New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Seeking GM for a silly gestalt 3.5 game, where players are performers and the monsters come to them. Thanks in advance!
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    Playing Thorn in Knee Breakers

more

2. - Top - End - #902
    Halfling in the Playground

Daemon

Edit: This post has been deleted after having found a DM.
    Last edited by The Harrowing; 2018-01-23 at 02:50 AM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The DM for the From Zero to Hero recruitment, Anonomuss, has other responsibilities, and will not be able to start this D&D 4th edition Forgotten Realms game to be set in 1479 DR. We are seeking a new DM. Characters have been submitted as "level 0" per the opening post.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Need a GM for A Black Crusade Game with Rogue Trader Ships. Core PCs have been Finished and we have a discord.

Here's the Thread and heres the discord
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-01-22 at 01:22 AM.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

5. - Top - End - #905
    Dwarf in the Playground

Currently looking for a Gm or Gm's for this potential game - Overlord

Have discussed directions in which we could go and I am personally flexible either way.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not the OP of the thread, but this 40k Deathwatch game is looking for a GM. Anyone willing to aceept the Emperor's call?

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

7. - Top - End - #907
    Pixie in the Playground

Anybody else here looking for a more low-powered game of Pathfinder? I mean I'm not that picky but it seems like the default around here is like 25 point buy and gestalt with extra money. Maybe it evens out buy is anybody else in to like a 15 point buy or 4d6b3 campaign?

8. - Top - End - #908
    Pixie in the Playground

We're 3 friends who have played MtA and VTM with eachother for a long while, and now we're looking for an opportunity for us to play without one of us being the ST.

We are hoping to find a storyteller to run a weekly long-term MtA 20th edition game where we'd start out as a newly awakened group who gets picked up and shipped off to the Fors Collegis Mercuris, the Hermetic academy based on a moon orbiting Mercury. The optimal timeframe for play would be sundays from 6pm to midnight CET ( 12pm to 5pm Eastern Standard Time ). Game medium would be discord, skype or another voice chat client, preferably ( though not required ) using Roll20 to easily manage character sheets, handouts and battlemaps.

If you're interested then the fastest way of getting in contact with me is by adding me on Discord with the tag Alzuule #2135

Thread: /showthread.php?551335
    Last edited by Alzuule; 2018-02-17 at 02:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

Our Strange Aeons pathfinder GM appears to've cut contact and dropped us in the middle of our first melee for no apparent reason (party getting along fine, game barely started).

More info here.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Anybody who would be willing to run a game of Iron Gods would be gladly appreciated!

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

Any 'Lords of creation' been happening lately?
    Would be keen to get into one of those again.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for a GM to run a Ultra Grimdark Rogue Trader/Deathwatch game set in Warhammer 50k.

PM me or make a reply in this thread Please.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ts-not-a-typo)
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    Games that I am in

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I've been wanting to play a high powered 3.5 game. Preferably mid, high or even epic level. If anyone is willing, just PM me.

14. - Top - End - #914

PirateCaptain

Looking for a GM for a RuneQuest Classic game.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking for a GM willing to run a pathfinder game, anybody willing to run the Kingmaker Module would be appreciated. If interested, please PM thank you.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Searching for a GM for a Post apocalyptic M&M 3e game. PM or post on the Thread. Thank you in advance.
    Thread:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-After-the-End
    Games that I am in

17. - Top - End - #917
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

18. - Top - End - #918

Spoiler
    Show

This is a land of blood and ash. A land where the remains of civilizations long past cast ominous shadows as they jut from the ground like the broken bones of titans. Sweltering summer days that threaten to bleed the life from the earth are cut short by the long dark nights of blisteringly cold winter.

The towns that manage to survive are crowded. People pressed close together and almost stacked one upon another in an attempt to fit as many people into the protective walls as possible.

Food is expensive and powerful Guilds control all trade. The people are taxed heavily by Nobility more concerned with maintaining their own status and power than they are with protecting the people whose backs they stand upon.

Priests pray for the souls of the damned and some do what they can to ease the suffering of the masses. Others use their powers to curry favor and influence and make their lives more comfortable.

Because as bad as things might be, out there - beyond the walls…. Things are much, much worse.

The heavy shadows of oppressive forests give respite to the beasts and bogies of children's stories.

Under the fields and farms, great expanses of cave systems stretch, home to countless hordes of goblins and worse.

In the ruins of burned out watchtower and the crumbling remains of ancient cities, the creatures make their homes, and press just a little closer to overthrowing civilization again, as they have so many times before.

They kidnap travellers, whose fates are better left unsaid. Attack caravans and when enough are gathered, attack towns in the hopes of burning all to the ground.

This is a land that is wild, untamable, and one in which we can only hope to survive. Our plans of conquering and subjugating the world have long since faded. We are intruders. Interlopers. Strangers whose days are surely numbered.

Those who came before - paragons of power and virtue -had carved out a tiny wedge in the wild expanse, a tiny ray of hope amidst the ever encroaching darkness.
    But their small victory had led them to stumble and falter, believing their conquest inevitable.

They were wrong. So very, very wrong. The forests fought back with branch and vine, the mountains rebelled, earth heaving under solid stone. The sea rose up and heaved wave after wave against their towns, breaking them with it's relentless power.

Things crawled out of the crevices and caverns and materialized like spectres from the deepest shadows. They howled out a bloody, violent response to our fore bearers “conquest “, and we learned how very wrong we were.

Men and women fought valiantly, with steel and spell, prayer and bloody sacrifice, but ever forward the forces came. As relentless as the turning of the seasons, until the great and powerful empires that came before were pushed back. Step by step. Torn one stone from another, until we are what remain.
    Now, most of those who remain crowd behind the heavy stone walls of the towns and cities, making due as best they can with what had been passed down to them.

Some hardy, brave or just plain stubborn folk brave the long, dark nights far behind our defenses, working their fields to provide what they can.

A few - those with nothing left. With no claim to lands or titles. Those whose inheritance has been long since spent, or those with no other path in life - and those who awaken in this world with no memory of their past lives - take up sword and shield and stride forth into the wilds.

They fight back the darkness, trying to hold it at bay for just a little longer, but it is not without reward. For underneath the ruins and fallen spires of those who came before are layer after layer of civilizations that came before them. Like toppled trees, one upon another, each of them failed to survive, but in their remains, lay hope.

Artifacts and creations long since lost, powerful tomes and treasures lost to the ages lay among the ruins for those brave or foolhardy enough to search for them.

Those who beat the odds, who are successful and survive may even rise above their station. They can become heroes…. If they can survive.

Now that you've made it past the intro - I was inspired by the intro to the Torchbearer RPG, and now I'm hoping to find a Dm who would like to run a game in a dark, gritty fantasy setting inspired by an anime like Grimgar and Sword Art Online. The character awakens in this world and is effectively press ganged into being adventurers, since there is no other job for them to do, however the circumstances lead to that.It doesn't matter to the world if they live or die, so they have to struggle and fight for a place to call their own.

Spoiler: ”Questions”
    Show

1.) What game system would you like to use??
    Honestly, I wouldn’t mind a D20 system - d20 modern is one of my favorites, but really only for the talents. I think there are some awesome talent trees, and that they can give characters quite a bit of variety.
    As far as other mechanics, the 3.5 / pathfinder systems seem to work well, so, with any luck, we can find a mashup of them all that will serve as a frame to hang our story on.
    I’m open to learning new systems as well, if you have one that you think might work better.

I would like to play a game that has the premise pulled from some of the popular LitRPG anime that I’ve seen. From SaO, where characters are people trapped in a virtual reality game of death, to Log Horizon (where characters are aware that they’re in an online game, but they’re trapped). There are also shows like Grimgar, where characters find themselves in a fantasy world with no memory of the lives they lived previously, and no choice but to fight to survive.
    Familia Myth is another great dungeon based fantasy Anime, that would work beautifully with something like the E6 system (since characters are aware of levels, stats ect). I’ve seen a few games like this have interest on the forums, but they never last long - as with many play by post games, players disappear quickly. Life happens, and I get that, but I would sincerely enjoy the chance to play a long running game and explore one of these worlds.

2.) What 'type' or variant of game will it be?

Honestly, I think something like the E6 system might work well to keep the game from ever getting insane, and to keep the power level low. No matter how amazing you may be, you’re still mortal, and still facing dangerous creatures more powerful than yourself.

3.)How many Players are you looking for?
    Uno. Just myself. I understand that it creates more of a burden for the dm, in descriptions and interaction, but it really seems like things like combat and problems work out so much faster in solo games.

4.) What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    Because of my work schedule, I’m able to get on the giant boards regularly, but I can never plan to be available at any given time, since I have no control over my schedule.

5.) What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Well, starting at level 1 seems like it would work best.

6.) How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

To be determined.

7.) Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    This really depends on the system and what the GM would like to use. I’m leaning toward a character that doesn’t have insane magical power, relying on his own might and cunning to survive.

8.) What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    I’ll probably play a human, though I’ve always had an interest in Halfling Opportunist. So, 90% chance of playing a human. 8% chance of playing a halfling, if the opportunist class is possible in the future. 100% chance of all that depending on the system.

9.) By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    By whatever method works best for the system. I will be honest, I enjoy playing characters that are exceptional.

10.) Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    If you want, I suppose we could use alignment, but I think people are far more complex than the alignment system. Even the most righteous man could commit atrocities, given the motivation.

11.) Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    No particular rules.

12.) Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    I’m just fine with making rolls on the giant boards, but I figure that there are going to be times where it’s going to be convenient to roll ourselves - messed up rolls, or whatever. If you say you rolled it and go with it, I’m fine with that.

13.) Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

I had an idea based on a couple talents from the star wars saga edition game that I wouldn’t mind testing. I like the idea of a swordsman / knife fighter with the ability to hold his own.

I know that Armor class in D20 systems is a reflection of your character constantly trying to stay alive, but if possible, I wouldn’t mind using these mechanics with a slight cost - say using the stamina point system from pathfinder or something.

Spoiler
    Show

Block:
    As a reaction, you may negate a melee attack by making a successful attack roll. The DC is equal to the result of the attack roll you wish to negate, and you take a cumulative -5 penalty on your roll for every time you have used Block or Deflect since the beginning of your last turn. You may use this talent to negate an attack against an adjacent character. you must have a weapon drawn to use this talent, and you must be aware of the attack and not flat footed.

You may use the Block talent to negate melee area attacks, such as those made by the Whirlwind attack feat. If you succeed on your attack roll, you take half damage if the attack hits, and no damage if the attack misses.

Deflect:
    As a reaction, you may negate a ranged attack by making a successful Attack Roll. The DC is equal to the result of the attack roll you wish to negate, and you take a cumulative -5 penalty on your roll for every time you have used Block or Deflect since the beginning of your last turn. You may use this talent to negate an attack against an adjacent character. you must have a weapon drawn to use this talent, and you must be aware of the attack and not flat footed.

Armed defense:
    As a swift action, you can use your weapon to parry your opponents attacks, gaining a +1 deflection bonus to your Defense until the start of your next turn. You must have a weapon drawn to use this talent, and you don’t gain the deflection bonus if you are flat footed or otherwise unaware of the incoming attack.
    You can take this talent multiple times; each time you take this talent, the deflection bonuses increases by +1 (maximum +3).

14.) Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    I’m perfectly happy coming up with a backstory for a character as long as you’d like. Again, this depends on the system / setting of the story.

15.) Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

This is going to depend on your Dming style, though I would like to do quite a bit of focusing on the role playing and character immersion in the world. One of my goals is to try and improve my ability to write from a characters perspective.

16.) Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Tacos. That is all. Or it depends on system / setting, ect.

Feel free to Pm me if you're interested in running something like this, and since you’ve made it this far, I’m willing to return the favor - If you have a game concept you’d like to explore, I’m more than happy to talk it over and run a game for you as well.
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Pixie in the Playground

I wanted to run my friends through a shadowrun campaign over this coming summer, but I have absolutely no experience other than the fluff of the setting.

I would really like to play in a game before I take on the GM reigns.

This is the first time I've posted on this forum. If I've done something wrong let me know, thanks

please feel free to pm me
    Last edited by lionblaze; 2018-05-07 at 09:37 PM. Reason: contact means

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Still keen on this interesting nugget of a story: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...o-Gestalt-Game

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Reincarnation Wars

So I found myself in a game of this and really enjoyed the concept but I think the game stagnated for one reason or another. Thought I'd have a go running the game but start it from scratch. The players of the previous one are welcome to join and bring their old concept or something entirely new.

So the idea is you are normal people who exist in the multiverse who have been chosen by some omnipotent being to possess the souls of long dead people from all over the multiverse. You choose souls and gain powers according to the souls you choose.

Reincarnation Wars is a simply premised RP idea. You begin as a normal character with no powers, suddenly finding themselves with abilities and power granted to them for being the reincarnations of fictional characters with those powers. You have the ability to speak with your reincarnations, called "Souls" inside your own mind.

At the start of the RP you are identified as a chosen person, marked by some kind of omnipotent being, or something such as the "Universe" a god or entity to receive powers from their past lives.

Character Creation has some rules. You can choose to have past lives, mentioned before as "souls" that a player can only have one per life time, per franchise. For example, if you, the player, want to be someone from Final Fantasy, you can choose to have Cloud. You can't have both Cloud and Sephiroth, however, because they are both alive at the same time, and thus not viable candidates for reincarnated past lives.

The power level for characters is generally, "Very high, but not over powered". Generally, "Elminster". That's an acceptable limit. No, you can't have a Chaos God as a reincarnation to draw power from, no omnipotents, near omnipotents or ultipotents. So significant reality warpers, aside from someone who can cast a wish spell or something similar.

You can't have significant time warping, you can't have true invincibility, you can't have significant power theft, aside from a few restrictions. Sylar, from Heroe's for example, early Sylar, needed to open someone's brain and defeat them to take their power. Rogue from the X-Men needs physical contact, as another example.

Finally, the goal of this role play is to rise up and defeat a powerful multiversal threat that is capable of devouring everything.

PM me if you want to GM this.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2018-06-01 at 05:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #922

Default looking for one piece dm on roll20

my friend is trying to start a group on roll20 for one piece issue of it is we need a dm which is always hard to find. less than 24hrs he has 4-5 players interested. 3 (one being me and him) have actally joined. so before this gets to far we would like to find a gm sooner rather then later. if anyone is willing to dm for us look for the one piece game on roll20 with Janson J. as the creator or the current listing name: One Piece [Looking for DM and Players].

this is the link to the game listing
    https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/1...dm-and-players

time, day and date is not set yet.
    mother always said "STAND BEHIND BRAUM" walks... BOOM!!! "ally has been slain" uooh thats gotta sting.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Looking for a DM willing to run a higher-level Pathfinder game that's gestalt or tristalt with one side as Vigilante. The basic idea is "it's a superhero game, just in PF".

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #924

I have a craving for a Dragonblooded game of Exalted. Edition is of secondary importance, but I mostly know 2e. PbP preferred.

Would be grateful for a PM if you know of any such games, or run one yourself.
    Last edited by AbuDhabi; 2018-06-23 at 04:17 PM.
    "It speaks of time as an ally, not as an enemy. It says that patience can sharpen even the smallest of efforts into a weapon that can strike the heart of an empire. Your victories may be small, but over time, a greater victory may be achieved."

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #926
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

This fall moving to Spokane, WA. looking for a DM for face to face D&D 5e. it will be 4 players, all either brand new to D&D (rpgs in general) or very low experience.

27. - Top - End - #927

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

We have a lot of interest going for a homebrew-friendly 3.5 Eberron game. All we lack is a DM!

Please inquire here.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post23244058

Looking for a DM for me and a friend (and a couple extra players?) to play a low lvl dnd 5e game!

30. - Top - End - #930

Looking for a group or DM interested in running a relatively "vanilla" gestalt game. Nothing fancy, just embracing the gonzo of the PF ruleset.