New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Grandpre Academy - Rikard[4E]

This thread is used by Arq Kujos as private dicussion, personnal skill check result and solo part of the game.

Item Wish list (2013-09-27)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 6 Horned Helmet
    Level 8 Gauntlets of the Ram
    Level 9 Endless Canteen
    Level 10 Diamond Cincture
    Level 10 Strikebacks
    Level 10 Handy Haversack
    Level 15 Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor

Hal’ithermastil skull
    Heah gear.

Proprety :
    This helmet can containt 3 differents enchants. Each enchant must be made for an head gear. Enchabnt magic item, disenchant magic item or transfert enchant can be use to alterate the enchants slots, but the skull itself cannot be altered

Proprety :
    Thinking of a destination Hal’ithermastil already went to, you know the way the dragon knew to get there.

Enchant 1 :Goggles of Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 14
    This eyewear provides you with darkvision.
    Item Slot: Head 21,000 gp
    Property: Gain darkvision.

Enchant 2 : Horned Helm
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 6+
    This horned helmet increases the damage you deal when making
    a charge attack.
    Lvl 16 45,000 gp
    Item Slot: Head
    Property: you charge attack deals 2d6 extra damage.

Enchant 3 : Empty

Power : You can chage which enchant is active with a minor action.

Power : You, and only you, can remove the helmet using a standard action.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2014-03-03 at 09:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Grandpre Academy - Arq Kujos [4E]

From Last PM with Arq.
    background
    Spoiler
    Show

Rikard is something of a knight errant. With his family's holdings all but burnt to the ground, all Rikard has left is a barely operational ore mine, a mostly ruined keep and city named Rocville in the mountains name The Stony Beard ("La Barbe de Roc" on the map). Rikard is in charge of maintaining the struggling little hamlet around his mine and in charge of keeping the humans and dwarves there from starving to death. Rikard is a proud man, and he knows that in time he can restore his family's old lands back to their former glory, especially if he can get the mind going again.

Rikard knows that the only way to keep his family's lands prosperous is to earn the money it will take to restore it. To do so, he has decided to sign up as a mercenary with the Empire, hoping to earn a decent enough living taking high risk jobs and earning enough money to help get the mine up and running again. Once the mine is operational, he is confident that the rest of the hamlet will be saved.

However, Rikard's decision to become a wandering mercenary is also a partially selfish decision. After his battles, limited though they were, he feels a warrior's call urging him. It is part of his blood, his heritage, and he desires a chance to prove himself as a warrior and to make his name known. His dwarven and human ancestors both taught him many skills and techniques to fight, and he wants the chance to use them.

Family History Background
    Spoiler
    Show

Long ago, in the far mountains of The Stony Beard, back when there was barely an empire to begin with, a group of clanless dwarves settled into the mountains, trading ore and metal to the human sheep herders in the area for food and wool. Together, both groups prospered, and eventually, they came to live together in a place called Rocville. Together, they prospered, and soon, the dwarves and humans started to enter marry. Before long, many dwarves had human sons, but they were massive, powerful lads that made even the dwarves proud. As the dwarves slowly died out or moved on, the new race of humans remained, marked even today by their massive size and strength.

Rikard's father died on the field beside High Lord Arnish, leaving only his mother and he, a young lad of 12. Rikard continued to train in his father's honor as a knight, wielding a hammer made after the famous one wielded by his dwarven ancestors. Rikard's family slowly lost everything as the Tyrant King Alan stole his family's mine for his own use, killing all who resisted, and basically turned his mother into the bride of the new local regent in the area. When the rebellion came, Rikard personally led the men of the mine, now little better than slaves, against the arrogant guards, slaying and killing the regent with the help of other revolutionaries. Now in charge of his ancestral lands again, Rikard now quests to earn the money he needs to restore the mine and to help revive the village.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

Rikard is truly the son of a noble with the heritage of a Dwarf. He is fierce, stubborn, blunt, and arrogant. He does not waste time on pretty words that have little meaning, and he does not pretend to like someone he does not like. Rikard is above all else, under penalty of death, not a liar. Rikard feels little shame in what he does. He knows he is right in all he does, and once he assumes that position, nothing in the world can shake him from it. Regardless of danger, cost, or advice against, Rikard will do what he says he will do. Rikard hates to be indebted to someone for any reason. He is proud, but his heritage comes from human and dwarven miners, so he is not above hard work when the time calls for it. He will stubbornly do all he can to repay his debt, and he never takes charity if he can help it. Noble or not, Rikard always pays his own way. However, for all his stubbornness, Rikard is an unforgiving ally. He takes attacks against his comrades more seriously than he does against himself, which is very seriously. He would give his horse to add someone in need, and he always makes sure assist those who need help, be it with money for an inn or to carry an extra burden. After all, it is expected of one so noble as he.

Rikard is not cruel and he does not abide by cruelty. He does not cheat because it is beneath one of his skill. He does not sneak against his foes because his talents are lessened by such cheap tricks. He is always honest and he is always fair. Friendly he may not be, but a good friend he is.

Rikard is and always will be noble. His status as a noble is very important to him, and he strives to maintain it if at all possible. He shaves daily, keeping his thick beard at bay. He keeps his reddish brown hair semi short, but not cropped off. He polishes his armor daily as best as he can, and his mood always seems to darken when his armor is rusty or tarnished. He keeps a massive hammer at his side, one so large it is impressive that it can be heft with one hand, much less wielded. He has a grim look about him, as if he is always preparing for something bad to happen. He rarely smiles, and is often seen with a look of moderate contempt on his face. However, his nobility and pride are rock solid, as ageless as the mountains and harder than stone. He carries himself like a hero in a story, which can be grating to allies until it is he who is standing between them and the monsters of old.

Also, I have a question. I made a theme for him to use that I felt boosted the defender role a lot better than any other class I've seen. I'd permission to use it, but if you say no, that is fine too. I just have to change a feat.

Knight Exemplar
    Spoiler
    Show

Theme: Knight Exemplar
    Starting Feature
    The world rests on dangerous times. Dragons fly high above the clouds while large hordes of uncaring monsters gather unopposed. The common folk are helpless to stand against the growing, ever unrelenting onslaught of doom, but you are not. As a Knight Exemplar, you are a shining symbol of heroism and safety in a dark world. The people look at you and see their one hope for survival, and they revere you.
    Knight Exemplars are the wall that keeps the elements of chaos out of the lives of the average citizen. Training daily for years, these knights focus hard on mastering their physical and their mental strength. By doing so, they gather up armor to shelter them against the brunt of the attacks of those they are sworn to stop.
    Benefit: As a Knight Exemplar, you gain the armor proficiency feat of your choice, but you must meet all requirements of this feat.
    In addition, you gain the Exemplar’ Denial power.
    Exemplar’s Denial Knight Exemplar Attack
    You remind your foe of why it must go through you to harm those you protect.
    Encounter F Martial
    Free Action
    Trigger: You hit a creature with an opportunity attack.
    Effect: The target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
    Additional Features
    Level 5 Feature
    You stand as an iron gate against the rush of chaos. Your trials have made your body hard and your mind harder. Evil knows that your mere gaze is their doom, and word of your unwavering devotion strikes fear in the hearts of all who stand on the opposite side of you.
    Benefit: You gain a +2 power bonus to Endurance checks and Intimidate checks.
    Level 10 Feature
    Years of practicing self-discipline and temperance have made you exceptionally healthy, both physically and morally. You withstand assaults on your mind or body better than others who don’t ask as much from themselves.
    Benefit: You gain a +1 power bonus to saving throws.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-02-21 at 01:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Grandpre Academy - Rikard[4E]

Ok, I made some correction in red in the above.
    Check out the map in the first OOC post, under found document spoiler. You're hometown is in the north-west cover (name in bracket is the french name on the map... check out the mountains)

As for the theme, it is alright. I only changed one thing, the action type for one of your feature... as you cannot use a minor action when you use an opportunity action (see your trigger). It must be an free action in that case.

The brackground is fine by me. The personnality may be a little strong there, but is alright. Just be careful not to come out too extreme and make the others hate your character from the start

Here is my addition to link your background to link this in the story (you are level 6 after all).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rocville, being so far north, and with it slavery and tyran experience, turned down an association with Torres to be under their protection, making it completly independant. It even turned down an offer to join Huville and L'Oeilnoire as being protected by Pifville, prefering to keep complete control.

After some adventures in the north, Rikard got enough money to start the mines again. But since it have been shut down for quite some time now, most of your old clients found new provider for their ore needs.
    Rikard, witha few of his mens, found a few new clients in the northen cities, but not enough for him. He've gone around most of the cities around the Ter'Yav forest, which all are under Torres protection and these already are supplied by the capital. After checking his option, Rikard and his crew decided to buy passage on a boat at Fenris and get to the southern independant city of Bord-Eau, hoping he'd be able to make some buisness association there. He knows that Bord-Eau is independant and that he might find some buyers for his ore there.

Once they landed, they found out that the city have been attacked by some goblin army and is truely struggling for survival. He quickly found out that the goblins stole the city food and are keepiong them under some sort of virtual siege. While the enemies isnt surrounding the city, enemies keep patrolling the forest to the east, and keep going around the land sacking farms. He tryed to search for buisness, but quickly found out that as long as the city is in trouble, he wont find any real buisness for his town here. Since the boats are all forced in dock right now and the only land path is blocked by enemies, Rikard decided to help the city, in hope to maybe forge some contact and alliance for later, and to possibly make some money.

He found out that the city is offering reward for enemies left ears (Goblins, orc, ogres and the like) and for any stolen food retreived from the goblins armies. So Rikard and his mens decide to go out in the forest and to look for goblin camps, hoping to find some food. They fought a few goblin patrolls near the city, but decided to go deeper in the forest, looking for goblin camp, where they probably store the stolen food. You have been searching the forest for a few days, then you end up hearign some goblin horns nearby....

The way I plan to make you enter the game is actually simple. The players are about to start some battle, which will result in multiple weaves of enemies. During the battle (not sure at which point yet, so you have time still to reprare), you and your group - a few Dwarves and humans soldier will join the battle to help them.

How does this sound to you? Good enough?

The character should be made with regular point buy.
    You can take a theme (the one you made is fine).
    You can take a background in the builder, but it must work with the one you wrote (I can choose for you if you dont have access to it).
    You start the game with regular loot for your level (1 item level 7, 1 item level 6, 1 item level 5 and 1000 gold to spend. You can have any basic equipement (costing 10 GP or less ) for free as long as you dont abuse this.

Any questions?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a character sheet right here.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=386020

I'll speak in Red if it is available. If not, I'll go for something else that is rough and dwarven.

I choose Warsmith for my background, because being raised around dwarves in a mine makes sense that they would train him as a smith.

His personality is very strong, but he isn't foolish nor is he ungrateful. He'll probably end up being friendlier than he normally starts campaigns because he'll have a chance to forge a bond of friendship with them thanks to battle.

I'm working on the magic items, so ignore any on the sheet until I actually post them here in this thread.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I have a level 4 item and make up the 160 gold cost difference by adding it to my personal account? I want these items, by the way.

Avalanche Hammer Lvl 4
    Enchanted with the essence of an earth elemental, this hammer strikes foes like an avalanche.
    Lvl 4 840 gp +1
    Weapon: Hammer
    Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: +1d10 per plus, and the target is knocked prone.
    Property: When you charge an enemy and hit with a melee basic attack using this weapon, the attack deals 1[W] extra damage.

Dwarven Armor Level 7
    Crafted by the finest dwarf armorsmiths, this armor was once only available to dwarves, though now some armorsmiths will create a set for whoever can pay the price.
    Lvl 7 +2 2,600 gp
    Armor: Chain, Scale, Plate
    Enhancement: AC
    Property: Gain an item bonus to Endurance checks equal to the armor’s enhancement bonus.
    Power (Daily ✦ Healing): Free Action. Regain hit points as if you had spent a healing surge.

Iron Armbands of Power Level 6
    These plate armbands enhance the damage you dole out.
    Lvl 6 1,800 gp
    Item Slot: Arms
    Property: Gain a +2 item bonus to melee damage rolls.
    Level 16: +4 item bonus.
    Level 26: +6 item bonus.

I'll start buying stuff once I have approval on the money from the weapon.

1000 gold
    Last edited by Arq Kujos; 2013-02-21 at 02:52 PM.
    Currently Playing:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sure, no problem.

Also, you may want to make an ITEM wish list once your character is done.
    I use them build my treasure (to give me idea of what you really want).

You should makea list of 10 items of various level up to level 15 (dont only take high level stuff, so Ican award lower level loot as well... or you wont see much of what you want until higher level)..

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok. I'll work on the list this weekend. I doubt it will be time for me to come out until after this weekend.

Also, as a warsmith, I can forge things for the party if we need, so feel free to let me know if anything can be made.

So, gold is 1160.

Badge of the Berserker level 2
    This Dwarven Relic is favored by warriors unafraid to charge the enemy and take the fight to them. (Reflavored)
    Lvl 2 +1 520 gp
    Item Slot: Neck
    Enhancement: Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
    Property: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke opportunity attacks.

640 gp

Boots of Adept Charging Level 2
    Rushing in is less dangerous in these studded leather boots.
    Item Slot: Feet 520 gp
    Property: After charging, you can shift 1 square before your turn ends.

120 gp

Adventurer's Kit 15 gp

105 gp

50 ft. Silk Rope 10 gp

95 gp

Tent 10 gp

85 gp

Writing Tools (Ink, Parchment, Quills) 5 gp

80 gp

Item Wish List:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm not done with it yet, but here are some lower level items.
    Level 6 Horned Helmet
    Level 8 Gauntlets of the Ram
    Level 9 Endless Canteen
    Level 10 Diamond Cincture
    Level 10 Strikebacks
    Level 10 Handy Haversack
    Level 15 Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor

Any other various wondrous items of any level are always fun.

And any upgrades of my current equipment.

Finished
    Last edited by Arq Kujos; 2013-02-22 at 08:14 AM.
    Currently Playing:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Everything look fine(I did not check your sheet yet though).

Also, if you have a image of what your chracter look like, I'll make an icon for Maptoll from it (at worst, a siple face would be ok)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

How does this work?

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Playing:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Will there be any more intelligent artifacts in the game? I honestly miss Greenbane. He made me think a lot more about my actions.
    Currently Playing:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Image is alright.

As for intelligent items... we will see.

When you are done working your character, I'd need you too complete this spoiler (I use these informations for my combat)

Rikard :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative :
    HP :
    Surge value :
    Surge/day :
    AC:
    Fortitude :
    Reflex :
    Will :
    Resist :
    Passive Perception:
    Passive insight :
    Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) :
    Default Action when players unavailable : (This can be an attack or simply going on Delay)
    Laguages :

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikard :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative : +6
    HP : 61
    Surge value : 15
    Surge/day : 14
    AC: 26
    Fortitude : 20
    Reflex : 17
    Will : 16
    Resist : 0
    Passive Perception: 15
    Passive insight : 15
    Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +11, 1w+9, Push the enemy 2 Squares (Due to Bludgeon Expertise and Shield Push)
    Default Action when players unavailable : Crushing Surge on closest Enemy. Charge that enemy if possible. If Crushing Surge, make sure to add my Con Score in Temporary Hit Points to my Hp, and add my Con Score in Temporary Hit Points again due to the power being Invigorating. These Temporary Hit Points Stack, and stack with all other Temporary Hit Points I gain.
    Languages : Common, Dwarven
    Currently Playing:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Note that I am playing with the updates.
    The battlerager temp HP rules changed with errata.

Battlerager Vigor
    Whenever you hit an enemy with a melee or a close attack, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier, plus any temporary hit points normally granted by the power. You gain the hit points only after the attack is resolved.
    If you use an invigorating fighter attack power and miss every target with it, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.
    When wearing light armor or chainmail, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with melee and close weapon attacks whenever you have temporary hit points. This bonus increases to +2 if you’re wielding an axe, a hammer, a mace, or a pick
    THP dont stack anymore for the battlerager.
    Still, when you use an invigorating power, and hit, you will gain Twice your CON THP as the first paragraph mention (CON fro Battlerager, +CON for Invigorating), but it wont add up with what ever remaining THP you have (you get the highest total only).

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkah View Post
    Note that I am playing with the updates.
    The battlerager temp HP rules changed with errata.

Battlerager Vigor
    Whenever you hit an enemy with a melee or a close attack, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier, plus any temporary hit points normally granted by the power. You gain the hit points only after the attack is resolved.
    If you use an invigorating fighter attack power and miss every target with it, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.
    When wearing light armor or chainmail, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with melee and close weapon attacks whenever you have temporary hit points. This bonus increases to +2 if you’re wielding an axe, a hammer, a mace, or a pick

THP dont stack anymore for the battlerager.
    Still, when you use an invigorating power, and hit, you will gain Twice your CON THP as the first paragraph mention (CON fro Battlerager, +CON for Invigorating), but it wont add up with what ever remaining THP you have (you get the highest total only).
    They removed this line from the official errata?

When you gain temporary hit points by hitting with an attack that has the invigorating keyword, those temporary hit points stack with any other temporary hit points you already have.

That completely and totally sucks.

I wish I had access to the official errata. Sadly, I don't.
    Currently Playing:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Yeah they did.

I do beleive they did that becasue it was too abusive and powerful (balance).

You can change your character still if you dont want to play with this.

You also can have the errata BTW (I dont think it require subcription)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.a...updatesarchive.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

In all honesty, I think they nerfed it enough when the limited it to whenever I make a hit on an enemy, but its still powerful enough that I'll stick with it. I will always gain at least 3-6(depending on level) THPs, and I'll be taking some feats to keep boosting it up. In the end, it will be a fine addition to the party. I'm not the ONLY defender, so I doubt I'll take all the damage all the time.
    Currently Playing:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Yeah, I do beleive it is still a good build.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

That is a BIG encounter. Now you've wet my appetite for destruction. I can't wait to start swinging through these goblins.

Also, are these soldiers I'm with my allies who work for me or soldiers from Fort-Du-Col or Bord-Eau?
    Currently Playing:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

They are the mens you brought with you from your own town.

There is three archers and three fighters.
    They will be minions for the combat purpose (they are low level, which I represent here as minions, but the fighter can take two hit). That situation is temporary BTW and for the purpose of this battle.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

I was just making sure so I'd know how to rp burying them when they died this battle. Hopefully none, but if a few, I'll have a good reason to send the rest back so we can bury the bodies. Also, I plan to speak a lot of dwarven in character. I'll leave the translations here for you.
    Currently Playing:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

You stil have time to prepare, you will enter only during the second wave of battle... you'll see what I mean soon.

I doubt this will be before at least wenesday... but who knows.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ok, you entry is settled now.

The second wave got triggered by Ashe (he got really unlucky).

So you will enter at the start of round 4 (they are starting round 2).

I guess you already are following it, but if you arent, you may wanna do so you know what is happening.
    I am unsure from where I'll make you enter, but I think it will be from the east side.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

I was almost afraid they would kill everything and then I wouldn't get to come in.
    Currently Playing:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Do I get a cool mount too? Or am I going to have to sprint in plate mail? If the answer is no, the you are a bad man and have clearly never had to sprint in plate mail before. I can personally attest that it sucks.
    Currently Playing:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

This wait is killing me. Are you sure I can't come in during round 3?
    Currently Playing:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Nah sorry, you dont have a mount.
    A little patience, I want the other to be a little afraid... round four is actually even a little fast, but I dont want you to wait too much lol.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, you should feel secure that at least I am so excited for this game and excited for a chance to play again.
    Currently Playing:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I am going to come in from the East, correct? With my soldiers? I wonder where that means I'm going to start.
    Currently Playing:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, you can roll your ini.

Story wise, you spotted the first patroll a few minutes ago from afar. You saw the two hobgoblins (Antione and Monique in disguise - you have no idea though lol) meet with them and talk. Since the terrain was flat with not much cover, you decided to wait for them to move first. when they started to move south, you've also gone south parallel to them and out of sight (except one of your archer who kept an eye on them) waiting to get to an area with either lot of vegetation or hill to get closer and possibly set an ambush.

Once the goblin rached the heroes ambush area, you and your mens startedt o move toward the small hill as fast as possible hoping to get quickly close to them to engage in combat in the hills. You did hear the start of battle as you ran toward the hills from the east. Then you spoted 2 goblin flee north followed by an hobgoblin (Monique), who turned back and headed south once you all heard the horn being blow south-west.

You've heard some people speak in common (voice you'd say are humans more than goblins) say a few things (you've heard Bolerum last IC comment clearly).

So at then end of round 3 you arrive between the 3 hills (note that you dont see much throught the fallen tree - block line of sight - so you dont see the dead goblin on the other side). You dont see much because of terrain of what is happening west yet becasue of the hills/bushes, but you may have spoted a few goblins head (so you know they are there) and you heard Bolerum speak so you know where he is.

Here is a map of where yuou will start round 4
    Spoiler
    Show

I realise that it mostly means you will have to double move for the first round, but you'll be able to describe yourself and possibly talk.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-02-27 at 02:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Riokard's ini (1D20+6)[22]
    Soldiers ini (1D20+3)[15]