New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Exploring Aatos (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Patience shoots a sideways glance at Janan. He motions to the dog to eat it. Smiling Patience bites into the berry, smiling at the not-so-little guy.

Janan approaches cautiously. Hello.... Are you ok? he asked nervously. He was being cautious, he didn't know if the thing would attack or not.
    The pokemon backed away slowly as you approached, keeping the distance between the two of you. Then, he ran and hid behind Patience. As he moved, you see a long scar running across his chest.

He peeked his head out from behind Patience. Munchlax The voice was soft and apprehensive, obviously scared of the human who had come near him.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    "That's the word! Slave. I don't like that word," Theo says as he stands up. He releases Torch and mentally tells him to glow a little brighter. With his psychic abilities he brings the decanter over to Nestor's body and holds it high.

"You see, a slave is someone who is owned by their master. They have no choice about what happens to them, or what their master asks them to do. I, dear Nestor, am not a slave. Even if I were, I'm not your slave. I am employed by your uncle for a specific job. To read minds and manipulate circumstances in his favor." He tips the decanter and the amber liquid spills over Nestor's skin. The smell of alcohol burns slightly at Theo's nose as Torch draws nearer to him. He walks to the head of the bed so that Nestor can here him clearly.

"You are not a favorable circumstance. You are a liability. And burning you to death here may cost me much, but it would save your uncle more." He sends an image of a burnt corpse being sent away to Nestor's mind. Once he sees the fear in the young noble's eyes he recalls Torch.

"But I'm not being fair. I'm sure plenty of other people would like a chance to burn you up as well. And that's just greedy of me to do it myself." He sets the decanter back on the table and asks the naked, alcohol drenched noble, "Are you ready to go home yet?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Only if needed: Charisma of Intimidation [roll0]
    Nestor pants softly, obviously scared horrendously of your threat. He believed you, and believed you had it in you to burn him to death. Fine. You win. I'll go. Just let me out of these cursed ropes and let me take a bath.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Good, I'm eager to report to Lord Tarril," Theo says with a smirk. He opens the door and asks the Madam, who still had a rather shocked look on her face, to run a bath for the young lord. As she scurried off to tell some girl or another to do it, Theo untied the ropes and waited for Nestor to extricate himself from the bed. They were soon lead to another private room with a large, stone pit filled with steaming water. The dozens of oils on the shelves and the sturdy massage table told of this room's true use. But for this occasion it was actually used for cleanliness.

Once Nestor was scrubbed and dressed, two chores Theo was glad to learn the young man knew how to do, they left the Medusa in the rhyhorn carriage. The long, quiet ride was only once interrupted when Nestor asked about the ponyta and Theo wordlessly showed him the ball. Before the young man could think to ask for it, the psychic pocketed it again and that was the end of the discussion.

Much later they pulled up at the front steps of Lord Tarril's estate and were greeted by the butler from earlier. "If it's not a bother, I believe the the young lord here would like an audience with his uncle," Theo says to the butler.

As the butler walks on ahead while the two young men follow at a distance, Nestor speaks up, "I never said that." He hadn't even thought it. Quite the contrary, he just wanted to eat dinner and go to bed.

"I know, but I think this situation is one that Lord Tarril would rather not have hidden from him. He is host to us both and it's only respectful."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "What in Arceus's name..." Ovelia says confused. The bear had ran and avoided her, but then transformed into something else. She hadn't heard of anything like that, but she was determined to stop the beast. If she didn't take this thing out she wouldn't be able to head home.

"Pursue it, Hector, cut it off if you can." She yelled as she charged.

Spoiler
    Show

Stab
    [roll0] vs 4+physical
    [roll1] physical, normal

Sir Hector
    -Fury Cutter-
    [roll2] vs 3
    [roll3]
    The beast snaps at the Gallade, doing 37 dark physical damage and flinching him.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    The pokemon backed away slowly as you approached, keeping the distance between the two of you. Then, he ran and hid behind Patience. As he moved, you see a long scar running across his chest.

He peeked his head out from behind Patience. Munchlax The voice was soft and apprehensive, obviously scared of the human who had come near him.
    Janan freezes in his tracks, afraid to even move away. Patience sensed both their apprehensions, their Aura's oozed it. He had to defuse the situation, before it got violent. Abdul had told him to protect Janan, and he would do so. He liked him, even if he was a bit odd at times. He didn't like sharing his abilities with just anyone. Abdul had made a point of drilling the importance of secrecy into the young mon. Now, if ever, was a good time to reveal it, if only to distract Janan from his ever growing uneasiness.

Patience turned around towards the Munchlax, offering him a hug. He extended his Aura out, brushing against's Janan's. The young boy's Aura roared to life at he contact, something Patience had never experienced before. It was as if some primal deep within Janan had awakened, even if the young boy didn't outwardly show it. Janan, calm yourself. Now is not the time to explain, but trust me. I am your friend and this Pokemon means you no harm. Please. Calm yourself.

Janan had remained fixed in his position for a few moments, ideas flying through his head. A cold bead of sweat traced itself down his neck. What should he do? Should he attack? Would it attack him?

His mental questioning was interrupted by the oddest feeling he had ever felt. Something in his gut started to churn, but he wasn't sick. It sure didn't feel like sick. It felt..... uplifting. Or the very least, intoxicating. The feeling swept over him, spreading from his gut, extending to every nook, cranny and extremity.

His stance loosened as he tried to reorient himself after the wave of uplifting nausea. He blinked, trying to clear the haze that had settled over his eyes, but it was no good. Each blink made the haze worse, painting the landscape around him in an explosion of roiling colors.

Two color's stood out, however. They seemed to emanate from Patience and the Munchlax. Patience's color seemed to move of its own volition, moving towards Janan, too perplexed at the sight to even react. He heard the color, how he wasn't sure, speak, in a voice that was Patience if he could speak human tongue. Patience... you can talk?

Janan raised his hand to rub his eyes, noticing he was surrounded in color as well, a vivid orange. What? He moved his hand infront of him, the color following in as if orange water stuck to his skin. By chance it seemed, the color seemed to extend from his hand outwards, mixing with the two distinct color's from the pokemon in front of him. His own color 'spoke' I am calm. Dazed but calm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used Hey Guys point to take Aura User. Dark Orange is Janan using Aura (even if he doesn't know he's doing it).
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2013-03-13 at 10:13 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Damn it..." Ovelia muttered as she stabbed at the creature again, "Die damn it, leave Hector alone. Right here." She yelled. However, her distraction with Hector's injuries threw off her strike.

Spoiler
    Show

Stab
    (1d20)[3] vs 4
    (1d12+18)[28]
    Last edited by Major; 2013-03-14 at 01:18 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

"Good, I'm eager to report to Lord Tarril," Theo says with a smirk. He opens the door and asks the Madam, who still had a rather shocked look on her face, to run a bath for the young lord. As she scurried off to tell some girl or another to do it, Theo untied the ropes and waited for Nestor to extricate himself from the bed. They were soon lead to another private room with a large, stone pit filled with steaming water. The dozens of oils on the shelves and the sturdy massage table told of this room's true use. But for this occasion it was actually used for cleanliness.

Once Nestor was scrubbed and dressed, two chores Theo was glad to learn the young man knew how to do, they left the Medusa in the rhyhorn carriage. The long, quiet ride was only once interrupted when Nestor asked about the ponyta and Theo wordlessly showed him the ball. Before the young man could think to ask for it, the psychic pocketed it again and that was the end of the discussion.

Much later they pulled up at the front steps of Lord Tarril's estate and were greeted by the butler from earlier. "If it's not a bother, I believe the the young lord here would like an audience with his uncle," Theo says to the butler.

As the butler walks on ahead while the two young men follow at a distance, Nestor speaks up, "I never said that." He hadn't even thought it. Quite the contrary, he just wanted to eat dinner and go to bed.

"I know, but I think this situation is one that Lord Tarril would rather not have hidden from him. He is host to us both and it's only respectful."
    You were quickly led into the parlor room that Tarril saw visitors in. He was with your teacher, who nodded the smallest of nods at you.

What can I do for you Theo? I trust Nestor recieved his ponyta?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan freezes in his tracks, afraid to even move away. Patience sensed both their apprehensions, their Aura's oozed it. He had to defuse the situation, before it got violent. Abdul had told him to protect Janan, and he would do so. He liked him, even if he was a bit odd at times. He didn't like sharing his abilities with just anyone. Abdul had made a point of drilling the importance of secrecy into the young mon. Now, if ever, was a good time to reveal it, if only to distract Janan from his ever growing uneasiness.

Patience turned around towards the Munchlax, offering him a hug. He extended his Aura out, brushing against's Janan's. The young boy's Aura roared to life at he contact, something Patience had never experienced before. It was as if some primal deep within Janan had awakened, even if the young boy didn't outwardly show it. Janan, calm yourself. Now is not the time to explain, but trust me. I am your friend and this Pokemon means you no harm. Please. Calm yourself.

Janan had remained fixed in his position for a few moments, ideas flying through his head. A cold bead of sweat traced itself down his neck. What should he do? Should he attack? Would it attack him?

His mental questioning was interrupted by the oddest feeling he had ever felt. Something in his gut started to churn, but he wasn't sick. It sure didn't feel like sick. It felt..... uplifting. Or the very least, intoxicating. The feeling swept over him, spreading from his gut, extending to every nook, cranny and extremity.

His stance loosened as he tried to reorient himself after the wave of uplifting nausea. He blinked, trying to clear the haze that had settled over his eyes, but it was no good. Each blink made the haze worse, painting the landscape around him in an explosion of roiling colors.

Two color's stood out, however. They seemed to emanate from Patience and the Munchlax. Patience's color seemed to move of its own volition, moving towards Janan, too perplexed at the sight to even react. He heard the color, how he wasn't sure, speak, in a voice that was Patience if he could speak human tongue. Patience... you can talk?

Janan raised his hand to rub his eyes, noticing he was surrounded in color as well, a vivid orange. What? He moved his hand infront of him, the color following in as if orange water stuck to his skin. By chance it seemed, the color seemed to extend from his hand outwards, mixing with the two distinct color's from the pokemon in front of him. His own color 'spoke' I am calm. Dazed but calm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used Hey Guys point to take Aura User. Dark Orange is Janan using Aura (even if he doesn't know he's doing it).
    You see the muchlax's aura, along with Patience. It's aura was a pure blue, with a soothing flow. Around its wound however, the aura was much darker, approaching a murky navy blue. It remained distant from you, but seemed to fascinated with what was happening between you and your riolu to make an escape attempt. Absentmindedly, he put a berry into his mouth and started mulling it over in his mouth.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

"Damn it..." Ovelia muttered as she stabbed at the creature again, "Die damn it, leave Hector alone. Right here." She yelled. However, her distraction with Hector's injuries threw off her strike.

Spoiler
    Show

Stab
    [roll0] vs 4
    [roll1]
    The dog quickly dodged under your slash and attempted to blast you with flames. You narrowly dodged them, with the flames singing the tips of your hair. It was growling deeply, eyes keen for an opening that it could use to pounce and finish off the encounter.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo pulls the ball out of his pocket and hands it to the young noble, "Yes, sir, he has now." He then turns to Nestor and says, "Why don't you explain why it was in my pocket, Nestor." Mentally Theo places these thoughts on the surface of his mind, should Anya choose to indulge in curiosity: He ran off the moment he had a chance. Even after being warned. I tracked him down and convinced him to come back.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Janan had since stopped trying to clear his vision, now fascinated with the cut and its color difference. Your hurt. I can help. Janan pulls out the cloth imbued with minor healing runes. If you let me... Janan offers the cloth, fixated on the navy scar across its belly.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2013-03-14 at 03:46 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

When the beast had fired the fireball, Ovelia quickly ducked and charged at the creature doing a sliding tackle to get close while she thrusted a counter attack right for it's throat. Counters were one of her strong suits and if she couldn't do a decisive blow then she'd take it out with a thousand cuts. However, despite how cool she felt, she accidentally slid a bit too far and missed completely.

Don't try and look flashy, fight efficiently Sir Zairon's words rung through her head.

She smirked as she looked behind the creature. When it had launched the fire ball it had focused on her and seemingly had forgotten all about Sir Hector who had recovered from the painful strike and swung his blades right at the creatures exposed back.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to E13 and attack
    Arms Attack:
    (1d20)[1] vs 4
    (1d12+18)[27] Physical, normal

Slash
    (1d20)[20] vs 2+physical 18-29 crit
    (3d8+32)[40], it's a pass move so Gallade shifts to F14 to cut off the creature
    Edit: +26 Crit roll in ooc
    Last edited by Major; 2013-03-15 at 07:41 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Something changed in Tornadus's eyes, and he nodded in affirmation. The winds died down, the elementals vanished into the air, and all signs of the curse faded from his body.

Very good mortal. You have indeed proved your power. You may look upon the map without any more worry.

Light filled the room as runes on the map started shining brightly, blinding you for a second. When the glorious light died down, Tornadus was nowhere to be found. Your map room was still in disarray however, and Jon was still lying unconscious on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    18,000 xp
    Grinning at his accomplishment while thinking to himself Wimp. I'd just bested him and he knows it. Oh well. Looks like I get to use a map after all. And, hey, I just fought a wind god and won! I'm sure the crew will like that.

He has Smaug drag Jon up to the deck while he opens the map to see if it was worth all the fuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan had since stopped trying to clear his vision, now fascinated with the cut and its color difference. Your hurt. I can help. Janan pulls out the cloth imbued with minor healing runes. If you let me... Janan offers the cloth, fixated on the navy scar across its belly.
    The runes on the cloth failed to activate. Either the wound couldn't heal, or it was too old and had left a scar after healing naturally. However, the munchlax seemed to recognize what you were trying to do, and he started to cry.

Patinece manages to translate the blubbering into words for you. He said he'd never been offered one of the magic cloths before.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo pulls the ball out of his pocket and hands it to the young noble, "Yes, sir, he has now." He then turns to Nestor and says, "Why don't you explain why it was in my pocket, Nestor." Mentally Theo places these thoughts on the surface of his mind, should Anya choose to indulge in curiosity: He ran off the moment he had a chance. Even after being warned. I tracked him down and convinced him to come back.
    Very nicely done. Good work. your mentor said.

Nestor sighs, obviously regretting his decision to come back willingly with you, and started speaking. It's because I wanted to take it for a ride, and he Nestor points at you decided that he didn't want me to try out the new pokemon you got me.

Lord Tarril sighed, and rubbed his temple. And where did you take it? Nestor opened his mouth, closed it, and refused to speak again. Tarril looked to you for an explanation.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-16 at 01:39 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

When the beast had fired the fireball, Ovelia quickly ducked and charged at the creature doing a sliding tackle to get close while she thrusted a counter attack right for it's throat. Counters were one of her strong suits and if she couldn't do a decisive blow then she'd take it out with a thousand cuts. However, despite how cool she felt, she accidentally slid a bit too far and missed completely.

Don't try and look flashy, fight efficiently Sir Zairon's words rung through her head.

She smirked as she looked behind the creature. When it had launched the fire ball it had focused on her and seemingly had forgotten all about Sir Hector who had recovered from the painful strike and swung his blades right at the creatures exposed back.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to E13 and attack
    Arms Attack:
    [roll0] vs 4
    [roll1] Physical, normal

Slash
    [roll2] vs 2+physical 18-29 crit
    [roll3], it's a pass move so Gallade shifts to F14 to cut off the creature
    Edit: +26 Crit roll in ooc
    The attacks slashed through the monster, and it fell to the ground. As it did so, its flesh shifted and deformed until a small black pool of goop lay on the ground. Sir Hector panted heavily, but otherwise seemed fine.

Spoiler
    Show
    1800 xp

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Grinning at his accomplishment while thinking to himself Wimp. I'd just bested him and he knows it. Oh well. Looks like I get to use a map after all. And, hey, I just fought a wind god and won! I'm sure the crew will like that.

He has Smaug drag Jon up to the deck while he opens the map to see if it was worth all the fuss.
    The map was old, drawn on leather parchment. It had faded transparent runes inscribed over it and beautiful ink calligraphy classic to ancient Gaventian work. You recognized the major geographical features of Gavent laid out for you in vivid imagery, but it lacks any marking indicating cities or metropolitan areas.

There were a variety of other markings however, a total of four across various portions of the map. Lines of Gaventian script ran across these places, narrating something. It wasn't Gaventian that you were used to seeing however. Some words looked slightly familiar, but most words were completely alien to you though the style was that of Gavent.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

The runes on the cloth failed to activate. Either the wound couldn't heal, or it was too old and had left a scar after healing naturally. However, the munchlax seemed to recognize what you were trying to do, and he started to cry.

Patinece manages to translate the blubbering into words for you. He said he'd never been offered one of the magic cloths before.
    Janan was taken aback by the mon sudden mood swing, its Aura drooping in tandem. There there. Its alright. I'm here Seeminglessly speaking through his voice and his Aura as if by instinct, Janan closes the gap between them and wraps the Munchlax in a tight comforting hug.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

The map was old, drawn on leather parchment. It had faded transparent runes inscribed over it and beautiful ink calligraphy classic to ancient Gaventian work. You recognized the major geographical features of Gavent laid out for you in vivid imagery, but it lacks any marking indicating cities or metropolitan areas.

There were a variety of other markings however, a total of four across various portions of the map. Lines of Gaventian script ran across these places, narrating something. It wasn't Gaventian that you were used to seeing however. Some words looked slightly familiar, but most words were completely alien to you though the style was that of Gavent.
    Bartholomew grumbles to hiself. "Of course fighting a GOD to get to view the map isn't good enough. No, now I have to find someone who can read the silly thing." He'll roll up the map and stow it away on his person for now. He'll then return to the deck of the ship and recall all his pokemon.

"Someone get Jon over to sick bay and someone else fetch the first mate."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo works hard to suppress the grin that threatened to sprout on his face. "Sir, while giving said ponyta a test ride, the young lord was thrown to the ground. The continued panic of the pokemon stirred up a sleepy stampede and I was able to draw the attention of the others while Nestor made a panicked run for the fence." He clears his throat while going over the images in his mind. Anya was likely checking his story and relaying her own thoughts to Lord Tarril.

"This rush of excitement convinced the young lord to buy the pokemon and the transaction was easily handled. The moment we had left the building I warned Nestor about running off to some whorehouse, something I could see he planned to do from the start." He takes another moment to let that sink in. The reason Nestor was here was because of trouble with the brothels back home. "It was my mistake, however, to try to reason with the young man and so he took off down the street, riding like a child. I followed him, an easy enough feat because he took zero attempts to hide his path and many commoners complained of the brash young fool riding full sprint down a narrow street. Our carriage soon arrived at the Medusa, a house of pleasure slightly better than a bed on a street. I had the carriage park a few buildings down so as not to bring ill-repute to Lord Tarril's name." He mentally relayed that as for brothels, the Medusa was better than he said. He only exaggerated that aloud to drive the point to Nestor.

"I struck a deal with the Madam of the house to allow me to rob the young lord. It only cost me 125 gold pieces, and I'm certain I could have bargained for lower but I wanted her good favor. She aided in my plan and Nestor was soon tied to the bed naked and the woman he was with came out of the room with everything he had on him. Pokemon included." Theo takes a breath and steadies himself for what was to come next. He was working hard not to notice Nestor's emotional rises as the story was told but he could bet the young man felt a slight sense of joy for Theo needing to tell this next section.

"I took matters into my own hands, then. I entered the room and chose that moment to try and teach the young lord something about consequences. I doused him in alcohol and brought a flame nearby. I had just demonstrated that for 125 gold I could track down a noble, obtain all his possessions, pokemon included, and then kill him. If that was my goal. As you can see, it was not. I convinced him that it was high time we returned here, and to guarantee he wouldn't attempt to escape or fight, I confiscated the pokemon."

He clears his throat, story finished. "I requested the audience so that all this can be brought up immediately with no twists in the truth. I do not believe that Nestor will forgive me, I rather hope he doesn't. Learning from this scenario should at least make him a bit more clever, if he has it in him. And I think that means that I can't stay on this estate anymore. While he's here, that is. I think having me here would muddle what he learns from this day and only breed anger and petty spite. I request permission to live in the city. For a pitiful stipend I could have a small apartment to myself where you, Lord Tarril, and my mentor, Anya, can always find me. I am not requesting a leave of service, but a chance to live independently and improve my skills through new situations."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

A frown crossed Ovelia's face. The creature seemed defeated, but yet this weird puddle remained. She was far from the expert in black goo, but most pokemon didn't turn into puddles.

"Do you sense anything with your telepathy?" She asked Sir Hector as she knelt down next to the goo.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo works hard to suppress the grin that threatened to sprout on his face. "Sir, while giving said ponyta a test ride, the young lord was thrown to the ground. The continued panic of the pokemon stirred up a sleepy stampede and I was able to draw the attention of the others while Nestor made a panicked run for the fence." He clears his throat while going over the images in his mind. Anya was likely checking his story and relaying her own thoughts to Lord Tarril.

"This rush of excitement convinced the young lord to buy the pokemon and the transaction was easily handled. The moment we had left the building I warned Nestor about running off to some whorehouse, something I could see he planned to do from the start." He takes another moment to let that sink in. The reason Nestor was here was because of trouble with the brothels back home. "It was my mistake, however, to try to reason with the young man and so he took off down the street, riding like a child. I followed him, an easy enough feat because he took zero attempts to hide his path and many commoners complained of the brash young fool riding full sprint down a narrow street. Our carriage soon arrived at the Medusa, a house of pleasure slightly better than a bed on a street. I had the carriage park a few buildings down so as not to bring ill-repute to Lord Tarril's name." He mentally relayed that as for brothels, the Medusa was better than he said. He only exaggerated that aloud to drive the point to Nestor.

"I struck a deal with the Madam of the house to allow me to rob the young lord. It only cost me 125 gold pieces, and I'm certain I could have bargained for lower but I wanted her good favor. She aided in my plan and Nestor was soon tied to the bed naked and the woman he was with came out of the room with everything he had on him. Pokemon included." Theo takes a breath and steadies himself for what was to come next. He was working hard not to notice Nestor's emotional rises as the story was told but he could bet the young man felt a slight sense of joy for Theo needing to tell this next section.

"I took matters into my own hands, then. I entered the room and chose that moment to try and teach the young lord something about consequences. I doused him in alcohol and brought a flame nearby. I had just demonstrated that for 125 gold I could track down a noble, obtain all his possessions, pokemon included, and then kill him. If that was my goal. As you can see, it was not. I convinced him that it was high time we returned here, and to guarantee he wouldn't attempt to escape or fight, I confiscated the pokemon."

He clears his throat, story finished. "I requested the audience so that all this can be brought up immediately with no twists in the truth. I do not believe that Nestor will forgive me, I rather hope he doesn't. Learning from this scenario should at least make him a bit more clever, if he has it in him. And I think that means that I can't stay on this estate anymore. While he's here, that is. I think having me here would muddle what he learns from this day and only breed anger and petty spite. I request permission to live in the city. For a pitiful stipend I could have a small apartment to myself where you, Lord Tarril, and my mentor, Anya, can always find me. I am not requesting a leave of service, but a chance to live independently and improve my skills through new situations."
    Throughout your speech, Tarril and Anya kept their minds busy with games of voltorb flip, leaving you no room to interpret their thoughts aside from what they showed to the outside world.

After you finished, silence hung in the room as the lord considered the situation gravely. Very good Theo. I'm glad you were able to perform the transaction successfully and keep Nestor from getting in too much trouble. As for you he looked at Nestor. You will wait in your room until I call for you. It's about time we had a nice long chat about your stay here. Leave us. Nestor was escorted out of the room by a butler promptly.

Returning his attention to you, Tarril addressed you at length. As for you living and working in the city, I think it could be arranged. You will serve as my agent in the city, and I shall provide you with a stipend. I expect daily reports by pidgey, and you will receive your instructions in a similar manner. You will receive a weekly stipend of 50 Gold, which is more than enough for you to live a comfortable life.

I'll reimburse you for your expenses of course. I've informed the treasury to authorize a payment of $3,000. This should be enough to get you settled, make some friends, and cover your services for today.

Your mentor Anya steps forwards. You are to return to the manor at the end of each week. We'll give you a while to settle in before calling on your services in the city. Do you have anything else to report?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan was taken aback by the mon sudden mood swing, its Aura drooping in tandem. There there. Its alright. I'm here Seeminglessly speaking through his voice and his Aura as if by instinct, Janan closes the gap between them and wraps the Munchlax in a tight comforting hug.
    The munchlax doesn't seem to know how to react to human contact, but see its aura blossom into a bright star as it recognizes the gesture behind your actions. After a second or two, it began to reciprocate the contact, and its plush fur soon began to settle from its slightly position from when it had been shocked.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Only that the Madam was paid for a leeway in business, not for secrecy. If that's something you wish amended I can do so as soon as possible," Theo says. He doesn't attempt to block his mind to them as he feels excited about his new posting and the payments. Already he's plotting out a faint network of places to reacquaint himself. He may need to change the wardrobe a bit to keep options open. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Bartholomew grumbles to hiself. "Of course fighting a GOD to get to view the map isn't good enough. No, now I have to find someone who can read the silly thing." He'll roll up the map and stow it away on his person for now. He'll then return to the deck of the ship and recall all his pokemon.

"Someone get Jon over to sick bay and someone else fetch the first mate."
    Your men swarm the ship, moving Jon to the sick bay, attempting to clean up the map room and salvage what they could, taking lumber kept on board to patch up the wall. Your ship was a well oiled machine, and your men were skilled at what they did: skilled enough to act without instructions when they needed to.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

A frown crossed Ovelia's face. The creature seemed defeated, but yet this weird puddle remained. She was far from the expert in black goo, but most pokemon didn't turn into puddles.

"Do you sense anything with your telepathy?" She asked Sir Hector as she knelt down next to the goo.
    It's some kind of pokemon. It's unconcious, but not dead. I think that this is its true form, but that it can somehow turn into other pokemon during battle. It's mind was consumed with hatred directed at you, it was thirsting for your blood even though it had just eaten. A true monster.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-17 at 01:04 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Your men swarm the ship, moving Jon to the sick bay, attempting to clean up the map room and salvage what they could, taking lumber kept on board to patch up the wall. Your ship was a well oiled machine, and your men were skilled at what they did: skilled enough to act without instructions when they needed to.
    When his first mate, William, reported in, Captain Rayleigh said, "Next time we stop off in a friendly port, start spreading the word that I'm looking to hire a linguist to translate something for me. Don't say what, just that a pirate lord is paying for a translation of an ancient language. I have to get the silly map translated if I'm ever going to use it to fulfill my goal."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Its alright. I can take care of you. Would you like to come with me? Janan pulls out an empty apricorn, offering to the Munchlax a caring family.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"So this blob is its true form?" Ovelia asked as she stood up and took a step backwards. "Well, not sure what overtook it, but we can't have it healing up or being caught and used by someone..." Ovelia lifted her sword and started stabbing repeatedly. She didn't know how to coup-de-grace a blob, but she hoped it would work.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

"Only that the Madam was paid for a leeway in business, not for secrecy. If that's something you wish amended I can do so as soon as possible," Theo says. He doesn't attempt to block his mind to them as he feels excited about his new posting and the payments. Already he's plotting out a faint network of places to reacquaint himself. He may need to change the wardrobe a bit to keep options open. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
    I doubt she would be stupid enough to flout the information about. It would only lead to her loss of buisness. As I don't require anything more of you, you are dismissed. Good work today Theo.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-17 at 08:46 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show