Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Looking for a Storyteller for a werewolf the forsaken game

Link is here
    You can call me Sivarias or Siv.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for a Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition GM(s) for a superhero campaign and/or a supervillain campaign.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

Myself and another poster are seeking a GM for Pathfinder...just about anything, though something involving Kingdom Building or the Downtime system would be excellent. We're hoping to play a (Psion or Vitalist) and an Ozodrin.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

I'm the 'other' player that DWSage mentioned above; he's excited to try out a healer Psion of some sort, and I'm excited to try out the Ozodrin. Very roleplaying-centric players, and we're willing to bend for just about any campaign you think they would fit in!

5. - Top - End - #395

Looking for someone to DM in a Mythos Game i wished to play, we have plenty of Players, and backups as well, but noone has signed up for DM'ing.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Players-Needed

Spoiler: Etc.
    Show
    Current Characters:
    Kraguri/Ikuma, Dusk Caste Seeking Redemption
    Rha' Stag, Hunter of Beasts, Slayer of Fools

6. - Top - End - #396
    Firbolg in the Playground

Myself and two other players (so far) are looking for a Loremaster to run The One Ring RPG. Thread's over here if anyone's available.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

I have been running a star wars saga edition game here for 13 months. It's still going strong. I want to play a star wars game that lasts and is updated almost every day. I want to play a game that has deep, multi-layered player characters whose relationships change and grow over the course of the game and affect the story, and who encounter realistic recurring NPCs with their own hopes, dreams, and motivations.

I want the party or even individual characters to be able to affect events in the game and have the game and NPCs react to our characters actions, or lack thereof. I want our decisions to have meaning.

I also want to play this build, preferably starting at a low level:

Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier/Scoundrel/Gunslinger
    Near human: lose human extra skill, gain -2 multiattack penalty.

0: Feat: weapon focus: pistols
    1: talent: Weapon Specialization Pistols, Feat: dual wield I
    2 (1/1): class feat: Point blank shot, talent: Advantageous opening (CW24)
    3 (1/2): Feat: Heavy Weapon Prof/Zero Range, bonus feat: Precise Shot
    4 (1/3): talent: personalized modifications (train stealth)
    5 (2/3): bonus feat: Heavy Weapon Prof/Zero Range
    6: (3/3): talent: Comrades in Arms, Feat: Quickdraw
    7: (4/3): bonus feat: dual wield II
    8 (4/3/1): talent: reduce multiattack penalty
    9 (4/3/2): Feat: double attack
    10 (4/3/3): talent: reduce multi attack penalty
    11 (4/3/4):
    12 (4/3/5): Feat: triple attack, talent: reduce multi-attack penalty
    13 (4/3/6):
    14 (4/3/7): talent: reduce multi attack penalty
    15 (5/3/7): talent: indomitable, Feat: dual wield III

Are there any prospective GMs (and players) out there who would like to play in a game like this?

Edit: Recruitment thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...4#post18246454
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2014-10-12 at 09:03 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #398

Hello prospective DM's!

Recently I posted a character idea on these forums and there are several other players who are interested in going along with trying to conquer the world. We are hoping for a low epic gestalt game, where we don't really go just for the powerful builds. If this sounds interesting to you, please take a look here.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchel View Post
    Hello prospective DM's!

Recently I posted a character idea on these forums and there are several other players who are interested in going along with trying to conquer the world. We are hoping for a low epic gestalt game, where we don't really go just for the powerful builds. If this sounds interesting to you, please take a look here.
    I am one of the players interested. I'm sure I speak for all of them when I say we're eager to build our awesome villainy villains.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm seeking a 3.5 game, not necessarily just a DM, over Skype or roll20. I'll play just about any setting, and I'd be playing either an Erudite or a homebrew arcane spellcaster variant.

I'm not a munchkin, I just enjoy the flashy versatility of the Erudite.

Email: [email protected]

Feel free to email me at any time! :)
    Last edited by xxx_aclark_xxx; 2014-10-14 at 07:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

So, I had requested a Pathfinder Mythic game, with gestalt being optional, but preferred (mid level was also optional but preferred), but the GM kind of... disappeared, so we're now stuck.
    Link to the original page
    Last edited by TheEmperor; 2014-10-14 at 09:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Pixie in the Playground

Seeking a DM for a D&D game, one to join, or someone forming a new one. I will post several times over the course of the week.

Herzold: "Gah'd Damm Spiders"

13. - Top - End - #403
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

d20 Re: Seeking a DM

I am fairly new at PBP/PBEM, but I would love to try a kingmaker-like pathfinder scenario.

I would be able to post on a daily basis, with some few exceptions in weekends.

Best regards!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Seeking a DM to tackle the Way of the wicked AP for Pathfinder! Recruitment thread and more info here.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hello All!

I am looking for a DM/GM/whatever-title-fits who would be willing to run a Star Wars Saga Edition campaign. I had an idea of a sandbox-type campaign set in the Rebellion era where the party builds a pirate or criminal organization (a la Tyber Zann from Forces of Corruption) from the ground up. If necessary, I can DM, but I'm a little hesitant to do that since I'm pretty much brand new to PbP (though I do learn quickly).

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Wayward player looking for a Pathfinder PbP. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2014-10-22 at 06:50 PM.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

17. - Top - End - #407
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone!

Looking for a game, prefer Fantasy and Apocalypse genres. Will post daily.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Looking for a DM for http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Abnormal-Party, a game with very abnormal characters on a strangely normal adventure. Undead, outsider and other strange characters.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2014-10-24 at 11:46 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Looking for a GM for a duet/solo game (GM's choice of either) in 3.5, about anything, but preferably Level 10+, ToB allowed, and plot.
    The GM can test out anything he likes, as long as it isn't likely to hand my ass back to me on Round One.

The thread is here.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

I'm seeking a storyteller for a Mage: the Ascension game we would do weekly via a voice chat service. here are the details I've posted in a recruiting thread and a link to said thread:

Spoiler: Chronicle Details
    Show
    So, I'm bored and love the game Mage: the Ascension. I have been having trouble getting my regular group to meet due to schedule troubles. I'm experienced with most of the aspects of the mechanics/role play style, but don't expect prospect players to be overly versed, just be genuinely into learning it all. Ideally I'd like to have the game be set in a city(to be chosen by the storyteller/consensus/whatever) and be open to all traditions/conventions, with a focus on the traditions (thus characters will be expected to be in poor terms with the technocracy). The storyteller, once chosen by the group, would submit 16 and we'd get down to the real business of character creation and play. for now, here is as much of the 16 as I'm willing to submit as a player, and it is subject to change if the group wills. As a group we'll decide when/how to meet based off all of our schedules.

Spoiler: The 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Mage: The Ascension is what I'll be playing, but seeing as Whitewolf wonderfully makes most of the World of Darkness line of games to be played together, it would not be amiss if we saw vampire/werewolf/fae in the game. (personal preference to not use wraith/geist but not essential).

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Modern day, Tradition focused, city based. All of this is really up to the storyteller, but tbh its what I'm looking forward to.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4 players 1 storyteller. more/less as storyteller permits.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    I am discouraging PBP. please do not apply if you do not have a mic and you are vehemently against using a free voice chat service. Web cam not mandatory, but if we feel comfortable enough I'm down for it.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    standard character creation points are allotted. It explains what that it in the appropriate books for the appropriate characters. If you have questions on where to find the number, I can give a post of where/what they are. (for Mage I've played in groups where you start with a mandatory 2 arete, and still have the 15 freebies and 3 arete cap. just a thought).

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    See #5, in this type of setting money will be determined by the points you spend in it from your character creation.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    classes aren't applicable for this type of game. If you have some homebrew/home rules that you'd like to talk about post it and we'll discuss it.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species?
    Again, post it and we'll talk. otherwise, stick to the races provided by the books, like Mage: the Ascension or Vampire: the Masquerade, etc.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    In this system, you shall be using the standard point buy system built into the appropriate character creation. Home rules will be fielded and discussed. No HP in this system.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    There is no alignment, but to give you a gist of the sort of character I'd prefer to see in it: All Non-evil. Its always interesting to to have a mix of alignments, but straight evil characters aren't fun to play with unless everyone is in on it. at least in my opinion.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Talk to me/storyteller about it, but I doubt its possible in the system.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? We're all mature, we can roll our own dice. That being said, we'll be doing the game in roll20 for the character sheet storing/the storytellers convenience. If the storyteller has a preferred method, I'm all ears.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    All up to the storyteller, all of mine have already been fielded. if a player has one he likes, don't hesitate to talk about it please

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Just right a paragraph about a character idea that fits what you've read in this post. If you don't have enough to go on, tell me, its fine I understand. We'll be posting a more concrete setting once we find a storyteller.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    As always, up to the storyteller. Traditionally, the game's I've been in have been open world games with loose plots that give the players time/space to develop on their own. Not completely left to the wind, but if the players know what they're doing they will provide for most of the drama themselves. obviously, this depends on the players a lot, so we'll see how much it change once we see how much interest we'll have.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Go nuts, tell me what you're doing. I'll probably only be able to be super helpful with Mage: the Ascension stuff, but can help with some other World of Darkness stuff as well.

This is really just to peak interest, and its all liable to change once a storyteller is chosen. Please post questions/suggestions/comments and I'll go through it all. if you are new to Mage/World of Darkness, please don't be discouraged, I'm willing to take you if you're open to learning. Private message me via Giantitp and I'll go over character creation once this solidifies. Thanks a bunch in advance!

And this is the thread here.

please PM me and post in the thread if you have any interest.
    Last edited by Catarang; 2014-11-02 at 04:39 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Pixie in the Playground

Semi-experienced player looking for someone to DM a Pathfinder game, hopefully Gestalt although non-Gestalt is also good. Voice chat, non-voice chat and Skype are all fine. Please PM if you'd be interested in having me.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Searching for a GM to run a game set in the urban sprawl of Mega-City One.

Recruitment thread is here

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking for a GM for (PbP) Black Crusade
    Link
    Last edited by jessedevaan; 2014-11-18 at 04:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414

Looking for a DM to run Jade Reagent. Here is the recruitment thread. I can run the recruitment as much as you like. We already have six potential players.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

25. - Top - End - #415

SwashbucklerGuy

A space type pathfinder game using the elements from the new pathfinder technology guide and whatever else sources you think would be suitable. The links in there are only an example of an old game run under the same concept but the gm can do whatever he wants if he starts up a new game. A bit of interest, some of it comes from the old players so I hope they can get priority as well to get into the game.

The recruitment thread

26. - Top - End - #416
    Colossus in the Playground

Looking for a Storyteller for a heroic (Werewolf or Mage or crossover) OWoD game.

Thread is here.

27. - Top - End - #417

NecromancerGirl

We need a DM, that parts obvious.

Our game is planed to start low lv (lv1-3) and core only (phb, mm1 and 2, and DMG only), with may by a couple variant races. We have a half dozen players incouding me. If your looking to DM for us look up the 3.5 core thread (can't link it as I'm on my phone). If you want you can pm me.
    Last edited by ZinZenWho; 2014-11-10 at 02:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418

Trying to get a PF PbP game going with a GM willing to allow DSP's psionics, hopefully mid-level. Already have players interested, link here.

29. - Top - End - #419

PaladinGuy

Looking to join a pathfinder game

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Looking for a GM for a Wrath of the Righteous game.
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!
    (Yeah call me empy, and also I am not actually female)