry would not come so easily for them in the upcoming future.

Some departed ways, some stuck around Lord Athrun like an entourage, regardless, exploration and fun were to be had.

There was of course the circus on the outskirts of the city. Inside the city particularly in the Gold Market, peddlers were trying to sell all manner of treats. Near the palace, workers were getting ready the firework show for tonight.

Korvosian guards patrolled the city while a couple of Hellknights could be seen here and there keeping things in order and keeping rabbling and rousing out of the streets.

What is everyone want to do?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Gabrielle is going to go look for a good snack. Maybe a pastry, some cotton candy, some regular candy...basically, whatever she can find that sounds vaguely good.

She'll tag along with anybody who's interested in her.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Shokah, who originally thought that Gabrielle was a goddess, decided to tag along with her, since she feels a slight bit of kinship with the Kirin as a fellow warrior, and also feels like perhaps fewer people will stare at her pale Shoanti face if she's with her.

And since they have time for it anyway, she decides to make some light conversation.

"So...Gabrielle, what do you make of our employer? He seems...quite a bit more inexperienced than I had hoped."
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Still looking like a female Lord Althrun, Luci tags along with the young lord and his bodyguard. Assuming they visit the markets and celebrations, Luci does a good job of keeping up with the young lord, deftly moving through the crowds without breaking pace. At one point, though she disappears into the crowd... only to reappear a short moment later right alongside Lord Althrun, gnawing on a deep-fried shark fin. "Food here's good," she says between bites, grinning with happiness and excitement. "Want a bite?" she asks, offering the fried fin out towards Lord Althrun and his stalwart half-orc companion.

After they turn down the offer or take their own bites, Luci goes back to mauling her meal in a very undignified fashion unfitting of a "proper lady," such as the one she's currently in the guise of. "So why don't you omnomnomn tell me a little more about yourself and your guard, Lord Alturn?"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    Shokah, who originally thought that Gabrielle was a goddess, decided to tag along with her, since she feels a slight bit of kinship with the Kirin as a fellow warrior, and also feels like perhaps fewer people will stare at her pale Shoanti face if she's with her.

And since they have time for it anyway, she decides to make some light conversation.

"So...Gabrielle, what do you make of our employer? He seems...quite a bit more inexperienced than I had hoped."
    "To put it nicely, he seems like a little kid in an adult's body. I also have the strange urge to call him "Spark Chaser" for some reason." "I expect him to get overly excited at not overly exciting things on a rather consistent basis." Gabrielle says to Shokah.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

"I wonder, very much, if he understands the gravity of the mission he is setting out to accomplish...it shall be no small task for any of us."

Shokah looks around the big city a bit, feeling rather out of place. Never before has she been to an urban environment like this, or any other, to be true. And she is not quite sure what to do with herself.

Rather spontaneously, she says to Gabrielle, "So...are you interested in seeing the Castle of Korvosa?"
    Last edited by Trobby; 2013-03-17 at 04:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Elizabeth, meanwhile, found herself looking for Voren again at the circus tent. As she looked around, she found herself at the travelling zoo, where she decided to observe the animals. She wondered if it was a petting zoo as she entered.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Still looking like a female Lord Althrun, Luci tags along with the young lord and his bodyguard. Assuming they visit the markets and celebrations, Luci does a good job of keeping up with the young lord, deftly moving through the crowds without breaking pace. At one point, though she disappears into the crowd... only to reappear a short moment later right alongside Lord Althrun, gnawing on a deep-fried shark fin. "Food here's good," she says between bites, grinning with happiness and excitement. "Want a bite?" she asks, offering the fried fin out towards Lord Althrun and his stalwart half-orc companion.

After they turn down the offer or take their own bites, Luci goes back to mauling her meal in a very undignified fashion unfitting of a "proper lady," such as the one she's currently in the guise of. "So why don't you omnomnomn tell me a little more about yourself and your guard, Lord Alturn?"
    Melindy had opted to tag along with Luci, get a chance to know the tricky changeling a bit better. But out of professional respect, she would give her the space she needed to work; the halfling always managed to conveniently get waylaid by a vendor, or dash ahead to catch sight of some show. They would have plenty of time to talk later, of course.

Those with sharp eyes would notice that the Halfling never left a single footprint, but then again, they were awfully small folks. Must be one of their small-folk tricks.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

4:20-ish PM

Going North in Korvosa

As Gabrielle and Shokah talk about the young lord and walk in a north-ish manner, Gabrielle will see a few peddlers trying to sell some fried pastries in a very saturated market right now. Many of them were getting shooed away by Korvosian guards on account of not having permits to sell in the South Shore district.
    =================

Going somewhere in Korvosa

Lord Athrun happily took some bites of her deep fried shark fin as he also happily pigged out on some fried reefclaw meat on a stick.

"Mmm...well....what do you want to know exactly madam?"
    He asked his 'twin' after a moment of silence due to chewing and swallowing. Around them as they walked down the narrow cobblestone streets, children played around playing with popper rocks.

As for Melindy, the half orc bodyguard kept an eye on her, couldn't have one of her young lord's companions getting trampled on or something. A few little kids tried to get Melindy to join in their games since she looked a little kid, to those not really paying attention.
    ==================

Umbra Circus Carnival Grounds-Travelling Zoo

As Elizabeth entered the tent that lead into the zoo, it turned out to not be the petting zoo she expected. It was what it was self described as, a zoo. But there were still many sights to behold in cages, like several mundane creatures such as bears, jungle cats, monkeys etc to more magical beasts such as three animated skeletons, a manticore, and even a baby dragon.

"Come one and all, admission is free even with so many animals to see~ See the amazing albino monkey twins and Ottie the ocelot, feast your eyes on a monstrous manticore," A carnival barker announced as guests walked into the large tent to take witness to the animals on display. "Donations are always welcomed, every coin you donate helps us help the animals." The barker continued on with a flair, repeating the same lines but with slightly different variations.

Moments later, Miss Starr would feel someone grab her shoulder, turning around would reveal the tiefling Voren flashing her a smile.

"Heard there was a catfolk wandering the grounds, knew it had to be you." He chuckled.

"Oh...is this your friend Voren?" The barker asked with a small smirk as he looked down at the two from his podium.

"Oh, yes, a fellow gunslinger, and all around cool cat...haha....I probably should get hit for that joke.." Voren laughed keeping his hat on his head. "Miss Starr, this is Berthold Flavion, he owns the zoo himself."

The barker tilted his tricorn hat at Elizabeth.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Eliza smiled to herself as she observed the animals in their pens, but the smile vanished when she saw the dragon. When Voren and his friend arrived, she turned to face them, her expression unreadable.

"Voren?" she asked in a slow, measured voice. "What is that dragon doing here?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Eliza smiled to herself as she observed the animals in their pens, but the smile vanished when she saw the dragon. When Voren and his friend arrived, she turned to face them, her expression unreadable.

"Voren?" she asked in a slow, measured voice. "What is that dragon doing here?"

"Its uh...on display to attract onlookers?" He offered with an awkward smile and forced chuckle.

"Voren, don't hurt yourself," Berthold Flavion told the tielfing keeping an affable smile and shooed him off to the side.

"Miss, I am a collector, a collector who is simply trying to show the good people fantastic creatures they would never otherwise see in their lives, I don't even charge folks because that would be wrong." He told Miss Starr as he leaned against his podium.

As for the baby dragon, it just slept there in its carnival wagon display cage as two guards stood at the sides to keep people from getting too close or sticking their hands between the bars and getting bit. From inside the wagon and the entrance angle, it would be hard to get a good look of it sleeping.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Its uh...on display to attract onlookers?" He offered with an awkward smile and forced chuckle.

"Voren, don't hurt yourself," Berthold Flavion told the tielfing keeping an affable smile and shooed him off to the side.

"Miss, I am a collector, a collector who is simply trying to show the good people fantastic creatures they would never otherwise see in their lives, I don't even charge folks because that would be wrong." He told Miss Starr as he leaned against his podium.

As for the baby dragon, it just slept there in its carnival wagon display cage as two guards stood at the sides to keep people from getting too close or sticking their hands between the bars and getting bit. From inside the wagon and the entrance angle, it would be hard to get a good look of it sleeping.
    Elizabeth glanced back at the dragon before speaking.

"Did it consent to this?" she asked. "Also, is it a he or a she?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Shokah, who is waiting for Gabrielle to respond, eyes the various pastries, and the men being told not to sell those pastries, warily. She cannot imagine why they would not be allowed to sell their wares where they wish to, but decides it is best not to interfere with city regulations.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

With Lord Althrun

The human-guised Changeling grins coyly. "Well, now I know that you're not as haughty and arrogant as most nobles I've known. Most of 'em would have just started babbling about themselves, not ask for specifics and such," she explains slyly. "But no, I don't really wanna know anything specific. Just whatever you feel like sharing. Family, hobbies, exploits, hopes and dreams, cooking ability or lack thereof, so on and so forth," she shrugs, before resuming her meal.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Elizabeth glanced back at the dragon before speaking.

"Did it consent to this?" she asked. "Also, is it a he or a she?"
    "Consent? You're a funny feline...girl..both....You might as well have asked me if a hammer gave its consent to be used to build a fence. Hahah...." Berthold Flavion then gave Voren a look as if to say to 'get this hairy hippie out of here'. Voren kinda had hung out in the background a little derped.

"Hauh...oh uh...heeeeeeeeeeeey Miss Starr....you missed my show...but...I have that little target set up behind my tent...I totally want to see your gun skills," Voren told the catfolk putting on a huge grin.

Feel free to Roll a Sense Motive in the OOC thread

With Lord Althrun

The human-guised Changeling grins coyly. "Well, now I know that you're not as haughty and arrogant as most nobles I've known. Most of 'em would have just started babbling about themselves, not ask for specifics and such," she explains slyly. "But no, I don't really wanna know anything specific. Just whatever you feel like sharing. Family, hobbies, exploits, hopes and dreams, cooking ability or lack thereof, so on and so forth," she shrugs, before resuming her meal.

"Oh...I like collecting wizard moving picture books....you ever seen them?...They're like those..ah..animated flip books but enchanted to have sounds and smells and other neat effects as you flip the pages and let the image move,"
    The young lord said gesturing with his hands, almost dropping his own treats.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

"I wonder, very much, if he understands the gravity of the mission he is setting out to accomplish...it shall be no small task for any of us."

Shokah looks around the big city a bit, feeling rather out of place. Never before has she been to an urban environment like this, or any other, to be true. And she is not quite sure what to do with herself.

Rather spontaneously, she says to Gabrielle, "So...are you interested in seeing the Castle of Korvosa?"
    "Yes, I would be quite interested in that, but can we get some pastries first?" She asks, paying one of the venders for a particularly tasty looking one she saw. Mmm, cream filling!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Oh...I like collecting wizard moving picture books....you ever seen them?...They're like those..ah..animated flip books but enchanted to have sounds and smells and other neat effects as you flip the pages and let the image move,"
    The young lord said gesturing with his hands, almost dropping his own treats.
    "Neat!" Luci chimes. "I actually got hired to recover one of those once, back when I was doing jobs in Riddleport. The proper owner was very happy to pay me for its safe return, and even happier to pay me not to tell his wife about its existence." She gives a waggle of her eyebrows, so young Lord will fully understand what sort of book she had to steal back.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Yes, I would be quite interested in that, but can we get some pastries first?" She asks, paying one of the venders for a particularly tasty looking one she saw. Mmm, cream filling!
    "...ah, yes, the exchange of money. I have some, I believe I shall give this a try."

Shokah purchases one for herself, and is a bit confused when the vendor tries to give her back more coins than she gave him, but reluctantly accepts his odd generosity, and bites into the pastry.

"The castle was built atop thassalonian ruins...if there are any relics left from them, I would most definitely like to see it with my own eyes."
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

"...ah, yes, the exchange of money. I have some, I believe I shall give this a try."

Shokah purchases one for herself, and is a bit confused when the vendor tries to give her back more coins than she gave him, but reluctantly accepts his odd generosity, and bites into the pastry.

"The castle was built atop thassalonian ruins...if there are any relics left from them, I would most definitely like to see it with my own eyes."
    "I would too. Honestly, the whole experience sounds like it could be quite exciting in a good way, even if our employer does sound a little ill-prepared." Gabrielle said to Shokah, and resumed eating her pastry.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

To the Somewhere in Korvosa

"Riddleport...how exciting...Is it really all hive of scum and villainy---" And then Luci made mention, or made hint at what sort of magical animated flip book she recovered in her job. He gave her a bashful look.

"I admit.....I myself may have...once or twice...once...entertained friends with taking ganders at those...books...hahah...heh...I don't even know why I admitted that."
    He rubbed his mouth with his gloved hand and sheepishly smiled.
    ---

Towards the Heights district/Citadel Hill and thus Castle Korvosa

When the two eventually make their way down the just as many busy streets filled with a lot of people enjoying the festivities, they would soon be closer to the grand Castle Korvosa that loomed over her city. Shops, and carts and what not lined the streets and it was colorful.

Before them rising above ground level was the Grand Mastaba, a four-sided sandstone pyramid that was built to a cyclopean scale. A set of stairs cut for humans rises up the centers of all four sides of the pyramid. Though despite its grandness, it is slightly marred with one corner crumbled and worn.

<Optional Knowledge History Check for the Grand Mastaba>

On top of the grand mastaba was Castle Korvosa, teh castle itself was formed black marble with multiple towers rise from the roofed keep.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

"Consent? You're a funny feline...girl..both....You might as well have asked me if a hammer gave its consent to be used to build a fence. Hahah...." Berthold Flavion then gave Voren a look as if to say to 'get this hairy hippie out of here'. Voren kinda had hung out in the background a little derped.

"Hauh...oh uh...heeeeeeeeeeeey Miss Starr....you missed my show...but...I have that little target set up behind my tent...I totally want to see your gun skills," Voren told the catfolk putting on a huge grin.
    Oh.

Oh, that was so the wrong thing to say. And you could tell just by glancing at her.

"Except a hammer is not a living, sapient creature," she growled. "That's not like using a tool to build a f***ing fence, or even a zoo. That is slavery, and you know it."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Luci smirks coyly at the young noble. "You admitted it because I put you at ease with my friendly demeanor and unnatural charm, and because it's rather obvious that I won't judge you for your choices of reading material. Or at least, that would be my guess."

The Changeling grins crookedly. "And yes, Riddleport is quite the city. Scoundrels, rogues, thieves, the intricacies of the criminal underworld, manipulation, gambling, prostitution, corruption, vandalism, smuggling, annnnnd the occasional case of public intoxication." One of these things is not like the other. "Usually all within the same city block!" she exclaims cheerfully. Is she joking? She's probably joking. Probably.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Umbra Traveling Circus-Zoo Tent

"Sapient?...Haha...they're just beasts silly girl," Berthold Flavion chuckled as his expression turned sour as she took to using foul language. "Voren, tell your little foul mouthed friend that it's not slavery and even if it was, slavery isn't illegal here." Technically. At this point, some of the carnival guards started to take notice and slowly advance their way toward the scene.

Voren found himself with a fretful look and put up his hands defensively over his chest. He then winced and pleadingly looked at Elizabeth. "Miss Starr...please...drop it...I'll...explain to you the situation.....in private.." He whispered in her ear as if he didn't want Mister Flavion to hear his words.

=====================
    Luci smirks coyly at the young noble. "You admitted it because I put you at ease with my friendly demeanor and unnatural charm, and because it's rather obvious that I won't judge you for your choices of reading material. Or at least, that would be my guess."

The Changeling grins crookedly. "And yes, Riddleport is quite the city. Scoundrels, rogues, thieves, the intricacies of the criminal underworld, manipulation, gambling, prostitution, corruption, vandalism, smuggling, annnnnd the occasional case of public intoxication." One of these things is not like the other. "Usually all within the same city block!" she exclaims cheerfully. Is she joking? She's probably joking. Probably.

"While I was still in university in *Egorian, it was kinda like that...but not really...at the same time it can be a den of sin...but its also heavily regulated. Like...you can partake in all the prostitution, gambling and drinking you want without legal repercussions...so as long as you pay your Vice Taxes in a timely manner."
    Athrun said after listening and bobbing his head as Luci spoke. He then munched on his pastry gobbling up the last bite.