New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    She means overpowered as a verb, not an adjective. As in, the killers will overpower the villagers.
    Ah, yes. Isn't the English language wonderful...

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Guardian Angel - Once per day you can choose to either protect someone from the vigilante and killers. You win by all the Killers dying.
    I read the role wrong. I blame the "choose to either protect...." I somehow read that the other choice was to Kill. But there is no other choice, is there.

So yeah, never mind about the Seer/Killer/Baner idea. She's obviously a Day-Baner.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I could use... another replacement for Monty Werewolf.

Edit: The position has been filled.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-07-09 at 05:47 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll be an...

Oh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

We may be away for a few days at most. If it becomes a longer time frame we will post a massage for that.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    We may be away for a few days at most. If it becomes a longer time frame we will post a massage for that.
    Spoiler
    Show

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm. Message, massage. Obviously it's the error fates telling us we should take more time away from the forums.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

But... it was such a nice massage.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes it was. At any rate we should be mostly back to normal.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Would people be interested in a sequel to Careless Village? I've made a few edits/changes & have most of rules & roles figured out.

Changes: no originals (bad idea overall, since it stops fake-claiming & allows known roles, which worked against original wolves). There's 2 teams of equal size & strength, both w/ recruitment of neutrals, and goal is last team standing. No masons, as those didn't work out. At all. There's now 60 spots. Lots of power roles, & some planned events

Signup's still join & pick a role #. Players can join after game's started. Players can get new role after dying. Game begins 24 hours after 15th person signs up.

Thinking of posting thread as current WW games near end.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd probably play.
    A few odds and ends.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Can we... not have a fake mason? That in itself made being a mason the worst thing ever.

You said that, already.

And if there are neutrals, make sure they know if there are people who are going to kill them.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-07-18 at 08:30 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've been thinking about starting a game of Ultimate Greed for awhile now and am wondering if there would be any interest here.
    Would also need someone who'd be willing to volunteer to write the actual narrations (I can keep track of all the numbers involved but you're welcome to help with that too if you want). I can write boring 3-4k word essays fine but I just can't write a half decent creative piece even if my life depended on it
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

How does Ultimate Greed work?
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

15. - Top - End - #225

Rules from the last game. There may be minor changes/balances but the basics ain't going to be too different.
    Spoiler
    Show

The aim of this game is to get as much money as possible.

In the game, there are three roles you can be:

King: Only one of this role. This person is the one who controls the main flow of money. He also starts with the power level of 10.
    Duke: There are 5 of this role. Each gets money from the King, and gives it to the dukes.
    Noble: They take the money, and complain when they don't have enough. They also pm their support for rebellions, and can spy on others.

Right. So those are the three roles.

Everyone also has a Power Level, which can be 1 - 10. Everyone knows their own power levels. Dukes know their noble's power levels. Kings know everyone's power levels.

So now that's out of the way...

Basic principle:

A year, or round, begins.
    The King gets money! Wooo! A whole 100-200 of it! He then has 24 hours to give out money to the Dukes. But, also, the Dukes get 3-5 Gold, and the Nobles get 1-3 Gold.
    After this, the Dukes have 24 hours to give money to the nobles.
    Note on Gold Distributions - Please pm also the Narrators with how much money you're giving to people. We'll need to update the excel sheet.
    After the gold distributions, you get 24 hours to banter and talk about how wonderful life is under your Duke/King, before the end of the round.

But what if it isn't?

Well, you can go Rebel! Nobles go rebel against Dukes, Dukes rebel against Kings, Kings rebel against the Narrators.
    You can, if you wish, attack anyone. This works exactly the same as a rebellion, only with different people. So yes, you can now attack that noble if you’re a Duke. You can also attack that noble if you’re that king.

Rebellion!

Well, let's pretend that I am a greedy Ruler, and Bob wants more money. Bob Declares a Rebellion against Castaras, in nice red writing, so that the narrator can see what's happening. If a Rebellion is declared, the day is extended. Everyone has 48 hours to do one of three things: Support the Rebellion, Oppose the Rebellion, Or remain Neutral.

Nobles can pm who they support to the narrators. Dukes and Kings announce in the thread.

After 48 hours pass, the total power level of each side is added up. Whoever has the highest power level wins.

So lets say that Bob has just won his rebellion against Castaras. He can now choose who dies on Castaras' side. So he could kill Castaras. Or he could kill Fred, who hurt him in another game somewhere. Or he could kill George for stabbing him in stabbity death.

But if Castaras had won, she could choose who dies on Bob's side, just as Bob can choose who he kills.

So Bob decides that Castaras, that greedy ruler, is going to die. Splat, she's dead. Her money goes to Bob, who can do what he wants with it. He also can gives land to those on his side - Or give power levels adding up to a total of Castaras' power level.

Or, to put it more simply: Castaras has power level 4. Bob has four points of power to give to people - He could give Harry +1 power level, Sam +2 power level, and John +1 power level. Or he could give Sam +4 power level. But he couldn't give Sam +4 power level as well as giving Harry +3 power level - He's only got 4 in total to give out.

So, Castaras is dead. Who takes her place? Well, anyone. The winner of a rebellion offers the position opened to anyone they like. So Bob could become the ruler in Castaras' place. Or he could let Sam become the ruler.

Base Power Levels has been capped at 20 to prevent another end game massacre.

Right. That's kinda sounding more complicated than it actually is. Moving on:

Money!

"My Gold!", Quoth She.

Money. As you know, King's get 100-200 gold each round, Dukes 3-5 Gold each round, Nobles 1-3 gold each round.

What do you do with this gold?

Well. It is the main thing you need to win the game.

Buuuut...You can also use it for other things:

- Power level bonus!: You can spend up to 50GC to get a temporary power level bonus, at 10GC per point. Pm a narrator to do this.
    - Give to other players!: Trade gold for secret alliances. Give gold as a gift to someone. Just pm the narrators as well as the recipient, and away ye go!
    - Buy NPCs!: Now here we have the crunchy part. You can buy, for 5 GC, one, and one NPC only. These NPCs give special abilities:
    NPCs
    Spoiler
    Show

Each NPC has a different effect. They can also level, up to level 10.
    Thief – Steals gold from player (you choose a player, and depending on the level of the NPC, you get an amount of gold from the other player equal to Thief’s Levelx 1.5.
    Enforcer – Protects player from Thieves. If a thief attacks you, depending on the thieves level, and the enforcer’s level, you have a chance of evading the theft, and avoiding losing your money. Having an enforcer will always tell you the identity of the thief.
    Soldier – Increases your power level by Soldier’s Level/2.

These NPCs gain a level when…
    Thief – Every successful steal
    Enforcer – Every successful protect
    Soldier – Everytime you’re on the side of the successful rebellion/invasion/fight

So yeah, gold is useful stuff. But remember – You need the most gold in the game to win. So try not to spend too much!

The Noble’s Spying ability
    If a Noble wishes, for 5GC, they can go ‘spy’ on another noble, duke, or the king. Spying will tell you either How much gold someone has, Which NPC someone has, or How high someone’s base power level is.

Personalities
    Spoiler
    Show

At the beginning of the game each player can pick one of the following personalities. These personalities will give you a minor bonus and in some cases, drawbacks for the game.
    Merchant - Greater personal gold supply per round. (Nobles: 2-5 GC, Dukes: 5-9 GC, King: 10GC)
    Warmonger - Your power level gets a +4 bonus for any attack you initiate and a +2 bonus for any attack you support.
    Rogue - Thief NPCs steal 2GC per level. 25% automatic failure chance for any thievery op against you.
    Mystic - Access to Mage NPC - Destroys % of gold of target equal to Mage Level at 50% success rate. Your target will not be informed of failed attempts.
    Pacifist - Cannot initiate attacks. Your power level gets a +6 bonus for any attack you oppose.
    Scavenger - You gain 5-15GC for each attack on which you are on the winning side.
    Freak - Your power level will differ from your base by -25% to +50% every round.

Additional Side Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Feuders - You have an ongoing dispute on a piece of land on your borders. Should one of the feuders die, the other will gain ownership of the disputed land (10% bonus to your current gold)
    Lovers - You have known each other since childhood and wish for nothing more than to be with the one you love when this is all over. You win and die together. (Lovers may not donate money to each other for obvious reasons)
    Rebels - You hate the current king and would love nothing more than his death. Should the King die, you gain a 10% bonus to your current gold.
    Loyalists - You have pledged your lives to guarding the King from all outside threats. Should the King survive until the end of the game, you gain a 10% bonus to your ending gold to determine the winner.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Pixie in the Playground

So is there a number we're shooting for with the gold?

Also, does that mean the King can attempt to become the Narrator?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    So is there a number we're shooting for with the gold?

Also, does that mean the King can attempt to become the Narrator?
    There is no set number. The aim is to end the game with most gold. The game ends after 3 consecutive rounds where there is no rebellion/attacks (or when all the remaining players agree to end the game) so a game can last 3 rounds (never going to happen ) or it can last 30 rounds.

The King can certainly try but the narrator's power is always total kd power + 1
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2013-07-18 at 11:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Can we... not have a fake mason? That in itself made being a mason the worst thing ever.

You said that, already.

And if there are neutrals, make sure they know if there are people who are going to kill them.
    Yeah... tried to fix it, realized was too much work, then just axed masons in favor of more interesting power roles.

Neutrals are in game (recruits!) & people with someone trying to kill them know someone's trying to kill them. I learned my lesson.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I've been thinking about starting a game of Ultimate Greed for awhile now and am wondering if there would be any interest here.
    Would also need someone who'd be willing to volunteer to write the actual narrations (I can keep track of all the numbers involved but you're welcome to help with that too if you want). I can write boring 3-4k word essays fine but I just can't write a half decent creative piece even if my life depended on it
    I'd play.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

I'd be in for a game of Ultimate Greed too.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ultimate Greed sounds fun, as well as starting up Careless.
    Hopefully all links to this sickness will be gone by then.
    Also, yes the majority of us are sick as of two or so days ago posts may not happen as much as they would normally.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

In for Careless Village, Ultimate Greed sounds fun although I fear nigh-endless power level jokes.

23. - Top - End - #233

I'll be in for Ultimate Greed. After all, my avatar came about because of that game.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Recruiting for Circle of Assassins XI has begun!
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Has there been a game that has 'no rules' but punishes players for breaking them?

Let's say the rules for this ruleless game are suggested by the players (via PM) when they enter, and at least one of the suggestions are added to the rule list at that time.

This game would not necessarily be a werewolf game.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Has there been a game that has 'no rules' but punishes players for breaking them?

Let's say the rules for this ruleless game are suggested by the players (via PM) when they enter, and at least one of the suggestions are added to the rule list at that time.

This game would not necessarily be a werewolf game.
    So... Mao?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes, hearing about that game is what made us think of getting something like it here.
    Only we forgot the name, and haven't played Mao.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

I tried running a Mao game here but it died when too many players were inactive. I'd play or help you run it if you ran one though. It's most fun when you chuck out the "standard" rules of Mao and have the players suggest the rules. It's also fun to put in a few of your own and tell different players different rules.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Rules from the last game. There may be minor changes/balances but the basics ain't going to be too different.

-snip-
    So narration could be a combination of open warfare, court intrigue, espionage, poisonings, beheadings, marriage, betrayal, exile, assassinations, more poisonings, et cetera?

I could write that.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Careless Citadel WW has been submitted for approval!