New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Sources and Dragons (IC)

Tam

"Indeed. Few changelings are willing to show their true faces - even the one I wear is not truly mine. Now, does anyone know what errand of the king might have called together so many of us 'unique' people together? It is no trifle that requires so many folk of such power."
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now bored with the insectoid, Vyn turns his attention to the changeling. Even with his serpent face, the spark of interest in his eyes is obvious, indicating the new interest. Although nothing is said, Vyn grins, realizing the potential of such a being.

Avatars courtesy of Qwernt (Nagahydra) and jamroar (Ice Devil).

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I have heard that a number of humans have vanished along the western border. Perhaps this errand has something to do with that."
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Whatever it is, this Gent better hurry. We aren't easy to come by, me and Dano. And we have enough gold to get us a better job. Gent needs to consider this... a charity."
    All your base are belong to us!

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

"And, what is meant by that, oh large one?" Kaliand'r looked up at Garath, with a calm, questioning glance.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

The man speaks without looking at Kaliand'r, his voice quiet and confident. "He simply means that the head church for which we work, and are paid through, is doing this as a favor to Gent. Our payment is negligable compared to that which we normally would fetch. To be completely mercenary about it, we don't come this cheap."

He speaks very matter-of-factly, and as he does, he kneels down and reaches into the cloak behind him. In a calm movement, he traces his fingers in the shape of a circle in the dust that had accumulated on the ground with his other hand. Pulling out the hidden hand, he places it palm down inside the circle and a deep resonating thump sounds throughout the room.

Danos draws his hand upwards, and with it travels the shaft of a polearm, hewn of solid stone. Static dances along the lengths of it, until it reachs its full length, where the tip of the spear rests on the ground. "Where I can create, he can destroy. Make no mistake about it... we are not in the habit of being played for fools. And so far, Gent is trying our patience."
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2006-11-18 at 10:50 PM. Reason: For grammar-y goodness!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

A door opens and man enters carrying a lidded platter. He looks to be in his late thirties and wears simple clean clothing with the symbol of Pitra (a dragon and a unicorn embroidered in gold and white thread) upon his chest. One of the guards attempts to assist him, but he waves the man away and walks to the center of the room to place the tray on the ground.

"I appologize for the delay. We seem to be having trouble tracking down the last of the group. Please enjoy this while you wait."

He lifts the lid and the platter expands into a large table covered with food and drink (whatever your character thinks would be good is there...unless it would be a living creature... )
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Calmly eating his meal in a snake-like manner (swallowing large chunks without chewing) but without being slovenly or anything of the like, Vyn suddenly says without warning but with again being calm:

"So I presume my request for information is intertwined with working with these others, am I not correct.....................Gent?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

A small bat flies quickly in the window and makes a landing on a chair near the center of the room.The bat slowly grows and contorts into the shape of a humanoid. He was an elf of sort but had an odd sense about him. His skin was pale as the moon was tight to his frame from the ages he had seen, he had many scars from countless battles. He spoke in a soft but commanding murmur dulled by his age. "And I am Vvaren I apologize not for my lack in punctuality and gratefully thank you all for waiting for me." Just then Vvaren rose and confidently strode to the center of the room and started questioning each person, creature and page, finding all he could about these freaks.
    The True pwnage

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The man smiles through his well groomed beard, "The information you seek and more that might interest you is waiting at the end of the quest I have called you together to undertake." He looks to Vvaren, "I'm sure there will be plenty of time to ask questions of your new companions later. For now, it seems everyone here is eager to get started, so I won't delay any longer. Drak'tek is indeed correct. There have been several disappearnces along the western border. Over one hundred in the last two months. My friend, Doran, went in search of information. He failed to check in and a magical search has proved fruitless." Though he continues to smile, his bright blue eyes show a deep sadness.

"Though I would like you to look for Doran, there are more pressing matters. What or who is taking people and why? That is why I have called for your aid. Do not misunderstand," he looks toward Dano and Garath, "I would not presume to attempt to force any of you into service. You will be well compensated for your troubles...moreso if you end whatever threat there may be to this land."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The information will rest assured be enough motivation for my participation. So in essence, I have no qualms with doing this task if it leads me to my goals."

12. - Top - End - #42

"You have shown proper respect for the forest, Gent. Thus, I shall do this for you."
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

The tall man looks up at his companion and quirks up an eyebrow. People disappearing, and a friend of their master's friend gone missing. Payment for Dano was moot; he was doing this for their friend and mentor. "We wouldn't be here if we wouldn't have agreed to go on whatever mission you had for us. Your friend, and our mentor, is lending us to your aid, so that is what we will do." He leans up against his friend's massive wall-like flank, waiting for his response, if different than his own.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

"I would not have come, if I had not intended to aid your people, I will offer what assistance I can, as well."

Turning from Gent to the Thri-Keen, he studies the creature for a moment more, before speaking quietly to the insect thing, if nearby, otherwise he will stand up and walk towards him. "You seem to show a love for the woods and forests, is that true?"

15. - Top - End - #45

Drak'tek looks at Kaliand'r with renewed interest.

"Indeed, defending the wilds is my purpose. It is part of why I am here, whatever has been taking these humans may also be a threat to my forests."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garth's lips perked into a smile. He understood some things now, at least enough to get him by.

"We will do what we can, but don't forget... By saying you wish this threat to be ended, the colateral damage could be severe. Are you willing to undertake the possible carnage that comes with us? Battles go ary, and I'm not one to restrain myself against those weaker than myself. Are you willing to ask me to do all that I can to end these disappearences?"

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Gent nods to each of you in turn and then looks to Garath with amusement. "Ending disappearnaces does not mean killing people before they have the chance to disappear." Though the statement was serious you can hear a joking tone behind it.

He sighs and continues, "I have seen my share of battle. I have seen them go awry. Carnage happens. I trust the man who sent you that he would not have if he thought you would do more harm than good."
    Last edited by Fuzzball; 2006-11-14 at 04:54 PM.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

(You called me by my SN, hehe.)

Garath laughed at the man as he looked at Dano.

"This one here is an interesting fellow, eh Dano? Sure enough, I don't plan on killing innocents anyways. Of course, if your people feel the need to conbat myself or Dano, they will be in for a rude awakening. In any case, we all seem to agree on this mission, let's get too it. I don't like waiting around for nothing, and unless you have some sort of special thing to show us we can set off, right? I just want to get this out of the way now."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano chuckles slightly as the two exchange words. "Do not worry Garath. I have yet to run into something you have destroyed that I can't fix." Smirking, he slaps the huge scaled being on the leg and lifts off the ground, coming to a halt around shoulder level with Garath. "But, I do agree. Let's get moving and make sure we bring this to an end. No sense in risking more innocent lives because of our inaction."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Gent shakes his head, "You may leave at your leisure. If you require anything further all you need do is ask." Gent sweeps his hands around and up, lifting into the air and coming to float near Dano and Garath. He holds out a folded piece of paper to Dano, "Should anyone question your business."

He floats back to the ground and pauses at the door should anyone wish to say anything else.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath's wings nudged a little as he reached his hand down to grasp Dano. This was a typical way of long distance travelling for them, if teleportation was not applicable.

"Are you ready, Dano. I think we can make it within a couple of days at my maximum speed. A couple of moments if we can all manage a safe teleport."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Vvaren looked up with a small ping of pain piercing through his normally calm visage and said quietly "I dont think we all should go I can do this alone. Last time i tried the common cause thing they all died a horrable death."

He jumped and hastily pulled a highly decorated rapier, its blade was a long shot of silvery metal spurting in a slight ark away from the red hilt, the hilt was a long handle with a hand guard in the shape of a biting lions head and the pommel was the shape of a humanoid face. As Vvaren pulled it out the face grew to the size of a small head and it began to speak "What Vvaren means is that we will gladly take your mission and will take all the help we can get." Vvaren's face quickly switched from blankness to anger as he left quickly to the hall and he scolded his sword for taking control of him.
    The True pwnage

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano takes the offered paper and reaches behind his cloak and his hand comes out empty. "I am able to get us all there. Well, except you, old friend." He looks at the others. "It simply is a matter of you all being willing to do so. Garath, you know what to do." Dano holds out his hands to the others, expecting them to grasp his.

Something quirks in his mind and he looks up at Garath, then back at Gent. "Where is the location of the latest disappearance, and where did you send Doran?"
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2006-11-14 at 09:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Gent laughs at Dano's question. "I was wondering if you'd ask that question." He walks to one of the tapestries. It depicts Pitra, it's borders, and major features. Gent points at several yellow dots, "These indicate where people have disappeared. The largest concentration has been here at the southwestern border town of Asheen. That was where Doran was going."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

He nods, and stares at the tapestries. His eyes move in a speed that is not normally reserved for that of a human, and he places an index finger on his forehead. Looking at Gent, he smiles. "Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I do believe I have all the information we need for the location. Last question: Have there been any witnesses, or any accounts of what has been taking these people?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Gent frowns, "No. They just wander off and don't come back. Even the most powerful scrying can't track them down."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

His eyes narrow as he hears the news. It was a compulsion of sorts, as far as he could tell. He would have to do something about this. "Very well. We will start in Asheen. Garath, you know where that is, right?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Yeah, but it's been a long time since I was even in the area. I'll bet those people changed the whole place on me. I better not get stuck in a building this time, or I swear I will destroy it to a cinder. Whatever. Gent, good luck, and keep a scry on us. We'll likely disappear, then reappear again. But it could take a while."

With that, the massive man simply disappeared. He had no flash, no bang. He was just gone, with all of his equipment with him.

(Greater Teleport, no DC since you told me everything I needed to know.)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

"Let's roll, folks." He once again holds out his hands waiting for the others.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Vvaren enters the room once again totally calm."Fenrisar and I have come to the conclusion that this will be much easier with the aid of all of you, and that we should contact the relatives on the missing people and find where they were the day they went missing and ask if they had been acting weird recently ate anything that could effect their judgmental abilities."

"We can't let any detail get by us if we are to discover the true deviance of the matter."Fenrisar piped in.
    The True pwnage