New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Grandpre Academy - Rikard[4E]

Spoiler
    Show
    I dont mind you doing the range attack, I am just pointing out the dangers and consequences here. If you really want to try that bold move, it is fine with me. If you are lucky, they wont drop you and you might kill HBM1... but if they drop you, you dont attack at all and your turn is completly waste.

To be honest, you are doing a great job...you are in quite a tought jam here, possibly the hardest area of that battle right now and survived with very little help. You should not throw the towel, even if they drop you on their turn, you still can receive some help later...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dont mind you doing the range attack, I am just pointing out the dangers and consequences here. If you really want to try that bold move, it is fine with me. If you are lucky, they wont drop you and you might kill HBM1... but if they drop you, you dont attack at all and your turn is completly waste.

To be honest, you are doing a great job...you are in quite a tought jam here, possibly the hardest area of that battle right now and survived with very little help. You should not throw the towel, even if they drop you on their turn, you still can receive some help later...

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you. I've felt a bit ignored by the party all combat and now I feel like I'm on my way out the door.

Its hard to feel heroic when you roll bad and are slowly ground into dust by a never ending stream of wolves with at-will trip attacks.

Still, thanks for the kind words. And no, I'll hold out to the end. Rikard's dwarven ancestors would demand nothing less than that.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    In case you wonder, the 3 new archers are not with you.
    you had no other allies waiting around.... so you have also no idea who they are.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Soon, someone will come to summon the others to go meet up with Flammemorte tommorow morning. That person will extend the 'invitation' to you and your mens.

You know that Flammemorte is the city mage and is sitting on the city council. While she isnt in charge with the trade department, having her to know you can be a good enabler/contact to help your buisness dealing with the city for Rocville later.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Personnal quest :
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the spirit of planning my game with your character objectives, I'd like to know what is/are your personnal quest(s) and what is the next step to advance it/them?

NOTE : I realise you just joined and I dont have devellop nothing around your character (yet)... but you might have ideas yourself about this.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkah View Post
    Personnal quest :
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the spirit of planning my game with your character objectives, I'd like to know what is/are your personnal quest(s) and what is the next step to advance it/them?

NOTE : I realise you just joined and I dont have devellop nothing around your character (yet)... but you might have ideas yourself about this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's a good question. Rikard has two personal quests right now. One is to bring back serious financial prosperity to Rocville by opening up a new trade relation with Bord-Eau. Without that, his quest is a failure. Helping the party only makes him a hero of Bord-Eau which makes his goal a lot easier.

The second major goal is to get revenge for his fallen men. He sees the leader of this armor as directly responsible, so they need to pay. He's got a grudge against these goblins.
    Currently Playing:

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Would it be possible to talk with Grok about the needs of Grandport for ore and stone? Any chance to bolster Rocville is always high on my priority list.

We can do it here in my OOC thread so we don't bog down the main IC with our rp about my home and Grandport.
    Last edited by Arq Kujos; 2013-04-11 at 08:41 AM.
    Currently Playing:

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You can do that in private later.

But I think you misunderstadn something.
    Grok doesnt talk for Grandport (he actually brand himself as a traveling merchant)

The person who claimed to be working for Granport was the woman Antione unveiled as Red Dagger.

Still you can have a private discussion with Grok about your needs if you wants.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Aww, my mistake. Well, I can always use him to build a relation with the merchants' guilds in Grandport, which will be almost as good.
    Currently Playing:

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I replied IC and you can dine with him if you want

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's do the dinner rp here in my thread. I'll fill everyone in once we're done.

Rikard showed up at the inn Grok had indicated early, wearing his best set of garmets that he brought. It consisted of a simple silk shirt of deep blue with a gold trim. It hung loosely on Rikard's large frame. He also wore a pair of loose fitting trousers, and his iron plated boots. Rikard wore one large ring on his right hand, and it also served as his signet. While waiting for Grok, Rikard ordered himself a tankard of ale, and was well into his third serving when Grok arrived.

Once Grok arrived, Rikard embraced him with a firm handshake and a hearty embrace. "Hello Mr. Grok. I trust you've developed an appetite equal to mine. All this goblin killing has left me with a power hunger and thirst."
    Currently Playing:

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Are you not going to respond?
    Currently Playing:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    SOrry, yes I will... I just have been very busy lately.

Quick question, your cohort (dwarves and humans) will want to go with you to a meeting about Rocville trade exchange... did you let them come?)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No, not for this meeting. This isn't an official trade negoiation. Its just a meal to build contacts. If it were something more official and substantial, then I would have invited them. As it is, Rocville is my family's ancestral lands and until I have something very solid to build on, I'm not going to involve them. I will brief them afterwards and let them know, but I'm not planning on making any deals tonight.
    Currently Playing:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grok
    The half-orc notice Rikard as soon as he enter the inn. With him comes Grik the halfling, but Ung doesnt seem to be with them. The charismatic merchant smile Rikard's way and head to his table.
    "You're earlyer that I thought you would be, sorry if you had to wait long."
    He return the handshake and sit.
    "Hell yeah, I'd sure like to feast right now. While I did not fight goblins like you did, I had a good buisness day today."
    Grik sit at the table in silence, while Grok order some food and ale.
    "So, I'll assume you just met Antione and his friends as I dont recall hearing anything about you yet, nor from Antione, nor from any of this city rumors. How did you meet these daring adventurers?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikard

Rikard embraces the halfling as he did the half-orc, though with more consideration for his size. "Well, its a long story, but my people are known for loving long stories." Rikard finishes off his third tankard of ale and then orders a fourth and some bread for the table.

"I came here from Rocville looking to start up a trade arrangement with my home and Bord-Eau. We've got ore and gold and stone ready to be sold, but things up north have been difficult thanks to political pressure and infighting. When we arrived in the city, we were locked down due to the grogi raids, so I and my men did what we thought we could do to help. What we thought was a small goblin war party harassing scared peasants turned out to be an honest to goodness invasion army."

Rikard stopped to take the tankard of ale offered to him by the bar maid and the bread. Breaking off a piece before offering it to his companions, he continued. "We bumped into each other as they were fighting some wolf riders, and what I thought would be an easy battle turned into a giant confrontation between us, them, and the grogi stain on this land. We're working together now because its smarter to root the problem's source than keep killing patrols."
    Currently Playing:

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grok
    Grik glare at you when you approach him to handshake and take a step back and sit.
    "Grik isnt the social type. Dont take this personnal."
    The half-orc smile.
    "Well that was a wise choice to associate with Antione and his friends. From what I've heard, they are doing a wonderful job to help the city here. They are gaining quite a reputation over their actions."
    The merchant pick up some bread and ask,
    "You hinted about wanting some services I may provide. What can I do for you?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikard

"As much as I enjoy crushing their green heads in, Grobi don't put food on my table and they don't provide for my people. Ore. Gold. Stone. These things are what sustains my people. Dwarven craftsmen and miners, living with human farmers and hunters, together. Rocville benefits from our union, and right now, they need a new way to sell the skills they've learned over the years. I'm on the hunt for anyone that might possibly need craftsmen, builders, architects, or any of the goods the earth can provide. I'm looking to fill a need, and fill my coffers while I do so. Rocville is very wealthy in minerals and ores, and we are more than skilled enough to dig them out of the earth. We're ready to start dominating the South Coast with our products for a fair price. Would you happen to know someone in need of what we can provide? I'd be more than happy to pay a finder's fee for such information."
    Currently Playing:

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grok
    The half-orc rise an eyebrow,
    "You are from Rocville? It make sense, considering your mixed blood. Well I could do some research for you and I might know people who would be interested. I guess you are having a hard time finding clients around your city since most of them are either under Torres control, while yours is independant. I guess you guys dont want to fall under the capital 'protection', which would make dealings with them easyer."
    The merchant smile, knowing that he is right on the independant thing, but you realise that the last part is mostly a guess..
    "Well I can surely help you there, I have contact everywhere, on this continent, and even beyong the normal boundaries. Are you looking in this city or would you consider making deals with other places? I know at least one place where I might find you someone interested, and possibly even a few more, if you are not too picky on whom your sell to. Your mines are mostly iron and you have good weapon and armor smiths, right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, your city is independant.
    From your story, I assume you would prefer to keep the city independant (considering you have been under a tyran and all)

Also, yes, you produce mostly iron and have blacksmiths.

Also, I just posted Ic saying you're returning to your Inn to see your mens (which is logical). I wont roleplay it, but you discuss with them and tell them you have an meeting with some contact. They will take thed ay to relax and go around town on their own (unless you have some job for them).

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

"As long as I breath, I and my city will be free to choose our own destiny." Rikard, looking a bit red faced from all the ale, decided to eat a larger piece of bread as the meal arrived. Bowls of meat stew, bread, and cheese were laid in front of everyone, along with another barrels of ale sat at the end of the table.

"I hope you don't mind that I ordered for us. In my tradition, since I called the meeting, you are my guests. And I always take care of my guests." Rikard ate a few spoonfuls of stew and bread before returning to the business at hand.

"Who do you speak of? I'd not turn away a potential client if I can trust them. As long as their gold is plentiful, and they are honorable, then I'd be happy to sell to them." Rikard stopped to wipe his mouth. "I won't deal with bandits, murders, or slavers. I deal with decent people. I'd even sell to the wild tribes of another continent if the gold was good."
    Currently Playing:

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    GRok keep his smile, shruging,
    "Ok, that thin the list a little, since I guess that you'd not consider dark elves as honorable... I would not myself even if I trust them enough to deal with them. But in the spirit of being honorable myself and not keep secrets from you, how do you feel selling to someone honorable, but that isnt too picky on whom who he sell back and might sell to less honorable clients, if any make him some decent offers?"
    The half-orc rise an hand to stop you from replying right away,
    "But know that your weaponry wont be sold back to criminals from the Westernalands, as the person deals mostly with underdark cities. He live in a city that act as a bridge and market between the underdark and the city from above. I trust him and knows he is a fair trader."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you know, the city have a rationning policy on the food. You may have ordered food, but it isnt a feast, but it is good enough... (they loosened it a little since the heroes took back some of the food that was stolen).

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikard

"As much as I loathe the Elgi, I can't rightly tell another man what to do with his property. If this merchant is honorable, then I'd be willing to deal with him. It isn't easy being a bridge between two very different worlds. Honor is a rare thing, these days."

Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot about the city food rationing. Hopefully this is enough without being too much.
    Currently Playing:

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grok
    Grok eat some bread and cheese and nod.
    "Well I know a man whom you would more than likely be able to close a good deal for your city. He always is looking for some good provider from the land above. Now, for my participation in this."
    The merchant finish his ale and order an other.
    "I see many possibilities. I'll guess you would like to meet the man and deal yourself directly with him, and I'd prefer that myself anyway. So for me to put you in contact and write you a recommandation letter, I'd ask 1 percent of the total trade value that will be exchanged from that contrat during the first year. I think that is fair, and this way, if you dont manage to close a deal with him, it wont cost you anything."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikard

Rikard seemed slightly suspicious of the man, because the terms he laid out were quite good. Still, a man like Rikard needed contacts, and this merchant could possibly be a good source for him in the future. "I'll accept the terms. Now, who would I be meeting with?"
    Currently Playing:

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grok
    Grok appear satisfied, smile and shake hands with Rikard to seal the deal.
    "Excellent! That is a good deal for both of us. The man name is Donald Blueshield. He live in Marklett, an underground city under the Neak peaks, north of here. I doubt you've heard of it, as it isnt really listed as part of the Westernlands, and I dont have a map for you to get there."
    The half-orc does smile and add,
    "But, Ung, Grik and myself know the way there. I was already considering leaving Ung behind to guide Ashe there, with the deal we have now, and you kinda joining force with them, it is all settled I guess. I myself will leave the city soon, with Grik, to go conclude an other buisness as I told you this morning. But after that, I shall head to Marklett myself, so I'll possibly find you there. Does this work with you?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikard

"An underground city? Is it like a dwarven hold? I've never been to a massive underground city. I'd very much love to travel there one day. My men tell me stories of great dwarven cities of the past that sprawled under the earth." Rikard stopped to allow Grok to explain more about Marklett if he wanted to.
    Currently Playing:

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grok
    The half-orc smile,
    "Well it is indeed a great underground city, but it isnt like a dwarven one. Dawrves have a different way of doing things than other races, a style of their own. But that city is special, being an underground port and all. As I already said, I'll ask Ung to stay in the city to act as a guide if you want to go there after getting rid of the goblins. I am sure Ung will like killing more goblin, will be a good experience for him to join up in an army."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds like a good place to stop. Let's settle there so we can get the rest of the game moving again.
    Currently Playing:

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, I dont mind if you still have stuff to discuss, but I am kinda done on my part.

You keep chating for about half an hour while you finish eating. You learn a few things about the half-orc. He seem to be experienced and have travelled all around the country. He can do some magic and create magical items. He is also sure of himself and have some good social skills.

Grik on the other hand is always on the ready and shy. Still, you feel that he would be a dangerous opponent and Grok confirm that he act as his body guard.

You learn that Ung is endebted to Grok somehow, but the orc seem quite pleased with his arrangement with the merchant.

Once the dinner is done, you part ways and head to the group Inn i nthe market district.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You seem to want to bring Rikard out with Bolerum to hunt goblins (OOC).
    I had the impression you wanted to stay in town ot work for your contacts for Rocville. Either way can work : the others ( your human and dwarves allies) will offer (or you can order them to) to stay in town to do the ground/streetwise work while you gain some fame helping the army (and have some fun) if that is what you prefer.

If you stay in town, there is some troop training you will be able to do there still too (will elaborate if it comes to that)

Anyway, we will see how turn out your little discussion IC