New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers Wanted IC

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    "Very well, I shall take the role of the dragon, since it is large and requires two hands. Gabrielle, you shall take the role of the Knight and Princess. Upon your cue...ah...forgive me, I haven't yet gotten your name."
    "Forgive me, my name is Flavi Farrion." He said with a small customary bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I shall Endeavor to do my best." Gabrielle says, and takes the Knight and princess. "What kind of story are you looking for?" She asks the puppeteer/Narrator.
    He stared blankly at Gabrielle and pointed to the scroll scripts. "This on these scrolls." He said taking her question literary.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

And just like that, the flighty Changeling runs off, and Melindy is faced with a decision; does she stay in the boring, likely fake fortune-teller's tent, or does she go out to protect a valuable, potential future co-worker while getting a chance to see her in action?

The better question; why was she still standing here?

"Sit tight, Lord Arthrun," she calls back as she hobbles her way after Luci. "Enjoy the rest of your fortune, and we'll have this sorted out in just a moment!" She tries to sound as confident and reassuring as possible. Partially to make a good impression, partially to keep her future paycheck-dispenser alive and kicking.

The others may note that, in spite of her haste, she still leaves no footprints behind.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

The Carnival Grounds

Voren followed, grimacing.

Outside as people scrambled around there was...the monitor lizard...around snapping at people.

"Aaaaah...someone save my baby!" A man's voice yelled aloud, it was none other than Berthold Flavion, the owner of the traveling zoo. He looked like he was about to faint. "She's scared and confused!" He yelled out as the monitor lizard ran through some large fancy dress of an aristocratic patron as the woman screamed. The monitor lizard seemed to be headed towards the direction of the freakshow area.

<Lizzy, Luci, Melindy make a Peception Check>

Back inside the fortune teller's tent Athrun stood to leave but Hajeck quickly reached over and grabbed his wrist to his startlement. This immediately prompted his bodyguard to reach towards her back for her double axe as she bared her fangs.

Hajeck paused and released his wrist. "Forgive me....I needed you to stay a moment...tell you what the cards said to me..The words are for your ears only." She then moved her from her seat and stood up and bent over to whisper into his ears. His eyes blinked, his brow furrowed. The bodyguard narrowed her eyes.

"Mmm...very well then.."
    He nodded as he grabbed his bag off the ground and stood up.
    =========

Athrun and his mute bodyguard emerged from the tent to join the others.
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-05-05 at 02:19 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Luci skids to a halt when she sees the large lizard. Her shoulders actually slump a bit. "Oh. Oh. Sheesh, you folks are jumpy. Wonder how they'd react to me..." the Changeling mumbles to herself, before casting a quick look around to assess the situation. "Hmmm. Music soothes the savage beast, as they say."

Luci looks down at Melindy as she catches up. "Psst. Got any musical instruments on you?"

(Perception: (1d2+6)[7])
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Shokah and Gabby do Acting

Fast forwarding a bit to where six people were drawn to the show on the account they were quite curious about this strange looking paladin with a weird growth on her forehead. But it was good enough for Flavi.

===

"Once upon a time in the distance land of Nirmanthas, there was a terrible dragon who plagued the small mining town of Skelt," Flavi narrated as he quickly turned some knobs that drew the mini stage's curtain to show a backdrop of a small mining town set in front of some mountains. He gestured for Shokah to have the dragon fly around looking menacing. "Demanding more than 3/4s of their mined gold least he burn their village to the ground." For Shokah there was a unique string to yank that would have the dragon 'breath fire' which was just shiny red paper fluttering from the dragon's mouth.

<Cue Shokah delivering the dragon's lines, whatever you want them to be>
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-05-04 at 03:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Shokah has the dragon land on the house made to represent the entire town, gesturing with its claws in a far more dignified way than one would expect from a terrible, uncivilized beast.

"I am the dragon Svlirn, I come from the highest mountains, within the deepest caverns, with the most insatiable lust for man's beauty. My demands are simple. Hand over three of every fourths share of gold, jewels and silver that every man, woman and child possesses, or from you I shall take the most beautiful woman in town, and keep her as my prize. Fail to deliver either one..."

At this, she lifted the dragon's head, and had it blow "fire" into the sky menacingly.

"And I shall burn you to the ground. None shall shine more beautifully than I in this land."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    The Carnival Grounds

Voren followed, grimacing.

Outside as people scrambled around there was...the monitor lizard...around snapping at people.

"Aaaaah...someone save my baby!" A man's voice yelled aloud, it was none other than Berthold Flavion, the owner of the traveling zoo. He looked like he was about to faint. "She's scared and confused!" He yelled out as the monitor lizard ran through some large fancy dress of an aristocratic patron as the woman screamed. The monitor lizard seemed to be headed towards the direction of the freakshow area.
    Liz rushed out expecting to see an actual dragon attacking the fair ... only to find the monitor lizard from earlier. She sighed, pulling out her dragon pistol and a specific cartridge of ammo.

She really shouldn't have been surprised, she decided. It was painfully obvious, she was just too excited to realize it. She leveled the dragon pistol at the not-dragon (haha, irony), waited until it was in the open and she had a clear shot, and pulled the trigger, firing a sticky goop at the critter. Hopefully it would be stuck long enough to recapture it safely and with minimal fuss.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Entangling Ammo.

Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[24]
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-05-05 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Melindy leans heavily on her stick after her short, hobbling sprint. "Nay, never could get the hang of them myself. I could get it's attention, if you think you could bag it once it runs over." she suggests.

(Perception: (1d20+8)[21])

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Carnival Grounds

Melindy and Elizabeth would hear the faint cry of someone yelling out "You're free! You're free now!" followed by the roaring sound of something...beastial. Unfortunately Luci for that moment was distracted when a running patron crashed into her who quickly scrambled without so much an apology.

As for the monitor lizard, it hissed and struggled against the mess that trapped it in and snapped at any near by people.

"Aaah...oh my baby..oh sweet Caroline..!" Berthold Flavion ran towards the monitor lizard who hissed and snapped at him causing Berthold to fall backwards on his rear end. He then caught sight of Elizabeth and pointed an accusing finger. "You again!"

As for Voren he caught up with Elizabeth and looked wide eye at the mess. "Uh..."

Athrun and His bodyguard stuff to come a moment later

=========

Shokah and Gabby do Acting

The younger ones in the small audience gasped at the entrance of the dragon and its proclamations.

Flavi smiled and continued on. "Unfortunately one day, the people of the town were not able to meet to the dragon's demands and so he fulfilled his terrible word..."

<cue Shokah with the dragon and Gabby with the 'princess' or rather the mayor's daughter>

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Carnival Grounds

Melindy and Elizabeth would hear the faint cry of someone yelling out "You're free! You're free now!" followed by the roaring sound of something...beastial. Unfortunately Luci for that moment was distracted when a running patron crashed into her who quickly scrambled without so much an apology.

As for the monitor lizard, it hissed and struggled against the mess that trapped it in and snapped at any near by people.

"Aaah...oh my baby..oh sweet Caroline..!" Berthold Flavion ran towards the monitor lizard who hissed and snapped at him causing Berthold to fall backwards on his rear end. He then caught sight of Elizabeth and pointed an accusing finger. "You again!"

As for Voren he caught up with Elizabeth and looked wide eye at the mess. "Uh..."
    "You're welcome for catching your monitor lizard," Liz said sweetly. Well, more like trollishly. "By the way, did anyone else hear that? Cries of 'you're free' followed by some sort of bestial roaring?"
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-05-07 at 12:18 AM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Melindy's ears catch something that sounds...a little more dangerous than a runaway lizard. Offering a hand to Luci if she needs it, the halfling motions with her stick in the general direction of the noise. "Come on! It sounds like whoever set this beastie free isn't done yet, and I don't fancy getting trampled, eaten, or gored today."

She would head off in the direction of the sound.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Luci looks back and forth between Liz, Melindy, the angry circus dude, and the direction the shouting and roaring came from.

She then looks down at Melindy, winks, and then moves to disappear into the crowd.

The Changeling tries to blend in with the various patrons, attempting to look innocuous as she makes her way towards the source of all the noise, looking for anyone or anything else out place as she goes.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth: (1d20+8)[12]
    Perception: (1d20+6)[19]

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Carnival Shenanigans

Berthold Flavion rassum'd and frassum'd at Elizabeth and her trollish tone. The monitor lizard snapped at Berthold again when he tried to console his lizard. "Aaah...Caroline...this is not the time to be naughty."

Anyways.

"I didn't hear anything.."
    Athrun said as he popped into the scene. "What's even going on?..." He looked around made a small 'o' with his mouth and gawked at the monitor lizard.

Anyways, the direction of the odd roar and proclamation of freedom came from the north, towards the traveling zoo tent.
    -------------------
    The area to the north of the Midway where the traveling zoo tent lay, had its crowd thinning out and as Luci approached moving against the thinned crowd she was stopped by one of the circus guards who held his hand out, palm out.

"Halt, we cannot permit civilians within the proximity, it has been closed off. For your own safety please turn back ma'am." The circus guard said to Luci. Behind him two guards entered the tent. Luci would then hear a Wilhelm Scream from within.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Luci smiles pleasantly at the guard, before leaning to the side to look past his shoulder. Her smile fades, turning into an uncomfortable frown. "Yikes. Your friends sound like they're in trouble," she muses, before looking back at the guard with an expression of genuine concern. "At first I was just being nosy, but now I'm actually worried. Maybe you should go help them out? I may have a pretty face, but I know my way around a sword, so if you want, I can help back you up. Seriously, it sounds like they may be in a bit over their heads, and I'd hate for them to get hurt because you were stuck out here and I wasn't able to pitch in to help." She pats the pommel of the shortsword on her hip, and flashes a sly grin across her fair features. "Shall we?"

Spoiler
    Show

Luci genuinely wants to help, so this seems like Diplomacy.

Diplomacy: (1d20+12)[21]+1 if he thinks she's pretty.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

"And I may be able to lend a little aid to your compatriots as well," Melindy chimed in from behind Luci, in-between pants for breath. With her heavy armor, lack of sneaking ability, and walking stick, her journey was filled with significantly more bumps and scrapes and slowness. A point in the young lady's favor; she certainly could get around easily.

Melindy straightend up as best as she could, putting her full nearly-three-feet of stature to good use. But she let Luci's story stand, merely playing the competent-looking companion to lend the changeling's supposed skill a little more credence. "A touch of healing magic, a heavy stick, and a little luck certainly can't hurt, no?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling to aid Luci's story:
    Diplomacy +11: (1d20+11)[16]

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh Great and Majestic Svlirn, I shall go with you, please just spare my people." The mayor's daughter says, resigned to her fate.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

In response, the dragon gently strokes her cheek with a single claw, and speaks to her, with fire licking its lips.

"For beauty such as yours, I shall spare them. For your perfection to be mine, to hold you as a trophy for all time, so that I shall be bested by none other in this land, I shall spare their insignificant lives."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Carnival Antics

The circus guard narrowed his eyes as he looked between the two and softly snorted. "Very well, however I am not responsible if anything happens to you." He said sternly as he would then allow them passed him. "If anyone asks, you snuck in yourselves."

Meanwhile, via convoluted antics, Athrun found himself running into Elizabeth having had lost his way trying to follow the halfling in the crowd. Because you know, she's so short.

"Miss Elizabeth...!"
    He called out to her.
    ===========================================

Dragonus Dramaticus

"And so with such a heavy falling upon the mining town, the greedy dragon took the fair maiden and brought her to her lair where he then imposed his rules over her." Flavi narrated as he pulled a knob that transformed the background into the lair of the dragon, complete with a painted treasure horde.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Luci smirks at the guard. "Or we could say we used magic, as sneaking in implies you weren't paying good enough attention. And we wouldn't want you getting in trouble, now would we?" the Changeling quips with a wink, before slinking past him. "Come along, my friend," he gestures to Melindy, "We have disasters to help avert."

And with that, she scurries into the tent to see what sort of chaos and carnage is afoot.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

"Right behind you..." Melindy says, slipping a hand into her pack. A sling bullet is loaded into the decorative straps on her walking stick's top end as the two enter the tent with the rest of the guards.

Practical, and deadly! A winning combination.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Carnival Shenanigans

Berthold Flavion rassum'd and frassum'd at Elizabeth and her trollish tone. The monitor lizard snapped at Berthold again when he tried to console his lizard. "Aaah...Caroline...this is not the time to be naughty."

Anyways.

"I didn't hear anything.."
    Athrun said as he popped into the scene. "What's even going on?..." He looked around made a small 'o' with his mouth and gawked at the monitor lizard.

Anyways, the direction of the odd roar and proclamation of freedom came from the north, towards the traveling zoo tent.
    Meanwhile, via convoluted antics, Athrun found himself running into Elizabeth having had lost his way trying to follow the halfling in the crowd. Because you know, she's so short.

"Miss Elizabeth...!"
    He called out to her.
    Liz frowned, glancing back and forth from the zookeeper, to Voren, to Athrun. "I don't know," she said, already walking in the direction of the new commotion. "There's some sort of commotion going on at the zoo."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-05-11 at 01:08 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Dragonus Dramaticus

"And so with such a heavy falling upon the mining town, the greedy dragon took the fair maiden and brought her to her lair where he then imposed his rules over her." Flavi narrated as he pulled a knob that transformed the background into the lair of the dragon, complete with a painted treasure horde.
    "You shall be the masterpiece of my horde, the most beautiful gem in all my treasures." The dragon says as the scene shifts.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Meow goes the big deadly kitty- Luci and Melindy

As Melindy and Luci enter the tent after that little spiel with the carnival guard they come across the sight of a manticore free from its cage as three guards stood facing it with clubs in their hands. A fourth lay bloodied but alive several feet away on the ground against a pile of hay. Inside the tent was a cacophony of noise as the other caged animals hollered and bayed and made all kinds of noise to what was going on inside here.

Luci and Melindy would be twenty five feet away from where the guards faced off against the manticore. As for the interior, it was a fairly large tent with a pen for the less eat your face off creatures, with a good number of cage wagons of the other creatures. The height of the tent was about thirty five feet with six major support beams holding it up along with a good number of smaller beams in a circular layout.

<Perception Check>

===========

Elizabeth, Athrun, Voren, Orc Bodyguard, and Berthold

"Aaaah....they had better not hurt Manny or any of my animals...!" Berthold and his priorities exclaimed. Voren rolled his eyes and prepped a gun.

"Come on...I hardly doubt the creatures are in anymore danger than the people." The tiefling said.

Athrun looked between the new people a little confused here but he shrugged and dramatically pointed toward the tent. "We must help our friends, introductions for later!" The half orc grunted and held her axe at the ready.

"Don't hurt my babies!" Cried out you know who as he was left behind to deal with his stickied lizard love.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Elizabeth, Athrun, Voren, Orc Bodyguard, and Berthold

"Aaaah....they had better not hurt Manny or any of my animals...!" Berthold and his priorities exclaimed. Voren rolled his eyes and prepped a gun.

"Come on...I hardly doubt the creatures are in anymore danger than the people." The tiefling said.

Athrun looked between the new people a little confused here but he shrugged and dramatically pointed toward the tent. "We must help our friends, introductions for later!" The half orc grunted and held her axe at the ready.

"Don't hurt my babies!" Cried out you know who as he was left behind to deal with his stickied lizard love.
    Liz prepped her pistols, loading them with ammo. Flare shot went in the dragon pistol, while regular ammo went in the double-barreled one. When Berthold shouted not to hurt them, she rounded on him.

"You, shut up!" she snapped. "I will try my best not to, but I will not let them endanger the lives of the people here! If you're so concerned about their well-being, then perhaps you should have made sure they were better secured!"

That said, she swiftly made her way towards the tent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate (because why not?): (1d20+4)[11]

Eh, nevermind, no real reason to.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-05-11 at 06:08 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Dragonus Dramaticus

Gabrielle manipulates the princess to have her look mournfully around the cave before eventually looking sadly out the cave mouth back towards where her home used to be, or the closest she can manage.

((If you were expecting more, just tell me tomorrow when I'm awake and less likely to potentially misinterpret things.))

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Gabrielle manipulates the princess to have her look mournfully around the cave before eventually looking sadly out the cave mouth back towards where her home used to be, or the closest she can manage.

"And with that a heaviness befell the mining town losing their fairest of all maidens.." Flavi narrated as he pulled a knob and switched back to the town, except this time its colors were more greyed out and the skies cloudy.

"In the past weeks many young heroes tried in vain to rescue the young maiden but all were felled to the dragon's might. However one day, a young hero was making their way home after many years at battle when the news reached their ears of a fowl dragon's control over their town and abduction of the mayor's daughter. The young hero just would not have it."

<cue The Hero controlled by Becca>

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

[Inside the Tent]

Melindy's sharp eyes catch a flicker of movement by the tent flap. That could mean one of two things, but seeing how it was far too large to be an escaped monkey, that just left one likely choice. And while her repertoire of magic could help with that, the wounded guard, or even the manticore, her chief interest lay elsewhere.

The halfling leans on her stick, surveying the situation as she whispers to Luci, "The animal-lover's escaping out the tent, back behind those monkey cages." Melindy motions with her stick to the spot, then looks expectantly at the changeling. "Guard, beast, escapee, which to deal with first?"

[Melindy is delaying her action until after Luci.]

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"And with that a heaviness befell the mining town losing their fairest of all maidens.." Flavi narrated as he pulled a knob and switched back to the town, except this time its colors were more greyed out and the skies cloudy.

"In the past weeks many young heroes tried in vain to rescue the young maiden but all were felled to the dragon's might. However one day, a young hero was making their way home after many years at battle when the news reached their ears of a fowl dragon's control over their town and abduction of the mayor's daughter. The young hero just would not have it."

<cue The Hero controlled by Becca>
    Gabrielle did her best to do a heroic male hero voice. It wasn't bad.

"What's this? A foul lizard has stolen the mayor's daughter? This is completely unacceptable! Fear not, fair maiden! I the Gallant Knight Godfrey shall save you from this evil dragon!" She says, coming off as fairly hammy.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Luci catches Melindy's gaze, and frowns. "You see what you can do for the guard. The manticore isn't a real manticore, but it's still dangerous. I'm going to try to handle the creature's 'savior' real quick."

Luci then proceeds to slink after the escaping animal lover, trying to catch up to them without being heard or noticed.

(Stealth: (1d20+8)[10])
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-05-15 at 12:22 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Melindy rolls the tendons in her neck in readiness. "Good hunting, Miss Luci." she says with a twinge of disappointment as the changeling slinks off. Well, she would at least be able to see the results of her work, but it would so please her to see Luci in action.

She'd just have to handle this manticore business quickly then, now wouldn't she?

"Alright, first and last warning:" she calls out as she hobbles within range of the manticore, moving until she was a mere ten feet away. She plants her staff into the dirt with a solid *thud*, one hand reaching into a little pocket of odds and ends while the other started tracing some arcane patterns in the air. "Stand back away from the beastie, unless you want a headache too." Melindy grins eagerly beneath glowing eyes, holding back on the magic for a few moments to let the poor saps move.

[Readied action: Casting a spell - defensively if need be - as soon as the guards move out of the way or if the manticore attacks.]
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-05-15 at 09:59 AM.