New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Epic 6 Eberron

Toox looks down at his tapping foot and a shiver runs down his back. There is no way he enjoyed the music that much. He senses danger. But then, Toox is always anxious. Given his local, he decides to take that nagging feeling seriously. He would have to work quickly. You can't stay in one place long down here it would seem.

He grabbed whatever swill the bartender handed him and went straight up to the dealer. Hopefully he wouldn't have to use the "beer trick". First he thrusts the drink into the dealers hands and says you look thirsty. Have a drink. Toox has found that people tend to take what has been handed to them without thinking if it is done quickly and with a smile. Then the gamble. Now, I suggest you give me your wares for free. You will make the money back later.

Spoiler
    Show
    Suggestion. Will dc 15.

He really hoped he didn't have to use the beer trick, but if this fool caught on to what he was doing he would.
    Last edited by boldfont; 2013-02-19 at 09:31 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

"Excellent. I knew you'd be reasonable." Henrich pust the vials into his pockets. He would miss the potion later, but for now he has gotten a net gain, and that is what matters.

He walks up to the warforged, slightly tapping his foot to the now gone melody. Whatever the reason for his unusual enjoyment of the music, it doesn't bother. Enchantments and mind-control never had been problems for him. His willpower is inhuman, and no bard or other magician could ever hope to gain power over him.

"You there, workers. I need to know which forge you work at. Tell me where it is!"
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

3. - Top - End - #33

The tune had gotten into her head just as surely as it had the other patrons of the bar, and before she knew it, Nox had been watching the Bugbear play and the Human dance with rapt attention. The woman's alluring dance had been bewitching...

And it was only now, after it had finished, that Nox realised how bizarre that was. She'd entered Shamukaar feeling anxious and worried about the safety of her twin, and had immediately tried to mediate with the freakishly tall human and the Half-Elf merchant. Listening to that tune and watching the Dancer should have been the last thing on her mind.

Not to mention, Nox had never felt much more than a passing interest in those of her biological gender (well... at least most of the time). The attention she'd payed to the duo was uncharacteristic.

All these thoughts rattled through her head in the instant after the song ended, and the pair of musicians left the stage.

Nox then realised that she was still tapping her foot in time with the song...

That settles it! She thought to herself, before calmly walking over to her brother.

She clapped her hand on the Friar's shoulder fondly, and whispered in his ear "I'll be back soon, Little Brother. Please, be careful, okay?"

The "Half-Orc" strolled across the room and through the door after the Musicians, Eagle's Claw held tightly between scarred fingers.
    Last edited by Golden Ladybug; 2013-02-24 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    Forgive me for being ignorant, but how would 15/adamantine protect the dragon from hitting the ground at over 4,4 billion newtons?

4. - Top - End - #34

Keeping his eyes on Heinrich and the warforged to make sure his only way out of this Host forsaken underbelly of Sharn doesn't leave without him, Kevros asks the merchant, "You mentioned a shipment you needed to get somewhere? In the Cogs or up above?"

5. - Top - End - #35

Toox taps his foot. This time, not to the music lingering in his mind, but out of impatience waiting for the merchant in front of him to respond. Did his little charm work? Was he about to get stabbed in the belly? And what about the warforged and the arrogant man beside him? In his head it seemed as if days and days had passed, yet it was only seconds.
    Last edited by boldfont; 2013-02-27 at 12:58 PM.