New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Return of the Scarlet Empress II - Nothing on My Back...

Black Ice Shadow

"Those are the words of Bronze, yet shod in the rhetoric of Gold as well. Curious."

Black Ice Shadow's eyes seek the shadows, the dark corners of Nexus.

"What you have described of us lies between truth and fact, I fear. And while I am not gifted with words enough to properly explain, I will try."

"We are indeed Chosen by the Five Maidens, and we work for the Bureau of Destiny. We ensure that all things come to pass as they should, and maintain the fates and destinies of Creation. Else, all would be chaos."

There is a pause, a consideration.

"Our relationship to the other Chosen is...complex. There are those who seek to support the Realm, to maintain the power of the Dragon-Blood. And there are also those who would see the Lawgivers return to power. Both argue that their way is the most ideal for maintaining Creation. "

"I cannot give arguments to either side, I fear. Isa and Emerald Stormwrack would be better able to explain, for the two stand on opposite sides of this debate."

Black Ice Shadow suddenly blurs into motion, daiklaves at the ready against a foe that does not appear. A moment passes, and he continues forward.

"I can tell you, that Ayesha Ura, the Chosen who manages the East, views the Lawgivers in high esteem. And that in Yu-Shan, it is a great crime to kill any Celestial Exalt."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Streets of Nexus

Eris blinks, as she turns over those words in her mind. Those truths. He didn't deny her accusations, not one. The suppressed anger still simmers, fueled by the memory of names not written on any grave-marker - of those she left behind in Thorns to die, because of deliberately crafted lies that stole away her chance to help them. She knows the limits of her own self-control and this day and night have tested them to the breaking point: part of her just wants to lash out again and again, do something to quench that rage and acknowledge those memories, be it with her daiklave or words sharper than any blade.

Her gaze again lingers on Firada for a moment (and Zhou, silent, effortlessly keeping pace despite the woman cradled in his arms).

He's doing what she's doing. Ignoring the politics to the best of his ability and just trying to stop the darkness, to fight against what has to be opposed. And he says he saved her life, even when it meant revealing his nature.

The Eclipse nods, after a little while. (And glances at the Sidereal thoughtfully, and prods at a darker patch of shadow with Remembrance, even as she keeps moving forward.) When she speaks again her voice is considerably milder. "We're not in Yu-Shan, I note. Unless... is that where you're taking Firada, for healing?" She notes the qualifier on his statement: Celestial Exalt. Perhaps just an oversight. Perhaps not. She still remembers how Swift felt about the Dragon-Blooded.

"I... thank you for the explanation. I'll add it to the list. Although the Cleansing seems able to operate just fine, here in the East, when it comes to killing Solars and Lunars, so I'm not sure Ayesha Ura's opinion of Lawgivers is particularly relevant -" Her words come quicker, sharper, more bitter, before she cuts herself off.

"... but I should not blame you for that, by the sound of things. Not if you've been in Thorns. I'd ask what you were doing, but... perhaps not until we're sure we're not being observed."

She continues in silence for a moment, turning to cast light down into the shadows of the alleyways as they pass. The information about factional disputes is new, and - "Wait. Stormwrack wants the Lawgivers to return to power? Stormwrack?!"

... all right, the incredulity in her voice was not very well hidden. But he outed her, to a room of Exalts! Not to mention the sheer... well...

Yes, all right, she doesn't actually know what happened in the Great Uprising. Doesn't know to what degree the legends are true and how much is a Sidereal construct. (Although she remembers the certainty of her right, and rage at their presumption, and a bloody spear in her hands...)

But still, her gut reaction is that the judgement on display here is... well, exactly what she'd expect of a man who'd drink an entire bottle of straight baiju, to be honest.

"... do both sides then see that as the conflict? The An- Solars to rule as they did before the Uprising, or the status quo to endure?" Her tone is carefully stripped of emotion, although possibly not carefully enough to conceal her complete lack of enthusiasm for those choices. And how the hell the former faction thinks they have any chance of pulling that off and still having a world to rule at the end of it...
    Last edited by Ifni; 2013-02-26 at 02:46 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Black Ice Shadow

"That is indeed the dilemma whose horns the Fellowship stands upon. Shall we continue to support the Realm, and the Dragon-Blood, or throw our support behind the Lawgivers once more?"

"And yes, Emerald Stormwrack is quite vocal about his beliefs. While he has never spoke of them to me, he does speak with some of my circlemates about the Lawgivers. He once attempted to speak with one of my other circlemates about the same topic, and ended up being bashed about the head with a goremaul."

There is a faint smile upon Black Ice Shadow's lips at the memory.

"As for your sister...yes. She is to relay what she has learned to Ayesha Ura herself."

He pauses then, nearly stopping as he ponders his next words.

"I have also been instructed to bring you and several others along, though I was not informed as to the reason why. I presume that you, too, have important information."

More silence. Black Ice Shadow speaks very quickly, trying to salvage the prior statement.

"...I do not wish for you to construe this as any sort of duress. You will be treated as honored guests the entire time, and will be free to experience Yu-Shan. I do believe that officially, no Solar has set foot in Heaven in thousands of years outside the Carnival of Meetings."
    Last edited by industrious; 2013-02-26 at 03:31 AM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zhou nods. "Yeah, Stormwrack called himself a member of the Gold faction. We had a nice little chat earlier tonight... mostly about what exactly that would mean for the world, and the Dragon-Blooded."

He mulls this over for a moment. "Man seems to have a decent head on his shoulders, when it's not doused with alcohol. As far as I can tell, the plan is closer to 'make sure the Solars are the sort of people we want running creation' rather than simply handing it to them. Which I think I can support... maybe. Dragons, but life was much simpler a few days ago."

Still. I'm going to Yu-Shan? Bloody hell...
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

"... we killed a Solar earlier tonight, Zhou. Well, Lauren did the hard part, Skandi and Child and I just took out his troops. I tried to talk him around, first, but all he wanted was the chance to plunder the Councilor's estate."

"Solars aren't... we're not all..." She stops. Starts over. "Some of the gods I've talked to have very strong convictions about this, but I don't think..." Her voice is trembling.

You're babbling. Why now? Why are you bothering to argue on this point, of all things? At least he's not calling you Anathema anymore.

The mental lash is acid, but it stops the whirling of her thoughts. She takes another breath, and looks away, to peer into a dark alley. When the Eclipse turns back she's wearing a small controlled smile, and when she speaks again, her voice is smooth. "It's not my ambition, in any case. You know what I want, Zhou; it's my hope and belief that Shadow's dilemma is a false dichotomy. As for the other Solars... well, I suppose we'll see."

The smile becomes something more edged. "I'm also not sure Stormwrack is the one I'd trust to determine what kind of people should be running Creation. If you think he's more than he appeared earlier... perhaps I've misjudged him. Still." Who could you trust, for that?

The Eclipse arches an eyebrow at Black Ice Shadow. "Treated as honored guests? For how long? What happens when we want to leave?" Her voice is cool and curious, no trace of anger in it. "And you said... it is a great crime to kill any Celestial Exalt, in Yu-Shan. Are the Dragon-Blooded equally protected by those laws?" She tilts her head slightly toward Zhou and Firada.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2013-02-26 at 06:00 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Huh. Interesting. Didn't even notice any sign of a Solar running around earlier." Zhou says, and then shrugs, adjusting his grip on the unconscious Firada.

"And I never said I'd support every Solar, just because they were Solars. Glowing gold doesn't give you the right to rule. Nor does simply being the most powerful individual in the area. You have to earn that right, through words and deeds and expressed beliefs, regardless of who or what you are."

He smirks. "It's a bit of a naive view, I admit, and I don't imagine that even a fraction of the rulers in the world as it stands believe in it. But a man can dream."
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

"He Exalted on the battlefield, fighting against us. You didn't see the totemic Dawn anima? It hit Risa pretty badly - I think it may have been her husband's Exaltation." Eris sighs. "I imagine it would've been about as hard on Sar and Nalis - two of their Brotherhood lost, to buy a week. It would be a stupid war, this one, even if it wasn't based on lies."

Her eyes crinkle a little as she smiles faintly back at Zhou. "For the rest - well enough. Even if taking that dream seriously would make you more of a revolutionary than I ever was." But fragile and naive and impossible though that dream might be - well, he didn't deny hers.

She glances quickly to Firada to make sure her sister is still breathing, and resumes her watch as they move on through the streets.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Isa hesitates. On the surface it seems a small thing to ask, but... Tepet Ejava is known as one of the more popular candidates for the Scarlet Throne. She hasn't declared her ambitions openly, but nor has she refused to put herself forward as Cathak Cainan did. Putting her at odds with her superiors might lead to civil war.

Might. Maybe civil war is inevitable without her nudging, and maybe Heaven will decide that it must be so, but nonetheless. You don't meddle carelessly when the stakes are this high.

"Why?"
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

???

"Because if you do not, she will die, one way or another. Let her have a chance, if only a slim one."

Black Ice Shadow

"When you wish to leave, you will leave. Provided whatever business Ayesha wishes to discuss with you is concluded. Or so I believe. I am not in charge of such matters, nor are they discussed with me."

There is a slight tinge of bitterness in his voice at that last sentence.

"The slaying of a Terrestrial is a lesser offense. But there is little enough reason to do so."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"Something important?" Lauren blinks, turning around to look. "...a mask? Doesn't... the Emissary wear a mask?" she says thoughtlessly, carrying the idiot ball just a little for the sake of comedy and drama.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Streets of Nexus

Little enough reason to do so? Well, perhaps. But anyone who knows Ireva's background will realize how much her sister matters to her.

Even now, knowing that Typhon might be out there, it's hard to keep herself from glancing over at the Wood Aspect, looking for the slight reassuring rise and fall of her chest. Ten years of near-solitude can vanish in a moment, set against Firada's presence, and the memories. Thorns had been darkness and despair, but at least she'd never been alone in that unending night.

They wouldn't need to hold a grudge against Firada personally. And the dismissiveness implied by Shadow's words grates at her.

But do you have a better idea? She needs healing, he's not lying about that. It's not as if you can keep her safe.

As for herself -

Potential downsides: may die a horrible death and/or be forced into something you would much rather not do. In any case you'll be putting yourself in their power, and you can't even get sworn assurances from Shadow in advance, they're not bound by his word.

Potential upsides: ... they're thinking about the same questions you are. Even if they're clinging to tried-and-tested-and-failing answers.

It also gets her away from the Nexus area before the Emissary and/or Lookshy and/or the Cleansing try to kill her, although that's less of a consideration; she has enough Essence left to acquire a fast horse for a less-than-ethical price, and Nexus probably won't put a price on her head provided she demonstrates that she's leaving. (After all, they have her promise not to return; if she dies, the next bearer of her Exaltation will not be so constrained.)

But the first point... that matters. Trying to ignore the Sidereals is clearly a fool's game.

The Eclipse's ears prick up slightly at the tinge of bitterness in Shadow's voice. Interesting. Now, is that a lure for me, or an actual sign of disaffection? May as well take the bait, either way.

"Ah, one of those responsibility-but-no-control situations? Lovely. And being ordered to bring a Solar to Yu-Shan - for the first time in millennia, you say? - while evading deathknights... that sounds like a rather impressive example of the category." The sympathy in her tone isn't quite as heartfelt as it could be, but there's probably a fairly strong correlation between expert enough to notice that and trying to manipulate her himself.

"You needn't worry on my account, at least." The Eclipse pauses for a moment to bow slightly to the Chosen of Saturn, the angle precisely matching the bow he gave her earlier. "I would be honored to visit your home, Black Ice Shadow." Her tone is exquisitely courteous on the surface; the lingering wryness is as subtle as the faint stress on your.

"I would like clarification on one other point, though. How long has the Bureau known about Tepet Ireva?" And is it going to cause problems for Firada? Has it already? Is that why she's reporting to Ayesha Ura, not to someone in the... Bronze?
    Last edited by Ifni; 2013-02-26 at 05:37 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Fairness has very little to do with the politics of nations, but... "All right."

It's not a bad answer. Surprising, really; the stranger does not have a kind face. But she didn't have to give an answer at all. She holds all the leverage here, just as Symphony of Chimes did; if she'd replied with a curt "none of your business," Isa would have been forced to accept that. Would it have made any difference...? Maybe. She'd like to think so.

"It may take some time to place the destiny. But a year it shall be." Isa studies the woman's face, watching for a reaction. Some clue. "May I ask you something?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

"Important? Oh yes. This artifact is the Emissary's mask..."

Child waffles for a moment, before handing the mask to Lauren.

"Here, hold this for a moment. I want to check the other contents."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Investigation on the rest of the items in the cubby: (6d10)[1][2][5][2][8][4](22)
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh woooow..." enthuses Lauren, holding it up to the light, looking at it from the front and the back. "...I wonder where he is. Doesn't he need it?"
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Eris

"I would be honored to have you," he says, surprised yet formal. "Though my apartment is meager, you would be welcome. I do not have much company."

Firada's chest breathes shallowly; while she is injured, the trouble is not further harm but lack of healing. Such are the blessings of the Exalted.

""...As for how long we have known of her, I could not answer such a question."

Spoiler
    Show

the last sentence is a half-truth.

Emissary's Chambers

Underneath the robes is a note. It reads: Impossibility is a sign that your perceptions are limited, and your view of 'the world unclear.

Broken whispers the voice in Lauren's head. broken broken broken why did they break it broken

"Yes, actually," comes a voice behind them. "I would like my mask back."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren starts at the first voice, when she rarely hears, and then almost jumps at the second, whirling around to see if the spearker is who he claims to be.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Emissary Chambers

The Emissary of Nexus, sans mask and robe, leans against the doorframe to her quarters.

As it turns out, the Emissary is a gorgeous woman: long tresses of blue hair curl and cascade down her back, and her eyes are an electrifying green. A traveler's cloak, stained with the road, hides the rest of her figure.

"I'm going to ask you to get out."

???

The other woman's face remains calm and collected; her emotions are very firmly under her grasp.

"You may. Though I may not answer it."
    Last edited by industrious; 2013-02-27 at 07:33 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren looks straight to Child, and then back to the woman.
    "With... all due respect... how do we know you're the Emissary? You could be one of the monsters we just fought to keep out. At least one of them can shapeshift, after all." she says bluntly.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2013-02-27 at 07:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

"Because I was able to see both silver anima banners already out there. I'm not a Lunar, and given that two of them are rampaging through my city..."

She takes a step forward, and reaches with her hand.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Streets of Nexus

Eris smiles faintly, amused. Not quite what I meant, but I'll roll with it. She'll want allies where she's going, and Shadow... seems to have his priorities straight. To the detriment of his career, by the sound of things.

"Hey, it's got to be in better shape than my apartment at the moment."

That he can describe his apartment as 'meager' (and mean it), when he risks his life spying in Thorns... well, that says something about his superiors' priorities. Although she supposes it's not really new information, only confirmation. Child may call it an abomination, but it's one that's endured for nearly thirty years, while how many resources have been poured into the succession struggle and now the Cleansing?

At his reply to her question she goes silent for a moment, again looking away to warily study the side-streets. They're drawing closer to the Pool, now.

"Not quite the truth, I think, Chosen," she says eventually. "Understand why I'm asking. My sister is a monk of the Order, who allowed an Anathema to live." That much he must know already, since he'd said Firada had been insistent on finding her. And anyone trailing them, seeing her caste mark and the resemblance between them, has likely put two and two together by now. "Since then my existence has been a danger to her. Not how I'd like it to be, but so it is."

"I'm not interested in your sources of information." Well, she is, but it's not her priority right now, and in any case he shouldn't disclose that kind of information in an unsecured location. "I am interested in whether the... Bronze... knows about Ireva, and whether that is likely to have adverse consequences for Firada. Or has already, given that you are taking her to this Ayesha Ura, who from what you've said is likely not fond of the Realm."

"So what could you tell me, if I should ask a different question?"
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"I... that's a decent point. This is a really bad situation for me here. I mean." Lauren's eyebrows quirk slightly. "If you are the Emissary, then I'm getting in the way of saving Nexus. But if I just hand it over and you're not, I just screwed the place over. Completely."

She takes a step back pretty much as the woman steps forward, and looks to Child again, hissing at him.
    "Help me out here? I am SO far out of my depth."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    The Streets of Nexus

Eris smiles faintly, amused. Not quite what I meant, but I'll roll with it. She'll want allies where she's going, and Shadow... seems to have his priorities straight. To the detriment of his career, by the sound of things.

"Hey, it's got to be in better shape than my apartment at the moment."

That he can describe his apartment as 'meager' (and mean it), when he risks his life spying in Thorns... well, that says something about his superiors' priorities. Although she supposes it's not really new information, only confirmation. Child may call it an abomination, but it's one that's endured for nearly thirty years, while how many resources have been poured into the succession struggle and now the Cleansing?

At his reply to her question she goes silent for a moment, again looking away to warily study the side-streets. They're drawing closer to the Pool, now.

"Not quite the truth, I think, Chosen," she says eventually. "Understand why I'm asking. My sister is a monk of the Order, who allowed an Anathema to live." That much he must know already, since he'd said Firada had been insistent on finding her. And anyone trailing them, seeing her caste mark and the resemblance between them, has likely put two and two together by now. "Since then my existence has been a danger to her. Not how I'd like it to be, but so it is."

"I'm not interested in your sources of information." Well, she is, but it's not her priority right now, and in any case he shouldn't disclose that kind of information in an unsecured location. "I am interested in whether the... Bronze... knows about Ireva, and whether that is likely to have adverse consequences for Firada. Or has already, given that you are taking her to this Ayesha Ura, who from what you've said is likely not fond of the Realm."

"So what could you tell me, if I should ask a different question?"
    Black Ice Shadow

Black Ice Shadow considers her words.

"I understand your words, Eris Orchid. But I cannot tell you truthfully."

"...According to our records, Tepet Ireva is dead. Anyone who investigated the matter closely enough would be able to tell otherwise, unless someone else with sufficient authority sealed them, though that, too, is a signal that something is there. Many may know, or none."

A silver light begins to head towards them, and Black Ice Shadow raises his daiklaves.

"Who goes there?"

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for not updating Aevy. feel free to join in.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

"... I see. Thank you. Your orders to bring me in, what name did they -"

At the silver glow the Eclipse stops talking, bringing Remembrance down into a guard position as she moves between Zhou and the silver light. "Zhou, if it's the damn spider again, you should give me Firi; you were the only one of us who really hurt her."

Best would be Skandi with the akuma's head, or Symphony of Chimes. Although... the latter might be slightly inconvenient given his opinion of Sidereals. But she did want to talk to him.

Then again... you contacted him, and he had half an hour of obvious anima to find you, while you were running down to Cinnabar with Zhou. No Sidereals around then. You've done your part. His loss, and perhaps Nexus', but - remind me why you care about the latter, anymore? She'd meant to seek the aid of Chimes' network in finding her sister, but with matters as they stand... I don't think he actually has anything I want, right now. And nor does Nexus.

That's a somewhat surprising thought - but not, Eris realizes, a displeasing one.

Her lips curve in a small chilly smile as she watches the shadows, falling into a defensive stance; it would be ironic to miss Typhon in worry over a Lunar.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2013-02-27 at 09:38 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

As expected. The obvious question is "who are you?" but she somehow doubts that will get a useful answer. Isa has played the role of mysterious stranger a time or two herself; she knows how it works. If the woman wants to introduce herself, she can (and probably would have already). Instead...

"How do you know Burning Waters?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

???

"My dear girl," she says, the tip of her tongue tracing over her teeth. "Who do you think we are?"

Her brow furrows, and she gives Isa a sweeping bow, her cloak billowing around her, and vanishes.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skandi arrives at a dash, scanning the group as his anima's light steadily dims. "Sorry about that, everyone, I met an old friend and just couldn't let him be... Hello, deathknight! Would you please repeat to me what made Eris not want to kill you?"
    R.I.P. Skandi the Wolf of Return of the Scarlet Empress

Fate/Heroic: A homebrew conversion of the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system to the Fate/stay night setting.

Friendplug: Arpista Editing!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Black Ice Shadow

"Hello, Lunar. And I am not a deathknight. I am"

At his next words, his shoulders slump in resignation. He had rarely, before this night had to explain himself, and before Eris, had never had his subtle deflections been pierced through with prior knowledge.

"a Sidereal. Myself and the Dynast have urgent business in Yu-Shan, and if you are indeed Skandi the Wolf, your presence is required as well."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

"You do need to work on your diplomatic skills, Shadow," Eris sighs, swinging her daiklave back up to rest on her shoulder. "Skandi, may I introduce Black Ice Shadow, Chosen of Saturn; he's been spying in Thorns, he's the agent Isa mentioned. And... my sister, Tepet Firada, also known as the White Rose of Thorns." She nods to the unconscious Wood Aspect in Zhou's arms. "To whom I owe my life, about a thousand times over." She watches Skandi cautiously. Dragonsbane, they'd called him. He'd been fine with Risa and Zhou, but Firada is a Dynast.

"She was wounded fighting... an agent of Oblivion, you said, Shadow? The rest of her brotherhood was killed, but Shadow got her out alive. But Typhon is hunting them, and she wasn't able to heal her own wounds - if we can get her to the ship, Shadow says they can heal her in Yu-Shan."

"He also says there are divisions among the Sidereals, on whether to continue supporting the Realm or aid the Solars. I don't know how they feel about the Silver Pact...?" She raises an eyebrow at the Sidereal. "But he says Ayesha Ura, the Sidereal who manages the East and who wants to talk to us, thinks highly of Solars."

The little Eclipse shrugs. "I'm going with them. Shadow hasn't lied to me yet, except for one little half-truth, and I owe him for Firada and for his work against the Deathlords. No reliable guarantees of safety, of course, but it's not like staying in this area would be obviously healthier for me. I'm not going to try to talk you into it, though."

"Any luck with the akuma? And was your old friend the musical sort?"
    Last edited by Ifni; 2013-02-28 at 01:43 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skandi holds out his hand. "Pleased to meet you, Black Ice Shadow! I am indeed Skandi the Wolf." He looks at Firada. "And anyone who saves Solars and gets Typhon after her is a friend of mine."

"Emerald mentioned Ayesha... She sounds like a potential ally. Unless Ma-Ha-Suchi's as bad as everyone says."

"Anyway, I'd be glad to visit Yu-Shan. It seems like the sort of thing everyone ought to do at least once."

He smiles sunnily at Eris. "Yes, one of my musical friends. And the Akuma got away. Well, pulled me to her archer friend who hasn't been doing anything except using his Wood Dragon regenerative abilities and regaining motes. With luck, she'll come after us."
    R.I.P. Skandi the Wolf of Return of the Scarlet Empress

Fate/Heroic: A homebrew conversion of the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system to the Fate/stay night setting.

Friendplug: Arpista Editing!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Eris frowns. "Pity. I was hoping you could take her down. Let's run, then; I'd rather get Firada to at least comparative safety before a couple of akuma show up to help Typhon along."

"But one other request, to all of you, while we're alone - Firada is an Immaculate monk. Shadow says the Bronze, the Sidereals who sponsor the Realm and the Order, may not yet know about our relationship, or that she didn't kill me when she had the chance. If so, I'd... prefer that state of affairs to continue, for her sake, although I realize it may be impossible. Still, in the interests of not making it completely trivial for them, I'd appreciate it if you'd avoid the term "sister" - or my original name, Zhou, Shadow - in front of Isa. Or Stormwrack, or anyone in Yu-Shan, for that matter."

The Eclipse nods to Skandi. "I'd hoped to chat with one of your musical friends before leaving Nexus, but no matter. I'm glad to hear he's alive. Maybe he'll figure out for himself what I wanted to tell him, maybe not." She's smiling faintly as she turns to run the distance remaining to the docks.

She's planning to bring them out a little way along from the named pier; there are some warehouses for cover there. The most efficient way to ambush them would be to wait at the ship itself, although from Typhon's perspective, that would have the disadvantage of Emerald likely getting involved on their side.

Then again, he might not be chasing them at all; he's only one Exalt, and a diplomat more than a warrior, from what she knows of him. Which begs the question of exactly what he has been doing for the last hour or so...
    Last edited by Ifni; 2013-02-28 at 02:11 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show