New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Total War Serillia (IC)

The Revolution was successful, and King Grakin now hides in his castle. The warriors from all over the country are returning home, but with no government established everyone is wondering who will rule.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War Serillia (IC)

Eastern Army

Espionage Defence: 9

Companions [72]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I’m General Martinez, commander of the Eastern Army. I have no issues with you conducting your business. However your enterprises would be the prime place for enemy infiltrators to obtain information about the city’s defences. As such, I would like to negotiate arrangements and receive assurances of discretion.

Church of Secrets [73]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I have no issue with your organization, but I would need assurances, that you will not pass information about the troop movements through the area to other parties and deliver a warning, should anybody try to move against the Rist Castle.

Last Legion [74]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I’m General Martinez, commander of the Eastern Army. I do not have any records of your Legion and as such would like to rectify the situation. Please provide information of your origins and allegiances.

Sparrows [75]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have heard of your group. I have nothing against you, as long as your activities don’t endanger national security and provide value to the defenders of the realm.

10th Legion [20] & Loyal Legions [42]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I’m General Martinez, commander of the Eastern Army. I would like to re-establish the lines of communications and receive reports of the situation in your areas. It’s crucial, that Eastern Army has clear picture of the situation at the border, so we can secure supplies and arrange for reinforcements in case of enemy attack.

Cult of Many [41]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I’m General Martinez, commander of the Eastern Army. I need to secure supply routes to keep the borders of the realm secure. I’m aware, that you yourself are importing large amounts of food and as such I hope we can cooperate in that its flow continues uninterrupted.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

The Glorious House of Morn

Defensive Espionage 6

Decusiel Isfran Morn sat upon his throne of oak and steel heavily. So much work had been done in the past two years to ensure his family would be able to play the role of an aggressor, yet now such much work was left. His eyes lingered on the maps at his feet, one showing the terrain, another the political landscape, a third filled with climate.

He could not win.

Decusiel waved his hand with minimal effort, a servant quickly shuffling from the shadows, her head hung low in deference. Decusial reached out with his armored hand, delicately placing the tips of his fingers under her chin, lifting it up until her eyes met his. Unlike his predecessor he wanted a servant to look him in the eyes when he spoke, so he could see if they understood his orders when he gave them. He appreciated that it would still take some time for his lesser to get accustomed to this. More than one person had met their end for looking the wrong way, two years not enough to replace decades of tradition. Not yet.

His voice was like winter, cold, soft, yet dangerous. It was like watching a wolf speak a sheep. “Bring me quill, ink, and parchment. Inform the seneschals that there will be a gathering here, held for all the important people in the region. Tell them that preparations are to be made three days in advanced, and the staff given extra rest the day before, for they will receive none whilst we have guests. Am I understood.”

“Yes my lord.”

He took an extra moment to read her face. She spoke the truth, and so he removed his hand. The servant moved away at a brisk pace. Decusiel paid her no more mind, his eyes focused on the banner hanging in front of him, a crimson eye across an ash field.

Letter sent to the following factions: Recyclers, Cult of the Iron Angel, Frost Rangers, Semoril Family, Distant Garkin Relative of the Pardik Mine, Techmen, Cult of Ash, Rish Corp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

You are requested to send a representative to attend a gathering hosted by the Glorious House of Morn, within their castle grounds at Highhome, Darkspire, two weeks hence from the writing of this letter, for a duration of two days. Ensure that your representative speaks with the authority of your faction, for they will be asked to speak in private with me concerning our future relations. I will not accept a representative who merely listens, and does not speak, for my wish is to reach a mutual understanding, and not to be left wanting.

All of the major factions in western half of the Dark Mountains, from the Grath Mounatins to Yoslov have been invited. We will also hold entertainment and festivities for all of the guests. Feel free to converse with the other attendees, and feel free to direct our servants as you see fit so long as you ask permission for the latter.

I thank you for your cooperation in this matter. We must ensure that the correct persons are working together, and leading the people.

Wisdom in Power,

Lord Decusiel Isfran Morn, of the Glorious House of Morn

OOC: Due to the rules on private messages taking a hero level, these meetings will only be private fluff-wise, not rules-wise. Also, the "two weeks" time is just fluff, I'm holding the event this turn.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2013-02-22 at 11:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The New Highwaymen
    Espionage Defense: 4

To Grippon Forest Loggers (13)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In the name of the Margrave of Lastion Coast;
    We have heard of the great quality of your wood. We are interested in an open trade alliance.

Morse Falcon, Mayor of Lastion Coast."

Istar Coast - Technocorp (17)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In the name of the Margrave of Lastion Coast;

The King is gone. I don't know what your current allegiance is, but we believe we should work together and unite this part of the kingdom for what is to come. What would you think about a meeting?

Morse Falcon, Mayor of Lastion Coast."

Naft Gang - Wharway (67)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Friends; the King is gone, and we have some time before another one take its place.

We are interested in preparing an agreement between the main powers over here; and coin may be in it for you.

Are you willing to participate? We'll need plenty of muscle if this works."

Naft Importers - Freeport (65)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In the name of the Margrave of Lastion Coast:

We are interested in expanding our importance in Sea Trade, and decided to look for your patronage. Is there anything we could do to seal a commercial pact between us?

On other matters, we are sending messages to the other important groups of your town, to try to reorganize the government of our provinces.
    Would you be willing to send representatives?

We should try to bring some order to this part of the Kingdom, shouldn't we?
    I know that some of our methods are... Extreme. But no one ever said they were innefective.

Morse Falcon, Governor of Lastion Coast"

To Serillian Navy - Ghostport (66)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In the name of the Margrave of Lastion Coast:
    To whom it may concern:

We see with sadness the decline of our great country, and suffer from seeing the Fleet inactive. We yearn for the days when you went proudly over the seas, taking our flags far away.

We seek an alliance with you, to restore the Pride and Power of the Kingdom's Navy.

Would you be interested into sending representatives to a meeting to reorganize our province's government in the King's absence?

I realize that some bad press may have come to you about the Margrave and I. We are simple people, and the things they say about us are overrated.

We do, however, keep a strong hand on injustice and punish wrongdoers severely.

Morse Falcon, governor of Lastion Coast."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2013-02-22 at 10:48 PM.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

5. - Top - End - #5

THE CRIMSON

Defensive Espionage: 2

To House Vlarten [28]
    Spoiler
    Show

Great and noble house of Vlarten, are you prepared for the return of the old religion? Do you respect the word of the Prophet Reborn?

To the Old Faith [26]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Prophet spoke long ago, saying: "That man which speaks the word of God speaks with the voice of heaven; and that man is as my brother before the world."

Hail, brother. Do you respect the word of the Prophet Reborn?

To the Free State of Tarce [30]
    Spoiler
    Show

The ideals of Tarce has always been looked on with favor by the children of Garham's Heart. Has your new Party kept those ideals? Do you respect the word of the Prophet Reborn?

To the Shienen Cavalry [27]
    Spoiler
    Show

Children of the horse, the children of Garham greet thee. Do you respect the word of the Prophet Reborn?

To the Frost Rangers [10]
    Spoiler
    Show

Soldiers of fortune and children of war, you have fought and died for gold and greed; but in the pure flame of battle, did you not recognize a deeper truth? Do you respect the word of the Prophet Reborn?

To the Semoril Family [11]
    Spoiler
    Show

Children of the soldier lord, have you heard the voice of God echoing in the depths of the Yoslov mines? Do you respect the word of the Prophet Reborn?

To the Guild [47]
    Spoiler
    Show

Children of blackest smoke and strongest arm, do you hear the voice of God in the pounding irons of the factory floor? Do you see his face in the molten steel? Do you respect the word of the Prophet Reborn?

To the Lowside Smugglers [48]
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings to those who know the river well, from the mouth of Karga. Do you know from where your river flows? Do you respect the word of the Prophet Reborn?

To the Cliffolk Pale [33]
    Spoiler
    Show

Children of shadow and water, do you know from whence your river came? Do you hear the voice of God, deep in your caves? Do you respect the word of the Prophet Reborn?
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

6. - Top - End - #6

The Recyclers

Footsteps echoed through the otherwise silent halls of the castle laboratory. A man clad in iron approached the workstation, scroll in hand. "Brother," he announced. "I have returned."

The young man at the table did not look up from his work. "Welcome back, Victus," he responded, adjusting his goggles. "What news from the Capital?"

"The civil war has ended, Simon."

"Pity," Simon remarked. "We'll need a new source of materials. Perhaps we can work out a deal with the new king. Has he been crowned already, or are they waiting for the blood to dry?"

"There is no new king."

Simon paused, lifting his work goggles from his eyes. "We have no leader?" he asked, spinning to face his brother. "The kingdom is divided?"

"It would seem," Victus replied solemnly. "News has spread swiftly. The other powers are beginning to stir." He extended the scroll to Simon, who snatched it eagerly from his hand.

A grin spread across the face of the younger Braun brother. After all this time laying foundations, the winds of change had finally arrived. "Come closer, Victus," he beckoned, "And get comfortable. We have so many things to discuss, you and I."

To The Glorious Noble House of Morn [54]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Esteemed Lord Decusiel Isfran Morn,

I am honored to accept your invitation to this gathering of powers. I'm sure you are well aware that the coming weeks and months will undoubtedly shape the very future of Darkspire, and you are wise to seek a greater understanding among those who would see that future made reality. I will send a trusted representative of the Recyclers to discuss the details of our cooperation going forward, and I thank you in advance for your hospitality at this event.

May you waste nothing,

Simon Braun

To The Cult of the Iron Angel [55]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Esteemed Speakers of the Guilds of Darkspire,

Greetings! My name is Simon Braun, and I represent a group in the Grath Mountains known as the Recyclers. You may have heard tales of dead men walking the land, enriching the living through their tireless work. I assure you that these are no petty rumors. We are but a relatively young power in the region, but we have heard talk of your legendary Ishim. It strikes me as a remarkable happenstance that we, the two most dedicated believers in the revolutionary capability of automatons, should find ourselves so near to one another.

I am sure that the Guilds have received word of the upcoming gathering of powers to be hosted by House Morn in Highhome. I look forward to discussing future cooperation between our organizations. And, if ever you desire to consult with myself or my brother to personally discuss the role of automatons in the unfolding future of Darkspire... we are always interested in welcoming a fellow enlightened mind.

May you waste nothing,

Simon Braun

To The Frost Rangers [10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mighty rangers,

I am sure you have heard news of the gathering to be hosted by the Glorious House Morn in their castle grounds of Highhome. I would simply like to notify you that the Recyclers of Grath Mountains will be sending a representative, and that we are particularly interested in what you have to say regarding recent events and prospects going forward. Your warriors are the stuff of legend, and many other powerful organizations neighbor us both. I look forward to seeing what our joint cooperation could bring about for the future of Serillia.

May you waste nothing,

Simon Braun

To The Yodelers [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I represent the acting forces of the Recyclers of the Grath Mountains, just north and east of the Brashland Peaks. My people do not regularly pass through your territory, though our recent mining operations have brought us near your location. I have heard stories that dangerous, massive beasts roam the Peaks, and my lieutenant of defense is wondering if he will need to equip our miners with additional armor to defend against wild beast attacks. Are these reports true, and if you do have such creatures within your lands, how do you deal with them? Are they truly vicious, or can they be tamed?

I await your response,

Simon Braun

To The Steelforge Brotherhood [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I represent the dominant power of the Grath Mountains, the Recyclers. We are a relatively young organization, not unlike your (most impressive) Brotherhood. Stories of your technologies have reached our lands, with high praise all around. As a great student of the sciences myself, I would like to know whether you might be interested in a cooperation agreement of sorts. It would be a shame for all our technological genius to be wasted competing with one another.

May you waste nothing,

Simon Braun

7. - Top - End - #7

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Magi
    D-Esp: 0

"This newest device...a sound amplifier?"

"Indeed. This will let the user's voice carry across all of Serillia."

"Right...earplugs it is."

To: Praton Merchants Guild [64]
    Good evening. I would like to discuss a potential matter of mutual benefit with you, namely an opportunity to invest in our research.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Silver Legion
    Defensive espionage 4

The axehead came down, ripping the skull free from the spine. The crowd cheered, as the executioner picked up the head, displaying it to the people. The Mage Piron was dead, the land free of his blight.

Marshal Augus watched from the top of the towns keep. He was not much of a peoples man, but it was nice to see the peoples jubilation. Two years in control of this land, and there could be no doubt now the populace stood with him in the fight against magic.

Which would be good, because it was time to take that fight out across this cursed country.

To Patrice (31 - Western Coast)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I am Marshal Augus of the Silver Legion. We command the territory known as the Eastern Coast.

I understand you are responsible for the unusual sea creatures some of my people have been spotting near the borders of our territory. I request permission to view these creatures in a controlled environment and assess their danger to my people.

To the Serillia Engineering Core (39 - Yaddis Ford)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I am Marshal Augus of the Silver Legion. We command the territory known as the Eastern Coast.

I hear that you are skilled engineers. If I may I would like to request permission to view your work. I have built up my own territory as far as I think I can, so I believe it is now time to see if I can strengthen relations with my neighbours. Are you working on any projects at the moment that might benefit from additional funding?

To the Jiran Militia (34 - Jiran Fields)
    Spoiler
    Show

I understand you control the Jiran Fields. My sources tell me there are a few groups of people in your territory that do not appreciate the protection you are affording them. I request permission to speak with them and assess the situation. It would not be good to have a large conflict spring up in one of my neighbours territories.

To the Truggers (37 - Hasten Swamp)
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like to propose an opening of trade between our two lands, for the benefit of both our peoples. It is my hope this could be the beginning of a friendship between our peoples.

To the Magi
    Spoiler
    Show

I understand you are engaged in the teaching and research of magic. I request permission to view your work. To assess how and what you teach your people, and what sort of magic you are researching.

To the Praton Merchants Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

I understand you serve as the economic hub of Praton. We would like to propose a reduction on the levies on trade between our peoples, so that we, yourself and the people of Praton might benefit.
    Last edited by razovor; 2013-02-23 at 11:21 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Varrim Guard D-ESP 2

To the Consortium of Kreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the fall of the monarchy, there are opportunties for Kreen in the Chaos. Would you accept a private meeting to discuss our aims?

To the DRF
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have a proposal for the DRF. While our aims may seem divergent, I believe we may be able to reconcile them. I would ask to meet your leaders in private, so that I can tell them of my plans.

To the Kreen Guard [59]
    Spoiler
    Show
    With no direction from the Monarchy, we must be watchful, and co-operate closely to maintain order. There are those who would use this crisis to cause Chaos.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Guilds of Darkspire
    Defensive Espionage [2]

"It is done." The crowd stands silent. Speaker Elo looks down at the remains of what was once his foe. He had challenged Partheon, Speaker for the Mighty and he had won. Elo stands in the stunned silence for a moment more before succumbing to the wound he received from the bite of Partheon's sword. Members of the Guild of Enlightenment rush to the field and carry Elo to medics waiting at the side of the street while the Guild of the Mighty stand stunned, still not believing that their leader had been slain. It is clear to all that stand in the street that a new era for the guilds is dawning. None know what it shall bring but all look toward the future with hope and fear filling their hearts.

A few days later Elo emerges. He face is pale and his right arm has been removed at the shoulder but he will clearly live. At his side walks Halazar Blackmask, Speaker for the Pure. Another crowd has gathered to see Elo. Some doubted that he would emerge at all. Halazar raises his arms and the crowd falls silent. "The Guild of the Pure yields the seat of Speaker of the Guilds to Elo, Speaker for the Enlightened." He announces. For a moment the crowd is shocked, then the silence is shattered by murmurs. How? The question resounds through the crowd. Somehow, crippled as he is, Elo convinced the Guild of the Pure to release their century long grip on the Seriph. Today is the first day of the future that Elo will usher in for the Guilds.

To the Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Guild of Enlightenment to The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is with my deepest condolences that I must say that Speaker Elo will not be attending this gathering as he is currently recovering from recently received wounds. However a representative from the Guild shall attend in his place. Be assured that this replacement will act with all of the power and authority Speaker Elo has provided.

The Guild of Might to The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    You shall receive no attendance from the Guild of the Mighty. The Speaker Elo has thrown our Guild into disarray. The death of Partheon has left the Guild scrambling for leader ship. We can spare no time for outside politics at the moment.

The Guild of Prosperity to The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Speaker for the Prosperous would be pleased to entertain your gathering. Please expect The Speaker Misha to bring along several Ishim fitted to serve The Lady Misha's every whim.

The Guild of the Many to The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Guild of the Many will send a delegation only if one favor will be granted. The delegation wishes to be seated as far from Speaker Misha as possible. If this can be assured then you can expect the Guild to be in attendance.

The Guild of the Pure to The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    We make few public appearances. This shall not be one of them.

To the Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Guild of Enlightenment to The Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tales of dead men have long been of interest to the Guild of Enlightenment. We would very much like to examine these automatons of yours to see what we might use to improve the Ishim. We will gladly share ideas and new magics that we discover.

The Guild of Might to The Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    What use are automatons made of flesh and bone. They break too easily. We do not wish any ill will between us but we have no use for these recycled humans.

The Guild of Prosperity to The Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    We simply cannot condone the use of dead men to serve in our courts. It is indecent.

The Guild of Many to The Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would love to discuss with you the possibility of cheap labor for the masses. The Ishim are tireless workers and are able to accomplish many simple tasks that would be impossible for humans, however the cost of creating them is immense. As such there are not enough to accomplish all of our goals. The cheap labor that your automatons provide is amazing. We are resolved to keep faith in the Seriph's children and the God that created all but we would love to discuss what projects we might be able to accomplish together.

The Guild of the Pure to The Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    While you do not recognize the Seriph as a sign from the God of All you do him penance with the creation of autonomous workers. We are pleased to see you taking your first steps on the path to redemption.

The Guild of the Pure to The Cult of Ash [52]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We offer you the chance to repent for your sins. You may stand before the Seriph and swear fealty to the God that created such magnificence. Only in this way can you truly be saved.
    Last edited by UntrainedMonkey; 2013-02-23 at 11:23 AM.
    Total War Faction(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Credit goes to Nyrt

11. - Top - End - #11

Shienen Cavalry [2]

The Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show
    Respect, yes. We have respect for any figure who can garner such support. Believe, that is less likely.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

12. - Top - End - #12

Kobold

The Frost Rangers
    Defensive Espionage:3

There was no mobile base up in the mountains, instead the rangers had set up a temporary camp in an old fort. The messengers were going left and right from afar to bring messages.

"Boss you got some messages"

"Leave them on my desk i will get to seeing and answering them soon"

It was the calm before the storm Legionas would have to get some people on standby to send his messages safely, only the most trusted ones would be selected and there would be brutal punishment to any traitors, in order to make an example.

To The Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings Recyclers

Indeed we as well received an invitation, a representative from us will be send out to discuss with the rest of the factions. We as well look forward to the negotiations.

May the mountains watch over you.

-Legionas

To The CRIMSON
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings to the Crimson

We don't know his words, as such we cannot accept that which we don't know. In the recent past we had some soldiers who spoke of him, but none of them shared their own beliefs.
    Would you care to enlighten us?

-Ilias

To The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings

We look forward to sending our representative and negotiating with the rest of the factions.

May the mountains watch over you.

-Legionas
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-02-23 at 01:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Companions to the Eastern Army
    Spoiler
    Show

My dear, We keep every interaction as discrete as possible. It would be hard to get powerful men such as yourself to attend if we told what happened inside our doors. Now then sweety, what kind of arrangements are you desiring to make?

Church of Secrets to Eastern Army
    Spoiler
    Show

It is our goal to know all the worlds secrets, and a secret is lost once it is shared.

Last Legion to Eastern Army
    Spoiler
    Show

We come from all the Legions, and have our own allegiances. We'll continue to protect Rist as long as the public continues payin us.

The 10th Legion to Eastern Army
    Spoiler
    Show

General Martinez, I couldn't agree more. We will be trying to open some communication with Tallup to see how active their military is. For all we know this entire front could be some made up propaganda from the King. General Posha

The Loyal Legion to the Eastern Army
    Spoiler
    Show

We may have a larger problem, we believe the 10th legion is working for Tallup. We have no proof, but if it is true there existence is putting the entire country at risk. ~ General Marren

The Cult of Many to Eastern Army
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, the food supplies must stay open. We are working on ways to become self sufficient.

Harkon Relitive to House Morn
    Spoiler
    Show

Your messengers body is found the next day severely mutilated with a blood covered message in his pocket. You and your rebellious brethren will all be destroyed for your uprising, enjoy your freedom while it lasts.

Techmen to House Morn
    Spoiler
    Show

A representative from the Techmen arrives, and as always wishes to discuss ways to expand the smelter using some experimental technology that may have a small chance to destroy Darkspire

Rish Corp to House Morn
    Spoiler
    Show

The representative from Rish Corp barely talks to you, instead wishing to talk to other attendees about purchasing supplies

Cult of Ash to House Morn
    Spoiler
    Show

No one from the Cult of Ash comes, but your guards notice an abundance of servants around the grounds, more than you should have working.

Loggers to the New Highwaymen
    Spoiler
    Show

Sunny, we supply over 70% of the countries building supplies. What would we gain from an alliance with you?

Technocorp to the New Highwaymen
    Spoiler
    Show

The kingdom will be through one method or another. We do have plenty of weapons for sale if you are looking to purchase.

Naft Gang to the New Highwaymen
    Spoiler
    Show

That sounds like a great plan my friend!

Naft Importers to the New Highwaymen
    Spoiler
    Show

We don't care about government, our job is to make coin despite the Naft Gangs efforts. We do not see how a trade agreement will help us make more money. The best way to restore order would be to remove the gang that infests the Wharway

The Serillian Navy to the New Highwaymen
    Spoiler
    Show

The Kingdoms Navy is as strong and powerful as ever. We have not lost a single soldier in over 20 years, see if any of the legions can say that. We will look past this insult, because we are willing to help restore order.

House Vlarten to The Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, we have always been ready for the return of the old religion and all the greatness it can bring. It has been a long time, can you remind me who the Prophet Reborn is?

The Old Faith to The Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you respect the ancient teachings and rituals of Harvest Sacrifice and The Burning? Our teachings say nothing about the Prophet Reborn.

The Guild to The Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show

The Guild knows when a con man is trying to get some free coin. What kind of respect are you looking for?

The Lowside Smugglers to The Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show

Yea, we know where this river flows from and to, as well as all landing sites in between. We respect money and strength, does the Prophet Reborn have those?

The Yodelers to The Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, they be true. Many can be put down with some extra armor and weapons, but some like the Great Snake cannot be harmed by any known means. We have dealt with them through vigilance and good hiding places.

Patrice to the Silver Legion
    Spoiler
    Show

I assure you they are no danger to anyone on shore or in shallow water. I am going to have to refuse to meet with you in person, given your mission to kill all of my kind.

Serillia Engineering Core to the Sliver Legion
    Spoiler
    Show

We will be more than happy to show you our work. Most of our current work is building defenses from the Sprites in Kalik Swamp. We believe they are getting ready for an invasion.

Jiran Militia to the Sliver Legion
    Spoiler
    Show

We are able to handle our own people. There is no unrest in our territory.

Truggers to the Silver Legion
    Spoiler
    Show

Yea, wes can trade wit your folk. Wer lookin for weapons ta help fight off all da creatures thad be comin back ta da swamp since da levies broke.

Kreen Guard to the Varrim Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, and this city is full of those kind of people. We are already looking into areas to run to if we should get attacked.

Cult of Ash to the Guilds of Darkspire
    Spoiler
    Show

The only repentance anyone has is through cleansing fire to become the greatness that is ash. We should all be so grateful as for repentance!

OOC: I'll change your name to The Guilds of Darkspire.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Varrim Guard

To the Kreen Guard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Laddens gates will be open to you, should you need it. With you permission, I would also send patrols to assist you in keeping the Kol Gate region under control.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-02-23 at 02:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Praton Merchants Guild
    Defensive Espionage 2

Ziani Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greeting’s from Praton! On behalf of the merchants of our fair city, we are extending a hand of friendship to the economic powers of Serillia. War is on the horizon and many look to our wealth with greedy eyes. We should stick together in these troubling times.

Free State of Tarce
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greeting’s from Praton! On behalf of the merchants of our fair city, we are extending a hand of friendship to the economic powers of Serillia. War is on the horizon and many look to our wealth with greedy eyes. We should stick together in these troubling times.

The Silver Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting, perhaps you can send a representative and we can discuss these matters in a more appropriate manner.

The Consortium of Kreen
    Spoiler
    Show

The Steelforge Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show

The Megi
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be an honor to support the work of such famous mages, what exactly you have in mind?
    56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Eastern Army

Espionage Defense 9

Companions
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can understand the need for soldiers to relieve pressure now and then, and as such your services are valuable. However, I can’t permit failure of discipline due to unrestrained passions and as such, if for example an officer, who loses himself in the moment and fails to show for duty, will be retrieved by a patrol of my soldiers. I’d like to make arrangements that such incidents be handled quickly and quietly with little fuss.

I would also like to offer the protection of the Castle Rist walls in case of the enemy attack. You certainly wouldn’t wish to be in the city, if an enemy army occupies it. You know how undisciplined soldiers can be. I hope you will make certain that the Merchant Quarters supplies the Rist Castle properly with food and necessities, as a precaution for such occasion.

Church of Secrets
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can get behind your philosophy. Inform us, if any force attempts to sneak into the castle and we won’t have trouble between us.

Last Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you admitting to the crime of desertion or were you either discharged from duty or left on your own with destruction of your Legions? In either case, are you saying that your allegiances are for hire? That can hardly be permitted in such strategic location.

10th Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. What can you tell me of the Legions in Eastern Gate, and forces in the Fort Weran and Vess?

I would also like to have a list of deserters from service, if you have any.

Loyal Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now what basis you have for your suspicions? While you lack proof, something must have set them off? I would also like to have the list of your original designations and a list of deserters from the ranks.

Fort Weran [44]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I’m General Martinez, commander of the Eastern army. I’m in the process of organizing the border defences against Tullup. My army will be ready to reinforce you in case of the enemy attack. Can you provide me with intelligence about the situation in the Tullup as well as information on the 10th Legion, Loyal Legion and Mad Doc Eston are?

Mad Doc Eston
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am General Martinez of the Eastern Army. I would like to receive the report of you situation and any enemy movements. Would you know anything of the Legions currently occupying the Eastern Gate?

The Library of the Rift Castle has a number of books that may assist your research – I would dearly like it to succeed with a smaller ratio of mental instability, it currently produces.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Semoril (DESP 2)

House of Mourn
    Spoiler
    Show

We shall come.

Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show

Respect is earned.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Agnes Ziani sits in front of her senior advisors. She is perfectly still, she often is. At times moving is difficult. The two servants by her side will have to aid her when she rises again. She says: "There are letters that must be sent, each of you have seen some of them and I have worked your proposed alterations into the new versions that my clerk has written for me. I wish to express my gratitu-", something iswrong in her mechanical throat. One of the attendants touches it, and adjusts some of the precise clockwork.

She could speak again: "I asked you here to plan our next move.", all of the advisors received different versions of her letters, often with wildly different aims, that was at least some insurance against their treachery.

To Commander Kraak(Fort Nertin):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lady Ziani invites your most august lordship to dine with her. She wishes to discuss the state of the city and the surrounding lands if it is convenient to your lordship. She realizes that the Serillian Empire is no more and that her interests lie with Nertin.

To The Sightseers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lady Ziani wishes to discuss business with representatives of your organizations. In these dangerous times there are many threats to free enterprise and she fears that further unrest may damage our mutual interests. For this reason she wishes to invite your representatives to an audience in the Palazzo Ziani.

To the sixth legion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lady Ziani is worried about the encroaching invaders from Nertin and wishes to assure you that she is willing to aid in driving out the invaders. If it would be possible she wishes to speak to a representative in person, to coordinate strategies.

To Praton Merchant’s Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lady Ziani wishes to inform you that she gladly received your missive. She beliefs that your interests and her own are in alignment and that unity is the best course of action for all mercantile groups.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Silver Legion:

To the Praton Merchants Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do not think there is anything that needs to be discussed in private, unless you are proposing something stronger than a trade agreement.

To Patrice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so we'll be safe on shore or in shallow water. What of vessels further out to sea? Fishers and trading convoys?

To the Serillia Engineering Corp:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Invasion? How sure are you? I haven't settled on any plans for my soldiers this season. I could lend a few for your defense.

To the Truggers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah yes, the levies. We shall have to see about rebuilding those. Meanwhile, I'll send you a few chests of gold to help you fight off the creatures.

20. - Top - End - #20

NinjaGuy

The New Highwaymen (D-Esp 4)
    To Loggers
    Spoiler
    Show
    You would gain a happy customer. I'm making a pact with the Serillian Navy, and I'm planning to build new ships, as well as repairing the old ones.

To Technocorp
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds amazing. We would be happy to give you special commercial rights to trade the weapons through our province.

Do you make research in Technomagic?

To Naft Importers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let me see what can be done about that.

To Naft Gang
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you mind if we send some representatives to speak with you? We have some business to discuss I think.

To Serillian Navy
    Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize for saying that in such a way it could be taken as an insult.
    We have the utmost respect for our Country's Institutions.

We are concerned Statemen; and believe we could work together to restore this country.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

21. - Top - End - #21

Kobold

The Frost Rangers

To the Magi
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings to the magi

We hope this message finds you well, we have heard about your aptitudes and great research in magic and we come come to offer you a deal of [resources 1] in exchange for some training in our personnel, are you interested in such an exchange?

-Legionas

To Patrice
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings Esteemed technomage

We have heard of your research and development of various sea creatures, Would you be interested in the future for a deal regarding the modification of land animals as well?

-Legionas

The Techmen
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings esteemed Techmen

The frost rangers wish you well and come to offer you a deal, if you are interested we can exploit the lumber from the mountains in our territory in return for wealth are you interested?

-Legionas
    ((I would assume i give 1 res they give 1 wel?))

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Glorious House of Morn

DESP: 6

Main Gathering Within Highhome - All Attendees
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guests can see that the House of Morn is one with Spartan tastes. Their homes, their castle, their courtyard built for practical, not aesthetic purposes. However, for this event they have brought their heraldry to bare, a crimson eye on an ash field. It’s as if there are hundreds of bloody eyes watching them.

The servants are in plain colors, shuffling about their duty without enthusiasm, or joy. They have been bred to serve, and serve they do. The Morn family itself is different, eccentric and displaying… interesting personalities.

Eran Morn was immensely beautiful. He dark, rich blonde hair fell across her shoulder in thick curls. She was exquisite to behold, but she brandished a sharp kitchen knife at her side, and seemed to dance more than walk as she moved about. Her twin brother Zarran was more reserved, and he had her beauty too albeit in a slightly more masculine way. His eyes though gazed hungrily at any of the female guests that came.

Rydell Morn was probably once full of muscle, but his gut was starting to fill out, his strength now more form size than training. His three wretched teenage children seemed to be on a short leash, not being let to roam on their own, and none seem pleased by it.

Krom Morn stood dumbly under a dead tree. Estwick Morn sat off to his sides rubbing his greasy palms together muttering as he swayed forward and back. At least Ocilla Morn seemed pleasant enough, greeting guests with dignity and charm.

Eventually Lord Decusiel Isfran Morn appeared, wearing a great heavy cloak made of wolfskin. He was flanked on one side by young Vescian, the Lord’s champion. It was said the heartless youth had killed twenty men with his sword, half from the civil war. On the other was Dasdant Morn, a man from the capital who had let go of his own last name to take upon Morn as was the northern family’s custom. He was middle aged, with a square jaw, a large smile on his face. Decusiel’s voice sounded similar to a whisper, but it carried across the courtyard. “Welcome honored guests. I am glad that most of you saw the need to come. Those who chose not to come have been… noted.” Even when he said ‘welcome’ it felt just as predatory as his words describing those absent. It was likely he could speak no other way. “I wish I could mingle with all of you, but I have promised an individual meeting with each of you, and I will not break my promises. Dasdant will be the Master of Ceremonies for this event. Young Vescian will protect my chambers ensuring you the same safety I am given whilst we speak. Enjoy your time here. The future is promising.” He lifted his iron goblet up and took a sip. He waited another moment. "Also, should there be any members of the Cult of Ash present, I expect a letter explaining what your faith believes in. Unless you have something to hide, I would assume you would be most eager to share your ideology." He nodded to Dasdant, and turned around, to head back, Vescian at his heels.

Whereas Decusiel was cold and predatory, Dasdant was welcoming and joyful, clearly Decusiel at least knew to pick someone other than himself to host. “Welcome all! When I was first introduced to my dear wife Eskany it was summertime hear in Darkspire. I asked her if I had fallen asleep and woken up half a year later in winter, and she told me I was a soft and weak fool. Still married me though!” He gave a hearty chuckle. “Anything you want, name it, and I’ll do my best to provide. Want a certain spirit to get you in a good mood, if it’s in the city it’s yours. Want private chambers to talk amongst yourselves in private, I’ll give you your choices, you can inspect them to your heart’s intent if you don’t trust me, no offense taken. Want me to hand you over Highhome and everything we own… well you’d have to ask Lord Decusiel for that, and I’d suggest not to.” He gave another large laugh. “Forgive me, I’m talking far too much, continue with the revelry!”

As he ended a group of children dressed in white costumes appeared. They performed for the guests doing acrobatics, climbing atop one another to form pyramids and other shapes, flipping in the air, and contorting their bodies into unusual stances.

Word travelled fast amongst the guest. The Cult of Ash had sent no representatives, though Decusiel's words seemed to think there were members present. The messenger that they sent to the Pardik mine was killed... brutally. The message they sent back was hostile, though the details aren't well known.

Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decusiel stood by his throne of steel and oak, his hand holding the back of it, as if touching it gave him power. He was a younger man in his late twenties, handsome, yet he looked as a predatory, no softness left in the man. His voice of cold, yet strong.

“I trust the accommodations have been sufficient?” He did not wait for an answer. “Serillia is waiting for the north to fall upon itself, its mighty armies breaking themselves against each other. This gathering’s purpose is to ensure that does not happen.”

He took a step away from his throne, his heavy cloak swaying slightly revealing the longsword at his side only briefly. “They say your dead are abominations. Some believe the souls of your slaves still lay trapped within rotting corpses. Others make talk of how demons possess the bodies. Fools all. You have tapped into a strong resource, and I can respect the strength and courage it took to do it. You show intelligence and vision other factions lack.”

His made eye contact, grey, dead eyes much like the Recycled. “However, I wonder whether your interests lie to the north of you at the Pardik Mines, or the Brashland Peaks? Know that you will have our political support for either, and perhaps even our direct assistance once we have secured our own holdings.”

Cult of the Iron Angel
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Decusiel adhered to the request to keep the two guilds separate. He is however, only talking to the main representative.

Decusiel sat in his throne which rest a few steps up. He looked down, a hint of curiosity on his face. “Troubled times, is it not. The entire region is filled with factions ready for military conquest, and only we two have the strength to spare Darkspire a siege.” His voice cold, yet held immense strength. “I will not waste your time, I believe your faction desires the Pardik Mine, and that is acceptable to me. Although my House must prepare its own defenses less we be caught off guard, you can depend on our support when we are ready. Is this acceptable to you?”

Frost Rangers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Frost Rangers
    Decusiel stood in front of his throne of oak and steel, his longsword forged with black steel seeming to chill the room with its mere presence at Decusiel rest his hand upon its hilt, as he displayed it in front of himself, the tip of the sword touching the ground. “I am glad you came. I was impressed when your forces took the Jarrdik for your own. My predecessor was most upset, and it made his downfall much easier.” Decusiel let a small smile come to his lips, but only for a moment.

“I know that you have been approached by the insane fanatics who call themselves Crimson. They think themselves harbingers of the truth, but they are little more than blood cultists, my ancestors having driven them into hiding a long time ago. However, they serve a purpose. I believe they are the key to the ambitions of the north. Fanatical, unloved, wicked, they are the perfect faction to fall and open up the rest of the kingdom to prevent infighting.”

He picked up his sword, and sheathed it, stepping down three stairs until he was on the same level. “As you can guess, my own concerns rest with the city, and at a time relatively soon I will be asking to hire you as mercenaries if you still are in the trade, but not right away. I believe the Semoril Family however may be the perfect allies for you against the Crimson. It would strengthen your bonds to them, and make them feel safer about their western border, no?” He waited for a response.

Semoril Family
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decusiel sat on his throne, looking down from it. His eyes were grey and dead, but his face was handsome and strong. His voice carried and echoed across the chamber. “Greetings. To be honest I felt at first to extend invitations only as far as the Jarrdik as we share no border, but upon closer inspection I saw the your family’s fate and mine are directly linked.

“You have been contacted by the Crimson, a bloodthirsty and vile cult that has surfaced after generations of hiding like the vermin they are. We’ve heard they’ve demanded worship from all neighboring provinces including yours. You can use their fanaticism to your advantage. You have the Frost Rangers to your west, a group of mercenaries who will try to expand. We can hope they turn south on their own accord, but that is no guarantee. True, they could turn west towards me, but Highhome is behind the city walls, and we have the Cult of the Iron Angel as well. No, I think south or east are their best options. I urge you to make it south, ally with them, clear the way to the central territories of Serillia to both your factions, and you will be able to expand as you wish.

“Is this acceptable by you?”

Techmen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decusiel looked down on the representative of the Techmen. “Although this gathering to ensure lasting peace in the north, I also wished to see how the other factions in Darkspire were fairing. How have operations at the Smelter been? I assume there have been no problems? What of this new magitech you speak of?”

Rish Corp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decusiel sat on his throne, gazing down upon the representative. “Although my meeting with the city’s outside the city have been to ensure that their interest lie outside the city, my discussions within the city have been more concerned with how the city has been running. How is the Warehouse fairing? Do you require any assistance from the Glorious House of Morn? You seem to have more interest in the other guest.”

Pardik Mine
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another disposable messenger was sent, one who had displeased the family. The response read:

Last I check we fought on the same side, the losing side. However, I find your response agreeable, your approval of my House not necessary. I am content to let you rot where you are, but look for others who aren't so giving as I. Speaking of giving, feel free to do what you wish to this messenger as well. I will get a good laugh from it.

-Lord Decusiel Isfran Morn
    Last edited by daelrog; 2013-02-24 at 11:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

The Recyclers
    DESP: 2 (speaking in House Morn, DESP 6)

Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Recyclers' representative, who introduced himself as Edwin Wernher, wore a black cloak that seemed simple at first glance, but concealed a number of embedded white opals in such a way that the majority were hidden by its folds at any given time. His shaven head shone in the light of Lord Decusiel's chambers. He smiled as he spoke, giving every subconscious signal of friendliness, but his calculating green eyes held none of the emotion of his words.

"I appreciate your kind words," he uttered when Decusiel paused for long enough for him to speak. "So many of our neighbors shun us for our advancements, but they cannot discern the complexities of science from witchcraft. It is most relieving to connect with such an enlightened leader."

He cleared his throat. "My master, Simon Braun, wishes to keep no secrets from you. We have an eye on the Pardik Mines, as you can understand how its resources would benefit our organization. Now that the Harkons are considerably less powerful we have considered attempting to seize control; however I am sure you have heard the same rumors that we have - hostile actions from a man with little to lose. We have decided to pursue the Mines later, once we have established a greater presence in the mountains: namely, the Brashland Peaks. We appreciate your support, but we will not require assistance in that pursuit. However, if we are both successful in the coming weeks, perhaps a joint effort to...liberate the Pardik Mines would be of interest to you and your House? Removing the last Harkon from power would surely benefit all of Darkspire."

The Guilds of Darkspire
    Spoiler
    Show
    The representative from the Recyclers, a bald man in a black cloak, was named Edwin Wernher, if the gossip among the guests was to be believed. He mingled with the other guests, glancing around for recognizable faces.

OOC: I don't know which Guilds sent representatives to the meeting, but the Recyclers' representative is interested in speaking with any of them who make themselves known.

The Frost Rangers
    Spoiler
    Show
    The representative from the Recyclers is a bald man in a black cloak who introduces himself as Edwin Wernher. He greets the Frost Rangers' representative in the common area of the gathering, making small talk, but indicates that he would like to speak in private once the Rangers' business with Lord Decusiel is concluded.

The Techmen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edwin Wernher, the representative of the Recyclers, approaches the Techmen's ambassador. "Excuse me," he says, "I've heard some very impressive things about your operations at the Smelter. Speaking for the Recyclers, is there any way in which we can serve to help? We are one of the major customers of the Smelter, with our many mines in the Grath Mountains, and we have excellent supplies of labor and protection to support this critical machinery.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Glorious House of Morn

The Recylers
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, it would seem the wayward Harkon thinks he can conquer us all. If he had such a force the war would not be over, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt that he has some strength left... for the moment. There is one other faction I believe that has a strong interest in the Pardik Mine, the Guilds of Darkspire, the Cult of the Iron Angel. I have no personal grudge against them, but I would prefer you over them. That is another matter for another day, and things can change." He took Edwin Wernher's measure one more time. "I offer you luck with the Brashlands, I'll be sure to speak out in your favor should others criticize your ambitions, and when we move on the Pardik Mines, Darkspire will be more unified than it is this day."

He removed his gauntlet from his hand, and extended it to Edwin. "Wisdom through power, friend."

25. - Top - End - #25

The Recyclers
    DESP: 2

The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edwin grasped Decusiel's hand firmly. "And may you waste nothing. I look forward to our continuing alliance."

Techlords of the Dead Zone [24]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A single Unliving drone walks into the first civilized town in the Dead Zone it can find. Armed and armored against bandits on the road, its lifeless face is plainly visible. When a crowd has gathered, it draws a sealed scroll from its belt and tosses it into the masses. As they catch the parchment, the Unliving's mission is completed, and the enchantments in its metal frame fizzle out and die. The corpse falls to the ground, forever inert. The message reads:

"People of the Dead Zone,

We have achieved what you now dream of. We have mastered Death, and now it serves us like a loyal hound. If you would know our secrets, make pilgrimage to the Grath Mountains in the north. We have much to gain from one another."

26. - Top - End - #26

The Crimson

Shienen Cavalry
    Spoiler
    Show

What is belief but a most heartfelt respect? Trust in the word of God as you would trust to your steeds, my brothers of the plains, and you will be well rewarded in this life and the next.

Frost Rangers
    Spoiler
    Show

We seek to spread a reverence for God that has long left these lands, when the Harkon Kings came and burned out the old religions. Garham's Heart is hotter than any fire, and the word of God forged therein endured their brief reign. We carry old truths, things long forgotten by Serillia that we would see returned to their rightful places. We would see greed struck down, needless pride humbled, and the vestiges of the madness that has gripped this land pruned from it.

But the gardener in the desert must have a careful hand indeed, lest he break that which he seeks to nurture, and so too must we. You have fought well for the promise of gold, and have taken up the mantle of those who walk the frost; but God speaks from the hollow sky of the mountains just as well as he speaks from the empty void of the sands. You are no longer mere mercenaries. You have land, now, and people within it to protect. The Prophet tells us that blessed is the man who defends those who cannot defend themselves, so tell me this, child of battle; are you warlord or protector in the Jarrdik? Who walks the slopes of those ancient mountains? That choice alone will define your fate, both in the eyes of God and of your fellow man.

House Vlarten
    Spoiler
    Show

The Prophet Reborn is the Prophet of Crimson again made flesh, brought forth from the heart of Garham's red sands. Those who seek a reverence for God need look only to his word; and those who see God's will done on earth will find that their lot in life becomes suitable to their mission.

The Old Faith
    Spoiler
    Show

The Prophet Reborn is of Garham's Heart, and as such has not yet spoken of the miracles of Harvest--no matter the sacrifice, wheat will not grow from desert sand. The Burning, now, that is a different matter; the children of Garham know much of fire. It is all the same, though. No matter what methods are used to honor God, the essential fact remains that He is honored, for what He gives and for what He takes away.

The Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

God's word is not deceptive. Wipe away the suspicion that befouls your tongue and give right reverence to that which is holy, or else the hand of God may do it for you.

Lowside Smugglers
    Spoiler
    Show

Coin is a transient thing, and all strength fades with time. We trust more to the permanency of God's will. But let it never be said that the Crimson was weak in a time of strife, and if it is with strength and the gleam of gold that we must speak with you to spread our message along the river's way, so be it.

Semoril Family
    Spoiler
    Show

And what do you respect, you who are children of the first soldier? We have spoken with many since the fall of the last Harkon, and have found that the idols men honor are numerous as grains of sand, and shift as often. We have heard the words of those who respect only coin, but I think you are above such trivial means as that; we have heard from those who respect ritual and tradition, which I think you know to be mere words; we have spoken with those who recognize strength and the power it brings, which we both know to already be in your grasp; and everywhere we have heard voices whispering hidden prayers of aid and hope in the same breath as dark desires of conquest and war.

Where do you put your faith, Semoril? In your own strong arm, in the honor of men bought with coin, in the shadow of the Harkon Kings or in the mad dogs they left behind? The desert may be barren and its Prophet unproven, but the sands do not try to hide their nature. Such things are, I fear, the domain purely of men.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

27. - Top - End - #27

The Steelforge Brotherhood

D-Esp: 4

To the Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    We greet you fellow scientists. Your methods might be different then ours but that should not prevent us from working together. These are troubling times as long as the "King" lives.

To the Praton Merchants Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Troubling times indeed. We accept your offer of friendship and trade. May these lands be in piece and the false king burn suffer eternally.

To Villshire
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Steelforge Brotherhood greets you. Were are a brotherhood of former soldiers and engineers. We would like to offer you protection in this troubling times and remove the Green Bandits from your area. In return we would like access to some of you mines as we require resources to keep on tinkering.
    Last edited by Umbranar; 2013-02-26 at 08:11 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Kobold

The Frost Rangers

TO the Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show

Ilias understood they wished for some more private time and so dint spend much time either on speaking with their representative until the business with others was concluded.

((Did you mean pm level or just the normal one here?))

To The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show

While not exactly the leader of the rangers the second in command Ilias had been send. He knew the rangers well for the purpose of the meeting as well what could be given and not and most importantly what deals he could make. Outside he dint look much stronger than the average soldier, but he did look sharp and agile enough as a person.

So he heard with great interest what Decusiel had to say and considered his response a moment before speaking

"I will be honest with you, there is another enemy we probably have, i speak of the Pardik mine the harkin kin there is an enemy we should take notice, we are also very interested because the territory would allow us to have a route in the sea, allowing us to create a few forces in the future for nautical combat.
    The resources to us are a bit secondary, we mostly wish to expand partly our territory and gain access to the sea as well eliminate one enemy, the mine we could share to someone who wants it and helped gain it."

Another pause.

"But that is about the future, for now we agree about going against the crimson if the Semoril Family accepts, they haven't created any problems with us yet and we tried to respect their territory when we took the mountains. So if they agree we could help them.
    But this would depends on the deal, the crimson aren't directly on our border and thus our troops would need to move to their own territory leaving ours unprotected."

He let out a small sigh.

"Dont worry we are still in business and depending on if we have an alliance soon enough then we could spare more troops in cheaper prices."

((on the second part basically he ask's what do i gain from helping them the crimson are far away from me and the Semoril never bothered contacting me)).

To The Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show

Depends on who you ask around here, for the soldiers this land we occupy is the same land they grew up and they know many of the locals.

But if you ask the people we are something of warlord. Both titles are fit to describe us yet none truly shackle us, for now whether the people wish it or not we are the protectors of the mountains, even if they fear us.
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-02-25 at 11:45 AM. Reason: To who each msg

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

The king was in his castle, cowering. It was time for yet another try. Slowly, the people began talking openly in the streets. The banners came out, hanging from the windows. Those loyal to Grakin quickly found other places to live, and left the factory.

Stage one was over without a fight. Within a week, power in Kreen's Factories just drifted over to the DRF publicly as well as in secret. Now, they needed a leader. Those who had been leading met in an extended discussing, intending not to leave until they had an official representative. But first, they had a few letters to write.

Varrim Guard:
    Spoiler
    Show

We currently have no leader, though we are meeting currently to correct that. (I have the stats for VIPs, but they would overcap me, so I'm going dump some stats to create one this turn) We can continue to talk like this for now, or if you must have a personal meeting, you will need to wait til we finish our selection process

Go Tigers!

30. - Top - End - #30

The Kreen Guard to The Varrim Guard (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

That would be very helpful. We are debating on striking the Church of Forgivness before they start any more riots. Would you be interested in joining the attack, or should we hold off an invasion?

The Companions to Eastern Army (DESP 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We can't have soldiers tramping through while we are conducting busniess now. We are willing to help you find any men that go missing, but you must respect our property.

The Church of Secrets to Eastern Army (DESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

But once a secret is shared, it is no longer a secret. As a secret to you, we know of no one wishing to disturb the Eastern Army yet.

The Last Legion to Eastern Army (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have been protecting this city as long if not longer than you have. The people of the city are paying us now, so that's who we are loyal to.

The 10th Legion to Eastern Army (DESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Legions in the Eastern Gate are the left overs from the loyalist legions that were broken by the Revolution. The Mad Doc is a bit nerve racking. He has saved and destroyed many lives, but appears to mean well. We believe the reminance of the Royal Eyes are in Fort Weran. They were the espionage force for the Mad King and might as well have been part of his propaganda machine.

We have thrown away the list with all the fighting that took place over the past few months. Many men had their loyalties questioned with the Revolution so the 10th allowed them to leave, knowing they would be called apon again once the revolution succeeded.

The Loyal Legion to Eastern Army (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

The 10th Legion is where the rebellion started, and it was very convienant that we were about to invade Tallup whey they rebeled. Their leadership has always had more gold than the other legions, and we believe they were payed off by Tallup to keep our men out of their country.

Many of us could be considered deserters to the rebellious legions. We chose to continue fighting the influence of Tallup rather than our countrymen. While most of use were from the 7th and 8th legions, some come from others as well.

The Royal Eyes to Eastern Army (DESP 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

We believe Tallup is gathering its military might. Should they invade our victory would depend on the loyalties of yourself and the 10th legion. We would need both to succeed, and we fear they are working for the enemy.

Mad Doc Eston to Eastern Army (DESP 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

I know nothing of enemy movements, since the civil war started I have been working overtime to help those in need. While I would love a chance for my acolytes to take a look at your books, I am taken back by your assumption that my work produces mental instability. It is the indviduals lack of will that causes them to go insane, I do not modify the brain in any of my work.

Commander Kraak to The Ziani Hegemony (DESP 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Commander would like to assure you that as long as Frostfort Remains in Nertin hands Serillia exists. We must ask, are you still loyal to the Harkons? If so we may be able to work together and your house would gain much power.

The Sightseers to The Ziani Hegemony (DESP 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

A lavishly dressed man from the Sightseers comes to the Palazzo Ziani
    This war has damaged our trade a great deal. Seems no one wants to travel with all the fighting going on. Do you have a plan to help bring order to the country?

The 6th Legion to The Ziani Hegemony (DESP 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

A messanger arrives, with a worried look on his face but with no apparent harm
    " The 6th would be willing to compensate you for help in removing Commander Kraak. If you would like more information please send a trusted member outside the walls for assurance against Kraak's tricks."

Patrice to The Silver Legion (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

They will be fine as long as they do not attack the creatures. they are designed and programed to look for gold, not kill poor fishermen.

Serrillian Engineering Core to The Silver Legion (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

They have tried to attack us before, and with the fall of the King they will surly try again. They dislike our modifcation of natures swamp, and consider it blasphmey. We are unsure when they will attack, but we are sure it will come.

The Truggers to The Silver Legion (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Dat be very halpful. If you's be needin anyfin jus ask.

High Loggers to The New highwaymen (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sure we can come to some sort of deal. The Preserve as they call themselves in Tastia Hills have been threatening us for our logging. If you can take care of them we can get you a large supply of timber

Techocorp to The New highwaymen (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Most of what we do is Technomagic. I don't think most common folk could afford our weaponry right now, but we will look into expanding that market.

The Naft Gang to The New highwaymen (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Course, we'd be happy to have someone come talk to us.

The Serillian Navy to The New highwaymen (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

That is great News!

Patrice to The Frost Rangers (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

I guess. I have always been an independant researcher and the gold from the ocean has always funded my research. I will also say most of my work goes into control of the creature not modification, but if the price was right I'm sure most of the principals would carry over.

The Techmen to The Frost Rangers (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

I think it's about time we reached outside the capitol. The Loggers won't be happy with us going elsewhere, but we accept your deal.

The Techmen to The Glorious Noble House Morn (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

The guest from the Techmen was wearing a rather boring set of clothes that you have come to expect from the Techmen. They live near the smelter and almost everythign they own is covered in dirt and grime. These seemed nicer than normal, although still far beneath most of the other guests attire.

"Effeciency and heat my old friend. As the war continued we discovered that the wood from the east was becoming scarce, so we changed to other fuels. Our newest upgrade is what we call Gravish reburn, the Gravish ore, which is close to usless, keeps its heat a lot longer than the coal and wood fires we use elsewhere. We are almost complete changing out the second of the 8 furnaces to Gravish burning. We have heard of some problems with the Cult of Ash, although they are only rumors."

Rish Corp. to The Glorious Noble House Morn (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

the representative from Rish Corp is wearing fine clothes, and does a deep bow when speaking with House Morn

" The warehouse is faring well. We believe the Techmen broke in a few months ago but with no proof and very little stolen we are letting the matter lie. We hope with the Civil war over we will be able to export our supplies to the rest of the country. Much of it had been cut off for long periods during the war."

The Techmen to The Recyclers (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Labor is not an issue for us, we find cheap labor throug the slums and as time goes on the furnace begins to fuel itself. Rish Corp. May be more interested, since they are the ones who ship out the smelted ore to the different corners of the empire.

The Necro Association to The Recyclers (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

A message arrives from the Necro Association, although there seems to be no messanger.
    " You have not succeded, but are twisting our goal. We seek to truely bring people back to live while you have them working as machines. We do not wish your secrets and will work against them any chance we get"

House Vlarten to The Crimson (DESP 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Between you, Unity, and the Old Faith we do not seek to offend anyone. I give you your respect and claim ignorance if I offended.

The Old Faith to The Crimson (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Then perhaps one day we can be one in the same. For now we will remain honoring the old traditions that keep our families fed and our land safe.

The Guild to The Crimson (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

And where has your Gods power been while we have been harassed and beaten by the Harkons? The only explanation we can think of is that your God is no stronger than the Mad King.

Villshire Militia to The Steelforge Brotherhood (DESP 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

The city iteslf does not own any mines, we just trade with the mines in the north. We are willing to trade you some ore, but if you are just going to extort us you are no better than the bandits.

OOC: Some of the NPC faction names are wrong in this post. I'll be fixing them over the next hour or so.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2013-02-26 at 08:04 AM.