New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default 'Basic Game' Team One IC

"Goblin raiding parties have been attacking the the village of Daytown. The villagers have been able to repel the goblins, chasing them back to a cave on the edge of town. The raids have continued and the town's defenders are growing fewer in number. The village elder's have put out a call for adventurers to delve the depths of the cave and put an end to the goblin menace before the town is overrun."

You have bravely entered the cave, only to find you weren't the only one to answer the villagers' call. Other adventurers have already gathered near a set of heavy wooden doors bound in iron. The doors are closed and bare carvings of dragons.

OOC & MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Introduce yourselves, decide on which square your in and your first actions.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: 'Basic Game' Team One IC

Walking towards the doors with his friend Lenny, Hiriam stops when he spots the other adventurers. For a moment he stares at them, idly stroking his prominent mustachios, before turning to Lenny.

"Well well my friend, it looks like we're not the only ones the villager's called up." He eyes them again, before shrugging. "Let's say we stroll over and introduce ourselves, eh?"

Matching action to words, Hiriam saunters over to the other adventurer's. "Ello there good folks. My name is Hiriam Lightfoot, the Halfling Hero of Hondar, at your service." With this, he sweeps his wide brimmed hat, complete with a large plume, off his head and bows. "Have you come seeking to help out the folk of Daytown as well?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    When introductions are made, I'll move to the left near space to the door and search it for traps/check if it's locked, disabling/unlocking if the answer is yes. Then stepping back one space and letting someone open it.

Searching the Door: (1d20+6)[9]
    Disabling Traps: (1d20+6)[23]
    Unlocking Door: (1d20+8)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everyone), to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

- "Good Omens"

3. - Top - End - #3

Hiriam:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The doors don't appear to be locked and you don't see any telltale signs of it being trapped either.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Desmond

"My name is not important but Desmond will do."

He brushes his hand through his hair, waiting until their "guide" indicates the area is not precarious. When Hiriam yields the question of his companions' objective, the answer is curt from Desmond.

"Do not be mistaken, mortal, I am here because I was given the opportunity to "adventure through the area." It is safe to say that we have a "common goal."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-07 at 06:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

"Come now, is that how greetings are made where you come from Master Desmond?" a voice echos from the cave entrance.
    A loud clanking can be heard as a tall man starts making his way towards the door before suddenly stumbling, only just catching himself before falling flat on his face.
    "Did you see that! Kord's boots! The Goblins must have warded the very rock itself to prevent the Strength of my master from entering." he says, his eyes shifting slightly, trying to see if he has convinced the others standing in front of him that he didn't just trip.

Finally reaching the rest of the group, the man takes off his helmet and slams it, and his fist against his chest, "Uxander Dranac. My The Brawler bless your arms and blades." he says, quickly putting his helmet back on, his hand going behind his back to hide the furious shaking, trying to relieve the pain of catching his thumb between his headgear and the breast of his armour.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A very tall and definitely very strong halforc stood just behind Hiriam. A glave was in both his hands and a halberd as strapped to his backside. He followed his Halfling Companion, forgetting to stay away, while his friend checked for traps.

The half-orc smiled at these new friends, completely ignoring their names and introductions. Simply happy to meet new people, Lenny waved a happy hello to them, his hand floped up and down as he did so. One could tell just by looking at the happy fellow that not all things were right in his head.

"H-Hallo! I'm uhhh Lenny"

A long , almost difficult, pause followed every word that came out of his mouth. A speech problem for sure. But obviously Lenny didn't care for he was to busy being excited about these new people.
    <3^<3
    Love to the power of love is a powerful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Wizards are like scientists. When not in obvious danger, they poke and prod and whatever was just trying to kill them. For knowledge.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hearing the introductions of the strangers, and smiling at Lenny remembering to greet them, Hiriam replaces his hat on his head and begins to twirl one of his mustachios again.

"Well, so long as we're here together, we might as well seek out the goblins together, whatever our objectives may be, eh? Here, let me check the door; goblins can be known to leave a trap or two behind, but I'm a master at traps. I'll have that door ready to open quick as can be."

After checking the door for traps for a moment, Hiriam steps back and waves the others forward. "There we are, good fellows. Not a trap to be found. If one of you would care to do the honors?" He then waits patiently, for someone to open the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everyone), to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

- "Good Omens"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving to stand before the door, Uxander readies his sword. "If one of you wouldn't mind opening the door just a crack, I'll head in first."

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Not noticing the potential danger, Lenny opted to help this new friend of his. If someone didnt want to, then by all means he would do his best! "ooh! ooh! Let me open it!"

Reaching over the paladin, Lenny's green hand grabs and pulls upon the ornate handle, opening the door.
    <3^<3

Wizards are like scientists. When not in obvious danger, they poke and prod and whatever was just trying to kill them. For knowledge.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

As the large Half-Orc opens the door, Uxander slowly steps through, his eyes searching for any sign of the goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check: (1d20+1)[7]
    Listen Check: (1d20+1)[10]

11. - Top - End - #11

Before Uxander can even react, an arrow streaks across the room!
    Luckily, the arrow shatters against Uxander's scale mail, leaving him unharmed.

Spoiler
    Show

Surprise attack from a goblin archer!
    Attack (1d20+3)[6]
    Damage (1d6)[2]

Roll for initiative!

Map:

Last edited by leafman; 2013-03-09 at 08:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Kord's Loincloth! You call that an attack! Come here you little green sneak!" Uxander shouts, raising his sword a little, getting ready to charge in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20-1)[8]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lenny flinched at when he heard the arrow crash into the paladins armor. He looked right to Hiriam for guidance. All he needed was just a little nudge and then he would react with the powerful strength he was born with. Smashing anything and everything in his path.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+2)[10]
    <3^<3

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ducking low to see past Uxander and Lenny, Hiriam see's a goblin archer in the corner. "Goblins! Filthy little blighters!" Turning to his large companion, he points at the goblin. "Go get em lad! Smash the green one!"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

- "Good Omens"

15. - Top - End - #15

AssassinGuy

Desmond thought of bombarding the craven but withheld the glow in his hands. Not worth the trade. He scoffs at the archer, getting out his crossbow.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+1)[5]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-10 at 04:24 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Stepping forward into the room, Hiriam notices the goblin warrior to his right. "Not so fast, Greenie! Attacking from surprise is my trick!" He quickly slips his bow off his back, knocks an arrow, ans let's it fly at the goblin warrior.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step straight forward, draws bow, and fires at the warrior.

Hit: (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage: (1d4)[4]
    Sneak Attack (if applicable): (1d6)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

- "Good Omens"

17. - Top - End - #17

Hiriam's arrow goes wide. The goblin warrior shrieks "FOR TUSENMAUG!", charges Hiriam and takes a swing with his morningstar.

Spoiler
    Show

Charge +2 attack -2 AC
    Attack: (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]

The goblin lands a nasty blow into Hiriam's left side.
    Last edited by leafman; 2013-03-11 at 12:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Seeing Hiriam get struck by the mace, Lenny cries out in terror and rage as he charges the offender. Rushing just past Hiriam, Lenny's powerful glave comes crashing down upon the goblin. "NOOO!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Hit (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage (1d10+7)[8]
    Move to just under Uxander, I forget to edit my post with the numbers and recycling character sheets tends to alter my actual character stats. I figured I missed something.
    Last edited by Magnera; 2013-03-11 at 11:42 PM.
    <3^<3

19. - Top - End - #19

The goblin warrior crumples to the floor under the might of Lenny's blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    For reference, where did Lenny move to? Also why only a +5 to-hit? you have a total attack bonus of +6 Nice job one-shotting the goblin
    Last edited by leafman; 2013-03-11 at 10:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let me show you how a True warrior does it! May Kord's hand guide my blaaaaade!" Uxander bellows, charging in so he's right in front of the Goblin Archer, heaving his sword in a mighty swing, trying to slash the Goblin in half from left shoulder to right hip.

Spoiler
    Show
    +5 base, +2 charge, -1 PA.
    Greatsword Attack (with Power Attack): (1d20+6)[12]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[15]
    Crit Damage (if required): (4d6+16)[28]

**Hmmm... I think Kord was washing his beard when I clicked submit **
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2013-03-11 at 11:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

The blade swishes through the air, missing it's intended target. The goblin chortles "Overgrown monkey man!" It reloads it's crossbow and fires point blank into Uxander.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+3)[20]
    damage (1d6)[4]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

**Okay, lets try that one again. Too bad I don't still get the charge bonus.**

Uxander grunts as the quarrel pierced his hip, raising his sword again to strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Greatsword Attack (with Power Attack): (1d20+4)[7]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[19]
    Crit Damage (if required): (4d6+16)[32]

**Nope... I still suck .**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2013-03-12 at 12:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Uxander misses once more.

Spoiler
    Show

As requested, a map update.

24. - Top - End - #24

AssassinGuy

Desmond inches his lanky body near the enthused youth. He rolled his eyes at the recklessness. He still had use for him so he would not let his life forfeit for now. The bolt stretching the recurve, the projectile is free to travel, homing on the enemy once he turned the lever and his eyes had confirmed his target.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (1d20-3)[10]
    Damage - (1d8)[4]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-14 at 12:09 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lenny, not taking time to check if the warrior was going to get back up, charges the other threat with his glave swinging nice and wide, hoping to attack right past Uxander!

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to up and to the left of Uxander, this enables me to charge since I move more than ten feet.

Hit (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage (1d10+7)[11]

EDIT: So this is what happens when you post right before going to bed I think I fixed it!

Last edited by Magnera; 2013-03-14 at 08:18 AM.
    <3^<3

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cursing himself for his recklessness at running in before Lenny, Hiriam ducks behind some rubble, aiming to keep himself from being a target, leaving the other goblin to Lenny and their two new companions. Seeing Lenny finish him, he grins before bandaging his wound.

"Good job, Lenny my boy! That's the way to deal with goblins!" Stopping to twirl his mustachios again, he also eyes Uxander. "This one looks like he'll fit right in with you too!"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soon as combat is over, I'll go ahead and search the room for traps and anything interesting, as well as the bodies (assuming no one else does). I'm also going to retrieve the arrow I fired off.

Search: (1d20+6)[7]

Apparently, I need to start taking 10 or 20...
    Last edited by Keylac; 2013-03-15 at 12:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

- "Good Omens"

27. - Top - End - #27

AssassinGuy

Desmond scavenged whatever he could from the goblins. Parts of them were vital to magical research and applications. He took out a vial, filling out samples of their blood. He pulled out a scalpel, removing layers of skins and some hairs reserving the components for future uses. Done, snapping his backpack with a click, his eyes glance around the dungeon for any useful items and concealed traps and listens as fastidious as an owl would at night, seeing no opposition in the current time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (Patiently - Take 20) - 20+2=22
    Listen - (Patiently - Take 20) - 20+2=22
    Search - (Patiently - Take 20) - 20+7=27
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-15 at 02:13 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

The goblin warrior has a large medallion tucked under his armor. Upon closer inspection you notice the medallion bears the seal of Daytown.
    The only other items you find of value on the goblins are their weapons, crude though they are.
    A chest sits in an alcove, you don't find any traps and the chest appears to be unlocked.

29. - Top - End - #29

AssassinGuy

"Hiriam, this object might be worthy of your interest." Desmond plucked the medallion from it's still body, tossing it to him before extending his quarterstaff to lift the latch of the chest.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-15 at 08:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A deep, very silly giggle comes out of Lenny when he gets complimented by Hiriam. He walks right over to his friend and stands by, a goofy and innocent grin forms upon his face. While waiting for his allies to get moving again, Lenny pulls out a bulls eye lantern and turns it on. His great height lets it easily reach long distances, along with its unique no spill design, it can be banged up and damaged as much as needs be and will probably continue to work.
    Last edited by Magnera; 2013-03-16 at 11:31 PM.
    <3^<3