New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Kansai Region: Main

Bruce approaches Irisis and stands over her.
    "I will join you."
    His statement was intended to be a question as well, but his lack of voice inflection doesn't really give it off as one.

He knew the two well enough, the girl was one of the smartest in the class and the boy was talented with the training aspects. They would be good travel partners at least until he got the hang of learning the basics of Pokemon battle.
    Last edited by Anonyman; 2013-02-23 at 11:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zaph had an amazing collection of drawings. It was really interesting for Jake O. to see the different kind of styles she used compared to his. It didn't take long for Jake to take out his own booklet and showing it to Zaph. "Awesome! I once saw a Deerling myself - he said, going to the index of his notebook and looking up the deerling - though in his natural habitat. Look" he said as he showed her the picture.

Then Jake thought of one of the coolest ideas ever (in his opinion). "Say, Zaph-he asked Devlin and I are already travelling together, and we're both into sketching pokemon/looking at pokemon, so would you like to join us? We could, all together, meet some pretty interesting pokemon everywhere. We would be the sketcher or watchergroup " Jake hoped Zaph would join, making them a solid group.

Spoiler
    Show

If we team up *crosses fingers*, we'd have one of each starter type. Wouldn't that be an advantage?

3. - Top - End - #63

BlackDragon

"Oh good, we can call this group the babysit Railyn party." Railyn says with a sigh, tossing his hands up. He is about to make another comment to Irisis when Bruce approaches and offers to join.

"The more the merrier I think." He says with a smile, offering a hand to shake.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bruce takes the man's hand and gives it a firm handshake. Railyn was strong, he would do well.
    Satisfied that he had made plans, he goes to his chair and sits down. The Pokeball in front of him was tempting, but he was sure that whatever it was, it would be powerful enough. He sits down and stares forward, awaiting the Ceremony.

5. - Top - End - #65

Well, if I have this correct, then, assuming Logan agrees, (and assuming all other proposed group invites will be accepted) we'd be heading out in the following groups:

Group 1 is Seika, Logan, Katelynn, Jake S.
    Group 2 is Irisis, Railyn, and Bruce.
    Group 3 is Devlin, Jake O. and Zaphrina.

That leaves Luke, Brygit, and, James.

Seika appears to think for just a moment before adding,
    I know Zaph is being asked by someone else as well, so would you like to join us and make it a full 5-man team Brygit? Well, 2 man and 3 woman team anyways.
    Avatar by Prime32. Seriously, his stuff is awesome.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Brygit looks at Luke Um, well, I wouldn't want to leave Luke and James with such a small group, and I'd think we'd make a great team. She now turns to Seika But if they are fine by themselves I guess I'd accept

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Sure guys, that would be great! I can talk to my dad about the few places he hasn't taken me yet so we can figure out where we want to go." Turning to Luke, she flips through her sketchbook to a page with a pink Shellos playing in the water with a Tirtouga. "Well Luke, this is my latest sketch of water Pokemon. Feel free to go through the book and look for others. There are Pokemon from three different lakes and ponds, the river, and even the ocean. My dad took me there to help with a trapped Teddiursa during the summer. Do you like them?" Zaphrina hands the book over to Luke as he approaches and pulls out a single paper still left in her bag, looking over it with both joy and sorrow.
    Last edited by FallenAngel; 2013-02-23 at 12:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Jake O. notices Zaphrina looking at the picture. It seemed it was a touchy subject and he didn't quite know how to approach it. "Say Zaph. What's on that picture in your hand? Mind if I see it?" he says, while still showing his book. He quickly flips pages on his notebook to find a sketch that could cheer Zaph up a bit.
    He gets to a sketch of a cute vulpix and shows it to her.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by gunnar11; 2013-02-23 at 01:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"It's a picture of a Shinx that used to hang around our house a lot. We fed it and made sure it was warm in the winter. We pretty much adopted it... Until a crook caught it. My dad never did get the guy who did it." She hands the picture over slowly to Luke.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70

RedWizardGuy

Snapping out of the little day dream he was having and registering what Seika asked Logan replies "Not really, everyone here seems to be nice people and I really wouldn't mind travelling with anyone seeing as most of us seem to have similar-ish goals." Logan then smiles having just realized that he was almost ready to start travelling.

All that was left was to get the ceremony over with, go home, say good bye to his parents and grab his stuff then he was free to travel with his new found companions.

Jingle Bells, Twilight Smells, Edward Ran Away,
    Bella Dies, Jacob Cries, Star Wars All The Way, HEY!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Irisis turns to Railyn at his first comment before Bruce comes over and said quietly to him. "Well, if you didn't have people looking after you then you would probably rush in without thinking and getting stuck in a situation you wouldn't know how to get out of. The more people you travel with the more diverse the skills the group has and the more likely we can get out of unwanted situations. Its for my benefit as well you know since I know that I am no good at fighting or anything athletic."

As Bruce comes over and says he will join the, Irisis smiles, greatful to have someone else joining them. In her mind, Irisis had basically just employed two bodyguards for while she studied and planned out strategies. "See, now if you get into trouble you have someone with the muscles to help get you out of it." Irisis laughed slightly, Bruce was easily the person she would want on her side if ever she got in a fight and this way they could both hold back the impulsive Railyn.

"Well, I think that the teacher should be getting here soon...He's actually a little late it seems but that might be good...Not everyone is here yet...What could be keeping the rest of them?" Irisis started glancing at the clock on the wall and then to the rest of the room in turn. "I am so glad that my mother brought me today, she brought the bag I packed last night with everything I thought I would need on the journey. I would have hated to take that bag to the ceremonies even though its not that big."
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently in: (RP) Kansai Main, (OOC) Kansai OOC

Has been in: NA

The voices in my head are having a party that I'm not invited to, it's annoying because they won't turn the music down!

12. - Top - End - #72

BlackDragon

Grumbles at Irisis second comment about the muscles but doesn't say any more on the subject. "Yah my folks have my stuff too and helped me pack. They even got me a few things that could be useful for the trip."

Railyn leans back in his seat as he waits for the ceremony to begin.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

With a questioning look, Bruce looks at Irisis.
    "Railyn has good muscles. He could fight his way out."
    The intended humor goes over Bruce's head. He knew Railyn to be pretty tough, and he was actually at one point supposed to scout him for the Dojo. However, Bruce's beliefs on letting people follow their own paths had led him to ignore most of those requests from his father.
    He had wanted to spar a few times with students in the past, but had learned early in his school career that most people outside of the dojo seemed to view challenges as threats or hostile actions, so he had decided it was better to let that pass. He would meet plenty of people to fight on the road.

He flicks the Pokeball on his desk, watching it roll back and forth. Hopefully they would come soon, Bruce was getting stir-crazy already, and he hadn't even been here for more than a few minutes.

As far as equipment went, he had travel supplies ready since before the start of the year. Bruce was going to leave at graduation time, regardless if he managed to pass or not. If he had to capture a wild pokemon without a starter with his own, so be it. He had already said his goodbyes the night before.

14. - Top - End - #74

Satisfied for the time being, Seika pulls out a book on cryptopokeology and reads until anything else happens.
    Avatar by Prime32. Seriously, his stuff is awesome.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Luke

Luke lets out a sigh, while flicking through the book when he hears about a crook stealing a pokemon. These are very good drawings, there are a few of them too, oh that's a good one.

Luke hands the book back to Zaph, "I promise that if I come across it, I'll do everything I can to save it for you, I can't stand crooks in the first place. It was nice to have a look at the wonderful pictures, they truly are great, thanks."

Smiling he turns and walks back to Brygit, "It's okay, I can handle myself if you want to go with a group... of course, it would be my honour to be accompany you on your journey; but I can understand if you would prefer to travel with someone else, I'd hate to impose"
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Jake S. thinks to himself about all of the invitations that Katelynn has extended to people and thinks to himself, Could I truly get along with this many people all at the same time? He decides to get the input of Katelynn and asks her, "Do you truly feel that these people will help us achieve our goals quickly and thoroughly?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

James, having lost his previous conversation with Brygit, looks back at the desk despondently. Finally losing his patience, he grabs the Pokeball, rolling it about in his hand. He takes a few cautious glances to see if anyone was watching who he didn't want watching. He analyzes the ball, determining what he can about the ball and it's make. When he feels finished, he turns towards the nearby desk where Brygit was sitting earlier. He sees her talking to a blue-haired boy, and the boy mentions 'groups'. James guesses that they're talking about joining up together after they graduated.

James suddenly wonders what he's going to do after he graduates. Collecting Pokemon was an interest for him, but having a group might aid the process. He decides to see if he can get in on the group Brygit is in. He sets the Pokeball back on his desk, trying to match it's original position as precisely as possible. He hesitantly walks towards Brygit, and stands nearby, trying to think of how to join in without seeming rude. He waits near Bridget, hoping he wasn't so close that he was being creepy, thinking about how to proceed with his joining proposal.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

"Well Luke I, I, I'd love it if we went together." Brygit sees James turns to him and says "James your very welcome to come with us if you want."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks," James says, a small smile spreading on his face as Brygit answered his unasked question, "I'd really like to join you, if my company doesn't prove bothersome."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaya jumps at the Pidgey's cry, feeling rather skittish today, before returning to peering at her own little case. "In this box... is my first Pokemon friend..." she recites to herself, perpexed. She'd done her best to read around Pokemon, observe from a distance. But now she'd have to confront them. What if it was hard with even this first pokemon? What if she didn't have what it took? ...No. Brother's waiting for me to become a trainer. i can't be scared forever

She watches the chatter among her lassmates with some interest, distracting herself from her own tension somewhat, but being such a quiet girl, Kaya lacks the daring to immediately strike up conversation, and instead fidgets and pleats her hair as she waits.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Katelynne looks over at Jake and nods happily. "Jake it will be nice to have some companions who can help us out where we might not be as strong! Don't worry, Seika and Logan are really nice! We all will make a great team!"
    Last edited by Niria; 2013-02-23 at 10:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

RedWizardGuy

"So, what kinds of Pokemon do you guys want to try and catch?" Logan asked considering for a moment what kinds of Pokemon he was going to try and look for.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

"Ehh I'm not so sure,Extra people can sometimes be such a.............hassle" Jake responds to Katelynn. He does not seem very happy about having to put up with other people. (Jake isn't great at building relationships due to his parents giving him no attention. Katelynn has known him since he was little so he is himself around her) However he knows that he'll do whatever Katelynn wants to do.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hearing how Zaphrina had her pokemon stolen Devlin gives her his sympathies. "I'm sorry to hear that. How long ago did that happen?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Turning to Devlin, Zaphrina slowly returns from her memory of that horrible night. "Uhhh... It was 8 years ago. I became really attached to that Shinx. I was going to ask my dad if I could name him too... *sigh* I hope that he's been ok and that they haven't hurt him."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Oh Jakey lighten up." She nudged him playfully. "It will be fun, I promise!"

Hearing Logan ask a question, she soon turned to face him. "I'm actually not too picky...I'm interested in breeding a variety of pokemon. Although I definitely would love a chance to catch a ponyta. I've always admired their beauty...and it would be extremely useful for warming any future eggs we may have." She stopped as she realized that she may be rambling on, and looked at her the other three future traveling partners. "What type of pokemon do you guys want to catch?"
    Last edited by Niria; 2013-02-24 at 12:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

"I just want you to know Katelynn that if my ambitions get sidetracked due to these extra group members, I won't hesitate to leave." Jake says this very seriously, so no one can tell if he is just trying to play it cool, or if this is an actual threat.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Katelynne looked fairly serious for a moment and then nodded her head. "If that is what you feel like you will need to do, then I wont stop you. But there is more to life than just a future of battling. You gotta learn how to let people in as well. Give them a chance." Katelynne, feeling a bit awkward and sad by this notion, looked briefly away. Attempting to divert the topic back to catching pokemon, she began to fidget. "So-so Logan. Seika...and Jake. What types of pokemon would you like to catch?" From some odd reason her eyes traveled to both Seika and Logan's faces, but never quite went back to Jakes.
    Last edited by Niria; 2013-02-24 at 12:22 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

"I Uhhhh, oh um Katelynn I-I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking, lashing out like that. As for Pokemon I would like to have, it is my dream to have a Shiftry and a Krookodile. As for the rest of my group, well I'll just have to see what I can find."

30. - Top - End - #90

RedWizardGuy

"Well in all honesty I don't have a favorite type of Pokemon or group, I like all of them the same. But there are a few of them that I would really like to catch and evolve like Teddiursa, Beldum, Ralts, Corphish and Magmar to name a few of them. There are many more I would like to catch and train but there are too many to list." Replied Logan before turning to Seika. "What about you Seika? Do you have a favorite type or an ideal group of Pokemon you want to work with?"