New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Baulder's Gate 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    Which method worked? Clicking the quickslot item or getting the stone through other means? Pickpocket, looting corpse or cheating?

I like to be thorough.
    pickpocketing. I am not in the business of killing small children. I also dislike cheating... it's... cheating

P.S. Thanks Captain Grammar nazi.

Excellent tactics.
    Thank you! Another one I am working on is time traps and spike traps, not sure how to work them in though. But they've been fun so far!
    Last edited by Immabozo; 2013-02-20 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tricktroller View Post
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Certainly if you have magic, or magic items that specify that is how that goes, it does. why? Because MAGIC! Does that mean that is how that works in general? Well, the same way that a wizard cast a finger of death on something and that means that whatever he points at must make a save or die. Well, I guess thats ok, cause in D&D, death doesn't stop them from living.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    Barbarians are sweet at first level, especially if the main goal is indiscriminate murder.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

pickpocketing. I am not in the business of killing small children. I also dislike cheating... it's... cheating
    Excellent. It's the solution I would have chosen, if given a choice.

Thank you! Another one I am working on is time traps and spike traps, not sure how to work them in though. But they've been fun so far!
    I usually save those for tough(ish) fights that I have enough warning to prep. Glyph of Warding works well, if you don't have thief levels (such as with fighter/Mage/cleric) as do skull traps (instead of fireball).

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Excellent. It's the solution I would have chosen, if given a choice.

I usually save those for tough(ish) fights that I have enough warning to prep. Glyph of Warding works well, if you don't have thief levels (such as with fighter/Mage/cleric) as do skull traps (instead of fireball).
    So far, I am not getting stuck on many tough fights. When I fought the demon knights in the underdark for the frost giant belt, I did it SO easily, I refought the fight in a few different tactics so that my similacrum didn't soak up two of my kills!

Although Watcher's Keep level 3 so far proves a little difficult. Especially the anti magic rooms. Although the Wild Magic rooms are fun!
    Last edited by Immabozo; 2013-02-20 at 08:30 PM.
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.
    Certainly if you have magic, or magic items that specify that is how that goes, it does. why? Because MAGIC! Does that mean that is how that works in general? Well, the same way that a wizard cast a finger of death on something and that means that whatever he points at must make a save or die. Well, I guess thats ok, cause in D&D, death doesn't stop them from living.
    Barbarians are sweet at first level, especially if the main goal is indiscriminate murder.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh oh, new problem. The sun Gem isn't working to let me into Adalon's cave!
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Uh oh, new problem. The sun Gem isn't working to let me into Adalon's cave!
    Eh? That's odd. Is the gem called 'Light Gem'? You should be able to get into the cave no matter how you got the gem, as she reacts to how you obtained it.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh? That's odd. Is the gem called 'Light Gem'? You should be able to get into the cave no matter how you got the gem, as she reacts to how you obtained it.
    Well, if I am carrying it, I get no text, but I cannot click on her entrance (but the icon changes) If I drop the gem on the floor, I get the overwhelming darkness blue text.

Whatever the gem is called. It's the one I pick pocketed from the king of the over sized toe warts.
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, if I am carrying it, I get no text, but I cannot click on her entrance (but the icon changes) If I drop the gem on the floor, I get the overwhelming darkness blue text.
    Eh, I'm stumped on this one. You might have to resort to cheating to get in and out of the cave.

Do you get the green marker on the map when you click the changed icon?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, I'm stumped on this one. You might have to resort to cheating to get in and out of the cave.

Do you get the green marker on the map when you click the changed icon?
    no green moving circle of arrows 8(

I did a full re-install in a non-program files location, no luck. I'm thinking go to the Beholder Lair, Illithid Lair and then cheat to the otherside of the exit door (cause I cant find a cheat into Adalon's lair)
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I did a full re-install in a non-program files location, no luck. I'm thinking go to the Beholder Lair, Illithid Lair and then cheat to the otherside of the exit door (cause I cant find a cheat into Adalon's lair)
    Oh, there's a code for it. I should be able to find it, even if I have to load one of my really old games and find it with the cheat keys (Ctrl+X, IIRC, should give you the location code for a map). I'll run in the cave, get it for you and post it later tonight.

EDIT:

AHAH! My Google-fu is strong today. That, or I'm persistent enough to find anything in the dark dredges of the internet.

AR2102 - Area Code for Adalon's Lair

Let me know if this does/doesn't work.
    Last edited by Eldonauran; 2013-02-21 at 05:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, there's a code for it. I should be able to find it, even if I have to load one of my really old games and find it with the cheat keys (Ctrl+X, IIRC, should give you the location code for a map). I'll run in the cave, get it for you and post it later tonight.

EDIT:

AHAH! My Google-fu is strong today. That, or I'm persistent enough to find anything in the dark dredges of the internet.

AR2102 - Area Code for Adalon's Lair

Let me know if this does/doesn't work.
    Oh my, the Google-fu is strong with this one.

It worked perfectly! I was able to play all the way into Ust Natha and then save and quit, to resume actual play at the opportune moment.

EDIT: Thank you SO much for all your help!
    Last edited by Immabozo; 2013-02-21 at 05:41 PM.
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thank you SO much for all your help!

As far as Baldur's Gate goes, I live to serve. That game has my undying loyalty ...

Glad you were able to get back on track without too much trouble.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

As far as Baldur's Gate goes, I live to serve. That game has my undying loyalty ...

Glad you were able to get back on track without too much trouble.
    That game is amazing. I'm thinking about trying a solo, single classed, wizard run through, now THAT will be interesting. Or perhaps fighter/mage because no trap disarm is a serious problem. plus, UAI is soooooo useful. If bracer's of armor and regular armor didn't conflict, I would love equipping any of the character specific items that mages/rouges with UAI can wear with no impediment of casting!

And I am too, thanks again
    Last edited by Immabozo; 2013-02-21 at 06:00 PM.
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That game is amazing. I'm thinking about trying a solo, single classed, wizard run through, now THAT will be interesting.
    You'd probably have a great time playing a sorcerer. Use your familiar (Neutral alignment between good/evil are the best wayt o go) to take care of traps. I think the rabbit has the best find/disable trap (True Neutral).

Sorcerers get an insane amount of spells per day, and when combined with Simulcrum/Project Self, the sheer amount of magic flying about is madness.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

I played through Shadows of Amn as a solo swashbuckler-mage last year. The hardest part was the first dungeon after I multiclassed initially, because I had so few decent spells that I had trouble with some things. I remember that the two Lesser Clay Golems that attack when you enter the room after the dryads were the hardest. I eventually had to use the scroll of Summon Air Elemental to deal with them.

The only real threats, really, were cases where you were dropped into combat in close quarters without any prep time. Everything else you could just call up a simulacrum or projected image and annihilate anything with your whole complement of spells, and later you could even use Spell Trap and/or Wish to recharge your spells and do the whole thing again.

I got kind of bored in Throne of Bhaal, though, as my tactics were so repetitive. Project Image, have the Image cast Wizard's Eye to find enemies, Farsight to make sure I could see them, Mislead so they couldn't see it, and Spell Immunity Divination so they couldn't dispel the Mislead or the Image itself with True Seeing, and then just kill them with repeated casts of Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting or various cloud spells.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

This problem isn't a stop to the game, more of an annoyance. my character keeps pausing mid walk. Any fix to this?

I'm so full of problems suddenly... probable cause everything is going great in real life, so I had to have problems somewhere.

You know, there is a simple answer! Change your tactics! Time stop/ wail of the banshee plus fingers of death could be useful. Make a spell trigger for your split second defenses button and go to town! (mind the pun)
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    I played through Shadows of Amn as a solo swashbuckler-mage last year. The hardest part was the first dungeon after I multiclassed initially, because I had so few decent spells that I had trouble with some things. I remember that the two Lesser Clay Golems that attack when you enter the room after the dryads were the hardest. I eventually had to use the scroll of Summon Air Elemental to deal with them.
    How did you miss them earlier? They were in that room before all the kobolds (to the left was tube area, other side golem that opens that door) on way to liabrary.

Mage would be harder than Druid as Druid can kill all the golems (yes, every single one is killable, the one you meet while getting key to free Jahirae requires a magic weapon spell like Shillelagh, Flame blade, etc).

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    How did you miss them earlier? They were in that room before all the kobolds (to the left was tube area, other side golem that opens that door) on way to liabrary.
    I didn't miss them earlier, that was when I killed them. It was just impossible for me to kill even one of them successfully; remember, I had started as a swashbuckler and then multiclassed to mage after getting a level up, so I was, like, a level 4 mage in terms of combat ability. You have to kill them sometime or sneak by them when they rush the trapped chamber, and aside from that scroll, I wasn't equipped to do either. I don't think I even had Melf's Minute Meteors, not that they would have really helped once a golem went hostile and rushed me.