New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Sniping into a stack question (also fireball)

The wording on the ranged attack description made us think that any creature within reach was fair game. Is this what is intended?

This makes it possible to snipe the demon roaches from the bottom of a stack, so they won't be there later to assist the topmost creature in a fight.

Relating to that is a question regarding V's fireball. It effects several creatures in a stack. Does V get to choose which (as we played), or does it effect the topmost n cards (as I now think)?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Sniping into a stack question (also fireball)

My answer would be that, as you are still attacking the monsters in that room, you would have to attack the topmost monster like a normal attack from in the room, and the fireball would hit the top X monsters. If you want a more official type answer I would suggest asking again in the rules questions thread...
    "Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!" -Matt Frewer

I'm whitey, and I appologize!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sniping into a stack question (also fireball)

Thanks for the ansver. I put the question into the rule questions thread. I wonder if I should deleate this one?