New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Gods Among Men: Ilum's Prison

As Kekth and Bo continue wrestling, Uroo delivers a furious counterattack against the guard that had just stabbed him. His claws swipe at air, but his bite connects, digging into the guard's shoulder. Then, as the scorpion appears behind him, he whirls around desperately, knocking a claw to the side almost as if by accident. However, the second connects, causing him to drop his spear, reeling mere seconds away from falling. The white hot stinger strikes him in the chest as he falls to the ground.

The second guard pauses for a brief moment. The giantkin was stuck with the large human, and they were now 4 against 2. Taking a wary step backwards, he turns and breaks into a run.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Uroo

Seeing the strength quickly fade from his attacker, Uroo reaches out with one had to catch him by the collar. Wiping the blood from his face with his other hand, he checks the status of the giant behind him. "Don't kill the guards. Maybe we can use them to bargain for our passage."

3. - Top - End - #63

Bo grunts under considerable effort to maintain his hold. No Problem! Just - Little - Longer...

Spoiler
    Show

Since you are pinned, and you therefore lose your action, (see OCC) Bo will maintain his crushing pin for 1d12 if he can.

(1d20+10)[25] vs your (1d20+6)[15]
    and if I hold it (1d12)[12] non-lethal
    Given your willingness to fail the battle, I took the liberty of rolling for you. I hope that's okay.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    As far as I can see, Kekth now has 21 nonlethal. He could technically take another point, but I guess that concludes the battle.
    I think that would be best. =)

Kekth struggles against Bo's sleeper hold, but he can't manage to get a good enough grip to fight back. He strains himself as best as he can, but it only serves to tire himself as the human denies Kekth breath. The world fades to black around Kekth, and he falls unconscious.
    Most excellent custom avatar by Kymme!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Kadar's scorpion dissolves, chunks of fine sand breakig off, until there is naught but a small pile left of it. Kadar walks over and picks up the spear of the now-dead guard. "So they know we are here. Let's get moving." He poitns to the unconscious guard. "Is he dead yet? I'd rather not kill him, but we can't linger here."

Spoiler
    Show
    does someone has a half-plausible excuse for why we would bring Kekth along? I'm pretty sure the other prisoners would strangle him if we just left him

6. - Top - End - #66

Bo looks pensively as both Kekth and Jase. It was a lot of guards to carry around. Jase my friend. Can you walking? Is very big man this guard, but leaving here is no good. His tender heart and concern for even his enemies bespeaks the "Friendly" in his moniker. With a grunt he lifts Kekth over his shoulder. The guard lets out a slight dizzy moan that is semi-conscious at best. Sleep well brave giant. Today you live. He was heavy and cumbersome, no doubt, but leaving any helpless man to be torn apart by and angry mob was not an option Bo was willing to consider. And you, he address the smaller dead guard beside him very apologies from heart.

Bo leads the way down the passage, listening carefully for signs of further resistance ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen (1d20+6)[10]
    Spot (1d20+6)[24]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"Bring him..." Jase wheezes. "We'll probably need a hostage if we're going to get out of these mines alive.." he'd seen some of the entrances, and knowing that the guards had explosives worried him. it would be too easy for the guards to block off and hold the tunnels against the unarmed prisoners. If they were smart.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Prisoners begin emerging from the passage, the scarred gnoll first among them, though they can only move two or three abreast. Noticing the scene of battle, the gnoll speaks. "Lets get moving before they manage to gather their force."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

9. - Top - End - #69

Bo continues to lead the way down the passage, listening as he goes.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The prisoner horde begins to stream outside, and as the tunnel finally opens to the night air, the guards can be seen on the yard between the three barracks. However, with many of them woken in their sleep and forced to don their armor in haste, far from all of them are in the yard. Around 10 of them stand in a row on the clearing, around 100 feet from the opening. A man, their commander most like, raises a spear.

He turns towards the prisoners at the entrance, and shouts a command, spurring the rank of spears into a charge. Though outnumbered four to one, the prisoners' numerical advantage would help them little if they were stuck to the passage by a wall of spears.

The gnoll, first in the line of prisoners, howls and shouts."Outside! Now!" He starts running, taking a few extra of distance from Bo, Kadar, Uroo and Jase.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, more guards are going to show up as they get their armors, shields and spears on. If the prisoners can avoid being pinned by spears or overwhelmed, they have a fair chance of escaping and scattering if they move right away.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2013-04-19 at 02:14 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

11. - Top - End - #71

Now is time to make magic misting friend. We can sneak out, or do you want fighting?

12. - Top - End - #72

Uroo

Stepping to the front of the party, Uroo holds the fallen guard in front of him like a shield. Hopefully this would deter any attackers from charging him. "Let the horde make a distraction and run past in the chaos. This is a fight not worth having."

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoblack View Post
    Uroo

Stepping to the front of the party, Uroo holds the fallen guard in front of him like a shield. Hopefully this would deter any attackers from charging him. "Let the horde make a distraction and run past in the chaos. This is a fight not worth having."
    Wery well. We shall watch the action from heres...

Bo places his hostage the the left of the prison opening and leans against the rock face. He and his companions watch as an angry horde of prisoners stream past them and into battle with the guards.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The two forces clash, the prisoners trying to swarm over their better armed and better trained opponents. Though the first clash lessens the amount of prisoners nearly by the number of spears, the guards nevertheless take a step back from the sheer press of bodies. The odd guard is brought down by the charge, forcing them to tighten their ranks, leaving a few precious feet of space between the prisoner horde and the cliff face.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"That's it," Jase calls, "let's get going." he stumbled along with Bo helping him to walk, trying to make as good speed as was possible.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Agreed! I see opening.
    Bo assists Jase towards the chink in the wall of sparring men indicated. He hopes they pass unnoticed.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"That looks like it!" Kadar makes for the hole. Just before he reaches the fighting he stops, mutters a few words with accompanying gestures, conjuring a pitch of grease beneath the guards battling the prisoners near the cliff, hoping to make them miss the group in the confusion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kadar casts grease
    Last edited by TwelvePointFive; 2013-05-01 at 01:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Running along the cliff face, the barracks plateau transforms into a steep hillside, though still not too steep to walk. Behind, a guardsman slips on the grease, while another struggles to keep balance on it. The ranks withdraw another step, but more guards begin streaming from the doors of the barracks, the last you see of the battle before it disappears behind the hillside.

The woods cover your retreat now, and Karnhan should be mere kilometers southwest, though the woods themselves might have fewer Carac.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

19. - Top - End - #79

When the last of the prison disappears from view Bo puts down the massive unconscious guard. In the adrenalin fueled heat of the moment he had forgotten that he was carrying him! Friendly Bo looks around and sees naught but wilderness around him. Leaving the guard here in his condition would be tantamount to murder. But what else should he do? Surely his odds are better here than in the midst of a riot.

Friendly Bo always did have an impractical soft spot for others. He gives the guard a few light slaps on the face. The others are moving ahead without him. He does not want to get left behind, but his conscience will nag at him if he leaves the man here. Must he carry the man forever?

Wake up!

Two more light smacks.

My friend you must wake, or I leave you to wolves. Wake up! Is not very nice but I carry you no more. Is - what word? - necessity. No?

No response. Bo is not a healer. His best idea is to give the man a slightly harder slap.

Last chance. You must for to wake now.

20. - Top - End - #80

Uroo

The Gnoll leans down and sniffs the unconscious guard. I don't think it would be wise to leave him so close to the rest of the horde. Lets take his weapons and see if we can get some information from him before we leave."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kekth stirs after a few smacks across the face, mumbling "Prisoners....Get back.." He notices a slap-hungry look on Bo's face, and he sits up briskly. A quick shake of his head is followed by regret, as a headache sweeps over him. "You..Why did you take me with you? They will pay no ransom for the likes of me."
    Most excellent custom avatar by Kymme!

22. - Top - End - #82

Friendly Bo is as confused as Kekth. To him the answer is obvious.
    Because I no want to see you die by angry prisoners. Is not dignity. Now you are waking you can go back and live a good long time. We are escapings, and yes you are enemy, but why for one man die because of this? You have lost. Perhaps we fight again one day. On that day, remember my words.
    He gives his foe a gentle smile as he explains this. For him, the golden rule dictates his life. To live life freely and without bounds, and to only stop when this freedom affects the like freedom of others. You wouldn't know it, but there is a philosopher inside this gentle giant.
    Goodbye. Yetchizma...
    He waves off Uroo's suggestion. Extorting information from the helpless was not his way. Instead, he jogs to catch up with the others encouraging Uroo to leave the man behind. If he were less trusting he would have turned around to see if Uroo agreed...

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"It rather seems you found the positive side of Bo's simplicity," commented Jase standing near the fallen guard; "He's loyal, I'll give him that, but I'm not going to be the one to kill you if he says no. Just so you know. And Kekth, don't look badly on my, er, little deception: I was only there to help Bo out, not free everyone; and you can see he is a kind soul." Thinking they'd probably peeked Kekth's interest enough he turned and hurried to catch up with Bo.

"We should find somewhere sheltered to make camp," he said slowly to the giant, "I'm hurt, remember, and I need somewhere to rest before we move on. You got that?"
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Making their way into a small copse in order to make camp, Jase sank to the ground exhausted.
    "Hate to be a burden like this and all, but would you be willing to stand watch for a few hours whilst I get my strength back. Those guards back at the place aren't half nasty with their spears." Jase was really that the others wouldn't remember he'd been on the other side: but that wasn't all too likely.

Shutting his eyes, Jase relaxed, knowing he needed to get some sleep so he could be back on his feet the next day.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Bo helped to set up camp and honored Jase's request to stand guard. To occupy himself he softly sang "the waiting song". It was a lyrical ballad from his homeland about a man who spent his whole life waiting on others until one day he decided to seize control and move things forward for himself.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The next morning

You awake, and the whistling you hear in the distance makes you uncertain whether it was the whistling that awoke you, or whether you simply awoke to hear it. Regardless of which it was, the sound moves closer, though not very quickly.

Eventually, a rustle in the undergrowth becomes apparent, and a woman whose hair has already gone gray walks into view among the trees. Though rather short and with the stout, northern features of an Angrian, her skin does not match that expectation, being too brownish for anyone from the north. A thick brown cloak covers her almost entirely, and she holds a walking stick, though from her gait it seems that she hardly needs it. She quickly notices the dried blood covering Jase's torso. "Oh dear," she says. "You look hurt." She walks closer and looks at the three of you, the targets of her gaze making you realize that Kadar and Kekth have left in the night. "Whatever are you doing out here?"
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

27. - Top - End - #87

Hello. Pleased to be meeting you. Can you helping him? We are lost.

It was all true. Bo tried to avoid lying if he could avoid it.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Lost?" She raises an eyebrow. "You are but three kilometers from the village. My house is even closer." She extends her left hand to Jase, who seems most injured, though she does not fail to note the wounds on the others. "Can you walk? I can take you. I used to be a healer you know, I can still mix a poultice for your hurts."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Despite having recovered over night, Jase's injury still pained him, as it had only really scabbed over.
    "Thank you, my lady," he answers with unnecessary gravity. "I am Jase Tiaron, and these are my companions: Bo the Friendly, and er, Uroo, I believe. We are not well acquainted with these lands, and your help is much valued."

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 2/12!!!
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Please to be meeting you. He speaks so softly and deeply that his voice is drowned out by a chittering squirrel and has to repeat himself. *Ahem* Please to be meeting you mam.