New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Exploring Aatos (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Dead end my arse. I snuck around Dar el-Sheikh enough to know a secret entrance when I see one. Janan started rapping on stones on the wall, feeling for any nook or cranny hidden by the mold, or any hollow sounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] More perception!
    Your arse seemed to have led you astray, because you couldn't find a single place that seemed even remotely suspicious as a secret door.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "Ummm, well I had Sir Hector ask the Rapidash. Which is how I found out that apparently there was some scratching after water and then pain when the saddle slipped. I tried asking His Majesty some questions, but Garrath the Elder asked me to let him rest and answered some questions. He told me they had stopped every so often to water the mounts and eat. Afterward, I headed back to make sure things were secure for bringing him in and kept an eye out to make sure nobody tried to slip in with the group as they came back in. I figured if it was part of an attack or something they'd try to slip in while all the nobles smothered His Majesty with attention designed to curry favor."

Ovelia paused for a moment trying not to focus on her annoyance with the women. "Apparently they said they'd have a mystic look at the horse. I hope once Jo---" She stops and quickly coughs, "once His Majesty has been taken care of I could find out who watered his mount since it seems that is when the strange scratching started."
    Halt listened without speaking, but when he did speak, it was with the voice of a tutor. Did you examine the rapidash in question or her tack? There might have been clues there. Assuming you did not do so, finding the person who watered Jonathan's mount sounds like an excellent idea. Always ask questions and find the evidence yourself. Never take anyone else's word for it.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Your arse seemed to have led you astray, because you couldn't find a single place that seemed even remotely suspicious as a secret door.
    Janan frowned. If the mold wasn't covering it up. What was? He ponders for a moment when the flicker of purple color passes his perphieal vision. Hello there. Can you help me? Did you see where the girl went?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan frowned. If the mold wasn't covering it up. What was? He ponders for a moment when the flicker of purple color passes his perphieal vision. Hello there. Can you help me? Did you see where the girl went?
    The vermin pokemon look at you slowly and begin to chatter. They nod their heads in agreement, but make no move to rise from their rumps and show you. One of the two licks its large teeth in anticipation of a meal.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Food eh? Janan pulls out the slab of meat he purchased earlier for dinner. He hacks off a fourth of it, throwing the large piece to the rodents, and the other fourth to Fury. The dragon gives him an indignant gaze as he swallows it whole.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Food eh? Janan pulls out the slab of meat he purchased earlier for dinner. He hacks off a fourth of it, throwing the large piece to the rodents, and the other fourth to Fury. The dragon gives him an indignant gaze as he swallows it whole.
    The ratatas descend upon the piece of meat and devouring it quickly. Then, without bothering to clean themselves, they scuttle to a place about 2/3 of the way down the alley and sit in front of a section of wall.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you. Janan approaches the wall section. He feels every square inch of the wall, pushing in to find if anything was not solidedly backed and tapping to see if it was hollow behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[14]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia feels a bit embarrassed realizing that she did not. "Errr...No sir. I did not." She admits. "I messed up there and was thinking solely of just questioning the Rapidash with Sir Hector's psychic powers. I relied too much on them and not old fashion senses." She admits, feeling ashamed. "I will find and question the one who watered the house right away."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo takes note of the windows and considers what it would be like to fly up there, if only for a second. He tracks the guards for a bit, but then circles around back of the warehouse. Looking for the corner of the building with the starkest shadows in the early morning light, Theo then slips into them and darkens them a bit more with his new photokinesis. Hoping against hope, he pushes himself through the wall and comes out on the other side.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you. Janan approaches the wall section. He feels every square inch of the wall, pushing in to find if anything was not solidedly backed and tapping to see if it was hollow behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    One of the stones, when indented about three inches, caused the doorway to be revealed. With a low grating crunch, a section of wall opened inwards. The edge was not straight like most doors were, but rather jagged so that the door blended into the wall. A dark stair case leading underground awaited met your eyes. It was dark, but the torches lining the walls provided just enough illumination to make out the steps. Moisture clung to the walls, and you heard the very faint sounds of water droplets, steps, and the clank of chains wafted to your ears.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Theo takes note of the windows and considers what it would be like to fly up there, if only for a second. He tracks the guards for a bit, but then circles around back of the warehouse. Looking for the corner of the building with the starkest shadows in the early morning light, Theo then slips into them and darkens them a bit more with his new photokinesis. Hoping against hope, he pushes himself through the wall and comes out on the other side.
    The warehouse is mostly a large open area with containers of grain and shocks of wheat stacked as high as they could go. You couldn't see the loading area from where you came in, and most of the workers were on that end of the building.

Suddenly a loud hissing came from behind you. As you spun around, three feline pokemon with large spiral tails ran at you. The yowling of these mousers caused the men in front part of the warehouse to stop their conversations and work temporarily. Whether or not they would come back to see what was going on, you couldn't tell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-05-21 at 02:27 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Ovelia feels a bit embarrassed realizing that she did not. "Errr...No sir. I did not." She admits. "I messed up there and was thinking solely of just questioning the Rapidash with Sir Hector's psychic powers. I relied too much on them and not old fashion senses." She admits, feeling ashamed. "I will find and question the one who watered the house right away."

Halt shrugged. There may not have been anything there. However, its always essential to check everything, no matter how insignificant. Let me know what you find out.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-05-21 at 02:27 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Uneasy, Janan stepped into the secret passage, making sure to close the door his way in. He grabbed one of the torches from the wall. Never know when you would need an extra light. He proceeds down the stairs, slow and steady, careful to not make a sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[6]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Not good, Theo thinks to himself, he sends out Sparky and mentally commands the Elekid, Keep quiet. Being sneaky right now and they're in our way. He then slides over against the container, hoping to keep out of sight of the guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sparky: HP 36/36, Def 5, SDef 5, Spd 10
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yes, sir." Ovelia says with a bow before going and heading out. It was time to find somebody to talk too. As she walked, her mind raced back to everything. So far the problems were two-fold. First, somebody had put on Jonathan's saddle wrong or had messed with it. Second, the water had done something. With those two things in mind, Ovelia began to look for some of the squires or pages who had been on the hunt. They would be easier to spot and talk to without them getting uppity due to her ranger status.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Uneasy, Janan stepped into the secret passage, making sure to close the door his way in. He grabbed one of the torches from the wall. Never know when you would need an extra light. He proceeds down the stairs, slow and steady, careful to not make a sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Unfortunately, your foot hit a slick patch of stone, and it slid out from underneath you. You tumbled halfway down the stairs before you managed to stop yourself. The torch flew from your grip as you used your hands to avoid injury. Nothing got hurt in the fall, but it made a lot of noise.

Voices began to come to your ears after the ringing had stopped. The sounded rather far away, but they were getting steadily closer.

Hear that?
    Yeah. Think somebody followed Morgiana?
    Could be. She does stand out. 'Specially with that huge basket of fruit on her head.
    Send Henka for reinforcements. It might be that some of Myrani's men finally found us.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-05-23 at 10:53 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Not good, Theo thinks to himself, he sends out Sparky and mentally commands the Elekid, Keep quiet. Being sneaky right now and they're in our way. He then slides over against the container, hoping to keep out of sight of the guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sparky: HP 36/36, Def 5, SDef 5, Spd 10
    Two of the cat's eyes glow as they stare at you. Sparky falls asleep from the mesmerizing irises, but you seemed unaffected. The sharp claws of the lead feline did affect you however; they did 23 physical normal damage.

Maybe there's a wild ratata that puts up more of a fight than the domestic ones.
    Well, it'll be over soon anyways. Those cats were expensive; they'll catch the vermin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can you place sparky on the map

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes, sir." Ovelia says with a bow before going and heading out. It was time to find somebody to talk too. As she walked, her mind raced back to everything. So far the problems were two-fold. First, somebody had put on Jonathan's saddle wrong or had messed with it. Second, the water had done something. With those two things in mind, Ovelia began to look for some of the squires or pages who had been on the hunt. They would be easier to spot and talk to without them getting uppity due to her ranger status.
    Joran of Stonemountain and Garvey of Runnersprings were both talking in one of the outer courtyards. The two were both exceedingly talented squires and close friends, but they couldn't be more different. Joren was an ice prince - light fair skin, long blond hair pulled into a ponytail, and a confident stance accentuated by his toned build. Garvey was the polar opposite; short and pimply, his brown hair looked like a mop, and his neck had a long scar from a run in as a child with a zangoose.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Excuse me, Joran, Gravey, might I ask you some questions about the hunt?" Ovelia asked as she walked over to them quickly. She knew she could have just forced them to speak, but it was easier to get answers when people were willing.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

"Excuse me, Joran, Gravey, might I ask you some questions about the hunt?" Ovelia asked as she walked over to them quickly. She knew she could have just forced them to speak, but it was easier to get answers when people were willing.
    Garvey, who apparently didn't really care if people referred to him as a category of food instead of his real name, turned to you. Joren also looked up, although he looked decidedly less interested in your coming than Garvey.

Garvey was the one who responded to your inquiry. Who isn't asking questions about the hunt? All the ladies are trying to figure out if this is their chance to win Jonathan's heart, and all the noblemen are looking to see if this is an opportunity to take power. Everybody's interested about the King's conidtion.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Unfortunately, your foot hit a slick patch of stone, and it slid out from underneath you. You tumbled halfway down the stairs before you managed to stop yourself. The torch flew from your grip as you used your hands to avoid injury. Nothing got hurt in the fall, but it made a lot of noise.

Voices began to come to your ears after the ringing had stopped. The sounded rather far away, but they were getting steadily closer.

Hear that?
    Yeah. Think somebody followed Morgiana?
    Could be. She does stand out. 'Specially with that huge basket of fruit on her head.
    Send Henka for reinforcements. It might be that some of Myrani's men finally found us.
    Muk. Janan snatched up the torch, hopping up the stairs, as quietly and quickly as he could. He replaced the torch hurriedly, dashing out the secret door (making a point of shutting it). He dashes out of the alleyway, making a note of where it was. He heads back towards the market, in search of those orphans.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Muk. Janan snatched up the torch, hopping up the stairs, as quietly and quickly as he could. He replaced the torch hurriedly, dashing out the secret door (making a point of shutting it). He dashes out of the alleyway, making a note of where it was. He heads back towards the market, in search of those orphans.
    You could just make out the shades of the orphans in the dark alleyway, but only because you knew where to look. Their alleyway seemed nice - no feces, no mold, no reeking odors - but it was still an alleyway, not a home.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Janan walks towards the alleyway slowly, making a point to note the tint of their 'Auras'. Hello?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan walks towards the alleyway slowly, making a point to note the tint of their 'Auras'. Hello?
    The four auras of the boys were all dark, though nowhere near black. Two had green auras, one dark forest green and the other more olive colored. Another, a girl, had a dark yellow, while the other female had a reddish aura. As soon as you spoke to them, they seemed to melt from view. In less than two seconds flat they were all hiding behind a broken wagon, in a door frame, or in the shadow of a crate.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Awww. I thought you would want some yummy apples. I guess I'll just have to eat them all myself. He palms an apple, slowly bringing up to his mouth, open comically wide.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

Awww. I thought you would want some yummy apples. I guess I'll just have to eat them all myself. He palms an apple, slowly bringing up to his mouth, open comically wide.
    The head of the girl with the yellow aura appeared from the doorway. You have apples?

We like apples. Another voice spoke up from behind the wagon.

Quiet Rikash and the boy said no more.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Janan tossed an apple at Rikash. I won't hurt you. I know you won't trust me, but all I have is my word.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well, I'm sure you will welcome a different set of questions then." Ovelia says with a smile, "I'm more curious about the nature of the injury and as such am looking into it to make sure His Majesty is safe." She says. "Mainly, do you two know who watered his horse?" She glances at Joren then back to Garvey, "And which nobleman exactly are asking about his condition and interested in the opportunity to take power?"

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan tossed an apple at Rikash. I won't hurt you. I know you won't trust me, but all I have is my word.
    A hand appears out from behind the wagon and snatches the apple as it sails through the air. The greedy sound of slurping and crunching followed, along with a small scuffle as someone else tried to take the apple from him. When she failed, the other girl appeared from behind the wagon and stepped out into the open. She slowly approached you, eyes on the apples in you hands. The other boy comes out from his hiding spot, and finally even the yellow girl emerges to approach.

Do you have apples for all of us? We're hungry.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, I'm sure you will welcome a different set of questions then." Ovelia says with a smile, "I'm more curious about the nature of the injury and as such am looking into it to make sure His Majesty is safe." She says. "Mainly, do you two know who watered his horse?" She glances at Joren then back to Garvey, "And which nobleman exactly are asking about his condition and interested in the opportunity to take power?"
    The question is, who isn't trying to take power? This could be the perfect opportunity to land a place on the Senate, or to gain influence in military or trade if the king is unable to perform his duties for a while. Surely you must know that, or are all common born so ignorant of the ways of the world?

And for the saddling, you'd want to talk with the servants in the stable. They handle that kind of stuff for everyone but a knight with a squire.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show