New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

We don't actually. We should. And I mean to, but posts can end up sitting in the queue for a long time if no one alerts us. Posting in here is usually sufficient though, as I certainly check this thread at least twice a day.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Cool, I would have alert you if you had not checked by tomorrow but hate to bother you if not needed thanks

Also for people who want to play CoA VII Deadilest Warrior is up
    Last edited by Robert Blackletter; 2013-03-05 at 04:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I've updated the Schedule, as promised. I PM'd Dragoon, as he was the last person I saw that actually asked to be added to the schedule, and asked if he still wished to submit a game. *Looks at Schedule* So sad.

Please, if anyone else would like to Schedule a game, let's get Werewolf going again.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

If it weren't for Shattered currently taking all our mental power we could probably have had three games (that aren't as prone to blowing up) starting in the next weeks in close succession of each other. but we want to see how this one functions, and how it breaks, so that it may be fixed when it undoubtedly does.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

I wouldn't suggest running three. I ran two at once, it becomes a chore instead of fun.

So I'm not just talking the talk.... I'll take the 8th of April.

And, just like after My Little Pony II, I'll make it a Reader's Choice for which game I run:

{table=head]Game Choice|Votes
    Assassins VI|II
    Choose Your Own Theme/Classic Variation|
    Convoy?|II
    Helgraf's Bomb III|I
    [/table]
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-03-11 at 01:43 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Convoy.
    Didn't get to do that last time.
    Despite everything, its still me.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

I guess I'll schedule Fruit Bowl Werewolf for the 18th.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

We'll I see how coa goes but I do have an idea for a bigger game. This is only half formed at the mo but two? teams, they start with a recruiter and seer, and every person successfully recruited get a power not all of which would be useful. As anything like that been done?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Can't say I've ever heard of one.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sounds a little like Center WW. What is the objective of those who haven't been recruited yet?
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2013-03-06 at 01:18 PM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

The villagers would as always want to kill the teams. As I said it only half formed at mo, but villagers would have the usual power roles possibly with a buff to seer
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Well, I've updated the Schedule, as promised. I PM'd Dragoon, as he was the last person I saw that actually asked to be added to the schedule, and asked if he still wished to submit a game. *Looks at Schedule* So sad.

Please, if anyone else would like to Schedule a game, let's get Werewolf going again.
    Thanks for the reminder, I'll take the 25th of March for Cyber Problems.

Anyone have a general guide for how many starting werewolves for games with recruitment somewhere by chance?
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

My vote is for Assassins VI.

I'll also take the April 1st slot for Civilization III: Mission to Mars.
    Also, it's been a while since I've run a game, how long do people usually have recruiting going on for? 2-3 weeks?
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

I usually start recruitment two weeks before game starts. If I don't get enough by then, I extend it another week, and consider how to cut the roles back to fit what I have.

I've found that extending recruitment for too long has killed games in the past.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Seconding Convoy.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Helgraf's Bomb still intrigues me. My vote goes there.

And while it's not werewolf, a friend and I created a game I might like to playtest here. Though it won't be any time soon. School is taking up too much time for me to run a game properly. I may post a draft of the rules this weekend in case anyone wants to help me with balancing out the numbers. I don't quite have an eye for that particular aspect of games.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2013-03-07 at 11:39 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Blackletter View Post
    The villagers would as always want to kill the teams. As I said it only half formed at mo, but villagers would have the usual power roles possibly with a buff to seer
    I would definitely take a look at Center WW, the ideas are along the same lines.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-03-08 at 08:09 AM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'd go for assassin's out of those.

Out of curiousity, how do people think a game with cumulative voting would go - each day everyone gets a vote, they get locked in at the end of the day, highest numbr dies as usual but all other votes carry through to the next day?
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    I'd go for assassin's out of those.

Out of curiousity, how do people think a game with cumulative voting would go - each day everyone gets a vote, they get locked in at the end of the day, highest numbr dies as usual but all other votes carry through to the next day?
    Carefully concentrated wolf voting could easily overwhelm villagers in the end game, without being revealing enough to out said wolves. Since the vote is supposed to be primarily a villager tool, you'd have to do something to counteract this.
    The BareFoot Programmer

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Carefully concentrated wolf voting could easily overwhelm villagers in the end game, without being revealing enough to out said wolves. Since the vote is supposed to be primarily a villager tool, you'd have to do something to counteract this.
    Wouldn't constant countervoting neutralize that?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I would definitely take a look at Center WW, the ideas are along the same lines.
    I have had a look at the rules, not totally the same so I wouldn't feel I'm stealing if I did develop it a bit more (but I'll be honest and say some of the roles may be adapted) My thoughts at the mo is two teams (poss something like the classic vampire vs werewolves but not definitly).

Both teams start with a alpha and seer. Each night the alpha may choose to kill or recruit. If they are successful the recruit is given a role. The success is reported to the alpha but not the role. While most role will be helpful some may have not be, or have rider effects that make them less useful. For example a beast role, but one that targets his teammates first if they are hiding in the bandwagon.

Also thinking of have a rule where if the alpha is killed than that team forfeits it powers that night as they deal with the lost of their leader

That what I got so far. Any good?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Larger mason team perhaps? (Or just having a mason team at all might be enough)

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Blackletter View Post
    Both teams start with a alpha and seer. Each night the alpha may choose to kill or recruit. If they are successful the recruit is given a role.
    I would suggest an upper limit for each team that they can't recruit beyond, to avoid villagers deciding the best course of action is to let the teams recruit everybody.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Wouldn't constant countervoting neutralize that?
    Any strategy town could take to neutralize the effects would hobble their ability to hunt wolves. The wolves movements, on the other hand, would be easy to hide in the normal shuffle of wagons and counter wagons.

Imagine a pair of day two wagons where a member of town survives the day. A lackluster voting round the next day then almost guarantees this player will die day four. If this player no longer seems suspicious, or has been exonerated in some way, town just lost a day.

The effects of the early game when many votes are flying around greatly outweigh the effects of later days. Given the information dynamic, wolves usually take an early lead. Therefore, a high number of town are likely to be in danger, with only one or two wolves available for lynching.

To close it out, the wolves just need to pick targets from villagers with low amounts of votes and even if the village knew exactly who the wolves were, they'd have difficulty mustering the votes to actually kill them.

Two days before the numbers would be equal, the wolves just have to split their block between two candidates that are already high. Even if town catches on, they can maybe make one wolf catch up in those two days, but afterwards the villager will be far beyond saving.

For an experimental game, you might get 20. That means 4-5 wolves and 5-6 days the village can lynch wrong. -2 for randa lynch -2 at the end. Better have a pretty good streak start on day 3.
    The BareFoot Programmer

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would suggest an upper limit for each team that they can't recruit beyond, to avoid villagers deciding the best course of action is to let the teams recruit everybody.
    I tried to get people to do that in Center; nobody likes the "easy out" even when defeat is inevitable. It's still a good precaution of course, I just don't think it will come to that.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zjoot View Post
    I tried to get people to do that in Center; nobody likes the "easy out" even when defeat is inevitable. It's still a good precaution of course, I just don't think it will come to that.
    I thought it worked, I guess I lost track of Center.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I was thinking mostly just classic roles but including one or two town double voters (might confuse a gradual vote too much though) and day-baner (either ignore votes on a player today or wipe their votes to zero. I'll have a bit more of a think though.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I thought it worked, I guess I lost track of Center.
    Anybody who really wanted to win joined the Anzjiels at the end. (I don't even know if I'm spelling that right)

Because of that, the ending was somewhat anticlimactic.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hello, everyone.

I figured since a new thread was up and everyone was getting organized, I thought I might as well pop in and say a couple of things.

First off, when I departed from these games, I was getting worried that there were getting to be too few people to play them in this forum. However, I am glad that there are some people determined to carry them on. Also, an updated schedule of what is going on is more likely to attract players, rather than a schedule that is months out of date. Smart move, there. I hope that this doesn't die, but it appeared to me that Werewolfing could be in its death throbes on this forum. I hope that this effort of everyone proves me wrong.

Second, since you are getting the archives organized, I might as well say that the two "City" games I ran, "City of Darkness" and "City of Shadows", I believe, should be grouped together. I was planning to run a third "City" game, "City of Chaos", but events made me drop it. I might be willing to run it here in the future, if I do return.

Finally, I am making this official: I have retired from Werewolf games. They no longer hold the charm to me that they used to, quite possibly from participating in so many over a couple of years and a change in workload in RL. I'll keep checking this thread every now and then, and if something really catches my eye, I might be able to be pursuaded out of retirement for one last game. However, it is unlikely; another forum and RL tasks have taken my attention (if you search for me, you might find me).

If I do return, though... prepare for the third round of the City... and perhaps something in the vein of Death Note...

Safe travels! May the villagers dodge the jaws! May the baners always protect! May the seers always find the enemy! And may the wolves always catch their prey!

Eternal Drifter
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

How about a max of a sixth of starting players or 4 wolf per team, what ever larger? Maybe a three day delay in recruiting after a team member death after you reached team cap.
    Spoiler
    Show