New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Hello GMs

I pitched a "space adventurers" game using Pathfinder (and maybe) the d20 Future rules. How it all gets set-up and run is up to the GM. It could be a quick adventure or a campaign depending on what the GM plans. The thread is here and thanks for considering this.
    The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

May as well throw this up here while I wait to see if other games go ahead - I'm looking for someone to run a Solo game with a particular concept and character I've got:

Spoiler: The Princess of Scales
    Show
    The Princess of Scales
    Eight years ago, the Imperial Family was murdered by a vicious sect - The Sanguine Fang - a dangerous Cult who aimed to summon the Hellfire Wyrm, a deity of chaos and destruction. Only one escaped, the Imperial Daughter Yssdrocina, third Princess and known as the 'Sapphire-Eyed Dragon'. Since then, she has been unheard from, and the empire mourned, the Council of Advisors taking over 'Until such a time when the Bloodline of Dragons returns to the Throne'.

Ina is an intelligent and beautiful young woman, a quiet prodigy of magic and martial skill, who makes her bread travelling the land as an itinerant scholar, teaching where she can, and sometimes helping out the locals with more dangerous problems. As far as her heart lets her, she keeps a quiet profile. But perhaps not for long, since the Cult of the Hellfire Wyrm has discovered her true identity, and will stop at nothing to restart their plans...

The idea here is for a Gestalt character, an Esoteric Magus//Scaled Fist character, relatively powerful, travelling the land as an itinerant scholar to help and to teach. I'm looking for a mix of adventure and roleplaying, with some social play as well.

Please PM if you're interested!
    Last edited by Genth; 2017-02-28 at 09:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I'm looking to play either a Mythos game, or a monster game, if anyone is willing to DM, 3.5.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The solo game mentioned above I'm now looking for a GM for a group game based off a similar idea:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...mp-GM-Gestalt)

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ll-Recruiting-!
    The Previous GM has mysteriously disappeared.

You are a normal person who suddenly finds themselves with powers from alternate dimensions, then suddenly plopped into a different world with no knowledge of how you're supposed to either return, or move on. YOu must find a way out to progress through the story. Basically, if you want to have the power of comic book characters or video games, go ahead.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2017-03-09 at 07:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Looking for a solo or small group Kingmaker. High-powered (25 point buy, start at level 2-3, other adjustments as necessary), aiming at high-paced first adventure, with the preference for exotic player character(s) - well outside the norm for Brevoy settlers, possibly to the point of having to hijack the charter from someone else rather than have any way to receive it fairly.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lowly tenderpaw seking kindly DM (and possibly fellow Guardsmice) to run him through a game of Mouse Guard 2nd Ed.

Recently purchased source book and am interested in giving this little gem of a game a try.
    He's not the throw-lightning-acid-in-your-face kind of Alchemist. He'll just invite you over for Earl Grey, Blueberry Scones and Cucumber Sandwiches. With Arsenic, sorry, oh dear ummm, sorry again, lots of that.

Avatar created by the unquestionably talented Ceika

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Looking for a PbP Adventure game for me:

While that would be AWESOME! I honestly don't have much hope that a game will blossom from this post, it's more to see if anyone at all shares some of my tastes.

I've been playing some 5e D&D PbP games at this Forum, and they're fun, but I can imagine something better.

My main gripe with 5e is with DM's today. In the old days (at least among my circle), unless I was the DM, after character creation I could ignore the rules and just roll dice and role-play. Now I have to break immersion, stare at the damn character sheet, say whether I'm rolling based on Nature (Intelligence), or Survival (Wisdom), etc., provide the modifiers to the roll, ad nauseam.

LAME!

How about instead of all this board game like rules manipulations, we play a role-playing game where the the DM says what my PC perceives, I say what my PC tries to do, then dice are rolled for suspence, and I just look at my character sheet just to see how many arrows are left dagnabbit!

I hate looking up any rules, and if I have to look up a "stat" on my character sheet that breaks immersion, and I dislike it.

I'd have to say that I would like to start the campaign In medias res, by the DM telling us something like:
    Spoiler: set up from 77 years ago!
    Show
    “In the Year of the Behemoth, the Month of the Hedgehog, The Day of the Toad."

"Satisfied that they your near the goal of your quest, you think of how you had slit the interesting-looking vellum page from the ancient book on architecture that reposed in the library of the rapacious and overbearing Lord Rannarsh."

“It was a page of thick vellum, ancient and curiously greenish. Three edges were frayed and worn; the fourth showed a clean and recent cut. It was inscribed with the intricate hieroglyphs of Lankhmarian writing, done in the black ink of the squid. Reading":
    "Let kings stack their treasure houses ceiling-high, and merchants burst their vaults with hoarded coin, and fools envy them. I have a treasure that outvalues theirs. A diamond as big as a man's skull. Twelve rubies each as big as the skull of a cat. Seventeen emeralds each as big as the skull of a mole. And certain rods of crystal and bars of orichalcum. Let Overlords swagger jewel-bedecked and queens load themselves with gems, and fools adore them. I have a treasure that will outlast theirs. A treasure house have I builded for it in the far southern forest, where the two hills hump double, like sleeping camels, a day's ride beyond the village of Soreev.

"A great treasure house with a high tower, fit for a king's dwelling—yet no king may dwell there. Immediately below the keystone of the chief dome my treasure lies hid, eternal as the glittering stars. It will outlast me and my name,"

I don't like my PC being "Locked into Lameness" (i.e. forced to fight other PC's in an arena), or in an "Empty Room" (very little DM provided content, if the DM asks me "what do you want to find there", my response is "A setting, not a blank page!").

What first got me hooked on RPG's was this set-up:

Spoiler: A call to adventure!
    Show
    100 years ago the sorcerer Zenopus built a tower on the low hills overlooking Portown. The tower was close to the sea cliffs west of the town and, appropriately, next door to the graveyard.
    Rumor has it that the magician made extensive cellars and tunnels underneath the tower. The town is located on the ruins of a much older city of doubtful history and Zenopus was said to excavate in his cellars in search of ancient treasures.

Fifty years ago, on a cold wintry night, the wizard's tower was suddenly engulfed in green flame. Several of his human servants escaped the holocaust, saying their rnaster had been destroyed by some powerful force he had unleashed in the depths of the tower.
    Needless to say the tower stood vacant fora while afterthis, but then the neighbors and the night watchmen comploined that ghostly blue lights appeared in the windows at night, that ghastly screams could be heard emanating from the tower ot all hours, and goblin figures could be seen dancina on the tower roof in the moonlight. Finally the authorities had a catapult rolled through the streets of the town and the tower was battered to rubble. This stopped the hauntings but the townsfolk continue to shun the ruins. The entrance to the old dungeons can be easily located as a flight of broad stone steps leading down into darkness, but the few adventurous souls who hove descended into crypts below the ruin have either reported only empty stone corridors or have failed to return at all.
    Other magic-users have moved into the town but the site of the old tower remains abandoned.
    Whispered tales are told of fabulous treasure and unspeakable monsters in the underground passages below the hilltop, and the story tellers are always careful to point out that the reputed dungeons lie in close proximity to the foundations of the older, pre-human city, to the graveyard, and to the sea.
    Portown is a small but busy city 'linking the caravan routes from the south to the merchscant ships that dare the pirate-infested waters of the Northern Sea. Humans and non-humans from all over the globe meet here.
    At he Green Dragon Inn, the players of the game gather their characters for an assault on the fabulous passages beneath the ruined Wizard's tower.

None better for me, even after 39 years!

My favorite setting genre's are (in order):
    1) Swords and Sorcery
    2) Swashbuckling
    3) Arthurian
    4) Gaslamp Fantasy
    5) Planetary Romance
    6) Steampunk
    7) Raygun Gothic
    8) Viking

My least favorite genres are:
    1) Modern-day anything
    2) Dystopian Near Future
    3) Dystopian Far Future

What I like/want:
    1) Exploring a fantastic world.
    Playing a superpowered PC in a mostly mundane world leaves me cold (I didn't like Villains and Vigilantes, Champions, Cyberpunk, or Vampire).

2) Reasonably quick character creation without giving me options fatigue (GURPS and HERO, and a little bit in early D&D with initial equipment shopping).

3) The fantastic world should not be too surreal or seem like a cruel joke (Paranoia,Toon).

4) Random character creation should not result in widely disparate starting power levels (Runequest, Stormbringer, and sometimes rolling for HP in old D&D).

5) Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, Robin Hood, the Seven Samurai, and Sinbad?: Yes!

6) Avengers, James Bond, and the X-Men?: Eh nah.

7) Swashbuckling? Yes!

8) Steampunk/Gaslight Fantasy? Probably.

9) Space Opera? Sometimes.

10) Time Travel/Alternate realities (Sliders)?: I'm intrigued.

11) Dark Future?: seldom.
    (though I did have some fun playing a few sessions of Shadowrun but I never bought the rules!)

12) Archers, Dragons, Knights, Magic, Pirates, and Swords: Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!, and Yes!

13) Lots of dice rolling!
    No I don't want to necessarily know why, I just like the suspense!

14) The rulebook should provide a template for character creation, as I find a catalog better sparks my imagination than a blank page.

Aftet character creation I'm fine with "rules" like this:

1) GM describes a scene.
    2) Player says an action that their PC attempts.
    3) GM decides if the PC has no chance of success, no chance of failure, or a partial chance of success.
    4) If a partial chance of success, GM makes up on the spot a percentage chance of success.
    5) Player rolls D100 (two 0-9 twenty-siders once upon a time).
    6) If the player rolls under the made up number their PC succeeds in attempting the task, if over the PC fails.
    7) GM narrates the immediate consequences until it's time to again ask, "what do you do".
    8) Repeat.

Would anyone else play?

Are they ever PbP games that come close to what I've sketched out?
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

9. - Top - End - #819
    Colossus in the Playground

GGG! Giant Guardian Generation! GM needed! That last word didn't start with a G! :P

Anyway, thread here. GGG is about giant robots.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

10. - Top - End - #820
    Dwarf in the Playground

1. shadowrun 2,3,4
    2. rifts/ninjas & super spies
    3. marvel superheroes (TSR)
    4. dungeons & dragons 2,3,3.5
    5. pathfinder (have not played yet)
    6. cyberpunk, gurps, earthdawn, everything else is not worth mentioning.

I am looking to play one of these games I CAN however also run marvel or D & D 3rd/.5

11. - Top - End - #821
    Orc in the Playground

Looking for a new GM for a spelljammer (fly around in a spaceship, except FANTASY) game. OOC thread here, IC thread here. Play-by-post, Pathfinder, Psionics allowed.
    Chief Librarian and Chronicler of Ashiel

12. - Top - End - #822
    Pixie in the Playground

The Odd Squad is looking for a GM after losing ours before play began. This motley crew of quote-unquote monsters is out to make a name for themselves and either defy the conventional wisdom regarding their 'evil' races, or possibly confirm it. It all depends on what fate - and you - have in store. At this point there's no established setting or plot, so our new DM won't be shoehorned into any particular story. Check us out!

Character Repository: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ter-Repository

(Current) GM Recruitment thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...h-monster-PCs)

(Original) Character recruitment: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...finder-Gestalt

13. - Top - End - #823
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I would like to have a one on one experience with a dungeon master for 3.5.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hoping to find a real-life 3.5 game in the Renton, WA area. Please feel free to PM.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Pixie in the Playground

I have a thread here where me and about five other players where looking for a low-level and small or average sized party game set in Golarion. I would be happy with play by post or skype, but it seems that play by post is the more popular option.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...erve-Evil-quot

Looking for a GM to run a Pathfinder 'Evil' Solo Game.

17. - Top - End - #827

Looking to play a specific character in a solo game. She's a shapechanger in a setting where there are no natural shapechangers like doppelgangers or changelings. Shifters, lycans and others would be fine as they have set forms to change into. In this game, the shapechanger is an acquired template and is very rare. There are some rules for the shape change and the detect thoughts ability, which is mostly a drain memories. See here for the homebrew write up of the template: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...r-template-3-5

Basically her history is that she grew up an orphan on the streets of some crime-ridden port down where the orphans were called roof rats due to them living mostly on the roofs of the very tightly constructed buildings. She ends up meeting her "master" who is a monk/mystic that ends up granting her the ability to shape change, trains her as an assassin and sends her off on missions usually to exploit her shapechanging ability. She begins evil but the plan of the character is to become good. I'd like to play a game that explores her conversion from evil to good. She's best flavored as a gestalt monk//rogue or fighter//rogue (or variations of those roles).

So, just throwing this out there and seeing if anything comes my way.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Pixie in the Playground

Star Wars FFG Group LFGM

Hey there, We have a group of 4 looking to play a F&D campaign. We are newish to this game but not to TRPGs. We have already begun learning the game are looking to start soon. Please let me know if interested, thanks.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Star Wars SAGA group looking for GM: Imperial Warlords.

8 players are looking to make potent, Imperial warlords who are budding for a piece of the Empire 1 year after the battle of endor.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

YOU STAND BEFORE THE COURT TODAY CHARGED OF WITCHCRAFT AND HERASY! HOW DO YOU PLEAD?!

"Not Guilty!"

GUILTY!

The King of Neidermire has taken it upon himself to eradicate unapproved music, in an attempt to bring about a new world order where only the intellectual arts are approved. Anyone seen or heard performing music that was not approved by the King of Neidermire is charged with being in league with devils and demons.
    However the Kingdom of Neidermire has entered into an age of peace, but it was only surface deep. Bigger cities are typically shut in with everyone marching in step with the king's wishes. Emotion is stripped from the kingdom except for the outskirts of the world.
    There are no monster attacks within the confines of the kingdom, and those that are are blamed on those who just want to rock. But we're not going to take it! Escapies from the city, humble beginning in the outskirts, outsiders from across the walls, join together.

What we're looking for
    Game: Pathfinder
    House Rules: Gestalt with Bard, Skald or something comparable on one side. PF Monster Races would be appreciated
    Attributes: High Pointbuy at least (Could be hybridized with rolls. IE 4d6b3 or 25 pb.
    World: A world without music
    Players: A decently sized band 5-6ish?
    Pathfinder Rockband
    Last edited by Triskavanski; 2017-04-10 at 01:11 PM.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

21. - Top - End - #831
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Looking for a 3.5 DM in Port Charlotte, FL
    PM for info

22. - Top - End - #832
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking for a GM for a Pathfinder duo game set in the Forgotten Realms. It's about a pair of Drow siblings who escaped the fall of Ched Nasad and are stranded on the surface. Looking for 25 pointbuy and an open stance on 3rd part content and minor rules abuses.

RP-heavy preference, also seeking in other player. Further details here.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Halfling in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Check out here if you are interested in running any sort of gestalt game.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hello everyone, we're looking for a new GM for a plane-hopping game. Our original GM hasn't been online for over two weeks now, and has stopped responding even earlier. But everyone is really looking forward to playing with their characters, so we thought we'd try to attract a new GM even though we realize epic level GMs are in short supply ^^ So who wants eternal gratitude of internet strangers? :P

There are a few characters already mostly finished (see table) and more that only need a few finishing touches.

Our backstories can also be easily changed to fit new campaign fluff of a prospective GM.

Looking for a replacement GM
    DnD 3.5, 30 level gestalt, RP heavy game

Original campaign description (but we're fine with a new campaign plot of the GM)
    We lost contact with Waterdeep a year ago. A few months later, trade with Sharn ceased. No one from Greyhawk has set foot in Sigil in a month. The movers and shakers of the City of Doors have grown worried about what's going on in the cosmos at large. The Githyanki of Tu'narath claim that the end has come again for all of reality and all passage to and from the city has ceased. At the Floating City, Zaerith Menyar-Ag-Gith says that all are doomed and nothing can be done to stop the end. The God-Brain of Glyth, as well as every other Illithid on the planet, has killed itself in despair of what is to come. The Lady of Pain has charged each of you to discover what is happening to the multiverse. Will you discover what is causing the end of reality or will Sigil be destroyed before you can save it?

Sample of characters
    Player Character Track 1 Track 2 Setting Notes
    BelGareth Nikolas, the Iron Saint Epic Favored Soul Unarmed Swordsage / PrC Details
    Caylus Drac Artificer / Archivist LA + RHD / Monk / Artificer Details
    D&DPrinceTandem Lilith Blood-rose [link Pend] Ozodrin / Cosmic Horror Blood Heir / PRC
    Debatra Debatra Fallin Wizard Sorcerer
    Failed Phantasm <name pending> Monk / Cleric / PrCs LA + RHD Forgotten Realms
    Frog Dragon Gary (Levels) Elan Paragon / Psion / PrC Rogue / Factotum
    JNAProductions Scarlet Epic Dragonfire Adept LA + RHD / Monk
    MikelaC1 Shiver Epic Fighter LA + RHD / Sorcerer / PrC
    Mr Adventurer Tor'lin Verberak Paladin / Fighter / Marshal Sorcerer / PrCs Details
    Nettlekid Corentin Drake Bard / PrCs Ranger / Fighter / PrCs Eberron Details
    paradox26 Magnus
    The Glyphstone Bulwark Cleric / PrCs Iron Golem / Fighter / Crusader Details
    trysted Angua Priam Dread Necromancer/Pixie/Mindbender Warlock

Original thread:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Epic-Gestalt/

25. - Top - End - #835

Looking for a DM for a D&D 5E Homecoming game

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Having played D&D for the last.. calculating.. Good lord, 32 years, (damn, I'm old), I would love to dust off some of the "other" games on my shelves that haven't gotten enough attention over the decades.

I would be most grateful for a talented DM/GM/ST/Ref for any of the following games; (in no particular order or preference)

1. Old World of Darkness (preferably Mage, Vampire or Werewolf)
    2. Twilight 2000 - (C'mon, you know this game rocks!)
    3. Cyberpunk 2020
    4. Deadlands
    5. Outbreak Undead
    6. Call of Cthulu

As you can see, I'm leaning away from the traditional "Swords n Sorcery" medieval fantasy settings, and into the realm of "now" (or, for the sake of historical accuracy, now-"ish" in the case of Deadlands and Cthulu, lol).

Solo or group, funny or serious, fast or slow moving game, open to any of those variables.

Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #837
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'd like to find a group to play L5R 4e or Exalted 3e, to scratch an Asian RP itch.
    Completely unrelated to both games, there is a brand new All Flesh Must be Eaten core book on my shelf that wants to see use...

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ettin in the Playground

Me and a group of three friends are looking for a GM willing to run a Godbound game on these forums. We're hoping for a high-powered sandbox about building our own kingdom, slaying monsters, and doing those sorts of cool demigod stuff with lots of RP on the side.

All four of us have several years of experience both playing and running games, though we'd be playing Godbound for the first time. We're all very active on these forums, as well as any other games we are in.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Looking for an anima dm. We have 5 players so far in the following thread

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Anima-campaign

30. - Top - End - #840
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Seeking a group to develop my char, Roselynn.
    She was originally created in a 5e campaign.
    Roselynn is a runaway from home, after being engaged to someone she didn't want to marry.
    She is Chaotic Neutral, and is a healer who loves being sorrowed by animals.
    She's a big-boobed beauty who is not intrested in short flirts. She takes care of her beauty, but has more interest in learning alchemy & magic.
    Her betroth is chasing her down, in attempt to marry her anyway.
    Roselynn is looking for new friends who appropriate her for who she is, not the prize from a highborn family.

The type of campaign I'd like to play with Roselynn is very open - exploring would be great, evil partys too, ect .. Roselynn will go with anyone who will take her further away from her betroth!