New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Sources and Dragons (IC)

"Big...wings...teeth..." With that the corpse's jaw goes slack and its throat, silent.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Ashlee rushes through the growing darkness to a small house with the rear half of a half gold dragon/half demon sticking out of the door. She taps on his wing, "Excuse me." It is more of a demand than a request.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

The large monster of a man looked down at her and tried his best at a friendly. It wasn't very good, he wasn't used to those sorts of things.

"Dano, continue on without me. What is it you wish of me, small one?"
    All your base are belong to us!

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Pixie in the Playground

Vvaren caught up and seemed more relaxed now that he was sure she wasn't charging out of the town. He calmly waited as she conversed with Garath. He desperately hoped it wasn't another villager that went missing.
    The True pwnage

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Treehuggers (I don't mean this as a derogetory term by the way. It's just a very good descriptor):

You wander through the unusual forest for a bit until you reach the center where you find a gigantic oak tree. The tree begins to sprout a new branch which grows into a humaniod shape and finally a beautiful fey steps away and looks at you. Her voice is soothing, like the sound of a babbling brook, "Why have you returned to my sanctuary strangers?"
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"Where is he? Where is the captain?" Ashlee tries to peer around Garath without success and instead looks up at the living blockade desparately.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Taking all that he needed from the body, he places the body back in its original configuration and heals the wounds that he had created. "Let her in, Garath. I need to speak with her."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath's form disappeared to be a few feet away, looking at Ashlee with a sorrowful gaze. He can remember seeing the dead for the first time. Judging by her persona, it only seems she is not nearly experienced with these matters.

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you Garath. The sections of the wall should be completed for you up at the quarry. I don't think this is going to be a pleasant experience."

Dano looks at Ashlee in the doorway and sighs, hanging his head. It was always difficult to tell good people bad news, but in this instance it must be done. "Come in Ashlee, and please close the door behind you. I do not believe it would be good to have others overhear our conversation."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Yes, Dano. She knows you best, and... I inspire hatred among the weak minded."

With that, Garath disappeared, to continue his work at the mine.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Ashlee walks through the door and turns to Garath before he leaves and thanks him. She closes the door and turns to Dano eyeing the corpse behind him. "What happened?" It doesn't appear that she's new to death. She walks over to the table with a sad look and examines the body.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

"It would appear that he has been victim of a transformation ritual. I believe that's what's happening to the villagers that have gone missing... experimentation. It appears he had died before the transformation could be completed. He told me that a large creature with wings and teeth did this to him. He headed northeast to a cave not of his own volition. I think once this wall is done, we should head northeast. But that is something my team and I shall do. Either way, I would advise not letting up on your partering up, and definitely limit entry and departure from the town once the wall is up."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

A tear appears in Ashlee's eye as she looks over the captain's body. "Yes of course. We will be continue as you have advised." She looks up with a weak smile, "Thank you."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Dano walks over to her, and places a hand on her shoulder, pulling her in for a hug. "Do not worry, Ashlee. We'll find those responsible for this and bring it to an end. And do not thank me, for I do this because I am commanded by Athena to do so. She knows what needs to be done, and by her grace, I will follow her commands." He pulls her away at arm's distance and looks her in the eye. "You know what I speak of, don't you? Pelor speaks to you in the same way. Thank him, for he has brought us to you. Just make sure that when the time comes, you pay it forward."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Ashlee nods, "It is Pelor's will that I aid any who come my way. I don't think that the villagers should see the captain this way. I should bury him before I head back to the others."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground

Drak'tek bows to the dryad.

"Greetings, friend of the forest. We have come seeking information on the dragon that has been kidnapping humans from the nearby village."
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Dano nods in agreement. "I will help you. Come, let us go." He drapes a cloath over the captain's body and lifts it with the powers of his mind. "By your lead, we shall go."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Providing he has caught up, Vyn simply does as he has been doing so previously, just keeping an eye on Ashlee and another for any potential trouble.

Avatars courtesy of Qwernt (Nagahydra) and jamroar (Ice Devil).

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

Vvaren follows as well helping in the burial in any ways he is needed.
    The True pwnage

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Ashlee leads the way to the small graveyard behind the church and pulls some shovels out of a small shed and chooses a place to dig. With the extra help the job goes quickly and Ashlee thanks you all before heading inside to try to explain what's going on to the others.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Drak'tek and Kaliand'r:

A sad look comes over the fey as she steps away from the tree. "I have never met the dragon, though the pixies and the water and the wind bring me stories. He was a creature of the forest, and though evil by nature, he protected the lands to the west. The dragon council called him away and now he carries people off to his cave in the mountains. They fey do not return from the dragonlands...no one returns from the dragonlands anymore..."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Dano takes his leave and heads back to the quarry for some peace and quiet. Six seconds later, he is fully rested and focused, and he looks around at the work being done. Garath had made some really good progress... but he hoped it was enough. He hoped noone else disappeared in the remaining time they had to work.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r sighs, confirming that indeed it was most likely this dragon that was the cause of the problems. But how?

"Thank you, dear Fey." Switching to the language of Fey, sylvan, "We will try and do what we can, to deal with this dragon kind, either through diplomacy or action. So that all may be safe from whatever darkness now holds this land. hank you kind fey, again. Your generosity gives me hope for our species." Kaliand'r bows gracefully, and turns back to Drak'tek. In common again, "We must reach the town again. It will be near nightfall, soon. This information is for the others to hear."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Treehuggers!

The dryad bows slightly to Kaliand'r, "Whatever grips the green dragon's heart has taken hold of many of his kind. Be careful in your quest. If you seek his lair, you may take Twinket to guide you." She makes a birdlike chirping sound and a jittery Grig springs from the bushes and bows in front of you.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

(I'm making a few assumptions here...but I'm the DM and I'm allowed... )

Vyn follows Ashlee into the church once more and continues watching impassively as she explains her sudden diparture...leaving out several details. The people take her words at face value and settle in. Ashlee busies herself caring for the others, setting up beds and preparing the evening meal. Vyn watches her as she moves from one room to the other. A knocking at the front door distracts him momentarily and when he turns back toward the kitchen Ashlee is gone, the back door swinging open.

Vvaren spots Ashlee dashing off into the darkness.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rushing out the back door in the kitchen, Vyn rushes off to find Ashlee, worrying constantly that at any second it could be the critical moment which he would need to take action. As he runs out and around, attempting to spot her in his now black and white sensory of sight due to the darkness, he calls out for her, shouting every minute or two her name and yelling, asking where she is.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

A soft, yet slightly annoyed Garath speaks as he looks towards the voice. 60 feet was a long ways, and he could clearly see the annoyance. It was that weakling, the small one that seemed to annoy Garath with his petty actions. It was the nothing.

"Do you not know the meaning of silience. Among various churches it is a great virture. If you cannot find the priestess with your eyes, and you recieve only my annoyance with your booming tounge, perhaps another method is in order?"

Garath chooses not to speak telepathicly, to avoid confusion and fear as he nears Vyn. He looks around trying to see if the priestess is even close enough to hear the fool.

(Spot Check: 30.)
    Last edited by Gradius; 2006-12-09 at 10:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vyn replies in a panicked voice:

"Well, I'm certainly open to suggestions. I made a mistake which I'm sure you will agree with me was stupid and that was being distracted from watching Ashlee for but a literal moment and she headed off somewhere and unfortunately going about yelling and running all over the place is the only method readily of any use to me whatsoever and I'd rather her not wind up dead because of me."

Sighing and stopping for about 5 seconds, he adds in a depressed tone, not really talking to anyone in particular and trailing off at the end: "If I could find her, I could at least stop her, even if it would be by force.........."
    Last edited by MechaKingGhidra; 2006-12-10 at 04:12 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath sighed as he cllosed his eyes and focused on his easiest target.

"Dano, I need a light spell over here. Apparently, we cannot trust competence from all of our comrades."

"Do what you need to do, but remember this. Yelling like a fool won't help as much as it might hurt. Though I consider you a fool, I will dig you out of this hole. I can build you a torch provided you have a meager stick to weild it."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Is it foolish to be dedicated to duty? I certainly do not wish to have..........unpreferable results occur if I do any less, although admittedly what was foolish was being ill-prepared for something as simple as the dark. Even natural adaptation to it doesn't help much, considering I don't know what direction I'm supposed to be heading into." Saying this, Vyn rushes to find a suitable stick for Garath's help to be of use.