New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Marvel Exiles - Weapon X IC

Well, this is definitely not where you just were. For some this development may be fortunate, for others less so.

However, the more pertinent question would no doubt be "Where is 'here'?"

From your position on the ground, 'here' seems to be a perfectly flat area made of some kind of metal under a clear sky, the sun shining down on you.
    All around you are people you have no recollection of ever meeting. Or maybe you did? Some of them hold vague similarities to memories that you can't place.
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: Marvel Exiles - Weapon X IC

Tall woman looked around her. She was wearing business suit, that gave her image of eriousness and elegance, but still managed to higliht her figure, that of an athlete, but still far from bodybuilder. She was build like a fighter and the way she stood and moved helped fufill that image. She stood firmly and scanned einvorment, as well as people around her, like she was analyzing how much of a threat they may be.
    Two teenage girls and one adult man. In this situation it would be normal to ignore the kids and talk to the man first. Perfectly rrreasonable option to take.
    "Hey, you two!" She approached the girls, raising a hand in friendly gesture and smiling in a way that was supposed to raise people's trust. There was something about this smile and her gesture. it was as if they were traiend to the point of becoming a habit. Like those of a politican. "Little early for the Halloween." Lighthearthed joke to break the ice, followed by a bit of forced laugh. "You two seems to be lost and so am I. How about we'll stick together and find some answers?" She asks, once she's close to them. While she's smiling friendly, there is something intimidating and dominating about her, something she cannot fully balance by her act, but combiend they give an impression of strong-willed person. "Mayor Molly Hayes, you could heard about me on twitter and television. You kids remember television? Those oversized computers screens without the fun functions?" She offers her hand to the closest of two girls and then the other, a gesture that shows she's treating them as adults. "You two look awful lot like Spider-Man and Loki, by the way. You don't happen to be sidecks or any foolishness like that?"*

*-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ignore if they're in their civilian outfits.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2013-07-17 at 08:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Loki

Loki was dressed in her trademark colors but in relatively pedestrian garb so, she at least, likely did not stand out to the odd young mayor as anything more than a fashion forward rocker teen. That is until she groaned, sat up, took one look at the almost chirpy mayor, groaned again and snapped her fingers making an Iron Throne pop out of thin air with a Disney genie* type puff of magic smoke.

Loki drifted lazily, still half asleep, through the air onto the throne. This wasn't a replication of the tiny TV rendition either, this was that giant behemoth of furniture of the books. It's more than a little obvious that Loki learned of the modern world through the filter of pop-culture at this point.

As Loki lounges she replies to Molly "I AM Loki Laufeyson, Goddess of Mischief, daughter of Odin, child of Frost Giants, the Lie-smith, the Silver-Tongue, valued customer at the Bronxton Barnes & Noble."

She leans over her throne and peers down at Molly "And I have no idea who you are Mrs. Hayes."

*Loki would never admit it but she rips off a lot of her showmanship from Disney characters, especially Aladdin's genie, and tries to use fantastic displays of magic to get people to like her and be impressed by her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hope the throne isn't too gaudy, just trying to set the tone of how she operates, subtlety or restraint aren't her style.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-07-18 at 05:02 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Goblin

"It's Avengers thing, isn't it?" Molly sighs, while putting few stray of her long hair on place in elegant gesture. "Well, nothing can really suprise me with those guys.". She starts walking towards Loki, up through the stairs on "Iron Throne". "I kinda even admire your style, reminds me of things me and my friends would do back at your age." She looks around Loki's creation, with nostalgic eyes. "Punching giant monsters, making knot out of zombies, going against Doctor Doom with silly plan and broken laser...fun times." She looks almost sad, standing now before the girl at the throne. "Dunno what are you, some new Loki, one of those legacy character guys, something else altogether, but have an advice from former teen hero." She gets closer, her face, now horribly serious, starring right into oki's eyes. "Stop fooling around before you'll get yourself killed." She says and walks down. She looks at Spider-themed girl. "Same goes for you, Spider-kiddo. Playing hero is fun, until somebody gets a bullet in the head, I know something about it." She says, once she's down again. "Now, lets see if we can find a way out of here. Hey, you there!" She yells at the only other person in sight, the male. "You don't happen to know where are we, aren't you?" She says, once she gets close enough to be in range of casual talk with the guy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Loki

Loki glares at Molly, she didn't really have anyone to coddle her, other than Thor and Volstagg, so she lacked a mother figure. Suddenly she was thoroughly happy about that.

"I'm not new. I'm THE Loki. The god Loki. I don't need a spinster to talk down to me or warn me. I've already died. I got better. I don't need to be condescended to by a has been a hundredth my age."
    Loki Avatar by Me

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Goblin

"Yeah, Avengers thing." Molly shrugs at Molly's pompous behavior. "You got yourself reborn in body of a child. Sure you have power, but you also have mind of a child. It seems you like dying." She says, turnign back to the kid. "And now be good Lokiand do some magic to tell where we are. Or just skip that part and get us out of here."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Loki

Loki flares up at the dismissive tone of 'be a good Loki' "You are the SINGLE MOST POMPOUS, RUDE MORTAL I HAVE EVER MET! And I've spent entire parties in the same room as Tony ******* Stark!

You have no idea what my mind is like you arrogant troll, you've seen me for all of a minute and spoken to me for less! How dare you act so dismissive and unkindly to those you've only just met because they've not above the American drinking age.

If and when I use magic to leave where ever this place is it will be without YOU! Enjoy growing even more grey hairs here lady."

Loki poofs her throne away and creates an ACME anvil floating precariously over Molly

"I can understand how your friends died you mewling quim. No doubt they had to deal with all the super beings you in your 'wisdom' insulted and condescended to!"

Loki is normally fine with people but Molly Hayes has pretty much indirectly called her stupid, dismissed her and ordered her around, all with very little basis or amiability, in very short order. Needless to say she doesn't take being treated so abrasively easily.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-07-21 at 07:45 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Goblin

"If that only were true." Molly looks sadened for a moment. Then her eyes start raditing with purple light and her face changes grimace to that of anger.
    She jumps towards Loki, grabs her by a throat and lifts up.
    "People wh owere like mother and father to me died because of Arcade. I lot another friend because of Thanos. Then another one died fighting Kree. My last friend was burned to death in explosion, caused by Purifers." She speaks slowly and without any humor in her voice. But there is strong sadness there. It sounds like those words bring her pain. "You know what all of these have in common? Avengers, X-Men and your friend Tony ****** Stark failed to deal with them properly, when they had a chance. You know, like with certain God of Mischief." She looks angirly at Loki. "What I'm trying to say is that the only reason I haven't yet snapped your neck is because I see something out of them in you. Think twice before you'll make me change that opinion." She drops Loki on the ground.
    "And I wasn't even there, when they died. If I was, it probably wouldn't have happened." She looks at Loki, but in her eyes you can see sadness. And something else. Guilt.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Loki

Okay, actually attacking me. This woman isn't rude she's psychotic.

Loki pulls herself away from Molly with a glare full of anger "The ONLY reason you haven't snapped my neck is because I'm too powerful to be taken down by a lunatic mayor who threatens teens who get offended by her obtuse pontificating. If Thor was here he'd . . ."

A voice booms from a throne that has appeared from a pulsating purple light behind the group. A grin stretches across the figure's face.

"Attacking children now Human. I'm impressed. Though I presume your friends would be less so. I wonder why in your universe you're the only one I could find."

Spoiler
    Show
    Illusion, but you don't get a save just for looking at it so it should but some time.

Hey, Loki's the goddess of Mischief, she was never going to just respond to Molly's violence with violence.
    Loki Avatar by Me

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

For a moment, the being that just appeared looks haughtily at Molly, then it shatters. But it is not alone. The sky itself seems to break apart, pieces falling away revealing something not comprehensible to common minds.

The sun that had hung in the sky distorts and twists as your surroundings become indistinct. Yet, before the sky is completely gone, the sun seemingly goes nova, encompassing both of you in a bright haze. The two figures that had not yet woken shatter just as the being and sky had. Then there is white.

The moment lasts for a mere fraction of an eternity as the brightness recedes and you find yourselves confronted with 4 others and a VW bus and the weather has become rather foggy, a quick glance behind you allowing you sight of a humanoid arrangement of stars and galaxies, clad in golden armor.

It speaks as soon as the transition is complete.

"This is unexpected."

OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since the others didn't come. Join the eXiles Thread.
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly