New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Exploring Aatos (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Its alright. I can take care of you. Would you like to come with me? Janan pulls out an empty apricorn, offering to the Munchlax a caring family.
    The munchlax hesitates for a moment, and then touches the apricorn. Symbol magic shines brightly from the ball and lines of runes twine themselves around the muchlax. He doesn't seem surprised by this occurrence at all, and he disappears in a flash of bright light.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    When his first mate, William, reported in, Captain Rayleigh said, "Next time we stop off in a friendly port, start spreading the word that I'm looking to hire a linguist to translate something for me. Don't say what, just that a pirate lord is paying for a translation of an ancient language. I have to get the silly map translated if I'm ever going to use it to fulfill my goal."
    Will do Captain. Would you like to continue on to Merrin's Grave or change course?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "So this blob is its true form?" Ovelia asked as she stood up and took a step backwards. "Well, not sure what overtook it, but we can't have it healing up or being caught and used by someone..." Ovelia lifted her sword and started stabbing repeatedly. She didn't know how to coup-de-grace a blob, but she hoped it would work.
    Whatever you did seemed to work, and the pokemon was quickly turned into small bits of gloop that were quickly drying out. Sir Hector gives you a nod, confirming the kill.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo bows respectfully to both Lord Tarril and Anya, then he walks to the kitchens. He takes whatever's offered as his meal and chooses to eat it at the staff table. I don't need to face Nestor again while I'm here and I might as well give the poor boy a break from my presence. But it all looks to be going well for me. My own little place in the city, all I have to do is keep in touch with the Estate and keep up in my assignments. And so his thoughts continued as he finished his meal.

When he was done he retired to his room early and started packing. He didn't have a lot, but he collected his belongings into a bag and set it at the end of his bed. He released Torch to the litwick's night stand and let Sparky curl up at the foot of his bed. With everything set for the morning, Theo went to bed early.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Before the sun even breaks dawn, Theo's awake. Today's the day we go, he thinks to his pokemon. They each stir awake at their own pace. By the time they were actually awake Theo had washed his face and was dressed in dark pants and a white shirt. It was bound by a grey vest with Tarril's Ensignia emblazoned over the heart. He returned the two of them to their balls and carried his bag outside. He brought it to the front steps and looked to see if a carriage was ready to take him to the city yet.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    The munchlax hesitates for a moment, and then touches the apricorn. Symbol magic shines brightly from the ball and lines of runes twine themselves around the muchlax. He doesn't seem surprised by this occurrence at all, and he disappears in a flash of bright light.
    Janan releases the Munchlax immediately. You sure your ok? Janan looks the Munchlax over more closely now, studying the scar intently.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Will do Captain. Would you like to continue on to Merrin's Grave or change course?
    "We'll keep heading to Merrin's Grave first. If I can find a local translator, that'd be for the best. If not, I'll check the other towns in the Isles."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"There, let's get some of this blob in a basket or a container so we can confirm the kill and show them that King Jonathan cares about them and sends the best. Town is happy, then we show it to our bosses so that they are happy. Then I get to head back to the palace, so I am happy." Ovelia says with a chuckle as she looks around for something to store the bits of black goo in.

Assuming she finds something, she tosses the globs into the container and heads to look for the lady that seemed in charge. She realized it was late, but if she could find the lady then she could show it and start taking the trip back to town and be home and in her bed for training tomorrow morning with Sir Zairon and work after.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Theo bows respectfully to both Lord Tarril and Anya, then he walks to the kitchens. He takes whatever's offered as his meal and chooses to eat it at the staff table. I don't need to face Nestor again while I'm here and I might as well give the poor boy a break from my presence. But it all looks to be going well for me. My own little place in the city, all I have to do is keep in touch with the Estate and keep up in my assignments. And so his thoughts continued as he finished his meal.

When he was done he retired to his room early and started packing. He didn't have a lot, but he collected his belongings into a bag and set it at the end of his bed. He released Torch to the litwick's night stand and let Sparky curl up at the foot of his bed. With everything set for the morning, Theo went to bed early.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Before the sun even breaks dawn, Theo's awake. Today's the day we go, he thinks to his pokemon. They each stir awake at their own pace. By the time they were actually awake Theo had washed his face and was dressed in dark pants and a white shirt. It was bound by a grey vest with Tarril's Ensignia emblazoned over the heart. He returned the two of them to their balls and carried his bag outside. He brought it to the front steps and looked to see if a carriage was ready to take him to the city yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just assuming you got the money before you left

Servants quickly pack your stuff into the back of a large cart, cover it in a water resistant cloth, and open the door for you to step into a carriage. One walks up to you and hands you an envelope. It had your name on it in the plain handwriting of Anya.

Theo,

Do be careful in the city. Despite your well developed powers, you still have a long way to go. It's also your first time living an your own. You need friends, but be careful who you trust. Remember that in the end, you are the only person who will look out for you,

Best of luck,

Anya
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-18 at 11:06 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan releases the Munchlax immediately. You sure your ok? Janan looks the Munchlax over more closely now, studying the scar intently.
    The little pokemon nodded gravely and awkwardly patted your shin in appreciation. He seemed to have calmed down, but it was obvious that he might never be completely comfortable around you.

The scar was old, but permanent. The wound looked like it had once been quite severe and had gone untreated. The soothing blue aura that enveloped Hunger was severely darkened around this area, and the darkness fluctuated slowly like tides in the ocean.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    "We'll keep heading to Merrin's Grave first. If I can find a local translator, that'd be for the best. If not, I'll check the other towns in the Isles."
    Will do sir. I don't remember any translators, but then again, I don't look for them. He scurries off to start giving orders to the crew and tell them that they can't laze about just because there was a god on board a little while ago.

The sea was calm now, showing no signs of the storms that Tornadus had brought. The rains had disappeared as easily as Multani's curse had disappeared.

Spoiler
    Show
    You'll reach Merrin's Grave without any trouble within 5-6 hours. If you'd like to do anything in that time, go for it. If not, feel free to write yourself into port.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

"There, let's get some of this blob in a basket or a container so we can confirm the kill and show them that King Jonathan cares about them and sends the best. Town is happy, then we show it to our bosses so that they are happy. Then I get to head back to the palace, so I am happy." Ovelia says with a chuckle as she looks around for something to store the bits of black goo in.

Assuming she finds something, she tosses the globs into the container and heads to look for the lady that seemed in charge. She realized it was late, but if she could find the lady then she could show it and start taking the trip back to town and be home and in her bed for training tomorrow morning with Sir Zairon and work after.
    There are a variety of supplies in the house, including a plethora of woven baskets. Maybe the owner had made them for a living, or possibly just a hobby. There was also 7 triens (money), and a large number of food supplies. Unfortunately, there was also a bloody mess from when the pokemon had attacked.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

The little pokemon nodded gravely and awkwardly patted your shin in appreciation. He seemed to have calmed down, but it was obvious that he might never be completely comfortable around you.

The scar was old, but permanent. The wound looked like it had once been quite severe and had gone untreated. The soothing blue aura that enveloped Hunger was severely darkened around this area, and the darkness fluctuated slowly like tides in the ocean.
    Janan frowned. He wasn't quite sure what he was looking at. These.... colors, Auras, he was seeing were striking. From what he's seen, they came from living beings and for some reason he could see them now, but not before. And then Hunger. The way the scar discolored the Aura around it was unsettling for Janan. He made a mental note to have an Empath take a look at it... when he had at least more coin to his name.

Janan walked back to town, blinking to clear the colors from his eyes. As remarkable as they were, it was a bit disorienting to walk when everything was surrounded by amorphous color blobs. By the time he makes it back to the front gate, the Aura's had died down to meer outlines, and a final blink cleared even those away.

He returned Patience, knowing well that roaming the city with that many mon out was asking for trouble. On a second thought, he returned Hunger too. If just him freaked Hunger out, the city would drive him insane.

Janan took his time finding a nice inn to stay at for the night. He had already become accustomed to sleeping in alley ways but he wanted a good nights rest this night. He needed his strength for his... task tomorrow.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Best of luck,

It very well might have been. The early morning ride was calm and peaceful and free of surprises. Someone had thought to bring fruit for a snack and Theo enjoyed a light breakfast on the road to Orothan.

It was a well played move that let Lord Tarril grant this request. For one, he now had at least one more man inside the city to do his bidding. For another, he was confident Theo would grow in power while staying in the city, which meant that he would become more valuable of an asset. And also, it allowed him a bridge to his nephew. By sending Theo away, he had "protected" Nestor and the young noble just might repay him by growing up. Which, in turn, would raise his already high esteem with the relatives that sent the brat here. And Theo orchestrated a good portion of this to get what he wanted: a place of his own.

The thing about finding a place of your own, is that it's hard to find the right one. Most of the morning was spent moving from district to district looking for available residences but the size of the city exaggerated the task. They eventually narrowed it down to a quiet area close to the market, but equally close to a park. It was well into the afternoon when Theo finally found a cozy apartment that suited his tastes. There was then another hour of haggling, then dinner with the landlord, then some more haggling. As the sun began to set they agreed on a price and signed a contract. Theo then spent the waning evening unpacking.

It was a corner apartment on the top floor of a three floor building. There were several others in the same building all connected by a large central stairway. It seemed that every home had a window on the third floor, and the view was rather magnificent. There was large entrance on street level which lead to the spiraling stairway. And while there was no central kitchen for all the apartments, Theo was informed that there were plenty of places around that would serve him food.

Once he was unpacked, he stored away his money and carried only 150 gold coins. He left the building as the sun finally disappeared and began to walk around, intent to learn the layout of his new neighborhood.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia leaves the money and the food supplies. She was here on behalf of the King and wasn't going to give him a bad name by stealing. The blood? Well, her job was protection, not maid services. A bit of blood for safety seemed like a fair trade.

So with that, she tossed the pieces in one basket and headed out to look for the leader hoping she could start the journey home tonight.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan frowned. He wasn't quite sure what he was looking at. These.... colors, Auras, he was seeing were striking. From what he's seen, they came from living beings and for some reason he could see them now, but not before. And then Hunger. The way the scar discolored the Aura around it was unsettling for Janan. He made a mental note to have an Empath take a look at it... when he had at least more coin to his name.

Janan walked back to town, blinking to clear the colors from his eyes. As remarkable as they were, it was a bit disorienting to walk when everything was surrounded by amorphous color blobs. By the time he makes it back to the front gate, the Aura's had died down to meer outlines, and a final blink cleared even those away.

He returned Patience, knowing well that roaming the city with that many mon out was asking for trouble. On a second thought, he returned Hunger too. If just him freaked Hunger out, the city would drive him insane.

Janan took his time finding a nice inn to stay at for the night. He had already become accustomed to sleeping in alley ways but he wanted a good nights rest this night. He needed his strength for his... task tomorrow.
    You find a suitable in known as Beggar's Rest. It was a little on the shaby side, but it would do quite nicely. You could surely find somewhere cheaper, but this place seemed to offer a modicum of safety. When you walked in, a wrinkled man greets you with a toothy smile.

"Welcome to the Rest young sir. Are you looking for room and board for the night? If so, we provide good service for the cost."

Spoiler
    Show
    5 drachma for a room and nights board, but you could find as low as 3 in less savory environments.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Best of luck,

It very well might have been. The early morning ride was calm and peaceful and free of surprises. Someone had thought to bring fruit for a snack and Theo enjoyed a light breakfast on the road to Orothan.

It was a well played move that let Lord Tarril grant this request. For one, he now had at least one more man inside the city to do his bidding. For another, he was confident Theo would grow in power while staying in the city, which meant that he would become more valuable of an asset. And also, it allowed him a bridge to his nephew. By sending Theo away, he had "protected" Nestor and the young noble just might repay him by growing up. Which, in turn, would raise his already high esteem with the relatives that sent the brat here. And Theo orchestrated a good portion of this to get what he wanted: a place of his own.

The thing about finding a place of your own, is that it's hard to find the right one. Most of the morning was spent moving from district to district looking for available residences but the size of the city exaggerated the task. They eventually narrowed it down to a quiet area close to the market, but equally close to a park. It was well into the afternoon when Theo finally found a cozy apartment that suited his tastes. There was then another hour of haggling, then dinner with the landlord, then some more haggling. As the sun began to set they agreed on a price and signed a contract. Theo then spent the waning evening unpacking.

It was a corner apartment on the top floor of a three floor building. There were several others in the same building all connected by a large central stairway. It seemed that every home had a window on the third floor, and the view was rather magnificent. There was large entrance on street level which lead to the spiraling stairway. And while there was no central kitchen for all the apartments, Theo was informed that there were plenty of places around that would serve him food.

Once he was unpacked, he stored away his money and carried only 150 gold coins. He left the building as the sun finally disappeared and began to walk around, intent to learn the layout of his new neighborhood.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll create a map of the neighborhood for you on a google doc

You had chosen well. The area was relatively peaceful, with mostly residential buildings. Unfortunately, this attracted a large number of beggars who would sit on the side of the road begging for money. A small park sat about five minutes away from your apartment. It was filled with domesticated pidove that wandered the grass and pecked at seeds.

The main floors of many lots held small stores or restaurants. Everything from 'gourmet' food to blacksmiths, to clothing stores, to symbol magician shops. The evening traffic was busy, but not uncomfortably so.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Ovelia leaves the money and the food supplies. She was here on behalf of the King and wasn't going to give him a bad name by stealing. The blood? Well, her job was protection, not maid services. A bit of blood for safety seemed like a fair trade.

So with that, she tossed the pieces in one basket and headed out to look for the leader hoping she could start the journey home tonight.
    Medina was waiting the village square, keeping village while praying to a small statue of Cresselia. When she heard your footsteps, her head came up and she smiled. Welcome back. Have you news for us?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo easily ignores the beggars, and takes note of the multitude of stores. As the evening continued on he approached the park, no real goal in mind but wary of the bird pokemon around. Once he's far enough away from the lights of the street and the shops, he lets Torch out and the Litwick lights his way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my one wilds roll: (1d100)[45]
    Hoping for a Murkrow, but I'm open to possibilities.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

You find a suitable in known as Beggar's Rest. It was a little on the shaby side, but it would do quite nicely. You could surely find somewhere cheaper, but this place seemed to offer a modicum of safety. When you walked in, a wrinkled man greets you with a toothy smile.

"Welcome to the Rest young sir. Are you looking for room and board for the night? If so, we provide good service for the cost."

Spoiler
    Show
    5 drachma for a room and nights board, but you could find as low as 3 in less savory environments.
    Janan carefully counts out the 5 Drachmas for the room, thanking the man for his service. He sees himself to his room, a dinky little 8x8 room with sacks of straw and a musky blanket for a bed. It wasn't much but the extra cost was for security more than anything else.

He releases each of his pokemon, starting with Hunger then Patience and finally Fury. The little dragon snipped at Hunger causing him to squeak in surprise and fear. Careful Fury. This is Hunger, our newest addition. Hunger waved nervously, while Fury just glared. Everyone get some rest. We... uh... have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.

Janan lifted the blanket, giving the sacks a few good punches to scary any Bug types that might had taken refuge in them. Fury walked to the corner of the room opposite the bed, scratched against the floor and spun in a circle once before lying down, curling his tail around himself. Patience positioned himself in the middle of the room and sat cross legged, his head dropping slightly, looking more like meditating than actual sleep. Hunger rocked back and forth on his heels uneasily, unsure what to do. Would you like to sleep with me Hunger? I don't bite. Janan flashed a teasing smile at the young mon, offering him the bed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Few notes: I'm having Fury be a low Loyalty 2, Patience a low Loyalty 3 and Hunger around middle Loyalty 2. I meant to mention this a few posts ago: I'm fluffing a few things around Janan differently. I'm basically having him be a geyser of Wild Magic. Every use of Hey Guys! is basically the geyser erupting with some new talent or ability. I am also fluffing Aura Reading as being an On/Off ability, a skill Janan needs to practice with so he can keep it in a state somewhere inbetween. Keeping it on all the time is disorienting, like living in a Disney movie multiplied by 100,000.

Also: Drachma's are Greek. Shekels would be a closer historical analogue. Also2: I am not trying to do some weird stuff with Hunger. Just so its not misconstrued that way.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2013-03-19 at 07:37 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"The King would never send somebody who couldn't help you. You're people should be safe now. The monster is dead, I'll be taking what is left of the creature, a shape-shifter, back to the palace for people more experienced with to examine. Hopefully it was one of a kind." Ovelia says with a polite bow to the woman.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo easily ignores the beggars, and takes note of the multitude of stores. As the evening continued on he approached the park, no real goal in mind but wary of the bird pokemon around. Once he's far enough away from the lights of the street and the shops, he lets Torch out and the Litwick lights his way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my one wilds roll: [roll0]
    Hoping for a Murkrow, but I'm open to possibilities.
    As you walk, the sounds of a small scuffle reach your ears. Cawing and hissing start to fill the air, and soon Torchlights up a scene of two small navy blue pokemon attack a small purple rat.

Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-21 at 03:25 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan carefully counts out the 5 Drachmas for the room, thanking the man for his service. He sees himself to his room, a dinky little 8x8 room with sacks of straw and a musky blanket for a bed. It wasn't much but the extra cost was for security more than anything else.

He releases each of his pokemon, starting with Hunger then Patience and finally Fury. The little dragon snipped at Hunger causing him to squeak in surprise and fear. Careful Fury. This is Hunger, our newest addition. Hunger waved nervously, while Fury just glared. Everyone get some rest. We... uh... have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.

Janan lifted the blanket, giving the sacks a few good punches to scary any Bug types that might had taken refuge in them. Fury walked to the corner of the room opposite the bed, scratched against the floor and spun in a circle once before lying down, curling his tail around himself. Patience positioned himself in the middle of the room and sat cross legged, his head dropping slightly, looking more like meditating than actual sleep. Hunger rocked back and forth on his heels uneasily, unsure what to do. Would you like to sleep with me Hunger? I don't bite. Janan flashed a teasing smile at the young mon, offering him the bed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Few notes: I'm having Fury be a low Loyalty 2, Patience a low Loyalty 3 and Hunger around middle Loyalty 2. I meant to mention this a few posts ago: I'm fluffing a few things around Janan differently. I'm basically having him be a geyser of Wild Magic. Every use of Hey Guys! is basically the geyser erupting with some new talent or ability. I am also fluffing Aura Reading as being an On/Off ability, a skill Janan needs to practice with so he can keep it in a state somewhere inbetween. Keeping it on all the time is disorienting, like living in a Disney movie multiplied by 100,000.

Also: Drachma's are Greek. Shekels would be a closer historical analogue. Also2: I am not trying to do some weird stuff with Hunger. Just so its not misconstrued that way.
    The little munchlax considers it for a second, but shakes his head and curls up in a corner, where he closes his eyes. After a bit of rustling to get comfortable, he drifts off into sleep. Soon after, he begins to snore softly, though not loud enough to wake you if you're sleeping.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

"The King would never send somebody who couldn't help you. You're people should be safe now. The monster is dead, I'll be taking what is left of the creature, a shape-shifter, back to the palace for people more experienced with to examine. Hopefully it was one of a kind." Ovelia says with a polite bow to the woman.
    She smiled warmly. That is indeed good news. I shall spread the word so we can return to our normal lives. Do you require any healing? We would be more than happy to provide you with some. Also, I have had a bed prepared for you at my house. We would be more than honored for you to join us for the night.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

The little munchlax considers it for a second, but shakes his head and curls up in a corner, where he closes his eyes. After a bit of rustling to get comfortable, he drifts off into sleep. Soon after, he begins to snore softly, though not loud enough to wake you if you're sleeping.
    Janan sleeps in fits, the events of the last few weeks weighing on him. He was a fugitive in a foreign land. He has had to abandoned everything that he is just to survive. And tomorrow he will have to end a man's life so he can eat.

He wakes in a cold sweat after a fitful night just as the sun rises, beams of light cracking through the window. His mon were still sound asleep, though Hunger looked rather disturbed. He allowed them to rest a bit longer.

Inhaling deeply, Janan assumed the traditional pose of worship. He recited the hymnals in his head, as he had been doing all his life. He asked for forgiveness for eating scared meat. He asked for guidance in his time of need. And he asked for pardon for the act he will commit in only a few short hours.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Interesting. Torch, we've got time, let's weed out the weak ones and see what's left," Theo says aloud. Mentally he gives Torch a complicated route of action coupled with a poisonous smog attack. The Litwick throws himself off to the side, and unleashes the smog like Theo said. Theo looks around to see if any other humans are around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Theo:
    Wis: (1d20-2)[1]

Torch: HP 29/29, Def 8, SDef 8, Spd 5
    Move to Q10
    Smog at N10: AC 5 (1d20)[18] Poison on 13+
    Poison, Special Damage: (1d6+13)[17] If Crit (1d6+3)[8]
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I appreciate the offer of a bed, but I don't want to waste too much time out here in case I'm needed back at the palace." Ovelia says with a nod, "However, the healing for Sir Hector would be valuable in case of any wild pokemon or other dangers of the night."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan sleeps in fits, the events of the last few weeks weighing on him. He was a fugitive in a foreign land. He has had to abandoned everything that he is just to survive. And tomorrow he will have to end a man's life so he can eat.

He wakes in a cold sweat after a fitful night just as the sun rises, beams of light cracking through the window. His mon were still sound asleep, though Hunger looked rather disturbed. He allowed them to rest a bit longer.

Inhaling deeply, Janan assumed the traditional pose of worship. He recited the hymnals in his head, as he had been doing all his life. He asked for forgiveness for eating scared meat. He asked for guidance in his time of need. And he asked for pardon for the act he will commit in only a few short hours.
    There was no response from your patron god, but since you didn't usually receive any indication that he acknowledged you it wasn't anything to worry about. The distant one had not yet forgiven humankind, and he only acknowledged the most successful and dedicated of his servants.

Hunger woke with a start. He looked around frantically like he had forgotten where he was, but he quickly calmed down. Yawning, he got up and tottered around the room, stretching his legs leisurely.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

There was no response from your patron god, but since you didn't usually receive any indication that he acknowledged you it wasn't anything to worry about. The distant one had not yet forgiven humankind, and he only acknowledged the most successful and dedicated of his servants.

Hunger woke with a start. He looked around frantically like he had forgotten where he was, but he quickly calmed down. Yawning, he got up and tottered around the room, stretching his legs leisurely.
    Good morning Hunger. How did you sleep?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

"Interesting. Torch, we've got time, let's weed out the weak ones and see what's left," Theo says aloud. Mentally he gives Torch a complicated route of action coupled with a poisonous smog attack. The Litwick throws himself off to the side, and unleashes the smog like Theo said. Theo looks around to see if any other humans are around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Theo:
    Wis: [roll0]

Torch: HP 29/29, Def 8, SDef 8, Spd 5
    Move to Q10
    Smog at N10: AC 5 [roll1] Poison on 13+
    Poison, Special Damage: [roll2] If Crit [roll3]
    One of the birds notices you, and shoots like a bullet at Torch. Fortunately, the attack was normal type, and it flew right through the fiery ghost. Another pecks at him for 21 physical flying damage. The small rat attempts to flee from the encounter, but even he gets away, the poison will take him before long.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

"I appreciate the offer of a bed, but I don't want to waste too much time out here in case I'm needed back at the palace." Ovelia says with a nod, "However, the healing for Sir Hector would be valuable in case of any wild pokemon or other dangers of the night."
    Very well. Let me get a healer. After a quick patch up, your gallade is in perfect health. Have a safe trip, and if you ever need a place to stay, don't be afraid to come back. We won't forget. she said as she patted your arm.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show