New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [SAGA]: The Empty Throne [IC]

Patriot Docking Bay

"Don't let me go!" Lakota screamed as she grabbed Rada's arm the force lifted the small human completely off the ground.

The emergency metal shutters for the hangar groaned then screamed in their metal housings turbo laser fire from the Interrogator had partially slagged the overlapping metal panels, they sprang across the hanger but multiple rents and slagged furrows of metal caused the metal scrape against the housing. Three glowing holes the size of a small body were loosely plugged by debris, an astromech droid plugged one hole its warbling trills screeched across the bay. Three rebel marines hit the wall at bone snapping force. The center shutter buckled in it's housing, it was too damaged to hold back the vacuum for longer than a minute at best. The nearly homicidal ripping force lessened to a degree instead harsh wind blasted across the docking bay floor as the atmosphere leaked into space. The shutters groaned ominously the thin metal armor screeched as the suction of the vacuum seemed ready to pull the damaged emergency door completely off the runner and into space.

The air was very thin the available oxygen was rapidly becoming less than what an average humanoid would need to sustain life.

Interrogator Bridge

"Sir we received an automated alert from the Hammer. Standard ship in distress but we are not able to raise anyone on the holoviewer. No reply from the Anvil." The communications ensign reported his voice had a slight tremble to it.

"Sir the rebel Nebulon-B is powering its remaining thrusters they appear to be trying to make a departure vector." The sensors chief spoke up as the grisly man stroked a fine gray goatee. "Our spy mistress still hasn't gotten off her."

"Sir!" A young fire touched lieutenant stood up from a tactical station, "Security reports the shuttles evaded our turbo lasers and cut into the maintenance access ways in vicinity of the prow sensor station. "Major Dagan is getting into position to cut them off at the corridor junction out of there. Colonel Tobias' men are at the Starboard turbolaser battery ready to meet the boarders!"

Starboard Airlock - Heavy Turbolaser Battery A1 - Munition Handling Dock 326

Tobias' men were in place when the airlock bulged and blew in. Rebel sappers had primed the door with detonate the force explosion rolled across the floor and caused ears to pop and atmospheric alarms to start going off. A battle cry sounded from with in the shuttle and Rebel troopers charged into the smoke filled fray.

Tobias:

Spoiler
    Show
    Will have a map soon roll initiative.

Space Around the Interrogator

The rebel fighters broke into two groups, those breaking off and returning to the limping frigate and those that made a suicidal rush at the Interrogator can covered the two Assault Shuttles attached and began to board.
    Last edited by A'den; 2013-03-19 at 06:13 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mira felt the comlink Lakota had handed her almost rip itself from her grasp as the entire bay suddenly opened itself up to the vacuum of space. She staggered forwards before she could catch herself, slipping back out the docking bay tube and towards the expansive blackness beyond. For several gut-wrenching seconds her hands clawed desperately at the smooth bulkheads she slid past, failing to find any purchase as she was whisked forwards. Her hair whipped into her face, obscuring her vision, and her frantic attempts to grapple with something, anything, that could save her met only with slick, uncaring metal.
    Then something struck the emergency control panel, she couldn't see what, and the bay doors came shuttering out, sealing in the precious remaining oxygen and arresting Mira's movement just short of the bay's edge. She paused for the briefest of seconds to regain her breath as her rational mind struggled to reassert itself, pushing back the primal terror and panic that had just threatened to overwhelm her. When she looked back up to the catwalk overhead, it was once again with the grim demeanour of Imperial Intelligence: an icy, hard exterior with a cold rage burning behind her eyes. The Paladin's stunt had scared her more than she would have cared to admit, and she was not accustomed to allowing anyone to inspire that reaction in her. Despite the continued flow of air past her and out the damaged bay doors, Mira straightened to Imperial posture and raised her voice to be heard across the insistent whistling, shouting directly up at the catwalk to which Ragnir had retreated.
    This is how you serve your cause, you false knight? Slaughter your own men while you run fleeing? Feed them to the wolves so you can turn tail and hide? You failed to kill this Sith, and she is going to slaughter her way back through every trooper on this ship to get to you. You failed: come back and face the consequence of your failure without squandering the lives of everyone under your command on your error in judgement, you coward!

Spoiler
    Show
    Dropping any pretence of disguise to regain me access to my Inspire Fear talent.

Move Action: Move towards the centre of the hangar. If Ragnir fails to reappear, I'm using my full movement towards the door Kradu and M4 are in.

Standard Action: Demand Surrender of Ragnir, taking 10 and spending a Force Point on the Persuasion check for a total of 31 + (2d6b1)[6].
    Thrawn avatar by Oregano, Isard avatar by Introbulus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noedig View Post
    Sounds good. And I wish you the best. Only heed this advice: No plan survives first contact with the enemy.
    Unless you're Thrawn, in which case no enemy survives first contact with the Plan.
    0eB+0eA+0eP+0eS+0eD+0eC+0eF Dice Roller

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

"You're still alive, how unfortunate. I'll tell you this Imperial Agent I would snuff out star systems to see the Empire fall my methods will be brutal, that little tremor of fear you felt will happen again, you may grow accustomed to it. Lieutenant Commander Lakota you served me well, try to die bravely."

The voice seemed to come from all around the docking bay it crackled slightly as if from the ship's public announcement system. The wind made it hard to tell where it came from at all.
    Last edited by A'den; 2013-03-19 at 08:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Kradu

"M4, may I humbly suggest we pursue a tactical withdrawal?" the doctor said, gesturing to the ship which had fired its lasers at Paladin.

He was surprised at how quiet his voice sounded.

"Sound needs air, dummy," he thought.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Laying on the steel floor and staring up at the roof, Sienn almost snuggled into the spot as the fatigue she had cultivated quickly seeped away from her limbs and system.

"Ah..." she exhaled softly, before standing up to her feet.

Disconnecting her cable dispenser, the twi'lek walked over to the collection of people as the Paladin was giving his speech bravely from his hiding spot amongst the rafters.

Spotting the woman with blue hair and seeing her rank insignia upon her uniform as that of a rebel commander, Sienn guessed that this must be Lakota. She didn't recognise the other people present - most of the rebel marines seemed taken out of action, while a magnificent looking woman stood defiantly while staring up at the rafters where Ragnir slithered off to, while another fellow - whose stance, eye-movements and posture indicated he probably knew how to handle himself quite well - also stood by.

"Lakota, right?" Sienns green eyes flashed brightly as she questioned the blue-haired woman.

"Hehe, don't worry, I remember when my master tried to kill me too!" she beamed.

"But! That does leave you with no current allegience." Sienn continued, this time striding past Lakota, turning on the heel of her boot to walk backwards so that she could keep talking to the girl while she moved.

She gestured to the emergency metal sheets that were straining against the incredible pressure compressing their integrity. If Sienns words weren't compelling enough for the commander, then perhaps the abrupt screetch of tortured metal that screamed through the hanger would be.

"But if you'd rather end up purple, bloated and fetal before splattering against the viewscreen of the next salvage ship, I'm sure Ragnir will duty note his sacrifice!"

Turning and heading towards one of the sealed doors, Sienn yelled over her shoulder in the direction of Kradu and M1.

"Doctor, Tinman - this way!" she uttered, hoping they recalled the original plan to infiltrate the engineering bay. If Ragnir was listening, all the better, Sienn was sure there were some fun toys to play with in engineering.

Sienn then pulled her commlink up and uttered something: her voice changed...it was softer, pleasant, almost flirtatious sounding syllables danced out of her lips. She was speaking in Ryl, the native language of twi'leks everywhere.

<"Sparkles. When that hanger bay door opens take the Reaper into space and stay close enough to the Nebulon-B to kiss it. Tell the bridge that there was a hanger blowout and that this is the ony way you can keep the ship nearby and out of Imperial hands.">

"Beep-bop-boo-boo-boo!"

Approaching the doorway, Sienn didn't break her stride. When it would look like she'd run into the doorway in a hilarious and clumsy manner, her entire figure seemed to demolecularise and melt into the sealed blast door, passing through until she wasn't there anymore.

Once on the other side of the blastdoor, Sienn activated the control console to open it up and let the others through.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Making a Persuasion roll against Commander Lakota to join her: 1d20+14=29
    I hope that Sienn gets bonuses due to: her emerging relatively unscathed after having smacked around Lakota's last boss, Ragnir leaving her to die, and Sienn showing her some mercy by not killing her on sight and opening one of the sealed doors to let everyone out.

When reaching the door, Sienn is using Phase to pass through it. I don't have access to the book at the moment, but with a 1d20+19=31 on the Use the Force roll, Sienn shouldn't have any worries passing through the door and into the hall-way on the other side.

Once on the other side, she'll open the sealed door to let others through.

Just a heads up to Random and GAT: Sienn isn't addressing either of your characters because you look like normal civilians to her at the moment, albeit impressive ones, so she's lumping you in with Commander Lakota. Just didn't want you guys thinking I was snobbing you.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lakota stared at the Twi'lek forcer user with revulsion and horror battling on her face she took two steps back unarmed frightened.

"Stay away from me monster." Her teeth chattered she tried to stand behind the woman who had taken her communicator. She looked at the other woman fear battling respect. "I surrender just don't kill me, please."

There was a sound of metal hatch slamming shut from somewhere above. Ragnir's hard metal voice rasped across the ship's internal PA. The

"All personnel, this is Paladin Ragnir abandon ship. The Imperial Star Destroyer is about to fire on us again I will pilot the ship into the Imp hull. Please evacuate before anyone needlessly dies." There was a slight pause then a asexual voice of protocol droid announced.

"Please be aware the Patriot's self destruct sequence has been activated all personnel have two minutes to evacuate to the nearest escape pod, thank you and have a pleasant day."

The ship's PA cut off.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

M4-X1

M4 nodded and held the doctor to his chest, "I think your right Doctor the time has come to retreat in full." M4 inwardly winced as he realized he said 'I' instead of 'this unit'. OH well, holding the doc close M4 bent a bit and lit up his thrusters, flying threw the corridor and toward the "Reaver". "Twi'Lek Force user, we are heading to your ship, please make your way there, as our plans have been forced to shift." M4 spoke that over his internal comlink to Sienn and any imps using that same frequency. M4 wasted no time with trying to fire on any rebels instead simply rocketing towards the ship with his flight systems on full tilt.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Grabbing the doc.
    Move action: Flying towards the ship like Death was nipping at my hydraulics.

Last edited by Seanfall; 2013-03-19 at 11:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sienn shrugged at Lakota's apparent horror.

"Oh well, if you want to go down on a sinking ship with your loser boss, suit yourself! You might want to start holding your breath because it'll be a long swim through space until the nearest rebel vessel."

Then Ragnirs voice echoed throughout the chamber. As it spoke, the twi'leks ear cones twitched softly as she listened in, walking back across the hanger floor and to her ship.

"How noble." she uttered dismissively to herself at Ragnirs glorious sacrifice.

"Come'on boys, that's our cue to - oh, there you are." she was cut off as Kradu and the wardroid came rocketing out of the adjacent hallway.

"What about you lot?" she asked the crew of disguised Imperials as she walked past them to her ship. Sienn's sole job was the safe retrieval of Dr Kradu...anything beyond that was just entertainment for her.

Moving to the Reaver, Sienn got to the beginning of the extended entrance hatch. Looking up at the hole the marines had burned into the door to evacuate her earlier, the twi'lek clicked her tongue, "Schutta's..." she uttered under breath, making her way up. The second sequence of airlocks would protect them from space, but the fact she had to get it repaired was quite irritating.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-03-19 at 11:38 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. - Top - End - #159

"What about you lot?"

I think we will be fine on our own. Thank you for the offer. Mira nodded her head ever so gently to the Twi'Lek as the two women walked past each other, walking again with poise and a confident bearing that had been hiding until now. This charade over, she saw no reason to continue the deception, and she spoke to the Dark Jedi as if they were colleagues passing in a hallway. She gestured Rada back down the docking shaft.
    Shall we? She placed a firm hand on Lakota as she walked past, still cordial but now as unyielding as durasteel.
    You can come with us. And you will tell me everything you know about this Paladin Ragnir, and of this mission to Togoria. Her tone did not offer an alternative, although she could tell from the other woman's face she was glad enough not to have to evacuate on the same ship as the Twi'Lek.

Spoiler
    Show
    Retreat back to my ship and disengage from the Patriot. Take 10 on Persuade to get Lakota to spill the beans = 31.
    Sounds good. And I wish you the best. Only heed this advice: No plan survives first contact with the enemy.
    Unless you're Thrawn, in which case no enemy survives first contact with the Plan.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Right," Rada said, finally working his way free of the assorted detritus that had landed on him in the brief exposure to vacuum. But first, he took the common sense precaution of relieving the rebel Commander of her weapons. "And if you want to cause trouble, go ahead. Then I'll have to blast you, which'll make it that much easier for me to collect hazard pay." He awarded her a quick smile and then practically jumped down the boarding tube for the Rusted Duck. Making the bottom, he ran for the cockpit, powering up the ship while trying to punch a line through the jamming to the Interrogator.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2013-03-20 at 01:42 AM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Kradu

"Whooooaaaa!" Kradu said as M4 grabbed him and rocketed towards the freighter.

Once there, he waved frantically towards Sienn.

"C'mon, c'mon!" He said, "let's get offa this death trap!"

Spoiler
    Show
    trust: extra standard action to Sienn so she can get to/open the ship faster
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Walking up the ramp, Sienn waited for the good Doctor and wardroid to catch up with her. When they did, she opened the inner airlock and stepped through, a strange calmness to her actions. It's almost as if the lack of immediate, violent stimulation had calmd her down.

Moving into the innards of the Firespray, Sienn passed the chamber filled with cryotubes and plonked her blue butt down in the cockpit. An astromech droid piped up from her side, Sparkles, its head spinning slightly as it garbled out a string of beeps and bops.

"Yes, yes, yes - now is not the time for panic."

The Reaver shuddered as it hefted off the hanger floor. It pivoted upon its central as it rearranged itself so that it's durable "head" was facing the flimsy, thin metal that was barely holding back the powerful vacuous power that caused the air to rush out.

Waiting a little while to ensure the other civilians had boarded their own ship, Sienn applied all shields to the impact zone then gently nudged forward - pressing the helm of the ship agaisnt the feeble metal and slowly applying pressure. A jolting shock rushed across the frame of the ship that vibrated the skeletons of all on board when the ships metal touched against the durasteel of the puny hanger door. She was sure that this method would be less damaging than simply crashing through the barrier.

Once outside: (only expand if she makes it out of the Hanger)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sienn gunned the engines, reapplying the shields in a more even manner.

The expanse of space opened up to bask the expansive cockpit viewport of the Firefly with an enviously beautiful view. Before them was the emerald-indigo sphere of Torogia, suspended in space as an exotic fruit. Upon the edge of its furthest horizon glittered the specks of the bulk of the incoming fleet, while off to its side resided the seeminng meagre Imperial resistance that stoically awaited the embrace of their enemy. Flecked about the Empire's few war vessels were a cloud of starfighters dodging, weaving and spewing spears at each other in a frantic life-or-death battle: occassionally an orange fireball would erupt to signify a hit, before it was snuffed out and returned to atoms.

"Things are going to get pretty heated." Sienn said, her voice rather calm as she pointed a blue, gauntleted hand in the direction of the approaching rebel fleet.

Space outside seemed to smear across to the right as the twi'lek turned her ship to place her on a different course. Sienns instincts told her to flee - to simply turn the ship around and hyperjump back to High Admiral Teradoc...but the sliver of loyalty to the Empire that resided within her was much too compelling to put up with that. This sector was a territory of the Empire, and in the wake of the disasterous...painful events of Endor, the Empire existed upon the boarders of its dominion. Pursing her lips and silently cursing herself, the twi'lek gunned the engines forward to deliver her ship quicker to the Imperial Victory-class Star Destroyer.

"Sparkles, transpond our code to that Victory class - I'd rather avoid having our welcome be a turbolaser to the face."

Beepity-bop-bo-boo! the droid responded, getting to work.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not "ramming" the hanger bay door, but isntead just applying pressure along with the buckling compression that the door is already under.

If such a thing needs a pilot check, then I'll take 10 if this isn't as stressful as combat, so that should be a 22 on the roll.

If I can't take 20, then: 1d20+12=31
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-03-20 at 02:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lt Colonel Ran Tobias
    Spoiler
    Show

HP 67/67, Condition Normal
    Damage Threshold 23
    Defenses: Fort 23, Ref 26, Will 30
    Skills Deception +20, Gather Information +15, Initiative +9, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +13, Knowledge (galactic lore) +13, knowledge (social sciences) +13, Knowledge (tactics) +18, Perception +11, Persuasion +20, Use Computer +13
    Force Points 11
    Attacks Heavy Blaster Pistol (+7, 3d8+5 energy damage, 20/x2)

Hopefully having arrived at least a few moments before the rebels breached the wall, Tobias will direct troops to various cover placements around the room. If he has an idea of where the breach will occur, he directs the troops to flank and cover that position for highest possible effectiveness.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+9)[23]
    Knowledge Tactics - (1d20+18)[35] to set up the room before the breach, if possible.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Captain Andan Kang

Spoiler
    Show
    VSD-II Interrogator
    Defense Ref 19 (flat-footed 16), Fort 51; +12 armor, Vehicular Combat
    hp 1,168; DR 20; SR 140; Threshold 251
    Condition: -0

Well, it looked like that idiot Ronsu might have gotten what he deserved... Still, it would have been better if he'd had the class not to take two very expensive Star Destroyers down with him in his blaze of failure.

Might as well go see if at least one of them could be salvaged, or at least have a report ready for his superiors about what had happened.

"Recall our starfighters and nearby transports, including the...Reaver, that just left the enemy frigate." the Captain read off of a display as he moved over to look down at a station in the crew pit. "Weapons, except for turbolaser battery one, as soon as Agent Tavik's ship is away destroy the Nebulon-B. Turbolaser battery one, destroy the assault shuttle in our tractor beam." he swiftly ordered. "Inform the captains of our Lancer escorts to prepare for hyperspace and convey my gratitude for their exemplary performance in this engagement. Set a course for a mini-jump just outside the system to throw off pursuit, then we'll proceed with all haste to the Boz Pity system to ascertain the Admiral's fate. Sublight engines to full power until we're clear of the gravity well."

Once both transports broke away from the Patriot, the heavy weapons batteries of the Victory-class Star Destroyer opened up once more to erase it from space. Green fire lashed out at the smaller ship, painting it then crumpling its shields and armor plating, reducing the latter to melted slag.

As the crew around him moved with purpose, following his orders, Captain Kang sat back down in his chair. Today's battle had not been his finest hour, but he had cost the Rebels dearly. They would have to hold Togoria without the Star Galleon's troops or a mobile carrier base for most of their fighters. If he moved quickly, and with some support, he could return to take back the world soon. He would have Colonel Tobias begin drawing up assault plans once they were away. And speaking of which...

The Captain depressed a button on the arm of his chair, opening a channel to his stormtrooper commander. "Colonel Tobias, I assume you have the boarders well in hand?"

Mechanics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain's Aid on HT1: (Taking 10) 27
    Combined Fire on Nebulon-B (+1dmg per 2 instead of 3)
    (Note: [Both fighting defensively and not attacking...] Nebulon-B Reflex 24, Assault Shuttle is Tractored and loses its Dex Bonus to Reflex. If it can still fight defensively without moving it should be at either 23 or 18? I'm not sure.)
    Heavy Turbolaser 1 targeting Assault Shuttle in Tractor Beam.
    Heavy Turbolaser 1 (Short): (1d20+17)[21] (+3=24)
    Force Point: 1d6=1, 1d6=3
    Damage: 7d10+5=39 (x5) [195]
    Heavy Turbolasers 2-4 targeting Nebulon-B.
    Heavy Turbolaser 2 (Long): (1d20+7)[19] (MISS)
    Heavy Turbolaser 3 (Long): (1d20+7)[14] (MISS)
    Heavy Turbolaser 4 (Long): (1d20+7)[25] (Expending Maneuver for Devastating Hit. +1 die of Damage.)
    Damage: 8d10+5=52 (x5) [260]
    Double Turbolasers targeting Nebulon-B frigate.
    Double Turbolaser 1 (Long): (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: 4d10+5=23 (x5) [115]
    Double Turbolaser 2 (Long): (1d20+7)[12] (MISS)
    Double Turbolaser 3 (Long): (1d20+7)[22] (MISS)
    Double Turbolaser 4 (Long): (1d20+7)[20] (MISS)
    Ion Cannons targeting Nebulon-B frigate.
    Heavy Ion Cannon 1 (Long): (1d20+7)[18] (MISS)
    Heavy Ion Cannon 2 (Long): (1d20+7)[17] (MISS)
    Tractor Beams targeting Assault Shuttle.
    Tractor Beam 1 DC17 (Long): (1d20+7)[24]
    Opposed Grapple: (1d20+66)[68]
    Tractor Beam 2 DC17 (Long): MAINTAIN HOLD
    Opposed Grapple: (1d20+66)[86]

Engineering DC20 Shield Recharge: (1d20+8)[15]
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2013-03-20 at 12:51 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

M4-X1

M4 let the doctor go and boarded the ship, but before leaving he turned and captured an image of the 'Paladin'. Tracking height, weight, and supposed physicality underneath that armor. He attached a simple message in binary to the image 'kill on site'. Once Boarded M4 inspected the interior of the ship as the Twi'lek began to take it out of the ship, he was almost knocked to this feet the ship rammed threw the metal shutters.

"Doctor, this unit suggests flagging the woman for psychiatric evaluation." He than found a safe place to stand and proceeded to charge his shields back up, between all the marines blaster fire and that suicide grenade they'd been reduced to almost nothing.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Kradu

"That action itself might be hazardous to my health, my dear M4," Dr. Kradu replied as he strapped himself into a seat.

Edit: the ship jolted as they passed through the blast door and into outer space.

"Might as well make ourselves useful," he muttered.

"Is there a laser turret M4 could man... Err, droid, whatever? I'm going to see what I can do to boost the shields from engineering," he said, "unless there's something else you'd rather I do."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-03-21 at 10:22 PM.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show

Patriot

Rada, Agent Tavik, the Imperial troopers, and Lakota all piled down the docking tube and into Agent Tavik's ship it powered up smoothly as automated features in the docking tube let the ship cast away in emergency situations. The comlink chirped in an open link the jamming was gone but the channels were in chaos. Rebel escape pods littered the space around the Patriot as the crew abandoned ship and debris from the StarGalleon clogged maneuverable space port of the freighter. Rebel and Imperial fighters mixed it up at point blank range as the Interrogator closed in on the limping Patriot.

With her crew abandoning ship and already crippled by the punishment the Captain Kang's crew had dealt her the Patriot could list as Rada piloted the Agent's ship clear of the Rebel frigate. A final barrage of rebel turbolaser fire splashed against the Interrogator's shields but failed to breach them.

Aboard the Reaver the little astromech droid twittered nervously as Sienn pushed against the weakened emergency shutters with the Reaver's forward shields. The doors stripped away as the rest of the atmosphere blasted clear of the bay. Sensor alerts trilled as the Interrogator's main batteries powered up again. The little Firespray 31 cleared the hangar just as the first green and blue lances impacted the Patriot.

The Nebulon-B Frigate shields fell and a firestorm ravaged the ship as the main turbolaser batteries savaged the prow of the ship and stamped a trail of destruction across the ship's spine until it snapped and the Patriot broke apart into multiple pieces of slag, the power regulators blew out in the primary turbolaser batteries and a brilliant red ball of fire surrounded the front of the ship before the glare faded and left the blackened remains of the Rebel frigate. Dozens of escape pods littered the space around it, more than likely most of her crew made it off the ship before it blew.

Rebel starfighters made the space around the destroyed frigate very hot for any Imperial craft as the fighter pilots fought to protect their remaining crew mates. The Interrogator and the three Lancer-class Frigate loomed over the scrap heap of destroyed Rebel warships.

Then red and blue turbolaser fire splashed against the rear Lancer brushing it's shields and scorching armor plating from the little frigate as the Odysseus MC-80 moved into firing range. Flights of Rebel A-Wings and B-Wings were closing with the trailing elements of the Imperial fleet but the fleet was clear of Togoria's gravity well while Rebel reinforcements were still climbigb out of the planet's gravity. A momentary advantage in speed lay with the Imperial fighters and warships.

"Delta 1." Yeril's voice came through the interference, "the Interrogator is preparing for a jump to hyperspace time to go ho-"

The transmission broke off in interference as a set of proton torpedoes smashed into Yeril's ship and exploded in a brilliant ball of fire. There had been zero electronic warning, they had never been locked onto the Interceptor.

Interrogator Bridge

"Captain," The helmsman at his station looked, "the micro-jump course is plotted awaiting your order to execute. Jump telemetry has been tight beam transmitted to the Dart, Lash, and Scourge all three ships signal ready to execute at your command. The Scourge reports taking fire from the MC-80 minor damage only."

The communications ensign was still hung over his council, "This is the Interrogator to all remaining TIE Fighter element dock now if you want a ride home. Rusted Duck and Reaver you are clear to dock in Command Docking Bay 2."

The senior non-commissioned officer at the tactical terminal, "Colonel Tobias' men and the internal scanners report blaster fire in Turbo Battery A1 and Major Dagan's men are exchaning blaster fire with the rebels near the forward sensor suite. The rebel's in the prow are better equipped Major Dagan's men are in a a serious firefight, sir."

Starboard Airlock - Heavy Turbolaser Battery A1 - Munition Handling Dock 326

Spoiler
    Show

Init: Stormtroopers: [28]
    LTC Tobias: [23]
    Rebel Boarders: [12]
    Stormtrooper 1: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[16] / Hit (3d8)[13]
    Stormtrooper 2: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[5] / Hit (3d8)[21]
    Stormtrooper 3: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[12] / Hit (3d8)[6]
    Stormtrooper 4: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[16] / Hit (3d8)[13]
    Stormtrooper 5: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[9] / Hit (3d8)[13]
    Stormtrooper 6: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[13] / Hit (3d8)[17]
    Stormtrooper 7: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[17] / Hit (3d8)[15]
    Stormtrooper 8: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[10] / Hit (3d8)[22]
    Stormtrooper 9: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[5] / Hit (3d8)[10]
    Stormtrooper 10: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[7] / Hit (3d8)[15]
    Stormtrooper 11: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[19] / Hit (3d8)[17]
    Stormtrooper 12: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[6] / Hit (3d8)[13]
    Stormtrooper 13: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[14] / Hit (3d8)[13]
    Stormtrooper 14: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[5] / Hit (3d8)[17]
    Stormtrooper 15: Blaster Rifle: (1d20+4)[15] / Hit (3d8)[16]

LTC Tobias was emplace in parital cover with his platoon of Stormtroopers when the Rebel stormed in under the cover of the smoke of the explosion from the blast door being blown in. More a dozen storm up the assault ramp from the shuttle, more voices could be heard from inside.

The Stormtroopers of the Interrogator were ready disciplined fire burned into the Rebels even with bodies on the floor a dozen rebels stormed the room and had a foot hold and blaster fire burned back and forth at point blank range.
    Last edited by A'den; 2013-03-22 at 07:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Home sweet home, boys." Sienn said over her shoulder as she guided the Reaver beneath the Victory-class Star Destroyer. Its durasteel belly encompassed almost the entirety of the Firesprays cockpit as other smaller, darker jagged shapes were swarming back from their fight with the rebels.

Uninterrupted, the Reaver slid through space before bringing itself up at the chin to penetrate the large, open square and slide into the womb of the warship. Pressing past the first set of shield generators to protect the hanger bays from the vacuum of space, the Reaver headed into Docking Bay 2 before gently easing itself down and coming to a rest on its back.

The hum of the ships enginges steadily died down as the quatro inside the cockpit stared upwards at the network of pipes, catwalks and cranes adorning the hanger bay ceiling.

Looking over her shoulder as she got out of her chair, Sienn smirked "Another happy landing."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Captain Andan Kang

Spoiler
    Show
    VSD-II Interrogator
    hp 1,168; DR 20; SR 145; Threshold 251

"Helm, you may execute hyperspace jump as soon as our support craft are aboard." the Captain let the pilot loose on his own recognizance on when to fire them off into lightspeed. The Captain had to learn to let the expert crew do its job while he split his own attention between several different avenues. He trusted his men to do their duty.

"Turbolaser battery A1. Lock down and leave the fighting to Lt. Colonel Tobias. Operations, I want A1 at an output of zero, shut down all power flow to that emplacement for the time being so that on the small chance it's overrun and taken over or sabotaged the rebels won't be able to do anything with it. Send reinforcements to Major Dagan and invite Agent Tavik and our new passengers to by all means make themselves useful by joining the fight. Lock down those assault shuttles, as well. I don't want them damaged. They might be useful in the future." the Captain said as he walked over to the bridge gunnery station.

"Gunner, cover the Lancers. Direct all remaining batteries to fire on the Mon Calamari. I want to leave them with one hell of a bloody nose before we retreat. If that last assault shuttle is still alive, let the would-be boarders cool their heels in the tractor beam until we jump." the Captain finished dictating his orders as he sat down in his chair once more, leaving the crew to follow them.

Mechanics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain's Aid on HT2: (Taking 10) 27
    Combined Fire on Mon Calamari (+1dmg per 2 instead of 3)
    (Note: Just going to assume that the Mon Calamari is fighting defensively, giving it a Reflex of 21.)
    Heavy Turbolaser 1 locked down to avoid being captured or blown up by boarders.
    Heavy Turbolasers 2-4 targeting MC80.
    Heavy Turbolaser 2 (Long): (1d20+9)[13] (MISS)
    Heavy Turbolaser 3 (Long): (1d20+7)[19] (MISS)
    Heavy Turbolaser 4 (Long): (1d20+7)[25] (MISS)
    Damage: 9d10+5=55 (x5) [275]
    Double Turbolasers targeting MC80.
    Double Turbolaser 1 (Long): (1d20+7)[17] (MISS)
    Double Turbolaser 2 (Long): (1d20+7)[16] (MISS)
    Double Turbolaser 3 (Long): (1d20+7)[17] (MISS)
    Double Turbolaser 4 (Long): (1d20+7)[27] (CRIT)
    Damage: 7d10+5=54 (x5) [270; CRIT: 540]
    Ion Cannons targeting MC80.
    Heavy Ion Cannon 1 (Long): (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage: 4d10+5=28 [140]
    Heavy Ion Cannon 2 (Long): (1d20+7)[11] (MISS)
    Tractor Beams targeting Assault Shuttle.
    Tractor Beam 1 DC17 (Long): MAINTAIN HOLD
    Opposed Grapple: (1d20+66)[68]
    Tractor Beam 2 DC17 (Long): MAINTAIN HOLD
    Opposed Grapple: (1d20+66)[75]

Engineering DC20 Shield Recharge: (1d20+8)[20] (+5 SR)

Note: By my calculations, the hit by the Double Turbolaser gave the Mon Cal condition damage, weakening its defense and thus allowing the following attack by Ion Cannon 1 to also hit. Ignore this if we're just saying that all of these attacks occur simultaneously. Also, it doesn't really matter since a damage roll of 140 probably doesn't do much more than shave a little off the MC80's shields at most.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2013-03-22 at 08:22 PM.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Dr. Doran Kradu

"Home eh?" Kradu said, unbuckling himself and standing up.

"Have you been on this ship before?" he asked as he moved towards the exit, not bothering to turn around to pose his query.

"Let's go meet the captain, whatever his name is..." he said.

The doctor stopped and cocked his head to one side.

"Speaking of names, what should I be calling you these days?" he asked, turning around and facing towards Sienn.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Rada made a beeline for the Interrogator, weaving through wreckage and bolts of coherent light, finally screaming up towards the Star Destroyer's belly, only cutting the engines seconds before the freighter's prow smashed through the mag-con field that arbitrarily separated the docking bay from the void of space. Rada switched over to the repuslorlifts as the Rusted Duck barged in, flaring hard to kill momentum and realign the ship with the hangar deck.

"Home safe," he announced as he guided the ship to its designated landing zone. "And I didn't even scratch your paint job," he added with a note of pride.

"By the way, they said they're entertaining guests in the forward sensor array and A1 turbolaser battery, and that we're cordially invited to attend."
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

M4-X1

M4 was ready to disembark, he stopped as the Doctor addressed the captain again. "I have been searching threw a small database of Imperial personal. Those with the training she possess's as well as force sensitivity, she is not in this database....though the list is a short one."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Your dashing saviour." Sienn responded, that smirk still there as she got out of the cockpit.

After retrieving something from her room, the twi'lek pulled a trim, light jacket around her frame and brushed her long lekku over her shoulders.

"But I'll settle for Vecta. Come along Sparkles."

The astromech droid extended its rollers and followed behind its owner. When the four of them had departed, Sienn locked the ship and approached the welcoming committee l.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-03-22 at 11:07 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

M4-X1

The possibility of it had already been ruled out, the woman was without a doubt not Lyn. But still as she flecked her lekku another memory file opened up and played a scene of Lyn putting on a coat with the same motion. M4's head twitched and a small spark surged across his head.

"Let us be off this ship." M4 ran another side by side comparison of the two, to remind himself again that not all Blue Twi'leks were Lyn. These flashes were starting to annoy the droid, he had ruled it out in less than a second but still his memory files continued to open around her. Finally he bent to the doctor and with his vocabulator turned down whispered (as best he could) into his ear.

"Doctor...when you have a moment there is something I...this Unit must discuss with you concerning...a Technical problem."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lt Colonel Ran Tobias
    Spoiler
    Show

HP 67/67, Condition Normal
    Damage Threshold 23
    Defenses: Fort 23, Ref 26, Will 30
    Skills Deception +20, Gather Information +15, Initiative +9, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +13, Knowledge (galactic lore) +13, knowledge (social sciences) +13, Knowledge (tactics) +18, Perception +11, Persuasion +20, Use Computer +13
    Force Points 11
    Attacks Heavy Blaster Pistol (+7, 3d8+5 energy damage, 20/x2)

Standing in a relatively safe location, Lt Colonel Tobias barked out orders and encouraged his men, directing their fire more efficiently.

As he did so, he actively scanned the field, looking to see if there was anyone that was directing the combat or stood out among the crowd.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift - Activate Born Leader. All in LoS gain +1 insight bonus to atk for encounter.
    Free? - Perception Check - (1d20+11)[24] to search for enemy commanders or elite units
    Move - Assault Tactics, Knowledge Tactics - (1d20+18)[22] to give all allies +1d6 versus any important target (see previous check) or, if none found, some hapless rebel. Each attack on that target reduces their reflex defense by 1. lasts 1 round
    Standard - Throw Frag Grenade - (1d20+7)[14] at the square 5 in front of Tobias, where the 7 are clustered together. Damage - (4d6+10)[22]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Kradu

"Sure M4," Kradu replied, "err, here, or is it something we need to stop by Maintenance for?"
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Command Docking Bay 2

The last of the Imperial Starfighters docked aboard the Interrogator multiple births were empty more than half of the Starfighter compliment was missing or destroyed. It gave the docking hangar a rather subuded tone even as mechanics and tech ran back and forth across the black polished floors scrambling to refuel and recharge the squadrons. The tone in the command hanger was rather subdued as well only two Stormtroopers were present to meet Sienn and those two simply stood sentry at the large doors that exited the hangar otherwise the hangar was deserted except for the maintenance crews bringing a fuel skiff and power generators out to the Reaver and the Rusted Duck.

Bridge
    On the bridge the navigator manipulated the controls at his station. A hum of power ran through the floor and the stars blurred as the Interrogator jumped into hyperspace. The blue corona of Hyperspace only lasted for a handful for a seconds before realspace re-emerged as the helmsman completed the micro jump.

The tactical sergeant grunted, "Sir I've just registered a small explosion from Major Dagan's position I don't have communication with anyone from security down there and the internal security system is not showing me anything on camera."

Battery

Colonel Tobias' troopers mowed the rebels down, he even blasted one of the charging men himself. Their tactics were suicidal the Stormtroopers and the Colonel killed more than twenty Rebels before the remaining dozen started throwing their blasters down and raised hands. Some overeager troopers mowed down two surrendering rebels before the blaster fire ceased the Stormtrooper sergeant looked at Ran, "Orders, sir?"

Ten rebels stood among the bodies with their hands raised when the fire silenced the shuttle pilot and crew came up too with their hands raised.

"We surrender!"

The three other Lancer frigates emerged from hyperspace about thirty seconds after Interrogator both the Dart and Lash looked crisp and brand new. The Scourge's armor glowed a dull red more than half of the aft starboard section of the ship seemed to have been branded.

Bridge
    "Sir the Scourge reports they took a final salvo from the MC80 before they jumped. Captain Dara is requesting to transfer the wounded crew members from the Scourge to the Interrogator. The Scourge looks functional but another hit from that MonCal Starcruiser will finish her off if they give chase." The communications ensign looked up from his station and reported to Captain Kang.

Mechanics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mando-Assume you made it aboard before the jump.
    Navigator's Astrogation Roll: DC 10 (1d20+8)[10]
    Last edited by A'den; 2013-03-23 at 04:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Moving down the ramp-way of her ship, Sienn stretched her shoulders and her arms before peering about the hanger bay properly.

Spotting the doors in the distance, the twi'leks long legs carried her quickly towards the two stormtroopers.

"I'm going to need to see the captain of the ship." Sienn spoke matter-of-factly to the two guards.

"I'm escorting a VIP of the Empire and will need his cooperation in facilitating some requests."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Captain Andan Kang

Spoiler
    Show
    VSD-II Interrogator
    hp 1,168; DR 20; SR 145; Threshold 251

"Calculate for jump two. Inform Scourge that they have permission to transfer all non-essential personnel to Interrogator, but I'm not willing to write off that frigate just yet. Tell them that they should begin to affect repairs and keep with us if at all possible." the Captain replied, his words calm and measured despite the situation. They'd had to retreat, but he'd done it with the loss of only two bulk cruisers thus far. He would not add a valuable anti-starfighter frigate to the death toll if he could help it.

"Inform Major Dagan that he should have an excellent explanation for his failure ready for me when next I see him. If Colonel Tobias is finished with the turbolaser battery boarders, have him reinforce the Major with all haste. I don't want Interrogator damaged any further." he frowned. With two thousand troops on board it was a wonder that these Rebel scum had even made it past the airlock... If Major Dagan was still alive then he was looking at a possible demotion. This was unacceptable.

He switched his focus once more, knowing that he didn't have the time to linger on any one subject. "Have Commander Yerill report to the bridge. I want an accurate assessment of our remaining fighter strength and a report of how our pilots faired in the last engagement." he ordered, not yet aware that the Commander was no longer amongst the living.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assisting Pilot's Astrogation. Taking 10 on my Use Computer for a 22 if possible.
    Pilot DC10: (1d20+10)[28]

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

"Home safe," Rada announced as he guided the ship to its designated landing zone. "And I didn't even scratch your paint job," he added with a note of pride.

Good work. As soon as this engagement with the Rebels no longer requires my attention I shall see to it that you are compensated for your effort.

"By the way, they said they're entertaining guests in the forward sensor array and A1 turbolaser battery, and that we're cordially invited to attend."

You are welcome to accept their invitation if you desire.
    Mira gestured to the two Commandos in the small passenger section of her ship as she headed to the docking ramp.
    Clean yourselves up with anything you need and then report to the A1 turbolaser battery. You both performed well, for your exemplary service I'm stripping you of your rank and title. If you want that salute, you'd better get it now. Tavik gave an uncommon little smile with her joke as she held out her hand to receive the rank cylinders back from the trooper. Despite his self-inflicted injuries, she knew he would be heading straight towards the lightfight and not the medical bay. It was exactly the kind of dedication that was expected of the forces of the Empire, and she was happy to see him upholding it.

Descending the ramp from the Nightclaw, Mira spotted the Twi'Lek that had caused so much damage aboard the Rebel vessel stretching casually and speaking to the hangar guards, as though she had just finished nothing more strenuous than a sporting competition. As she approached she overheard the woman's request, and Mira waved the troopers off as one of them looked over at her with what she was sure was an expression of uncertainty under his helmet. Without having seen her in action, the Twi'Lek looked more like she ought to be asking to dance for the captain than make requests of him.

I'll see to this, trooper. I am on my way to the bridge now, come with me and I'll escort you there. Bring your passengers too, I'm sure the captain will want to speak with them.
    Despite her lack of obvious rank or identification, Mira was clearly no longer the quailing civilian she had appeared on the Patriot. She returned the stormtroopers back to their post with a flick of her wrist, and stepped past them into the hallways of the Star Destroyer, not waiting to see if the dark jedi followed or not.