Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    You approach the cabin cautiously, aware of the violent tendencies of the men you've tracked this far and none too eager to have it visited upon yourselves. The cabin and surrounding areas are quiet, and the inside is dark save the dim light of a few candles you can just barely make out through the grimy windows.

    Spoiler
    Show


    You aren't in initiative order yet. How do you want to proceed? Tree spaces are difficult terrain should it become relevant.
    Last edited by Shadebinder; 2013-03-18 at 06:22 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Postmodernist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Loranys moves forward, a wand in her left hand and a tanglefoot bag in her right. She pauses, her lips drawn into a pout, as she awaits her companions' actions.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move forward 20' and ready to cast Wall of Smoke at the door the moment it opens. Wand of Grease in hand, tanglefoot bag in the other.

    Effects/Durations
    Expeditious Retreat: 1 min
    Mage Armor: 1 hour

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PowerGamer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Vlad, long spear in hand, starts to make his way to the back side of the cabin. He's warded his companions from the fire that burns within him. He's itching to get rid of these thieves.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move 20 ft to the left.

    **Tip** Is it possible to put letters and numbers onto the grid? Might help when moving to just say move to L# verses "5ft diagonal top left and 15 left"
    Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    IC - Cerberus Silvershaper
    IC - Richard Shieldhand
    IC - Sho'vothar
    IC - Logan Ebonkill
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

    ----Weretiger ---- Natsu Dragneel

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    For we wield, the righteous flaaaaaames of justice! Archibald finishes his (utterly abysmal) song, smirking as his own longsword and the weapons of his allies burst into flames. Ready, lads? Oh, and lady.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using my Dragonfire Inspiration. +2d6 fire damage on everyone's attacks, moving in front of Loranys and readying an attack against the first enemy that comes within range.
    Last edited by Fates; 2013-03-18 at 03:40 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jopustopin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Samuel will move silently until he's 15 feet away from the door. He'll then wait until he hears the tell tale sign of his fire breathing companion before he does anything else.



    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

    Senses Aura is up: +1 initiative for all allies within 30 feet.
    Right Hand: Shield
    Left Hand: Shortspear
    Shape Soulmeld: Rageclaws
    Invested 1 essentia into Rage Claws
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2013-03-16 at 10:20 AM.
    I'll be back September 1, 2013 November 1, 2013 to infinity and beyond!

    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    As the rest of the party readies themselves for the coming fight, Vladmir circles around the cabin. Moments later an entire corner of the cabin is ablaze, door and all. Apparently not all of the inhabitants of the cabin were asleep however, for a cry goes up scarcely a second after the flames take hold of the log siding. After some muffled cursing, the other door is flung open, revealing one of the bandits standing in the doorway, sword in hand. His eyes open wide at the sight of the rest of the party apparently ready and waiting for that very action.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Each of the bandits is carrying a shortsword and is wearing leather armor. The bandit king (the unique token) is technically currently out of sight of the party, but since you'll see him shortly it hardly matters. His shortsword is of finer make than the others and his leather armor is reinforced with thin discs of steel.

    You lost initiative, but all of the bandits' actions were consumed by standing, drawing weapons, or opening the door. Your move.
    Last edited by Shadebinder; 2013-03-18 at 06:22 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PowerGamer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Vlad, happy with the way the cabin is starting to burn, runs as fast as his short legs can carry him back towards the front of the house, wary of the flames that he's started.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Running x2 Speed. 5ft step Bottom Left and then down for rest of turn
    Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    IC - Cerberus Silvershaper
    IC - Richard Shieldhand
    IC - Sho'vothar
    IC - Logan Ebonkill
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

    ----Weretiger ---- Natsu Dragneel

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jopustopin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Samuel sneers but doesn't say anything charging forward the moment the door opens. The shortspear tears through the man in an explosion of pure force and fire sending charred bits of viscera across the back of the room.

    Combat
    Spoiler
    Show

    Swift Action: Switch to Power Aura (+1 bonus to melee damage rolls)
    Full Round Action: Charge
    Shortspear (1d20+6)[25] for (3d6+5)[21] points of damage.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2013-03-18 at 10:09 AM.
    I'll be back September 1, 2013 November 1, 2013 to infinity and beyond!

    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Postmodernist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Loranys sees the door open and summons a noxious cloud to block the entrance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Wall of Smoke 10' across the entrance of the door and into the cabin. Fortitude saves against nausea for anyone passing through it. Grants concealment. Let's whack 'em as they come through, lads.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Laughing merrily, Archibald leaps into the fray, deftly slashing his thin longsword at the bandit outside the smoky door, flames dancing along its edge.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Charging the bandit as well.
    Attack: (1d20+2)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[7] & (2d6)[6] fire

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    It hardly seems possible, but Samuel does indeed make one of the bandits quite literally explode, aided by Archibald's magic. Archibald's own attack proves slightly less fruitful, hacking weakly at what remains of the unfortunate man.

    Three of the remaining bandits pour out of and into the doorway, coughing at the thick smoke suddenly present. One of them doubles over in a fit of choking coughs as he stumbles free, but the other two seem to weather its effects with little harm, circling around Archibald and seeking to make short work of him.

    Inside, the bandit king draws closer and readies his weapon warily, waiting to see the outcome of the melee.

    Spoiler
    Show


    (The two bandits outside provoke AoOs from Archibald and Samuel as they move past. The one on the left came out first and is nauseated. If your AoOs drop both of them, ignore the second attack, reduce the attack rolls by 2, and ignore the precision damage.)

    Attacks against Archibald: (1d20+6)[22] for (1d6+2)[8] + (1d6)[5] precision damage.

    (1d20+6)[26] for (1d6+2)[8] + (1d6)[1] precision damage.
    Last edited by Shadebinder; 2013-03-23 at 05:43 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PowerGamer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Vlad keeps running, long spear in hand ready to join the fray. Their plan to block an exit with fire worked. Rounding the corner of the house, he takes a few more steps before stopping.

    Spoiler
    Show
    running again. Stopping 2 squares from left bandit (5ft gap between.
    Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    IC - Cerberus Silvershaper
    IC - Richard Shieldhand
    IC - Sho'vothar
    IC - Logan Ebonkill
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

    ----Weretiger ---- Natsu Dragneel

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Archibald frantically counterattacks, his sword whirling about.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+2)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5] + (2d6)[8] fire.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jopustopin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Attack of Opportunity on the second guy:
    Shortspear (1d20+6)[17] for (3d6+5)[16] points of damage.
    I'll be back September 1, 2013 November 1, 2013 to infinity and beyond!

    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jopustopin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Samuel had driven his spear so violently through the first guy that he continued the momentum of his attack impaling a second guy onto his spear. Again a burst of flames ignites the man and the two of them are dead before Samuel can even use his mailed boot to kick them off his weapon.


    "Really? A smarter man would have thrown down his weapon." Samuel had said when the third man had attacked Archibald instead of begging for his life. Samuel's attack was thrust slowly forward, and the bandit had easily been able to parry the spear away from his vitals. Something about the way Samuel looked at the man, a half smile and a spark in his eyes, indicated that he was playing with the bandit.

    Spoiler
    Show

    When the man in the doorway attacks Archibald, Samuel switches his aura from power to vigor as a swift action (Fast healing 1).

    If Archibald is unconscious Samuel will five foot step over his body.

    (1d20+4)[9] for (3d6+4)[14] points of damage.

    I'll probably save my AoO for the main dude and ignore the side guys this round.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2013-03-23 at 07:03 AM.
    I'll be back September 1, 2013 November 1, 2013 to infinity and beyond!

    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Postmodernist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fight ALL the bosses! - IC

    Loranys summons a burst of flame just inside the doorway, catching both the hapless bandit standing there and his nearby captain. Though the wall of smoke she had summoned dissipated, new fumes arose from the blaze she had conjured.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Loranys moves north 5' to be within range. She casts a 5' fiery burst just inside the doorway, one square NW of the bandit in the door/standing in front of Archibald, catching both him and the bandit leader.
    (2d6)[8] fire damage to each, DC 17 Reflex save for half. Flammable objects are possibly set ablaze.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •