New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #841
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a DM

This isn't a thread I created, but we are looking for a DM here. It's a 5e campaign where the characters, rather than leaving home, return to their home/hometown to see how everything has changed. There's a large opportunity for world building and being role-play heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by RickAllison View Post
    Call to adventure, story hooks, mentor that can be killed off as a call to action, it has everything!

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Having a lot of roleplaying desires lately and the most recent is a urge to try Warhammer 40k's Black Crusade through Post-playing. Even if it is a solo of PC and GM with a pre-made adventure, I wouldn't mind.

Trying to relearn the lore and essence of the series as well along the way, but more importantly - have some fun in the experience as a servant of the Ruinous Powers!

Please PM if interested. More able around the weekends and EST daytime usually.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hey there!

I'm looking for a DM who is interested in running a solo game with me in D&D 3.5.

I was hoping to play a intrigue-rich, shades of gray style of game with a lot of focus on sneakiness and good storytelling.

If you are interested, let me know via PM or here.

Cheers,
    //f_io

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

Seeking GM for Shadowrun! 4 or 5e, whichever you prefer, and otherwise, most details are up to you.

Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post22019091

6. - Top - End - #846
    Pixie in the Playground

DIABLO under D&D

WoC published 3 books and a box game back in Y2K. Does anyone have it, and can we play it in here? I call Necromancer!
    Diablo II Diablerie

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for a GM for a Solo 3.5 D&D game. Rule-light or rule-strict GMing, I accept any kind.

The character of the game is supposed to be some alien presence in a form of Ozodrin/Gramarist(Or Anabolist). Game less combat focused and more intrique, puzzles and such if possible, but combat CAN happen.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

8. - Top - End - #848
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Looking for someone willing to run a game of Scion for me. I'm okay with a 1 on 1 game or inviting other people for a group.

For rules my first preference would be the ones from the Scion 2.0 fan project, if not that then my preference would be for the JSR rules (can supply on request)

9. - Top - End - #849
    Banned

Hello folks, I'm looking for a GM to host a game based on the Bleach manga/anime using the Bleach D20 Classless system, which can be found here.

I'm open to the nature of the setting. What I thought would be interesting, would be a game exploring the aspects of Rukongai, players playing as Rukongai residents who suddenly develop rapidly increasing reiatsu due to an event such as the Quincy War in the aftermath. This would lead to a rising gang culture with the game focused on rivalries, quests for power, honor, that sort of thing. One player has expressed interest in a more open setting, and thus I'm totally open to whatever a GM may find suitable for his/her game. The above system has a lot of material, and is fairly balanced so long as you keep an eye out for serious cheese. Thanks for the read, and look forward to whomever would be awesome enough to take on the challenge, thanks!

The interest thread is here.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello there, as my username shows, my name is Pike and I'm currently seeking a GM and a group to play Pathfinder with. Currently, I'm hoping to play through one of several adventure paths released by Paizo; Jade Regent (leaving out the Caravan rules if possible as I've been informed they're not a good rule subset during actual play though keeping the relationship building with NPCs), Wrath of the Righteous (using Mythic rules but avoiding the Mass Combat rules if possible as I've been informed they're used and I honestly do not like them), Curse of the Crimson Throne, and Hell's Vengeance. I prefer a dedicated group of writers for PbP roleplays, so I prefer at least a post a day, if not multiple posts per day. I would like to keep our group of players, counting myself, at a maximum of six with a single GM, as in my experience, more than six players quickly becomes hectic and impossible to keep up with and not step on toes. A word of warning, while I have experience playing games such as Pathfinder, D&D 3.5 and 5th edition, Star Wars FFG, and various other tabletop games on Roll20, this will be my first PbP experience with them as my past experiences with PbP roleplays have been freeform.

I'm able to be contacted on this site through the private messages, and once someone contacts me and if they're willing, I'm willing to share my Discord information and create a server on there for us to keep in contact with everyone in the group. Personally, I would highly prefer the use of Discord to keep in contact as I am always logged onto the desktop program.

Since I'm sure there would be some preference towards knowing what I like to play or would like to play, at the moment, I'm leaning towards some sort of bard or rogue focused upon being the party's hub for knowledge checks and such. Less showy and singy as a bard, more of a scholarly bent sort of fellow who acts as a scribe and recorder of things he discovers and witnesses during the campaign.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Request filled.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2017-07-19 at 03:19 AM.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Shot in the dark, seeking a 5th Edition campaign as I'm just getting back into rpgs. Any kind of character vacancy would be fine, but I'd probably prefer a fairly vanilla, low level game to start.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Pixie in the Playground

Exactly the same as Beam in the above post.

Seeking a 5th edition game, prefer standard rules with whatever UA you like. Any level.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Seeking GM : Self-Insert *Multiverse*
    The Big Sixteen Is Coming Up

Self-Insert

You are a normal person discovering that you have some kind of wonderful power or talent(s) that you never have had before. As it turns out, a BBEG from one of the fictional settings has set himself up as the Emperor of all reality. He has, or will have the artifact that makes him the most powerful villain out of all the BBEG's. Unlike most multiverse settings this multiverse setting will have a finite number of settings. The starting point is always Earth, but this could be a Fantasy OR Sci Fi setting.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I got this thing, lots of solo game ideas, willing to swap:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-High-level-PF

Come on, GMs, bite the oversized fish. Bite, darn you, bite!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Looking for a DM to run literally anything 3.5 or Pathfinder

17. - Top - End - #857
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beam View Post
    Shot in the dark, seeking a 5th Edition campaign as I'm just getting back into rpgs. Any kind of character vacancy would be fine, but I'd probably prefer a fairly vanilla, low level game to start.
    If you are still interested I am seeking players for a fifth edition campaign. I want to find at least 3 people to start gearing up for either a tomb of annihilation or storm kings thunder game. or if the party wants to play through whatever. Im down. I would like to stick to a module if possible, at least to start. Once we get a feel for the players and what not, I can start adding in our own stories and all that. hit me up if your interested. Im available to play Saturday evening and Sun eve and afternoon PST

18. - Top - End - #858
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking for a GM for Shadowrun 5e.

I know myself and at least two others are interested. One of them, with minimal experience tried to GM for a group of five (our normal D&D group), but two were uninterested in Shadowrun in general and the GM felt that his lack of experience was making it not as fun as it could be for the players.

Currently there is a plethora of DMs for D&D but a profound lack of Shadowrun GMs where we tabletop game. The only GM that runs Shadowrun currently has two groups, both filled to capacity.

I don't think any of us have a strong preference for campaign type/style, but we would like a GM who would be available (preferably on weekends) to run.

Thanks,

Raz

19. - Top - End - #859
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hello!
    Me and a friend are looking for a GM to run a Duo D&D 3.5 Campaign.

We have been talking about it a lot and are a bit hyped up by this point
    Setting wise, we are looking for a world where orcs are the main barbarian culture, and looked at by the civilized races as brutal, blood-thirsty monsters which is perfectly fine (indeed, maybe even necessary) to periodically slaughter. We are looking for an atmosphere of severe racism (well, specism, really) and probably religious fundamentalism as well.

One of the characters is Meagu, an orc warblade which grew up in a temple after the destruction of his warcamp in his early years. Venturing the world, he has developed a cynical view and a firm belief in strength as the only rule in life: might makes right, no matter what kind of "might" one possess. Physical, magical, political, economical.
    With a firm rejection of the civilized world, but no living tie to the orcish culture he feels drawn to, he wanders from quest to quest, seeking out orcish regalia of the past while he searches, unknowingly, to find out who he really is.
    Ubenknownst to him, his deeds craft him something of a legend among the orcish people. As the game progresses, I'd like for that legend to drop unespected responsabilities in Meagu's lap, pushing him to take charge and do his part to shape the future of the orcs in the region. Quite possibly bringing down a religious organization or a temporal power, but also finding a way to solev the desperate lack of organization and resources of the orcish people.

The second character is Scherise, a divine spellcaster and possibly a psion; an idealist that tries to observe the intent of the divine tenents, and not its letter, as does the church of this setting.
    Scherise's firm valors end up putting her in a bad spot despite her remarkable skills, which is where the two characters enter each other's life. Maegu sides with her, saving her life, and the two begin to travel together.
    Their differences are many, but the respect they are willing to give means they enrich the other rather than cause attrition... at least most of the times. Scherise begins to change Maegu's black and white worldview and teach him the merits of compromises; he shows her the limits of her idealistic views, and grounds her valor to a few harsh realities.

Something deeper than companionship is starting to grow between the two, though we definitely want to see whether the story pulls them together or pushes them away.
    We are looking for a game that focuses on combat, political and social repercussions, moral choices and consequences, and leaves a bit of room for drama and romance.

You can find the related thread here, though as you'll see the idea is evolving and taking shape from the original pitch (have I mentioned we are hyped up? 'cause we totally are).

Thanks for reading!

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

Seeking a GM for a Persona game because ours went MIA. It:s an half custom system, but we'll possibly change to what the GM prefers.

Check out the OOC:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...king-title-OOC

And what little there is of the IC, THOUGH WE CAN DISCARD IT (writing big so it gets noticed):
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Fool-s-Journey

21. - Top - End - #861
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay guys, I'm asking everyone to put the word out. I'm looking for dm/gm to run a Pendragon campaign or Mutant Year Zero campaign. I'm open to a solo campaign or even a group one. I can post daily.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

Are there any GMs for Twilight (2000 or 2013) game?

One-shot is acceptable. I'm complete newb regarding the game and there is at least 1 other interested player.

Volunteers...?

GM found.
    It's me.
    Last edited by Lacco; 2017-07-25 at 04:10 PM.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

We need a master for a fate/ game (master and servant fate) whatever system he wishes

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...e-a-Grail-War!

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey GMs, I'm looking for someone who can run a game of A Song of Ice and Fire by Green Ronin. Here's the link.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post22202386

Seeking a GM for Disney V.S Cthulhu.
    Inspired by Once Upon A Time.
    I've been informed that I'm a really good idea guy and story teller, but I need more training, experience and wherewithal as a GM. So I ask to be your Co-GM. I would make the story line, while the GM would run everything.
    The Great Old Ones are beginning to awaken. If The Outer Gods awaken, then the world and every other world is doomed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SuSREvCa_E
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2017-08-15 at 01:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Greetings!

I'm looking for a GM and other players interested in launching a Numenera game. I saw a couple that recently started, maybe there are some players that weren't able to get into those before they filled up?

I'm thinking something that starts at the ground level. I can post daily or every other day.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Hey everyone! I've got a group of great people seeking a GM for an ongoing online Dragon Age RPG campaign. We would run it internally, but the truth is, nobody has the time right now. We all love Dragon Age, and we'd really like to get a weekly game going on Monday evenings! We use Roll20 for most of our games and have a dedicated Discord server. The only potential hang up is that we prefer to play via text, which does make things a little slower, but it allows for much deeper and rewarding RP. Let me know if you're interested by sending me a PM, or add me on Discord at Anonymous Goblin#3641 . Thanks!
    Last edited by TylertheCreator; 2017-08-19 at 12:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

We are people, ordinary people who are transported to Star Wars with some form of Super Powers to back us up. This is a multiverse, but we start in Star Wars, maybe in a ship, depending on the votes of the players. Although we start in Star Wars, we begin with powers from any reasonable franchise. For example, you can have the power of a Sith like Darth Sidious, or you could have the power of the Avatar from Avatar, the Last Airbender, etcetera.
    Goals would start out as survival, then move on to greater things like our personal agendas, exploring, etcetera.

This is a Star Wars Reboot RP, in which we have our own power templates from various franchises of fiction. The RP takes place during the end of the Prequel Era. In place of Count Dooku dying from Anakin Skywalker, he is defeated and the Separatists are defeated, Darth Sidious takes control over the Galactic Republic but instead of wiping out the Jedi, they manage to fight back, despite being exiled by the Republic. Any attempts to reveal Palpatine as a traitor are defeated by Palpatine's small army of Dark Side users.

We might even be able to prevent Palpatine from becoming permanent Emperor over the former Republic, if we choose.

For character creation, you choose a name, sex, personality, history, and power template. Like this:

Name: Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus
    Sex: Male
    Personality:
    Refined, elegant, sophisticated, ingenious. Count Dooku is a powerful, and charismatic leader, as well as a villainous gentleman. He attempted to conquer the Republic and rebuild the Galaxy as an Empire in his image. He was defeated.
    History:
    Count Dooku was one of the most gifted students of the Jedi Academy that they ever produced. He was a good man with noble goals, believing in Democracy and the laws of the Republic. However, upon the death of Qui Gon Jinn, he became embittered and became Darth Tyranus, Dark Lord of the Sith, and lead the Separatists against the Republic for years.
    Template:
    Count Dooku
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dooku/Legends
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is what Count Dooku's Character Creation section would look like. As for who you choose as a Template to get your powers from, we'll play it by ear. Just choose someone. If they are too powerful I will veto it.

Here's another idea.

Name: Jacob Thorald
    Sex: Male
    Personality: Jacob is studious, polite, and charming, although he isn't well educated in many areas of life due to his disabilities getting in the way, he is very well versed in history, poetry and literature. He studies often, and likes to engage in conversation, both light and heavy, to the point where some are either endeared or annoyed. Philosophizing is a favorite past time of his.
    History: ((Remember we are people from Earth. ))
    Jake was born in New Mexico in the United States of America, thirty years ago. He had a happy childhood and studied religions, and history from a very young age. However, tragedy struck and left him disabled with conditions that he has kept mysterious from his family for years. Jacob, or Jake, as his nickname is, discovered that he is the recipient of a mysterious entity's powers, giving him the ability to to fight and manipulate sorcery like Quan Chi, from Mortal Kombat. In addition, the mysterious being also cured him of his medical conditions.
    Template: Quan Chi

29. - Top - End - #869
    Colossus in the Playground

Seeking a DM for a game of 3.5 D&D, gestalt, and VERY high powered. Like, Hypermundane powered.

Link here.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

30. - Top - End - #870
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

I was wondering if anyone was up to gming a ptu game.i haven't been able to play in a while an it's killing me inside.