New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #301
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Looking for a GM to run Shadowrun, any edition..
    My friend and I are new to Shadowrun in general and are looking for a GM that can help show us the ropes.
    We'll be using Roll20.
    PM me if interested.
    Last edited by Unisock; 2014-05-07 at 04:16 PM.
    PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: Unisock
    "It's only forever, that's not long at all..."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Seeking a DM with a sense of humor and adventure

Looking for a 3.5 friendly DM, who is avaliable on weekends (we are in the US-Pacific timezone,UTC-8:00). The game would be via skype and roll 20 and would hopefully be on a weekly basis. We tend to be a rather random group with strong/stubborn mindsets so being able to deal with people who willingly teleport onto the tarasque's back to ride it like a pony is a skill you will need. (no that did not end well). If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

we are a group of 2/3 (one player has family affairs to attend to, the other two are always available.

I myself am usually the trickster type mage of the party, often a warlock or psion
    I tend to avoid direct confrontations and think outside the box, (endless water supply+lair of kobolds+water breathing spells=profit)

Lynx/Val/ whatever character she is, is usually a prepared caster
    tends to believe fire is a good solution to confrontation, and diplomacy/Roleplay is her specialty

My cousin, is often a rogue or ToB warrior type
    he's the intermintent player(though if the group gels well, he will become full time), expect Iron Man references.

Please contact via Skype at alan.roundtree
    Under no circumstances should a player die, that's not to say a DM should go easy on a player, but rather as a player, one should be intelligent, one should understand their limits, and know when not to push the big red button.

dead players aren't fun to DM for. If your DM has taken the time to create a world for you, please don't litter it with PC corpses.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Looking for a DM for a Rizban E6 game, preferably traditional D&D setting.

Rizban: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-E6-Compendium
    Recruitment Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...7502-Rizban-E6

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seeking a DM foolhardy enough to lead a group of most ambitious cheese connisuers. We seek a game of ridiculous proportions. We have set down a circle of candles to summon a most mighty dm. Will you answer our call Oh brave one?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...rs-needed-too)

Extended Homebrew Signature

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Everyone asleep in their beds in the middle of an attack on the city.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Looking for a GM for an L5R game in IRC. Got players, just need a decent person to run the thing.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...5R-4e-IRC-game
    Remember, kids: Bad gaming is worse than no gaming at all.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Halfling in the Playground

This post for a Serpent Skull GM has been fulfilled on another site. Thank you for being available, Giantitp!
    Last edited by Ellal; 2014-05-30 at 07:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ellal View Post
    Newly formed Pathfinder group seeks GM for play by post of Serpent's Skull

We enjoy challenging, cooperative play within the pathfinder rules and excellent role play. We are all new to each other. You are not walking into a new dynamic of which you had no part.

We would post once or twice daily, weekends optional (for all individually), with the understanding that life happens and may prevent a post here or there.

To get the ball rolling that much faster we have begun character creation already. Our full party contains:
    A teifling or elf rogue
    A half orc or orc bloodrager or barbarian
    A human sorcerer
    A possibly aasimar lunar oracle

We are preemptively building our characters on a 20 point build with three traits, one from the players guide to serpent's skull, which we've all read or are reading. Changes can be made. Links to characters will be available as they become more solidified.

Option 1:
    Paizo for posting.
    Paizo for character sheets.
    Roll20 for combat.

Option 2: (My preference)
    Google Groups for posting.
    Myth-Weavers for character sheets.
    Roll20 for combat.

Option 2 means we can use images we pull off of google without worrying about copyright infringement. In a closed board we don't have to worry about getting sued. Equally, the GM can edit posts. The players, too, if we want to allow for it.
    What Ellal said, with the amendment that if a GM wants other mechanisms for posting and combat--it's the GM's call, as with everything else. I would be another PC in the party. We post a lot, we are nice, and we know the game well enough.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a game up here that needs a sufficiently crazy DM to keep a bunch of Lovecraft cultists in line
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Need a DM for a PF game set around a party in Ustalav who has no business whatsoever being in Ustalav. A party who has no idea that undead and lycanthropes and monstrosities can occur on such a high frequency, and who is used to things like bandits and wolves and stuff....... everyone should probably expect lots and lots of death. There's plenty of interest so far, so. Head over here and help us out! Should be buckets of fun for everyone.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Our group is looking for a replacement DM.
    We have been going strong for a little over 2 years and are most of the way through it.
    IC and OOC are here.
    The team is looking for someone to pick up the reins and run with it, maybe into another series of adventures after the completion of this module.
    The original DM can forward any of the material.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Good morning everyone.
    Names Torroc. I currently have a group of 3 players with varied skill levels, Im looking for more plays and even dm/players to join the group.

Dming will be on going and dms would be asked to take brakes if they feel over whelmed

I am looking for players of varied skill levels. expericned players prefered but any player would do.

Games we plan playing are AD&D and D&D 3.5

Roll20 web desktop for rolls.

alpha and bata books welcome.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am looking for someone to run a game of Vampire: the Masquerade here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post17530880

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kennisiou View Post
    Got a group of three players looking for a DM for 3.5 or PF (or 3.P). We all know eachother in real life and have varying degrees of being able to actually be physically present together (one of us is moving back and forth between two states right now and will eventually settle on permanent residence in our state in, like, a month or two). Online through roll 20 preferred but other methods open. Don't care about setting or house rules. You want players just run whatever.

Edit: All of us are currently in central time zone. One of us will be moving to Ocean time.
    I can DM, roll20 works really well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyButternubs View Post
    I am currently seeking either a 3.5 or Pathfinder game in which I can play as a Favored Soul. I am available on Wednesdays from 4:00 to 10:00, and also all day on saturdays. I would very much appreciate it if I could join a game.
    I'm availible to DM your 3.5 saturdays would work best for me. You ok with roll20?

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchArisano View Post
    Looking for a 3.5 friendly DM, who is avaliable on weekends (we are in the US-Pacific timezone,UTC-8:00). The game would be via skype and roll 20 and would hopefully be on a weekly basis. We tend to be a rather random group with strong/stubborn mindsets so being able to deal with people who willingly teleport onto the tarasque's back to ride it like a pony is a skill you will need. (no that did not end well). If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

we are a group of 2/3 (one player has family affairs to attend to, the other two are always available.

I myself am usually the trickster type mage of the party, often a warlock or psion
    I tend to avoid direct confrontations and think outside the box, (endless water supply+lair of kobolds+water breathing spells=profit)

Lynx/Val/ whatever character she is, is usually a prepared caster
    tends to believe fire is a good solution to confrontation, and diplomacy/Roleplay is her specialty

My cousin, is often a rogue or ToB warrior type
    he's the intermintent player(though if the group gels well, he will become full time), expect Iron Man references.

Please contact via Skype at alan.roundtree
    Can I PM you instead? I'm also at PST and love roll20, I would rather use just roll20 sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Posting here first, because I don't know if this idea will work better as a solo or a group game.

I'm looking for a level 6 3.5 game (NOT E6) to continue progressing with a character of mine. I have grown attached to him due to character development and am seeking a DM who is willing to put up with something... unorthodox.

Sheet can be found here, complete with his backstory and adventures leading up to this point.

(He's a stone giant, using the racial class rules from Savage Species.)

PM me if you're interested.
    I am interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Torroc View Post
    Good morning everyone.
    Names Torroc. I currently have a group of 3 players with varied skill levels, Im looking for more plays and even dm/players to join the group.

Dming will be on going and dms would be asked to take brakes if they feel over whelmed

I am looking for players of varied skill levels. expericned players prefered but any player would do.

I may DM you, sounds interesting. Wait, DM (s) plural?

14. - Top - End - #314

In need of a GM for Mutants and Masterminds, no specifics so whatever kind of game you want to run. Just in need of any game at the moment. Already having experience would do wonders, since if it's measuring beginners then I think I'd rather GM personally. But I'd rather not. So I'd prefer someone who knows there way around the game~

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...hout-a-setting

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #315
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay, I am going to break one of the unspoken rules of 3.5 by asking this. I will bold the problem in question, so that if you are the sort of DM that wants nothing to do with this kind of lunacy, you can run as far away as you can. I will not judge you. However, for anyone who is brave or crazy enough to humor me, I want to do one simple thing:

I want to become a god, probably by killing another god.

Whew, that's a tall order, isn't it? But it's not all for kicks and giggles. I didn't suddenly fall prey to a desire for a massive power trip. Instead, this crazy idea arose out of one of the most "metal", as a friend put it, campaign concepts I have seen conceived.
    Spoiler: The Concept
    Show
    This homebrew campaign would combine the long history of surface warfare of Eberron with the gathering evil invasions of Faerun. The main focus, however, would be on the warforged, who were emancipated by the end of the last war. However, this new race, artificially constructed as they are, has no place in the natural order of the world. No god is willing to take them in the afterlife, and mages and scholars in the universities debate whether they even possess a soul. All the while, warforged are reduced either to slavery, soldiers-for-hire, or bandits. The other races view them as abominations, job-stealers, untapped resources, or unsubtle reminders of the death that was dealt in the last war. Our hero(es) seek to secure the warforged a place in the world, but other factions may not wish for their success, for good or ill... Hidden in the dark, the drow (or another race) gathers their forces for an assault on the weakened nations of the surface. Lolth the Spider Goddess gazes up above, and she is hungry... (I have always found that warforged are the most iconic race of Eberron, and drow for Faerun.)

Spoiler: The Main Character
    Show
    Halberd is a veteran warforged of the last war. Unable to settle into civilian life, he has wandered the world, seeking out worthy causes to fight for. It was not until he recovered a magic sword from the depths of an abandoned fortress, however, that the first flames of ambition ignited within him. This new weapon, Deathbane, proved to be intelligent and spoke of all its years of servitude in the hands of others. Seeing the plight of the warforged reflected in the blade's tale, Halberd swore an oath as he gazed into the campfire: he would not rest until he had become a god to protect his people. The thought of blasphemy never crossed his mind, for what gods would shelter them anyway? And if he did not step up to this task, who would?

Spoiler: The Weapon of Legend: Deathbane
    Show
    (for the record, I did not come up with this name)
    Over the centuries, Deathbane has served numerous outsiders, including demons and angels. This length of time has given it much knowledge of the working of the other planes. Now, the game that I was in had it as a +1 Fullblade that gave a +4 bonus on all INT-based checks. Needless to say, this was a bit silly. The idea is that Halberd uses this weapon throughout the entirety of the campaign, growing stronger as Halberd and Deathbane learn to coordinate. I don't know whether Weapons of Legacy rules would work efficiently for this or not, so I would need the DM's help to make this work. In time, it may become a weapon powerful enough to strike down a god.

Spoiler: The Big 16
    Show
    1. 3.5
    2. Homebrew setting, using material from Faerun and Eberron for reference
    3. Either solo or a group is fine. What would be really cool is a party of warforged that bands together to make this happen.
    4. On the forums
    5. Starting at level 4
    6. Leaving wealth up to the DM
    7. I will leave status on certain splatbooks up to the DM. However, I ask that we have no homebrew classes, as I have seen just how silly these can be in-game.
    8. Once again, races and prestige classes up to the DM.
    9. I'm comfortable with either point-buy or rolling stats.
    10. ...Whichever alignments the DM feels comfortable running.
    11. Multi-classing up to DM.
    12. Once again, DM choice.
    13. If there are any fixes or rule variations needed for this to work, feel free.
    14. It would be best to have a backstory that at least describes what the character did after the war ended.
    15. Expecting a healthy dose of combat due to warforged mentality, but going after godly power will surely involve a riddle or two. Characters that can roleplay warfored are a plus.
    16. I would prefer to stick to WotC material, if possible.

So, is anyone feeling up to a challenge? If so, PM me.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

D&D 3.5
    The sun... It's gone.

And it's our job to bring it back or learn to survive in darkness

This campaign started with fresh players and DM and is at the point where, due to actions of previous players that left, the sun is gone. When you mess with artifacts that even gods fear... yeah. At level 2. It's 2 days after sun is gone.

ALL DETAILS SHALL BE BOLDED

Our DM is leaving for summer and we need a replacament. If interested, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME so I can give you Skype contact information to our DM before she leaves.

Some Homebrewed classes or fixes to maintain the tier and flavours. Some homebrewed feats can be accepted, if it fits

DMing would be preferred to happen BETWEEN 12 June and 8 August

Any notes and information will be passed to the DM that accepts. We use Roll20 to play, meeting nearly everyday or at least attempting to. Party of 3-4

You will not progress main story, but do side-quests and so called Main/Chain Sidequests (99 Floor Tower), so you are barely limited as to what you can do.
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2014-06-08 at 08:37 PM.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Good morning everyone.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Looking for a GM for a harsh environment campaign

We had a GM, and he vanished. Or, rather, he stopped posting to the thread. He still posts elsewhere on the forums, but we just haven't heard anything from him on about a month, including no response to 2 PMs that have been sent.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Hey everybody! I recently started recruiting for a Council of Thieves AP (Pathfinder) as the GM and I have received tons of great characters for the game.

My Council of Thieves recruitment thread

I'm sending out a call for a GM willing to run this campaign for a second party. I've been working with them to get their characters ready for the game and I can tell they've put a lot of work into them. All I ask is that you commit yourselves to these PCs as I intend to and give them a damn good game. Shouldn't be hard with this AP. ;) PM me if you're interested!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Looking for a DM for a level 5 Saga edition game, with a rag tag crew trying to survive in a a harsh and unforgiving galaxy, similarly to Firefly and Farscape (hopefully incorporating some of the themes and technology from both shows, as it is a big galaxy out there).

No real campaign ideas, as of yet so totally open to ideas and suggestions, and more than willing to work with the DM in regards to compromises that make all of us happy.

Currently we have two Togruta cousins, who are a Jedi and Force Sensitive respectively, a Mandalorian solider (me), a scout and tech-user and a naive noble and his handmaiden.

I'm fine with Skype, Google hangout, Mirc, and Roll20 being used for gaming or any that the GM feels comfortable with.

I also have a huge number of sourcebooks for those, who'd need them all ready in zip files.

Send me a PM for those interested, and for additional contact info

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

I'm feeling nostalgic, and wish to reprise the role of one of my retired (yet one of my best) characters, whom I adopted as my username. He is Sir Grave 'ir Wyrmslayer, a CR 16 Saint and Vassal of Bahamut from the Eberron Campaign Setting. If you're interested in continuing his epic saga and inviting other players to create high level characters, please PM me and I'll fill you in with the details of the character. It is naturally a D&D 3.5 system. I also have an incomplete character sheet, just for your consideration.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=930203
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Asteron Questar View Post
    Looking for someone crazy enough to DM a Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus style game. The system is still undecided, we are pretty much up for anything from freeform to 3.5. Any potential DM should follow this link.
    Still looking for a DM for M&M 3e for a Percy Jackson/Camp Half-blood game! We had one but she then backed out due to lack of time... Poo...

Please find a host of demigods waiting here.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Looking for a DM for an evil going good campaign.

Here is a link to the post we made, explaining things.

The party consists of a rather naive petal, a gelatinous cube who isn't quite sure what this whole good thing is, a lawyer gone good, and a werewolf gone werepig

Thank you, D20ragon, for being willing to take this on.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2014-06-24 at 05:35 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Looking for a GM for a Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous campaign. Current recruitment thread has 6 people interested, but we lack the most important person. Nothing's been decided yet, other than the AP and Mythic rules, the rest can be figured out when we find a GM. Anyone interested?

Here's a link to the current recruitment thread.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

So we had a DM for a level 11 gestalt game, but it seems like RL complications have forced her to abandon the game without notice, in spite of her prior insistence that she would not.

We love our characters and would love to continue, but seeing as how we had barely begun when the DMs troubles hit, we are open to redefining the basic premise and setting. We would prefer to keep our characters intact however, as deleveling is a royal pain, but please note that some characters use homebrew, or houseruled tweaks made in collaboration with the DM, so these will need to be discussed.

We are a very loyal, and patient lot...among the most dedicated players I've met in these parts of the web.

Thanks for consideration. If you are interested, please PM myself or Neely.

Dankeshane.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

We have three interested party's, myself included. We are looking for a DM to host an online semi-serious faerun based freeform game of D&D 3.5 with some homebrew content and occasional shenanigans. we are willing to compromise on the homebrew stuff. we would really prefer to avoid most railroading. you can get as creative as you want with the story as long as its willing to adapt.

the best way to contact me would be over skype.
    account name: topguru666

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeking a DM for a game of MLP:Roleplaying Is Magic S3E. (It's sort of one of those "I'll DM unless someone else would want to" deals)
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

AssassinGuy

The players of this thread need a DM to run this high level/gestalt pixie/fey theme game. If you are interested, you can find it here.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Barbarian in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...2#post17699522

A bunch of players in the start of making characters and stories need a GM! let us know if you're willing to Gm a Mutant's and Masterminds 3e game!

30. - Top - End - #330

A group of 3.5 players are looking for a DM crazy or masochistic enough to consider running a mid-high level monstrous gestalt campaign without homebrewed monster classes. The focus will be on characters, so optimization will not be the primary objective. Ideas that have been raised include:
    • A medusa
    • A deep dragon
    • A succubus/bard on a quest to become good (to avoid old enemies back in the Abyss)
    • A troll barbarian named Nigel, who seeks to become the world's greatest chef
    • A succubus/nymph (half-fey succubus?) (half-fiend nymph?) (it's complicated)

The link to the recruitment thread is here.