Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Total War Serillia (IC)

Sparrows

GM[PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    What do I know about the High Loggers?

What kind of problems face the Cult of Many? The OOC says they import most of its food despite fertile soil. Is that because of bandits and such?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Guilds of Darkspire
    DESP : 1

It is the first public appearance of Elo since he lost his arm. He hides his disfigured right side from view with a white cape embroidered in a deep red with the Guild of Enlightenment's symbol, a hand clutching a flame. He stands from the wheeled chair that carried him to the podium. He steadies himself on an arm offered by Halazar Blackmask. And then Elo begins to speak.
    "As the newly appointed Speaker for the Guilds it is my duty to represent the Guild of Darkspire to the people of this great city and this great nation. Firstly I would like to acknowledge Myrios as the Speaker for the Mighty and offer a hand of friendship. May we work together in these coming times. Secondly I know that there is concern about the current occupation of the slums. Do not worry, the Ishim currently stationed there are there to keep the peace. Rioting began in the slums and Myrios took action to put an end to it. I may not agree that this was the best method of solving this issue but that is in the past. That is all I have to say on the matter."
    Elo ends his address to the public rather abruptly as his strength begins to give way and he lowers himself back into his chair. The Speaker for the Pure leans down to whisper something into Elo's ear, causing him to frown as an attendant begins to wheel him back a more private area.
    Once Elo is gone from sight, rumors begin to snake their way through the crowd. Second and third hand accounts of the events in the slums are popular. Whispers of, "I heard that the Whitemasks were killing members of the Cult of Ash, they set this all up" or "A friend of mine saw the Seriph fight ten men by itself" can be heard among a myriad of other voices.

The Guild of Enlightenment To Doc Eston
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have heard much about you and your work, Good Doctor. Most recently we has heard of the advances you have made in repairing the damage of lost limbs. I my self have had an unfortunate loss of my right arm and I have been working tirelessly to find a method of replacing it. Perhaps we could help one another. I am very interested in a collaboration between our two laboratories in such a field. I would be very greatful to any assistance in the restoration of my arm.
    From the desk of
    Elo, Speaker for the Guild of the Enlightened and Speaker for the Guilds of Darkspire

The Guild of Might To The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allow me to introduce myself. I am Myrios, Speaker for the Mighty. We thank you for your support in our military action. If any other threat to the both of our glorious institutions arise you can count on us as an ally. I hope we can count on you in a similar manner.

The Guild of the Pure To The Glorious House of Morn
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is right that you give us what we have taken. But the Ash is not gone, it lingers in the air and will settle again. Take heed for the extermination of the blasphemers is not yet over.

The Guild of Enlightenment to The Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    I understand that the your magics are able to bring life back into dead flesh. Are there methods through which you may be able to bring life into something somewhat more inanimate, say an arm of iron. I am curious as to the implications of creating new limbs as I have recently lost my right arm. should you have any incite into my problem I would be willing to collaborate on this project.
    From the desk of
    Elo, Speaker for the Guild of the Enlightened and Speaker for the Guilds of Darkspire
    Total War Faction(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Credit goes to Nyrt

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Recyclers
    DESP: 1

To the Guilds of Darkspire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elo,

I am delighted to hear that you are well - I was concerned after your duel, but now I believe we can be of some assistance. I believe it would be possible to devise a new arm to match, or even exceed, the abilities of your tragically lost limb. We do not actually breathe new life into dead flesh - I do not believe that is even possible with modern understandings of magic - so mobile, metal limbs is already something we produce en masse. The trouble, then, is to link the workings of the device to respond to your muscle and mind, rather than the autonomous enchantments we use to mobilize the Unliving... yes, this would be a very interesting project. If it would please you, I would be willing to develop such a device for your free use; a symbol of the unity between our organizations.

-Simon Braun

To House Morn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is truly a pity that so much needless damage was inflicted by the Cult of Ash in their reckless attack. We hear that your patrols now keep the peace in the Warehouse district, having routed the spineless Rish Corp...as it should be. The Recyclers extend their support, and we hope that Darkspire begins to thrive again with capable rulers guiding its people.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mad Doc Eston to Eastern Army (DESP 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

While your help was appreciated, I will have to decline for now. Running the administration is how I get my funding and subjects for my work. I can't just cut off like that.

The Last Legion to Eastern Army (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

I think you underestimate our numbers. We have plenty of men who have training in sword play to form our own legion.

[The description was fluff. They have low APR as well, and the people fear the lash that is currently on their back more than the one that is trying to move in.]

The Companions to Eastern Army (DESP 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have to keep an eye on those peeping toms. There "mission" hurts our business.

The Loyal Legion to The Silver Legion (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

That would depend on what your definition of "Personal" is. Can Serillia expect to be attacked, definitely. They are gathering forces for an invasion to take over the Eastern Border and Possibly Rist. We are unsure of their ultimate goal, but we feel an attack is imminant.

The 10th Legion to The Silver Legion (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

General Augus

Tallup is about a quarter the size of Serillia, and has roughly 1/8 the manpower. An invasion of Serillia would logically only lead to Tallup's distruction. We do not have an intelligence arm currently, but we are looking to build one with the Serillian Intelligence Network to help get the truth instead of the King's Lies.

General Nell

The Truggers to The Silver Legion (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Course ya can. You da one who helped. Why don't ya come down for a hunt dis month?

Serrillian Engineering Core to The Silver Legion (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Some Levies were damaged, but we held back a Sprite influtration team. We would like to try to take out the Sprites this month, but we would need some assistance from your men. Can you send aid?

The Kreen Guard to Dastinian Revolutionary Front (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

They were ready for war, and we know what their target was. This city belongs to Serillia.

Commander Kraak to The Semoril Family (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, your familiy did a good job on calling our bluff. We were never hear to "help" the Mad King. His removal was just. We do have plans to help stabalize Serillia, but we cannot make a move yet. Tell me, do your loyatlies lie with Grakin or with the Harkon familiy?

Naft Importers to The New highwaymen (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are willing to host you again. Although we will like to note that our position has not improved yet.

The Naft Watch to The New highwaymen (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Falcon,

Where are you wanting to meet?

~Lorenzo

GM to The Sparrow's (DESP PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

What kind of details are you looking for? You know quite a bit, but in general the High Loggers are a large logging company who work in Grippon Forest. They were recently attacked and had a good bit of damage done. They are a company type group, so they do not hide details like others do.

The Cult of Many has a problem with overpopulation. It's not really banditry (athough thievery does happen), just not enough farming land for all the people that live in the area.

Mad Doc Eston to The Guilds of Darkspire(DESP 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

I would be delighted to assist you, and perhaps we can exchange some notes. If you are willing to pay for my trip (1 WEL or RES) I will come down assist with the proceedure.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

To the DRF [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gate opens, and soldiers lining the walls stare impassionately into the middle distance. The representative is quickly lead by a tanned steward into the fortress, and brought into the keep, where he is received by Ælle.

The foreigner is oddly pale, with flaxen hair and a long mail hauberk, reaching to his knees. To his belt is strapped a fearsome longsword, and by his chair, one of the strange weapons the Varrim Guard favour. As the representative enters the hall, the crackle of gunfire is heard as the Guardsmen drill with their weapons.

Ælle looks up the DRF man enters. "You represent the 'revolutionaries'? Good."

"I know of your groups sympathies, Serillia is collapsing, that much is clear, but I do not think Daistin is a better fate. I shall make this offer only once."

"I want to make an independent nation, carved out of the remnants of this corrupt and dying empire. First Kreen, then the Western Border and parts of the Hillfold and Golden Coast. "

"Perhaps even Daistin shall bend the knee, in time. I offer your revolutonary group a chance to throw off your shackles, if so choose.
    "

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Verrim Guard (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"And your reason's for creating this new nation? While getting out from under the thumb of Serilla is my goal above all else, you will need to give me a reason why you are a better choice than Dastin. The people there, they are our families, often enough. The king is sympathetic, and both they and us want to be part of the same country. Create a new one, and Now both Serillia and Dastin have claims here, not Baardin, who could always step in just for the giggles. A good first step would be calling off your lackeys in the Kreen Guard, and allowing us to run Friend's Lost. Many of the DRF have family or friends there. We do not want to see these graves desecrated by those bastard loyalists. In exchange for this, we could look the other way as your friends continue to kiss the ass of the Harkon kings, and would be more open to talks of cooperation."

Kreen Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

Kreen is a subjugated territory of a tyrant dynasty. The Harkon kings are from the far north, they are not the de jure rulers of this land, and never have been. They are nothing more than raiders, and we will see their rule here ended. Cease your violence against those who seek to protect the graves of martyrs, and try to re-find your loyalty to Kreen, rather than to the bastard kings.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2013-03-11 at 10:51 AM.

Go Tigers!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

To the DRF [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I share your distaste for the Harkon Kings, but hearts and minds are not won by petulant namecalling and childish abuse."

"Friends Lost is still in the hand of the Church of 'Forgiveness'. The skirmishing has seen the loss of most of the Churches military forces, but the Kreen Guard do not hold that territory.

"The Kreen Guard will solve the question of their loyalties in time. Now, you ask why an independent nation, and not Daistin? Because Daistin will not help. They are bound in the games of politics, and are useless to you."

"Combined, we could see this city secede within the month. If that does not interest you, then you are welcome to leave."
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-03-11 at 10:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Verrim Guard (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I understand why having our own nation would be nice. I'm asking why I should join YOUR nation. For all I know, you will be just as dictatorial and tyrannical as the Harkons, and then what have I gained? Not only will my people still be oppressed, but now it'll be in a country that is barely big enough to defend itself. What will you bring to the table that makes you better than a country that already has existing trade agreements, alliances, standing army, and a strong dynasty?

Dastin is willing to provide aid, provided we take the Dead Zone. Assuming we come to an agreement today, what say we offer them an alliance at least? We will need help if anyone manages to put together the rest of Serillia and decides they want this corner back. if we could find a way to interest Baardin in parts as well, perhaps entice them into trying to take a bite from the north, they may even be willing to completely annul their non-interference pact with Dastin, allowing even greater aid, and keeping the rest of the country busy.

Go Tigers!

9. - Top - End - #99

NinjaGuy

To Naft Watch (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I have no qualms about the place, as long as I'm allowed to protect myself against foul play.

What are the conditions for mutual security?"

To Naft Importers [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mileena Fey sat down at the Importer's Office.

"Nice of you to allow us to talk again. The Watch has been created, but a bit of time will have to pass before you see the best effects of it.

Currently we are working to subjugate some of the... More conflicting elements of the former Gangsmen.

Do you have ideas?ŽWith those elements dominated, the ways of the Watch should change dramatically."

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

To the DRF [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What do I bring? I bring the best trained and disciplined troops on the Continent."

"The fact I am speaking to you is a sign of how I am not like the Harkon kings. Were I akin to them, you would be shorter by a head."

"The matter of alliance is unimportant right now. However, I hope to support other powers across Serillia, and incite them to to secede, bringing about the collapse of the Harkon monarchy."

"There is nothing I can do to prove my sincerity, not infallibly. Equally, you could betray my plans to the first man to flash you a copper coin.There must be a measure of trust for such a venture to even begin."

"I tire of this debate. Choose. "
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-03-11 at 06:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Semoril (2)

Commander Kraak
    Spoiler
    Show

We are loyal to Serillia, as we have always been.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Sparrows-Eastern Army
    Spoiler
    Show
    I intercepted a disturbing message from the Last Legion addressed to you. I trust the little war that it seems to suggest is coming, will be confined to their barracks? I would rather not have to have my men get involved.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Glorious House of Morn

Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your support is much appreciated and noted. We will talk to you very soon concerning the state of the city.

Guilds of Darkspire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guild of Might
    Of course. If it is of any help, they Cult of Ash approximately lost ++ Esp and ++ Morale in their failed attack while our own losses were minimal. On top of whatever damage you did, they should be severely weakened.

Guild of the Pure
    We will heed your words and keep an eye out for them.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Verrim Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

Fine. We will work with you for now. If you live up to your promises, we will stay with you. but if the Harkon kings don't fall, and your new nation is looking like it will be reconquered, we will ask Dastin for help. I'll warn you of this now, in the interest of honesty.

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Silver Legion

To the Truggers: [DESP 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Serillian Engineering Core has need of my soldiers this month, but I don't want to miss the hunt. I'll send my rangers.

To the Serillian Engineering Core: [DESP 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly. I'll send my soldiers, and lend my own expertise to the fighting.

16. - Top - End - #106

The Naft Watch to The New highwaymen (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We've noticed you have a strong link with the Naft Importers. We have access to one of their warehouses where we can meet. Each of us can bring 5 men for protection. Does this sound safe enough for you?

Naft Importers to The New highwaymen (DESP PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We've always thought that their removal was necissary. Sea travel is not a safe busniess and sometimes lives are lost. We feel that may be the only way to deal with the gang.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

To the DRF [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "As you will. Equally, you will not be trusted until you seal an alliance with my house."

"This will be done in the ancient way, we will sign an agreement, and it will be sealed by the exchange of hostages, from my house, and from your organisation. These must be people of value. If either of us betrays the other, the hostages will be forfeit."

"I will allow you to consider your position before responding, but I will expect an answer when we next meet."

18. - Top - End - #108

NinjaGuy

New Highwaymen to Naft Importers [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That is actually true, but for the enemy leaders.

The small ranks listened, and actually liked the idea of reforming. If we were to... Remove the most conflictive elements, and take control of the Watch, things would go uphill fast.

We have a meeting with one of the most conflictive leaders; he said we should do it in one of your warehouses.

I believe the time to move has come.

How about we make a small surprise? He said he will be there with five men. We can control that he and his five men are the only ones there.

In the meantime, We are planning a small operation to put down the leaders who seek to continue the Gang's old ways.

Can you spare men, or money to hire them? The operation will require the use of most my power."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Verrim Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

very well. Let us begin by claiming Kreen. You have been in contact with the Kreen guard - is there any way to get them sympathetic to our cause? They seem rather... patriotic.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

To the DRF [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Leave the Kreen Guard be. I will continue my co-operation with them, and they will accustom themselves to taking my orders. Given time, I believe their loyalties can be turned, as long as we do not scream our intentions in their face."

"We must next gain the support of the Consortium of Kreen. Their Tech will be invaluable, if we can turn it to our cause."

"The final faction is the church of Forgiveness. I do not think they will join with us, as my men participated in the attack on their holdings. I judged them too volatile. They have no strength left in them. They should be dispersed, the spoils and territory split. "

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Sparrows-Cult of Many
    Spoiler
    Show
    [I think thats who stands between me and Cral Plantations anyhow. If there is others, please direct this to the others as well.]

"Greetings. With your permission I would like to transport a small group of my people through your territory this month. I will be sure they keep out of trouble and not loiter around in your territory."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Guilds of Darkspire
    Defensive Esp : 1

The Guild of Enlightenment To Mad Doc Eston
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would be more then delighted to pay for your journey. I am pleased to say that our friends and neighbors the Recyclers have agreed to assist in this matter as well. Between the two working prototypes that we have as well as our combined knowledge I am certain that we can create something marvelous together.
    Elo, Speaker for the Enlightened, Speaker for the Guilds

The Guild of Enlightenment To The Recyclers
    Spoiler
    Show
    My dear Simon, I am pleased to hear that you will assist in this matter. I am able to provide a prototype that I have spent much time working on. It works in a very similar way that the Ishim work, however an arm that responds only to simple voice commands leaves something to be desired. I have also contracted the Doctor Eston to assist in this matter. Between the three of us I am sure that we will create something amazing.
    Elo, Speaker for the Enlightened, Speaker for the Guilds

The Guild of the Pure To The Techmen
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ash created by your fires has been swept from the street. It now hangs in the air, waiting for someplace to settle. Have you, the men who stoke the heart of this city, given a place for the ash to settle? Do you house those that would see the spender of the Seriph destroyed? Send us the blasphemers. Rid yourselves of their sins. Do this and we shall allow you to repent before the Seriph. However, should we find that you have been allowing those who worship the ash to take refuge within your homes you to will be considered to be blasphemers and the Seriph will see that you are judged as such.
    Last edited by UntrainedMonkey; 2013-03-13 at 11:17 PM.
    Total War Faction(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Credit goes to Nyrt

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Verrim Guard (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Are you sure that the Kreen guard will become sympathetic to our cause? The Church is already against the King and willing to split, while the guard have made plain their intention to stay with the Harkon's. If we were to take the guard out, you could take control of their side of town, and the weakened church would have no choice but to join me, especially if you were pressuring them. With 4/5 of the city, the Consortium is sure to see reason.

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

To the DRF [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am certain."

"The Church of Forgiveness is without defenses, and is volatile and erratic. I am not demanding a massacre, but their resources are ripe for the taking. If you try to absorb them slowly, they will just rebuild."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Verrim Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

You would do well not to DEMAND anything of us. The DRF are not your servants or subjects. But we will follow your plan for now.

Church of Forgiveness
    Spoiler
    Show

We apologize for not being there to assist you against the Kreen Guard - we did not realize they would attack so quickly. We do not think that we will be able to save you as an independent entity, but if you were to join with us, we could give you the full protection available, including protection from the Guard, who would not dare to attack us.

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Glorious House of Morn

Guilds of Darkspire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are aware of your threatening message to the Recyclers. If we did not know any better, we would say that you were creating a false pretext to invade the Silter Smelter. Surely you are aware that the Cult of Ash is mad and does not work with others, they think the world will all burn as they were so eager to proclaim. The Glorious House of Morn would be greatly distressed to learn that you intend to take the southwest of the city for your own.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

To the DRF [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "And you would do well not to search my every word for hidden insult. "

"Enough for today. I thank you for your co-operation, and I assure you, you will not regret your decision."

"Contact me when you have chosen your men to come into my care, and we will sign a compact of friendship."

Ælle rises, nods to the representative, and takes his leave, allowing his men to escort the diplomat from his hall.

28. - Top - End - #118

Naft Importers to The New Highwaymen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We gave you a large amount of funds last month for the same task. We can let you use 1 MIL and 2 ESP, but that is all we can afford to put into this fight.

Cult of Many to Sparrows
    Spoiler
    Show

Have no fear passing through our territory, nothing bad will come to your people.

Techmen to the Guild of Pure
    Spoiler
    Show

We can assure you the Cult of Ash is nowhere near the boilers. We have used our every resource to make sure they stay away.

Church of Forgiveness to the DRF
    Spoiler
    Show

We will join you if we are attacked like that again, as long as you will not step in the way when we are able to get our vengeance.

29. - Top - End - #119

NinjaGuy

Highwaymen to Naft Importers [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That will do. We thank you for your colaboration.

Your men will go to the warehouse and help storm it. Send them to me on the meeting's day.

Highwaymen to Lorenzo (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be there.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't bother roleplaying this meeting. Morse won't even be there.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Church of Forgiveness
    Spoiler
    Show

We will not interfere, though the details of our agreement would be best discussed in private. With your permission, we would like to have our forces prepared to come to your defense should you be attacked this turn - Neither of us would gain anything should the Kreen Guard overtake you.

Go Tigers!