New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Looking for a DM for This Way of the Wicked game. 3 potential players are already present, and multiple characters per player is an option

GiTP Blood Bowl Championship Season V:
    Twisted Rotten
    0-1-0

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Looking for a DM for the Throne of Night AP (Pathfinder)
    There are a dozen people interested (some for dwarves, some for drows, some for both).

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

Looking for a DM here.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...=312894&page=3

Party of level 1 characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Still seeking a DM here, for a Pathfinder Skull and Shackles campaign.

Guns and gunslingers, core races only, 26 players waiting for a Dm and a sixteen.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I seek a party to adventure with! What role I play is as flexible as raw plot, yet I do have a preference for being a wizard or cleric. My times of availability vary, but I am at the least somewhat unpredictable. Who knows what shenanigans or dark deeds shall ensue? Certainly not I!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Parameters changed, so I'm updating this.

Bunch of amateurs (of varying definitions) looking for a GM (and additional members) for an on-line campaign. PM me for questions or applications.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5. Suggestions are welcome, however.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Entirely up to the DM, but hopefully something capable of a long-running campaign.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

We are currently 3 players of varying experience(a conditioned tactician that's afraid of the manual's size, one with little game experience but lots of read material (me), and a player of 1-2 short one-shots.). 5 + a GM should do. The caveat is, you have to help us get to know the game, the means are up to you. that's the toughie of the whole deal.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

We were thinking skype (with or without video chat) and roll20, but any similar configuration you're comfortable with should do.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

We were thinking of starting low-levels (1?) and going on to higher, but that's entirely dependent on your plans.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Up to you.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Most entirely open to your opinion.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Up to DM's judgement.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Yours, again.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Standard will do, unless you don't like it. Would like to see it in some form.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

We were thinking normal, non-xp-penalty multiclassing, but you're the boss.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

roll20 should make this a moot point, largely. You're the boss.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Whatever suits your fancy, with one addition: We were thinking of using the gestalt tier system (the one that allows lower-tier classes to gestalt with NPC classes, and bottom-tiers to gestalt with bottom-tiers). That's debatable all the same, however.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Up to your campaign.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

We'll trust you on this one too :P

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Well, I'm interested in PHBII and the aforementioned tactician has taken a liking to ToB:Bo9S classes (which are recommended entrance classes after all), so we'd like those 2 allowed.
    Last edited by Xhosant; 2013-11-25 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

Edit: DM found.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Voyage of the Golden dragon was founded to instruct some new PbP players in Eberron lore and PbP ettiqette.

Sadly our DM shizukanashi has suffered some real life complications and is not able to continue DMing for us. (We wish he and his family all the best.)

Now we are seeking some new champion to take up the cause and help us to continue our journey across the skies of Eberron.

Original recruitment thread is here.
    The OOC thread is here, and the IC thread is here.
    shizukanashi had this to say on the subject of a new DM, "If anyone is interested in taking up the reins please PM me. I still come to read OOTS, when I have the free time, so I will be here to assist as much as I can."

Edit: We are currently taking stock of who is and isn't still interested in continuing but of the originally largish number of players we could be down to at least 4. More probably 5.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2013-11-19 at 10:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188

Looking for a DM for a 3.5 and/or PF game, with the premise twist of being based heavily on 8-bit tropes. Gestalt is in the initial request, one player has shown interest in Tristalt with one track being for racial-type classes.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post16449041

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for a D.M. for an Anima: Beyond Fantasy game, where you would choose the setting/theme. (We aren't picky, just desperate.)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...3#post16454113

10. - Top - End - #190

SolithKnightGuy

Hello all,

I am seeking a shadowrun game, any game. I unfortunately do not have the time or any sort of idea to provide for the structure of the game, but I would like to know if there is a kind ST with a story to tell in the awesome world of shadowrun out there who would be willing to share it with us?

It would be greatly appreciated, I love shadowrun but don't have a lot of occasions to play it. And when I do, half of our group is always so clueless that they could nearly make it in the CLUE files...

Thank you for your time.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

looing for a dm for a star wars saga edition campaign

12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Need a DM for a level 1 13th Age game: Here

Pretty open to whatever, as I mainly want to try the system out.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Reincarnation Wars

Reincarnation Wars
    Please PM if you are interested.
    I'm looking for a GM for my old dead game "Reincarnation Wars" . . .
    In it, we play as the ourself, the current Reincarnation of 3-5 past Reincarnations of fictional characters. In other words, say that I start the Reincarnation Wars RP. . .

If I chose to start the game with only 3 allowed characters, I could choose Adam Jensen (Deus Ex Machina), Jake Armitage (Shadowrun), and Commander Shepard (Mass Effect). I would be Armin, from the real world, only my past three Reincarnations are the fictional characters I'd name, and I would have the abilities of all the characters.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-11-23 at 03:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

BardGuy

Naruto rpg

Some friends and I are looking for somebody to GM a naruto d20 game. We would be greatly appreciative of anybody that would be willing to step into that mantle

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Bunch of low-experience players looking for a GM for an on-line campaign. PM me for questions or applications.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5. Suggestions are welcome, however.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Entirely up to the DM, but hopefully something capable of a long-running campaign.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

We are 3 low-experience players, plus 2 more experienced. We'll need someone willing to work with newbies.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

We were thinking skype (with or without video chat) and roll20, but any similar configuration you're comfortable with should do.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

We were thinking of starting low-levels (1?) and going all the way to 20, but that's entirely dependent on your plans.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Up to you.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Most entirely open to your opinion.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Up to DM's judgement.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Yours, again.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Standard will do, unless you don't like it. Would like to see it in some form.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

We were thinking normal, non-xp-penalty multiclassing, but you're the boss. We were also considering JaronK's tier-balancing gestalt (details on the Tiers thread), but that's dependent on group composition.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

roll20 should make this a moot point, largely. You're the boss.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Whatever suits your fancy.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Up to your campaign.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

We'll trust you on this one too :P

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

We want a Duskblade (PHB2) and a Swordsage (ToB), the rest is all yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

16. - Top - End - #196

BlueKnightGuy

Looking for a Pathfinder GM for a bunch of players here.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking for a GM for a Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition game. Some players already interested here.
    Last edited by WesleyB; 2013-12-01 at 03:34 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

Morning folks,

I was hoping to join a My Little Pony game. Be it Roleplaying is Magic, Fallout Equestria or whatever other system might be available.

I saw there was a game on here a while back that filled up pretty quick, so I'm hoping it can happen again.

Let me know if you have a place for me in any sort of game. I am a big fan of collaborative storytelling and enjoy building story and setting to help tell the story of a world.

I'm a fan of both adventure and rp. I've been involved in some online games in the past, but it's been a few years and am looking to try it again.

Thank you kindly,
    Lookin' for game in all the wrong places

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

Anyone out there playing/GMing GURPS? preferrably modern age.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I would be eternally grateful for one of two games..

Either an OWOD Vampire or Werewolf game,

OR

A 3.x DnD worldbuilding type game using Fields of Blood (Gaiyamato has an incredible game of this type going right now, but I had to drop out due to a temporary spike in my workload, and would love to play in another one.

Keep up the good work DM's, you are overworked, underpaid and underappreciated!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

2 players seek a GM for a game set in Type-Moons Fate setting.
    link
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

22. - Top - End - #202
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Looking for a DM for this game. The general consensus seems to be E6.

23. - Top - End - #203

RedSorcererGirl

Still seeking a DM for this. It's a reboot of a previous game that ended abruptly due to the DM having other commitments. M&M3E is the system we're comfortable with using, though if anything else would be more suitable we're all ears.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looking for a DM for a D&D 3.5 gesalt solo game. The saga of a Troll who begins as a thug and bandit, but eventually rises to become a warlord to lay waste to the kingdoms of the world.

I'd be using the following stuff;

Troll and War Troll improved monster classes

Generic Warrior class

Leadership Fix

Aberration Blood Expanded
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

25. - Top - End - #205

Flumph

Hello, I'm DME and I'm looking for a DM.

I got a character idea that I'd like to explore together with someone who is familiar with D&D 3.5 and knows how to create a dynamic, living world for PCs to adventure in.

The idea itself starts with Xefas' Olethrofex class, which is a very interesting piece of homebrew. I'd like to play a man returned from the dead by the goddess of death to end the lives of those who try to cheat her by extending their lives beyond what Fate granted them. In this world everyone's lives are determined by Fate, your birth and death are predestined and the vast majority live out their lives according to what is written in the Book of Fate. However a few individuals are powerful enough to surpass their destiny and rewrite their entry in the Book. Often they try to extend their lives beyond their allotted time and wherever they go they affect the lives of others, killing some before their time is up while bringing others back that should be left to rest in peace.

The character is killed when ending up in a conflict between two of these Fate-breakers and cuts a deal with the goddess of death; He is returned from the dead, to live outside Fate and in return she will guide him to those who try to live longer than they should so that he can end their lives. The idea is that the campaign will be focused a lot around undead creatures as well as spellcasters.

Mechanically I would like to play a gestalt character, using the Olethrofex and Grod_The_Giant's The Legend class to create a anti-undead/mage character. For the godess of death I like Pharasma from the Pathfinder standard setting. She's a goddess of death and fate which fits nicely with the story. Level-wise I don't care too much as long as starting level is 4+, as I don't really like the first three levels in D&D and the story doesn't really fit a starting character.

Questions? Comments? Feel free to post in this thread or PM me
    Last edited by DeusMortuusEst; 2013-12-15 at 02:49 PM.
    Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I haven't played 4e in too long, and I've got the itch to set things on fire with my mid heroic tier or higher Warlock again. Hoping a new 4e play by post opens up in this forum, most of them seem to be 3.x.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Requesting a DM for the Saga of Gurg. A young Troll, who is currently hired by bandits to provide some extra muscle. Suprisingly intelligent, Gurg is a simple enough fellow. He has a great place (a shack in the bandit camp), a chest full of treasure (a few pounds of silver and some assorted gems), and some minions (Leadership Fix). He is an evil creature, who sees no problem in eating the flesh of intelligent creatures, murder, robbery, slavery, and perverse acts. That said, he loves his pugs. He seriously loves the little things, and protects them ruthlessly.

That said, while he may live a simple life of murder and mayham in the employ of a bandit chief, Gurg is growing stronger, more cunning. Soon, he might challange the chief to rulership of the bandits, or not. Maybe the realm they are terrorizing finally has enough of the bandits.

But, there is a possibility awaiting Gurg. He might rise where others have fallen, and rise a horde to shake the very foundations of the world.

However, among his minions, while most are simple human bandits, one holds some pretention to mystic power. With the Blood of Aberrations pulsing in her viens, she cannot muster much mystic power, but compensates with her knowledge of Alchemy, Herbalisim, Astrology and Oneiromancy which has earned her a reputation as a witch, and Gurgs Protection. While he will not rely on her visions, he also will not discount them.

So, I'm asking if any DM's want to run a D&D 3.5 Solo Gesalt thats homebrew and thrid party heavy. I'd be a bandit under a bandit chief, with a few followers of my own, inculding a "witch" like figure Gurg keeps around for her semi-mystic abillities. Sure, She may not be a spellcaster, but she instead uses skills to inspire the classic witch image.

So, any DM's intrested? PM me if you are.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2013-12-17 at 03:54 PM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

*edit* Woo, we found one <^_^>
    Last edited by mistformsquirrl; 2013-12-21 at 01:23 PM.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

We are seeking a DM for a underwater monster campaign for those interested find us here.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Would you like to be in charge of entire demon armies? Long for a chance to pull out the Pathfinder mythic rules to show your true power as a GM? Miss the good ol' days where the BBEG at least threatened the planet? Then have we got a campaign for you!

Wrath of the Righteous recruiting, looking for a GM.