New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Exploring Aatos (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Theo makes a mental note of where the bird went with his gold and resolves to track it down once Zephyr is healed up. He'll need more of those pokeballs plus some cash for fixing up the Taillow. He quickly returns to his apartment and grabs 5 bags of 100 gold coins each. He disperses them throughout his pockets and once again heads out into the city. Someone had stolen from him, a bird with dark coloration. Something that he might want to catch. He walks south from his apartment, along the shops and keeps his eyes open looking for a healer.
    You find a healer without any trouble, and her prices seem rather standard for the area.

Spoiler
    Show
    You haven't eaten yet (you had planned to before the thief. Prices are under the items page of the wiki.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Eventually, the mark removes himself from the water and heads into the changing room. The bird sits on the rooftop, eyes peeled: waiting for something.
    Janan waits just a bit after the mark got out before he did as well, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. Keep an eye on the bird.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo pays the healer 100 gold to fix up Zephyr without attempting to barter for a lower price. When it comes to healing, it's normally best to pay what's asked because discount work could cost a lot more in the end. He thanks the healer earnestly and keeps the Taillow in her ball. Speaking of which, he seeks out a nearby vendor and buys two more of those. His cash empty, only then does he realize that he still hasn't eaten. I'll eat after, he tells himself as he starts making his way towards the bell tower in the east.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Janan waits just a bit after the mark got out before he did as well, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. Keep an eye on the bird.
    You come in just as the man finishes drying off and starts putting his clothes back on. You finish changing about 20 seconds after he leaves the room.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Janan walks out the room quickly, trying to find the mark before he disappeared.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[12]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo pays the healer 100 gold to fix up Zephyr without attempting to barter for a lower price. When it comes to healing, it's normally best to pay what's asked because discount work could cost a lot more in the end. He thanks the healer earnestly and keeps the Taillow in her ball. Speaking of which, he seeks out a nearby vendor and buys two more of those. His cash empty, only then does he realize that he still hasn't eaten. I'll eat after, he tells himself as he starts making his way towards the bell tower in the east.
    As you make your way through the residential sections while avoiding the ghettos, the richly decorated cathedral looms over you. Finally, you reach the entrance, which dominates one side of a busy square filled with high class businesses.

Church bells begin to ring, and groups of people and pokemon begin to exit the building. They are all well dressed. These are the successful businessmen and lower nobility. Some are involved in the black markets that litter the city. They don't even look at you as they head home for a day of leisurely activity.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo does his best servant walk and keeps out of the way of the higher class folks. He enters the church and looks around for someone who looks like they work here.
    Games GMed

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan walks out the room quickly, trying to find the mark before he disappeared.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    You catch sight of him walking down the road towards a section of town with large numbers of black market dealers inhabiting it. The bird wheels high above, keeping an eye on what was happening.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Janan follows at a safe distance, trying to look inconspicuous.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-2)[15]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo does his best servant walk and keeps out of the way of the higher class folks. He enters the church and looks around for someone who looks like they work here.
    The inside was even busier than those who had left, as the rich folks chattered in the antechamber. Young boys stood on either side of the doors to the worship chamber, holding doors open for any to come and go through. Armed and armored guards stand looking stoic and impressive. The chief priest and his assistants talked with two impeccably dressed people, probably a couple, and their young daughter - who looked like she wanted to leave. Greeters stood on the inside of the doors making sure everybody had everything they needed.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo saw his chance and approached the group containing the chief priest and his assistants. He stopped a polite distance away and quickly scanned the thoughts of those in the conversation. Barring any extremely surprising responses, he tries to catch the eye of an assistant. There was no need to trouble the chief priest.
    Games GMed

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

You arrived back at Corus just as the sun was rising over the horizon. Maximus was breathing heavily, and it seemed like he would appreciate a nice rest after the day and night's exertions. He came to a stop outside of the stables next to the training grounds of the palace where he knew food waited for him.

Spoiler
    Show
    -3 to all rolls due to lack of sleep. This will end after 4 hours of sleep.
    After her long trip, Ovelia was feeling exhausted and couldn't wait to sleep. However, it was the beginning of the day and she wasn't going to sleep and miss a chance to protect King Jonathan.

Ovelia stumbled off Maximus and gave him a pat on the back before letting him head into the stables to get some food and rest. She felt bad for pushing him, but hopefully the break would help.

Once she was sure Maximus was settled in, Ovelia headed to the palace with the basket of black goo and went to see her supervisor for the debriefing.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan follows at a safe distance, trying to look inconspicuous.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    The man didn't seem to notice you, though the bird did. It didn't seem overtly suspicious, but it did keep a closer eye on you. You mark turned into a grungy side street of apartments without a backwards glance.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo saw his chance and approached the group containing the chief priest and his assistants. He stopped a polite distance away and quickly scanned the thoughts of those in the conversation. Barring any extremely surprising responses, he tries to catch the eye of an assistant. There was no need to trouble the chief priest.
    One quickly comes over to you. Hello, welcome to the New Moon Cathedral. What can I do for you? he said, addressing you not like he had addressed the nobility, but as he would address a peer.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    After her long trip, Ovelia was feeling exhausted and couldn't wait to sleep. However, it was the beginning of the day and she wasn't going to sleep and miss a chance to protect King Jonathan.

Ovelia stumbled off Maximus and gave him a pat on the back before letting him head into the stables to get some food and rest. She felt bad for pushing him, but hopefully the break would help.

Once she was sure Maximus was settled in, Ovelia headed to the palace with the basket of black goo and went to see her supervisor for the debriefing.
    Halt, who was already up and about, looked up at you as you entered. Back already Ovelia? I bet you didn't get any sleep. He laughed heartily. That's just like you. Work until you can't work any more.

He looks at the basket, and a more serious look crosses his face. What did you bring back? An ursaring head? I suppose we could always stuff it and hang it on the wall.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I can get some sleep tonight, I figured since the mission was done staying out there to rest was a waste of the King's time. Unfortunately, the trip took longer than expected so I missed some sleep time. No big deal." She said holding back a yawn. "And no, it was some kinda shape-shifting thing. When I killed it after a strange fight it turned into this black goo." She says nodding at the basket. "I figured some alchemist or something could tell what it was."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

The man didn't seem to notice you, though the bird did. It didn't seem overtly suspicious, but it did keep a closer eye on you. You mark turned into a grungy side street of apartments without a backwards glance.
    Janan follows closely behind. His heart was starting to pound, and his thoughts started straying towards thoughts he'd rather not at that moment. What would his mother say? Not important right now. She would be disappointing in him. Not important!

Spoiler
    Show
    hidey hidey! (1d20+2)[10]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Hi," Theo says with a friendly note in his voice. He scans the man's mind briefly as he talks to him. "I was out on business for my Lord, when out of no where a black pokemon picked my purse from my pocket. It had a sum of money that my Lord would be furious to lose and so I've followed it here. It flew up into the bell tower, you see. Is there any way I could go up there to at least look for the money?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma: (1d20+1)[8]
    Games GMed

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "I can get some sleep tonight, I figured since the mission was done staying out there to rest was a waste of the King's time. Unfortunately, the trip took longer than expected so I missed some sleep time. No big deal." She said holding back a yawn. "And no, it was some kinda shape-shifting thing. When I killed it after a strange fight it turned into this black goo." She says nodding at the basket. "I figured some alchemist or something could tell what it was."
    Halt peers into the basket and grimaces. Must have been a ditto. They're pokemon that can copy the forms of pokemon that they battle. They're also great for breeding. I have no idea why it would be black though; they're usually pink.

He places the basket on the floor next to his desk. Go to bed. I won't let you work without sleep. You can start up again tonight, and I want you to be fully rested. There's another ball, and I'd like you to be there. Some embassies from the Achaemian Empire arrived just in time to attend, so I've had spies placed among the servers I want you there just in case anything happens. A well rested and mentally sound you would be preferable, not the half exhausted girl I see now.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan follows closely behind. His heart was starting to pound, and his thoughts started straying towards thoughts he'd rather not at that moment. What would his mother say? Not important right now. She would be disappointing in him. Not important!

Spoiler
    Show
    hidey hidey! [roll0]
    He stopped at one of the apartments and opened the door. He glanced down the road before he went in, probably out of habit. Though it didn't seem like he recognized you specifically, he definitely saw movement and quickly closed the door. Through a grungy window, you see him ascending the stairs to the second, and top floor of the building.

Meanwhile, the bird lands on the roof and glares at you, it's aura darkening slightly.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hi," Theo says with a friendly note in his voice. He scans the man's mind briefly as he talks to him. "I was out on business for my Lord, when out of no where a black pokemon picked my purse from my pocket. It had a sum of money that my Lord would be furious to lose and so I've followed it here. It flew up into the bell tower, you see. Is there any way I could go up there to at least look for the money?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma: [roll0]
    The man grimaced. Images of a black bird flitted through his head. So the Shadow's finally started leaving the cathedral eh? I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The culprit is a murkrow that nests at the top of the bell tower. You should come with me He takes you to a small office off the main hall.

I'll start from the beginning. We'd been having a horrible time with our candlesticks and golden silverware disappearing when we learned there was a thief roosting up in the bell tower. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get rid of it. We've tried luring it out of hiding with shiny baubles, but it just takes them and fights off whatever pokemon we try and use against it. We've finally started locking anything shiny in large chests overnight. Now that it can't steal anything inside the cathedral, it must have decided to look elsewhere for loot. He rubbed his temples, a look of frustration and exasperation coloring his features.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-25 at 11:33 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"The Shadow, eh?" Theo says. He takes a seat in the office and puts on a pensive look. "It seems that it would be in the best interest for everyone, my Lord and your church, if this Shadow were dealt with. I happen to also carry a few pokemon myself, loyal creatures with surprising tenacity. If I were to deal with this pest instead of causing the church grief over the theft, would it really be worth my time?" He looks up at the assistant but the tone of his voice was conveyed in an ambiguous manner: was he asking for an offer of compensation, or merely thinking aloud?
    Games GMed

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

The man's mind immediately assumed you were questioning about compensation. It was Sarn after all. He spent about five seconds formulating the most noncommittal statement he could before speaking.

Surely the retrieval of this great sum of money would be enough worth for your while. After all, it wouldn't do for a master to think is his servant unable to protect the money that the master entrusted to him.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-25 at 11:57 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"True. But the money was stolen by a resident of this church. My master could surely discuss such matters with the Chief Priest, but that would take up the time of both important men," Theo says with a sigh. "You did mention that that this Shadow of yours has been stealing valuables from the church, right? Well it seems to me that you've already dismissed these valuables as lost, and what is once lost is often found by those daring enough to search..." Theo trails off there and waits for the other man to reply.
    Games GMed

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

He stopped at one of the apartments and opened the door. He glanced down the road before he went in, probably out of habit. Though it didn't seem like he recognized you specifically, he definitely saw movement and quickly closed the door. Through a grungy window, you see him ascending the stairs to the second, and top floor of the building.

Meanwhile, the bird lands on the roof and glares at you, it's aura darkening slightly.
    Janan dashes to the small alley between the buildings, hopping up against one wall. He pivots on the ball of his foot, facing the other building, and pushed. Bracing against the opposite wall, he repeats the motion, again and again till he grabs the roof, where he pulls himself up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Above assumes success.
    (1d20+6)[13]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

His mind goes into full negotiation mode as he puts his mind to obtaining the best possible solution he could.

As the murkrow in question is not owned by anybody in the church, can we really say that it was a resident of the church who stole? Certainly we can't assume that the church is itself liable for somebody who is also causing them trouble? As far as your master, bringing him into the picture would only prove to him that you can't be trusted with money because you can't protect it. He raises a finger, and smiles slightly. In addition, the possessions that the are currently with the Shadow are not lost. We know exactly where they are. They remain in the jurisdiction of the Cathedral. If somebody happened to find them and took them, I'm afraid that would make the said person a thief. His mind raced, looking for counterarguments that you might voice and closing as many holes in his arguments as he could.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan dashes to the small alley between the buildings, hopping up against one wall. He pivots on the ball of his foot, facing the other building, and pushed. Bracing against the opposite wall, he repeats the motion, again and again till he grabs the roof, where he pulls himself up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Above assumes success.
    [roll0]
    You got most of the way up, but lost your footing and fell to the ground. Your knee got scraped and your shoulder bumped in the fall, doing 2 damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reductions don't apply to this damage

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

You got most of the way up, but lost your footing and fell to the ground. Your knee got scraped and your shoulder bumped in the fall, doing 2 damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reductions don't apply to this damage
    Janan mutters under his breath, before getting up and trying again.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[25] Good thing I don't have any.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Well with all this talk of thieves let's get back to this Shadow," Theo says as recognizes the challenge this will be. "For one, there is no proof, one way or another, that the pokemon is owned. It's simply conjecture. It very well could be as you say, as I very much wish it is. It's also entirely possible that the pokemon in question is owned by a member of the church and is stealing from the populace of Orothan, right under the nose of the Chief Priest." He takes a breath and continues on. "Now, if this story were to get out, become repeated among the taverns at night and the markets in the day, then what a wild rumor that would become. The New Moon Cathedral, stealing from the rich and poor alike! Now that has a ring to it!" He smiles faintly as he comes to his point. "But that can't be true, can it? Not if the Murkrow, as you called it, is dealt with by a brave young man. And all brave young men need a proper reward now and then, to encourage the bravery in other young men. A few baubles and items that have already been presumed missing could only bolster a young man's courage, y'know?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma of OMG I need some luck! (1d20+1)[15]
    Games GMed

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

You arrive spectacularly onto the rooftop and see a feathery bullet shooting at your face. Quickly tucking into a roll, you dodge the pokemon that had been hanging around since the bathhouse.

Rufflet! It cried. It's aura had darkened into something clearly hostile towards you.

Spoiler
    Show

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show