New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 1,321 to 1,345 of 1345
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Sources and Dragons (IC)

Dano looks around him in awe, stunned by the mutual cease-fire by both sides. His gaze then moves to the man as he shambles over, curious about why he's so blasted calm. His hand holds Ashlee's firmly, and she can feel him tamp out the sensation of overprotection. No harm would come to them here, so he decided to relax a bit. He eyes the proffered hand, then bows slightly instead of coming into physical contact with the man. "Yes. I am S'th'Dano, and this is my wife, Ashlee. We are two of ... I guess now four who have been fighting against the sources." His voice is fairly monotone at the implied death of his scout, though there is a hint of disappointment and relief at the same time. "I know your name, but I don't know what your business is here. You look like you've been through hell and back."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Ashlee's nose wrinkles a bit and she shrinks away from Beleg's gaze. She bows slightly to the man, squeezing Dano's hand as she does so, and she turns a bit pale.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Beleg Valar

"Hell? Nah, not so much. I'm not dumb enough to play on Tiamat's doorstep. But I've been to quite a few other places recently. Unfortunately matters have kept me from giving you folks a hand here against those source bastards. But I sorted it out so Bahamut decided to send me and my boys down here to lend a claw. Nothing like dragons for dealing with dragons, after all."

Beleg waves at the chromatic dragons nearby, "Hell, even the Lady T sent her toy and some friends along to help. She almost never sends her troops to a fight like this, although Ruin there would probably join in either way."

Ruin's head rises at the mention of his name, and he picks his massive purple bulk off the ground and with a stately stride ambles over to the little group. Ruin looks down at Beleg for a long moment, the two just glaring at one another for a moment. But then it passed and the two exchanged the smiles and greetings of old comrades. "My Lady sends her well wishes to you. She says she has a special cell for you, whenever you visit."

Beleg snorts, "I'm sure she does. And what does your lady have to say about this source dragon bastard we are aiming at?"

"First off, source dragon bastard these folks are aiming at," Ruin motions to Ashlee and Dano, "The dragons with us are extremely susceptable to what it can do, and with the particular changes we've experienced from our respective lieges we will be mostly ineffective. Blame its source traits for that."

"Before being a source, Syzdothyx was incredibly powerful. He was even willing to sacrifice his hoard in his quest for more power. Syz was unable to gain kingship before he joined with the source, but he was a close runner up. Probably the second most powerful dragon on this plane. Then he found the source, or the source found him, or whatever caused them to combine. Between the power it granted him and the army of dragons he gained, the old regime stood no chance. Now its up to you two," Ruin waves a giant talon at Ashlee and Dano, "plus whoever else Wren managed to scrape together to deal with Syzdothyx."

Beleg nodded, looking more serious than before, "We can't do anything to him, but we can keep those dragons Syz has in thrall from getting in your way. Kill him and hopefully that source's hold will fade before we have to slaughter too many of our kin. I have a few more favors I want to call in, try and get our forces boosted some. We'll be ready to fly when your people are Dano."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Orc in the Playground

Dano looks at the exchange, absorbing all the information. He knows Vires will have an especially vested interest in this dragon being brought down, but he also knows him being a pureblood will prove to be problematic. "Thank you." He looks at Ashlee then back at the other two. "Ruin, I know we are working to defeat a common enemy in this all, but I also know you and your 'lady' are likely going to do whatever you can to gain the upper hand and take advantage of this situation. I simply ask that you do not. I know my opinion means little, but it is one of your kind, after all, that has generated this problem. I also know that you are likely less beholden to the concept of fighting fairly, but I would like to have your word that you will not allow your forces attack the metallic dragons -- or my party for that matter -- until this situation can be resolved.

You may think it arrogant or naive of me to ask that, but which would you rather have? A situation where your forces are distracted about what is to come against the metallics, or a situation where they can fight with all their strength and not worry about what lies ahead of them? I would venture a guess that you will have more casualties with diminishing results trying to capitalize upon an opening like this than you would simply waging your war at a later date."
    Ashlee can feel his apprehension, hoping that Ruin agrees. "Obviously, the Metallic dragons would also be required to abide by this agreement."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Beleg Valar & Ruin

Ruin looks down at Dano and gives a snort of amusement, "If I was planning a betrayal I would have brought more than this paltry group. We are here to destroy the source and restore the previous balance. If these dragons want to have it out later thats their business."

"As for it being one of my kind causing the problem," Ruin lowers his voice into a growl, "I am not one of those trice-damned sources. Don't blame us because that bastard king couldn't hold his throne against one."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Orc in the Playground

Dano leans near Ruin, unintimidated by the large Wyrm. "I wouldn't be so quick to lash out against the former King. I do recall a certain Wyrm asking for our help with another source." He looks up at the dragon and shrugs, looking at Beleg and righting himself. "I think Ashlee and I will retire to our room now. Hopefully, we'll be able to move towards this major source soon. Until then. Gentlemen." He bows to both of them, then guides Ashlee away from the pair and into the house.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    As one of my real life friends (yes, even I have those) says:

BUILD MORE CITY WALLS CHARACTER SHEETS!

<<Hugs all my wayward players>>

Maybe we should have a player roll call....

DM? Here!
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    As if I'd go missing. Pfft. Wraithkin: Teh Here !!

P.S. BUILD YOUR SHEET

This public service announcement provided to you by our following sponsors:
    Guy who's getting fooking sick and tired of waiting for lazy-asses to build their sheets.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Yea, yea, I'm here. Claw, smite, rar.
    All your base are belong to us!

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Orc in the Playground

Where oh where has my Fuzzball gone? Oh where, oh where could she be?

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

She was just waiting to see how long you'd wait to pester her. It looks like it's just the three of us again. <<sigh>> I guess I'll have to give you some reinforcements of my own instead of fellow players. Oh well...I'll get a post up soon...maybe this evening...
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah. Grad and I were talking about it.... we were actually concerned about her, since she didn't get on MSN since the last time she posted. Grad said Sakura was waiting for her... or somethin' like that. I dunno. I've been patiently twiddling my thumbs, hoping to see her online.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Dano and Ashlee walked up the steps and were greeted by a gnome in the doorway. "Morris will be here in a minute and we can get this over with. Yorimi! Get over here!" Anar pushed his way past the two and began placing ornately inscribed crystals in a circle on the ground.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Orc in the Playground

Dano looks at Anar with a look of curiosity, and then at Ashlee with a shrug. "In or out?"

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Ashlee squeezes Dano's hand, "Time to get to work I suppose." She tugs him toward Anar and examines the spellcaster's work.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Orc in the Playground

Dano smiles down at her and allows himself to be led forward.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Sucubus appeared in the air yawning and sliding on a strap of her rather skimpy clothing back over her shoulder with a giggle. She hovered over Anar and looked down.

"Why can't you summon me like all the other cute guys? You are a little less muscular than most of them though..."

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Orc in the Playground

Dano stops behind Ashlee and wraps his arms around her waist. Looking up at Yori, he shakes his head slightly in amusement and chuckles lightly. "Call it a hunch, but I don't think he's interested in what you have to offer. Oh, and nice of you to show up. You know where Vires is?"
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2008-06-22 at 10:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Barbarian in the Playground

"The big gold thing said that he was going to be just a minute... apparently he's doing something that he thinks will make him more useful...Teehee, I think he just planned on oversleeping."

The Succubus fluttered a bit before landing looking at Dano real close before mirroring Ashlee once again.

"And what's wrong with what I have to offer, sweeties?"

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Orc in the Playground

Dano looks at Yorimi and shakes his head. "It's not that what you have is wrong, it's just that he's not interested in whatever it is." Dano looks up and mentally calls out to Vires.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey Fuzz, can you get on MSN sometime soon?

Vires smiled as he flew down to meet the other dragons, his powerful and matured state glowing in his ability. He was a good set more durable than the dragons here, and he was extremely powerful. Yet, he had to admire that there was so many other dragons willing to face the cause. Even the detestable ruin was here, only signaling a incredible threat.

"I apologize for not informing you, my friend. Yorimi was nearby at the time when I first decided... But I had to spend a day in search though my Horde. As you know, even as a half breed, Garath enjoyed collecting strange things, such as that enchanted platform. I elected to make a full search, well as full as I can within a day, and I've uncovered something useful."

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Anar ignored the bickering and continued setting up. Morris emerged from the house along with a small group of people as the gnome finished. An attractive winged woman waved at Ashlee and Dano, Limerick's lynx trotting at her side. Anar looked up at Vires, "If you wouldn't mind taking a slightly smaller form, this will only take a minute. Everyone into the circle."

Ashlee squeezed Dano's hands and pulled him into the circle. Part of the group with Morris followed suit and the rest took up positions by each of the crystals that Anar had set up.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Orc in the Playground

Dano wraps his arms protectively around Ashlee as they come to a halt within the circle. "Where are we going?" He looks at Anar and Morris as he looks at the circle of gems.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Vires nodded and rose up a moment, his form quickly turning into the golden furred puppy that plopped onto Dano's head as it let out a low bark as though laughing. Her stayed still, remembering the last time he took this form.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Orc in the Playground

Dano looks up at his friend's new form, but says nothing. As long as he behaved, Dano wouldn't have a problem with it. Through her link, however, Ashlee can feel mild amusement coming from her husband.